Is this worth checking out? I know the later seasons go downhill...

Is this worth checking out? I know the later seasons go downhill, but I'm in kind of a TV dry spell and I like zombies well enough

Attached: walkingdead.jpg (220x326, 21K)

the first 4 seasons are mediocre but entertaining enough. After that it just gets progressively more unwatchable.

It depends on how you like the pacing of a tv show. But stop once you hit the season 7 premiere. Everything after that is a steaming pile of shit.

Since they fired Darabont, everything went downhill. They destroyed what was good and promising in S1. It is filled with SJW propaganda, worst dialogues I've ever seen in a series and overall boring af. Instead of 6 quality episodes, they made 12 shitty ones. It is the best example of quantity over quality.

Last 2 season are pure garbage, the rest was great.

Only watch the first season

The first few episodes are good and worth watching. After that it travels downhill fast and into a valley of shit.

I really like the first 2 seasons.

Everything after season 1 is complete and utter trash.
OP watch succession instead.

The Walking Dead is a series with many ups and downs, and sometimes it goes to the garbage, to be a fan of TWD is to be masochistic.
but user, see at least the first season, the first episode Super Kino ;)

Attached: dont-open-dead-inside-paul-van-scott.jpg (600x463, 50K)

first episode is amazing. very cinematic. that's it.

You won't understand it unless you've played the pinball machine.

Attached: Walking Dead Pinball Premium Flyer Back.gif (1000x1285, 657K)

it's kind of interesting seeing how much diversity they can try to force into a post-apocalyptic environment

>Don't dead
>Open inside

Words to live by.

no they are not dumb nigger.

Attached: sgfsdsgds.jpg (640x485, 43K)

The pilot is worth watching, but everything after s1 is shit

This current seasons are the worst but bearable because of the cute cunny

They shit was there from the start. Remember the S1 episodes where a bunch of bad hombres turned out to be stand-up citizens protecting a hospital full of sick elderly people out of the goodness of their hearts?

Cringe. Season 1 is highly overrated because the pilot was good - the rest was very middling. Seasons 4 and 5 (especially 4) were the absolute best.

nah mang it wasnt out of the goodness of their hearts, they were protecting their abuelas, ese

First four are pretty good for something to have on.
Second season really drags, but is bearable if you up the playback speed and if you are marathoning you get through it quick.

Also just FYI they never really bother to try and "cure" the disease. They drop that after the first season. Zombies are just a mcguffin to tell a story about human drama. Unfortunately they overindulge in that drama in the later seasons.

The peak of the series is season 4-season 5. Stop watching at Season 6 episode 9 and treat it as the series finale.
You miss negan but you also miss all the boring slog inbetween negan.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was fucking cringe I admit.

It did had some good moments in S4 and 5, but overall the guys writing and directing clearly had no fucking clue on what they were doing.

I gave it a rewatch recently after dropping out during the first half of s09 when it first aired. It's not that bad, but s07 and especially s08 start dragging really hard. Only watch it if you really can't find anything else.

I stopped watching during that season premiere where they were shooting out the windows of Negan's factory base. I had already lost interest, but it was so bad at that point. Did it get even worse?

By later seasons you forget it’s a zombie show.

first episode is very good, shame, they rushed the rest of the series out of their assholes

It just becomes Rick intensely whispering to the group.

Later seasons have some kino moments. Honestly I think I dislike Season 3 the most, though I think they kind of butchered All Out War (Started off pretty good before they introduced Negan).

Attached: TheWalking-Dead-Rick-Grimes-neck-7n9U.gif (443x200, 923K)

Yeah, they kept going with forced drama, shitty dialogue and Rick's group being fucking retarded. The only episode I liked was the one about the Saviours. Also fuck Carl, what a retard.

that's actually the only good part of the show is that it sticks to zombies as a source of lawlessness rather than coming up with a bunch of silly new ideas for zombies to make them more scary. mankind was always supposed to be the biggest threat.

Most of my watching season 1 was waiting for an episode to be as good as episode 1 was

Go watch Kingdom for your zombie fix instead.

Isn't Ricks daughter prime cunny now?

I've been watching the walking dead as they've come out. Been watching it from the very start. Haven't really rewatched any of it. This is how I remember the seasons:
>S1 - short but sweet
>S2 - snoozefest, unnecessarily drawn out
>S3 - pretty good, ending was a bit shit
>S4 - first half is exact same as S3. 2nd half is kino
>S5 - kino. fave season all round
>S6 - pretty good from what I remember, it's a good build up to the next
>S7 - entertaining but the cracks really start to show. Negan is main draw
>S8 - just okay. Blad and what you expect. Bit of a let down. Kinda the end of the show.
>S9 - mixed bag. Some episodes, characters and plotlines go nowhere. The 2nd to last episode was very surpring tho. This season feels like the walking dead part 2. Feels detached from the other seasons

The Walking Dead has always been able to pull out the occasional really great individual episode, but it always fails at bridging them together with a compelling story arc.

Is there some kind of "skip the filler" viewing guide to just get the good stuff?

Isn't there supposed to be a Rick Grimes trilogy? What's happening with that

season 2 put me to sleep

No cos then you'd be too confused. The fights is really not the main attraction to the show

Last we heard was back at Comic Con when they announced that it had got upgraded from a series of TV movies to actual theatrical films.

Imagine being at computers

Yeah the first four are good iirc
I remember really getting sick of their shit during Season 2 when it was on the air, but I don’t think it would be an issue at all streaming

thats the newest season. the show obviously has a progressive producer now

Don't pretend all the drama isn't built around the fights though. When was the last major arc that wasn't
>Rick's group have to fight another group for survival

That's why FTWD was/is a better show, more variety in storylines. And no horrendous grey colour filter.

i am not a sicko like you but negan and judith as best friends is kino

Will the show have a better ending than the comic?

Attached: Walking_Dead_Ending_Carl_Daughter[1].jpg (1200x1481, 373K)

Welcome to 2011

Yeah but the fights aren’t that good
It wouldn’t be worth fastforwarding to watch 5 minutes of every third episode

Season 3 was the only good season of FTWD. As soon as the show had found its footing they completely retooled it into something way more retarded.

Why the fuck did they replace the artist from book 1. that art is such shit.

His art was way better but he couldn't get anything done on schedule.

Granted the first season with Morgan was astounding garbage. But season 5 has shaped up pretty great so far.

This. After the first season you can clearly tell that the studio said "this is well popular, we should stretch it out to get more advertising money... don't increase the budget though". That same conversation happened at fair few times during the show's run.

I totally disagree. I never dump a show. I watched ftwd and liked the first season concept when they were on a boat, season 2 wasnt great cause nobody cares about mexico but still had characters i could identify with.

Season 3 started and they killed off the father. the show was so bad after that i just dropped it. madison wasnt interesting at all.

I’ve seen all the seasons. I’ll give them each a rating
1: 8/10
2: 7/10
3: 6/10
4: 6/10
5: 8/10
6: 5/10
7: 3/10
8: 1/10
9: 7/10
Overall it’s probably worth a watch but holy hell is the show’s quality inconsistent

i still don't know how they made the governor an actual character in 2 episodes of season 4 vs an entire season in 3. And then they ruin negan lol.

why do so many people hate season 8? is it a meme?

Season 2 was clearly the worst as it was a 6 episode plot drawn out to 15 episodes.

Why do people love the new season so much as well? the only good thing is negan with judith

>madison wasnt interesting at all.
Man why did nobody like Madison. She was basically Rick but instead of "I will do anything to protect my children" meaning "I will shoot anybody to protect my children" it meant "I will try to convince you to kill yourself to calm down the indians" or "I will try to replace the mother figure of the psychopath".

It's just a terrible, terrible season of television from beginning to end. The finale was the worst thing I've ever seen and I once saw someone get hit by a car and die before the ambulance arrived.

8 was just a shitty action movie. 2 was slow but still pretty good.

its because her husband was a much more interesting and convincing character and protaganist that was becoming a breath of fresh air.

Madison was like lorrie from the walking dead early seasons, or andrea. hated by everyone because she wasnt right for it and came off as a bitch.

>Rating S2 so high
Nigga you high af

I don't even remember Travis having a character.

I watched the show recently and i can say the late season peppering of diversity that basically means adding a bunch of out of place fat women who couldnt survive in the apocalypse, changing the priests character from creepy to ladies man etc, along with the killing off of carl is what killed the show.

during season 2 i could only watch the travis and his son bits. everything else in mexico sucked ass. the hotel plot with the girls was like wtf i dont care and the guy with the mexican girl was also like "wtf why is this on the walking dead and why are they in mexico? at least go to an interesting country"

so yeah i stuck with it just for the father and the shitty son plot.

boat stretch was kino though they should have just kept that up and had them explore the world by boat

Oh dude its like in the failed telltale jurrasic park game. The characters in the first episode just start speaking spanish as if the player is meant to know spanish.

well no. fuck you. at least put in english subtitles and I don't give a fuck about latin american characters whos only character trait is they hate white people.

For me:
1: 7/10 (EP 1-2), 5/10 (The rest of S1)
2: 3/10
3: 5/10
Then I gave up. Not worth it, OP. Watch something else.

I'd say no. I dropped it after season 8, and I'm very glad I did.

I'll never even re-watch this show, there's really not much worth re-watching, even the early seasons where it was alright haven't aged that well. There's just too much bad, too many repetitive storylines in the later seasons it's just not worth it. So many awful characters too.

Checked but you're joking, right? I mean, the comics came out like once every 5 months and that guy's timing is the issue? Get the hell outta here.

Attached: Georgie San.jpg (1024x1024, 399K)

i didnt wanna rewatch cause every single character includng rick and ricks family and basically every character from the first season except carol dies.

if they all die whats the point. judith isnt even ricks daughter so whats the point

90% of the show is filler
Pic related is unironically true for almost every episode

Attached: 7B15DB42-6DB9-4AC8-8D0C-7A46E8FAD3AB.jpg (510x380, 38K)

Watch seasons 1,2, and 4 and then stop watching.

Beginning Arc
After they leave the farm
And right up until they find the next place is are the only arcs where the show is good. Anytime they settle down in a place (the farm, the governor's place, the prison) the show goes to ABSOLUTE SHIT. This show is best when they're on the road, on the move, constantly running from herds and dealing with day to day fuckery while trying to stay a live. The minute they hunker down and find a stable place it turns into the regular run of the mill bullshit drama show. I want to see people worrying about how they're going to eat and where the hell they're going to sleep tonight, not arguing over who used the last bit of toothpaste or hot water in the giant fucking compound or palace we live in.

Season 1 is cliche as hell.
Season 2 is a bit of a snooze fest
Season 3 is probably the best of them.