Literally ruined in the last 3 episodes of the series

>literally ruined in the last 3 episodes of the series
i'm still mad

Attached: jaime confession.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w9PXLTLuuSE
youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Long Night ruined everything. The last three episodes were the icing on the shit cake.

He was ruined in s5 when they had remain Cersei’s bitch boy and shit on his riverrun plot

How about when he killed his cousin for no reason in season 2?

a sacrifice so he could atempt an escape

Attached: devilish.png (658x545, 210K)

The biggest pleb filter is when you see someone saying that GOT was ruined in the last season, bunch of sheep that jumped on the hate train without any other reason than social pressure and sheep mentality.

The show was ruined for like 3 seasons (battle of the bastards was peak absurdity)
Fuck this show and fuck you too

Attached: b4073c4e24875d6dc6c3dc8f84429d18f989305fa46121d12cdb352c5727c6f1.jpg (239x81, 4K)

>not attempting to kill your cousins at least once per year
wow, someone grew up as an only child and it fucking shows

Attached: 1549836657441.jpg (704x528, 56K)

>what if the king massacres the innocent?
>if Renly asked you to stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive would you have done it?
>I never much cared for them, innocent or otherwise
D&D: Well Jaime kind of forgot he risked his life to save innocent people

Stay mad, him succumbing to his extreme love and addiction to Cersei was one of the most refreshingly realistic things in the show. Fuck off with 'muh typical redemption arc' some people change, a lot don't.

>refreshingly realistic
it's a show about ice zombies, dragons, teleporting mages, a time traveling cripple, and a woman who beats a 7+ foot tall man in one on one combat. nothing about it is realistic, fuck you

Remember when he murdered his cousin when that didn't happen in the books

There was a noticeable decline in quality once the show got ahead of the books but I wouldn't say it was ruined until the last 2 seasons

they didn't ruin anything about jaime, its very in character for him to crawl right back to cersei despite everything, because he loves her. you just wanted to see him fully get away from her. this doesn't even seem like a D&D thing either, i can easily see grrm doing something like this with book jaime too.

True, season 4 was when the cracks were showing, season 5 was garbage

A 6'3" woman beat a 6'6" man who had diarrhea at the time.

He had to do that so the Starks wouldn't look bad for keeping him prisoner in a horrible state, otherwise it might not be as clear they're the good guys

Reminder that they were screwing up from the very first scene of the first episode of the first season. It didn't matter so long as it was only minor things they were changing and they kept mostly to the books, but it showed they had no idea what they were doing on their own. As they gained both the confidence to make major changes, the collapse was inevitable.

Your fault for watching past S3.

Sure, character development and human behaviour is the same as all that. At least try to use your brain.

But in the books the Starks keep him in much better conditions at the start compared to the show, and only treat him worse after Tyrion's breakout attempt. It is in fact Tyrion the show had to protect as the perfect good guy, a trend it never broke.

>>I never much cared for them, innocent or otherwise

he could be lying to himself, or he could have been lying to himself about how much he cared for innocent people. thats kind of the point of jaime as a character, everything is up in the air for him and he just does whatever he wants.

>screwing up an unfinished works where the author themselves admits they can't handle the character plotlines and have no idea where it's going
they really ought to have done Robert's rebellion first, easy plot to follow and good world building whilst giving Martin time to finish his book.

Martin ain't finishing shit and the ending sucks anyway. lol fAegon

How could they have made this last season better?
What could they have fixed or taken out?
Should they have made the season longer or had a season 9?

Yeah they whitewashed Tyrion and Cersei too, but him being a good guy who gets punished for his brother's escape attempt doesn't look as bad as him just being an asshole murderer

i dont think the book version would have worked very well, the guy is hiding up a tree for most of it from what i remember and when he climbs down you get a corny jump scare

Yeah because publishers and those that handle the estates always respect an authors wishes

Attached: C412C8EE-DD40-459A-8EDD-D20A91BD5E41.jpg (1600x900, 198K)

Huh?

Attached: 1468075220165s.jpg (123x125, 2K)

Finger in the bum

BY WHAT RIGHT

will climbs a tree, waymar fights the others, dies, and then will climbs down and waymar wakes up a zombie. its just as stupid as what the show did

Tbh if they had just made Jamie go to Kingslanding to kill Cersie, and when he gets there he fails to do so or is killed by the rubble before he could it woudlve been kino

DOES THE WOLF

yes been shit since season 5

Tyrion did a flip in his introduction scene. Martin has written some stupid shit.

i was so confused when that happened in the book that i had to read it again because i didnt believe he actually put that in the book

>The biggest pleb filter is when you see someone saying that GOT was ruined in the last season, bunch of sheep that jumped on the hate train without any other reason than social pressure and sheep mentality.
Ironic. It was ruined before that by just not being the same show.

no they needed to kill of Sean Bean to establish the show as per how HBO was selling it, in that "anyone can die"

Agreed. I remember watching season 5 live, finishing it and thinking, what the fuck, this feels wrong, then season 6 happened and I knew it was over. Ironically, they have some of the most praise. I was emotionally done with the show after season 4.

i read the books so i knew s4 would be the last tolerable season because affc and adwd were a shitshow of too much character building with nothing actually happening

That and D&D only started the whole thing to film the red wedding. They weren’t going to wait 7 years for that plotline

What's the name of this show?

the first season being Robert's Rebellion could maybe have worked now that I think about it
but how would you deal with the R+L=J stuff? it becomes more apparent then unless you had scenes with Eddard and Ashara Dayne at Harrenhal and then implied that she was Jon's mother
and how would you deal with the Greyjoy's Rebellion? Time jump after and have an episode devoted to that or just have a short bit of that at the end or the beginning of the next season?
could work if they ever did a reboot, and a reboot in a western cartoon style, only thing that would really work IMO

I read the books too, and absolutely agree, in fact, I don't think I even finished the last one it was so boring. But I remember being shocked that season 5 and 6 got such critical acclaim, they felt so off.

Tell you what, the show has done so much damage to the IP, it's so freeing not giving a fuck about that fat cunt finishing the books. I couldn't care less about a prequel, and I love the fact that Tax Policies couldn't knock Tolkien's finished masterpiece. You know that will live with him till he takes the last sip of his Starbucks

They killed off Sean Bean because Martin killed him off. Did you want D&D to fill in the gaps of Robert's Rebellion? Or did you want GRRM to write it--taking him even longer to finish the books?

Robert's Rebellion would spoil the Jon twist, unless it was hidden in a completely contrived manner.

I only care about ASOIAF long enough to see a good mod for it made when M&B:Bannerlord comes out
I may give them a reread when/if GRRM ever finishes them but that's a pretty *fat* chance

i'll probably watch the prequels just for the hell of it, but i doubt ill read the books if they ever do come out. the last two were so bad that i don't think i'll be able to get through another one of those slogs

boku no want it

who are you asking exactly?
I know what happens in the books, I'm saying HBO was banking on that end to Season 1 and that was D&D's focus assaid
and then I'm saying HBO would have had no interest in filming Robert's Rebellion because of this

I don't typically watch GoT religiously, I don't remember what season or episode it was, but I sat down to watch with some friends. Anyways, it was the episode where that potato-faced Arya character transforms into an old man, and perfectly imitates his voice, then sends his wife out of the room while all the men drink poisoned wine. Then the old man magically turns into Arya and I was like "what the fuck is this cheesy ass shit?" and look over to my friends and they're like "what are you talking about bro?" I was shocked that a show that used to be known for is grittiness and grounded, human characters was doing this whacky anime-tier bullshit. I watched another episode with them a few weeks later, and that one made sense plot-wise, but it was really easy to pick up on how all the women characters were right all the time, with the same paper-thin snark personality, and all the men where idiots keeping them down. Women can be interesting characters without having to use men being stupid as a stepping stone, but not according to these hack writers.

Oh then the NOTHING PERSONELL KID ending. How the hell did this show go so off the rails, the first couple of seasons were really good stuff.

Attached: THE WITCHA.webm (600x338, 2.23M)

The Faceless Men shit never made any sense.

for me it died in s02e01 it just felt like a different show altogether

Some can argue that it got bad earlier, but I feel you OP. The last 3 ep was like falling off a cliff.
I might never come back to this show due to the ruined end

>They kill the one of the two main contenders
>They start self inserting their own story line cause muh fan service
>They run out of books to directly cut and paste story from
>Instead of reading fan theories that make sense they just roll the dice and do what they want
The onions fanbase is what ruined the shows
They ignored the first red flags that occured during season 4-5

Attached: cia.png (122x185, 38K)

In retrospect, the show turned to shit after Tywin died, though I only caught up to the realization in whichever season it was that Arya was doing her retarded faceless man crap where among other things she got stabbed in the gut, jumped into sewer water, and then just kept on rolling like she was John McClane. There were obvious, again in retrospect undeniable, hints before that, but at that point I could no longer deny it had turned into a completely different show.

Man, The Witcher combat really is some of the worst out there, isn't it?

Maario Naharis

Attached: B4F501FC-6319-4034-B367-D309BF4ED7E2.jpg (477x318, 52K)

He was ruined in season 4 before that when they had him present at Joffrey's death and before that Joffrey shit all over him.

How did either event "ruin" Jaime? His kinslaying season 2 was a far greater offense than him being made fun of by Joffrey.

Everything went downhill with the faceless men shit, but it wasn’t entirely garbage. Walker and is men dying actually gave me life.

The only good thing about Arya's story, post-season 4, was that play in Braavos.

But it was just a bit of fun
Oh you're probably right, as usual

That was pretty good. Everyone things Ned was a retarded hillbilly who failed Robert and everyone who didn’t died in the wars

But she's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all he knows.

The Long Night was so bad that the next episode was being downvoted on IMDB before it even aired.

Attached: 1563378493799.webm (960x550, 2.39M)

i only watched up to halfway through s3 but I thought the same thing. I gave 3 a chance because maybe 2 was just a misstep but no, just didnt care. First season was very entertaining though, they shouldnt have killed off Ned and the King(im aware they had to beause its based off a book but like those two made the show).

that was before his heel to face turn. We were still supposed to hate him then.

>not Theon.......... have sex

Attached: 1533782736541.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

whos got the meme of this,it goes something like

Hey girl want to soak in the hottub with me while I spill my soul

Attached: 9d726fa0f3e6e2340df14d7a127116523e86496a.jpg (2840x3600, 1.71M)

he died because of his ultimate weakness despite his best efforts, feels in line with the shitty world of got
not sure how this ruins the character exactly

this
show was excellent in s1 and was falling apart in s2 already
up until s4 it's bareable
s5 onwards is horse shit

He was always an evil and bad character.

I know it's impossible, but I'd love to see a Small Council meeting with Tywin and Roose working for King Stannis. So fuckin' based.

Attached: 1557579374110.png (500x750, 918K)

In hindsight there's no way season 8 would've been good, way too much shit to wrap up in one season

try 3 seasons

Stopped caring when they killed Robb anyway.

political circumstances aside Tywin would not support Stannis because he would have little power under him
Stannis wouldn't have extravagant expenses, would have Davos as his Hand, was already married, and had conflicting world views

he just killed an ugly male, you entitled incel dipshit

Yeah, you're not wrong. I think Season 7 and 8 were equally terrible but for some reason, normies didn't "wake up" until S8E3. I know some people who even think Season 8 was good.

forgot about this
this is weird in that it's literally one of the most socially unacceptable things he could've done in-universe. He's already killed a king. Now he's killed family, not only that but being a Lannister he's from a tightly-knit family with a lot of loyalty between its House members
don't know what D&D were thinking but it's a good show that they never had respect for the source material

Fucking discount Tolkien and his fat pink mast. Dude got paid though which is more than the rest of us can say.

A Game of Thrones and a Clash of Kings were great books regardless of anything else

At least the trollocs didn't look too fake

Not gonna lie but...

Gwendolines ass was pretty good in this Scene

Attached: 62495372_10157475750643447_8903488408861540352_o.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Life is good. There is no rush to finish the books, because the ending sucks anyway.

Attached: 1566176460429.webm (720x404, 558K)

Cutest psycho

Attached: EErt3PyWkAAj77a.jpg (716x927, 38K)

CUTE !

From the way the characters talk in the books, killing a family member is more accursed by the gods than killing a king. I mean killing a king is pretty bad, definitely deserving of spite, but not in a quasi-religious way like kin slaying. Kin slaying and murdering guests are the two top taboo. Robb felt bad about executing the Karstark and they were split from Starks like 700 years ago.

Yeah, he'll just sneak out of the middle of the Stark army all by himself. fucking retarded.

In the books his escape attempt is the result of a PLOT by his brother, who has a dozen or more Lannister men meeting with the Tullys at Riverrun, so his murder spree to try and get out after being smuggled a sword make some sense since he has supporters right there in the castle.

Y'all are a pack a niggers. The final scenes with Jaime and Cersei are the best of the whole season.

the most important Karstark is still alive.

Attached: 1983648973.jpg (798x1200, 157K)

Why did autists think this was a simplistic redemption plot where bad guy becomes good guy?

Did you expect Jaime would just be instantly forgiven like Darth Vader because he threw another bad guy into a pit at the last second?

Mass Effect 3 numbed me to this shit. GOT, Star Wars, West World, fucking Halo. Thank christ I'm not a Star Trek fan, poor guys.

Nope, she was with Theon in the godswood and everyone there died to the last man.

Apparently a scene was shot showing her getting killed but it was cut

The cutest Queen

Attached: Dragonride2.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>putting all your attribute points into tits instead of putting a few into face
weird character buildout but okay

Doesn't mean the end wasn't 99% hats off retarded.

>everyone there died to the last man
so Bran too?
I'm aware they cut her death scene
Alys lives

Attached: 1555979109898.jpg (634x424, 60K)

The first book is a little different from the others. There's a whole list of things established in the first book that just vanish later since George was still figuring out his setting.

>S8 suc-

Attached: 1556855133943.jpg (780x438, 32K)

I liked the final scene between Jaime and Cersei in season 7. D&D trying to make us feel sorry for Cersei in season 8 was laughable.

Attached: 33qpl076nla31.jpg (1004x1009, 70K)

Lyanna Mormont is absolutely fucking based and if you hate her you need to have sex

>MFW I actually enjoyed Mass Effect 3

I hated 2 since it was a huge change gameplay wise from 1 but 3 tightened up the combat. The emotional shit (including the house party DLC) and music made it a good game IMO. The ending was meh but they drew themselves into a corner with the multiple choice shit.

She's dead on the ground.

>Cersei's actress getting into Instagram shenanigans with Karen Gillan
based

Attached: 1551577970769.jpg (957x903, 83K)

There's literally no reason she should be on the battlefield.

in the books cersei sent him a letter practically begging him to go back to kingslanding and save her, and jaime burns it.
he would NOT pussy out like in the show.

Jorah tried to get her to go into the crypts and she refused. She's the Lady of Bear Island and she wanted to fight.

>kills a handful of mindless zombies with arrows
>you're a good man Theon, I forgive you for killing Ser Rodrick, dozens of Winterfell soldiers, and those two orphans
??????????????????????

Attached: TheonGreyjoy.jpg (333x500, 24K)

Would Stannis have much need of advisers like Roose and Tywin? Stannis mature, disciplined, intelligent, and fairly prudent when it comes to his politics. He has a reputation as being a idealistic hardass but his storyline contradicts that. It's all about him adapting to the harsh political realities of his situation and forging compromises with his core beliefs for the sake of getting things done.

What will Tywin or Roose offer? They're needed for young, inexperienced, brave, bold, naive young men like Robb, Joffrey, Jon, ect...

>in a re-read of the books it is evident that Roose and Stevron Frey consistently gave Robb the best advice in Book 1

Attached: roose-bolton.jpg (660x495, 33K)

This. Then never got punished for it, the dead never got justice and he never redeemed himself

is that tim roth

>never got punished for it

lmao what the fuck? Theon suffered more than any singular character in the entire show

varg vikernes

Then he died protecting a faggot.

Maybe Bran is mature enough at that point to understand that he lives in a feudal society in which family, in the form of dynasties, is of paramount importance and Theon's family went to war with Bran's family. Theon had the option of being either a traitor to his adopted family or a traitor to his blood family. What is he gonna do? He's a turncloak either way.

Attached: theon-greyjoy.png (800x450, 460K)

good post

Attached: 1567196535346.gif (500x240, 1.93M)

Ramsay is just sadist, he doesn't need excuse or justified reason to hurt just like he doesn't need one to hunt women and rape them. Theon never got punished for what he did.

Thinking theon having a shitty life after is a poor excuse for thinking he shouldn't get punished for his crimes

Sounds like you're a sadist too

I was done with it whenever it was the episode where daenerys burns down the big hut with all the dothraki chieftans, and then the entire dothraki army just decides to follow her. She literally killed their chiefs, and they got over it in 3 seconds, wtf???

Attached: 1511899930263.png (1080x1108, 529K)

Who the fuck wants to hate GoT because of peer pressure? Seriously it was one of the most beloved shows and even with some of its fault, it still have a massive fucking normie audience. You can’t say people were mad about it’s subversive nature because they show had good set ups to make its subversions feel earned. The last season is a fucking mess. Parts of it feel like a fucking CW presentation. All the plot armor and all the character assassinations completely ruined the show.

Wether or not this is a bait post you just know the people who like S8 of GoT unironically think The Last Jedi is a masterpiece.

People like this need the rope.

Attached: D692880D-CB9B-44F1-9264-EEEE2D1FEA61.jpg (904x864, 84K)

>martin time to finish his book
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: lol2.jpg (720x535, 48K)

>Wether or not this is a bait post you just know the people who like S8 of GoT unironically think The Last Jedi is a masterpiece.

That Rian Johnson continues to live in your head rent free just outs you as an emotionally stunted autist who gets wounded when his genre fiction doesn't align with his headcanon.

"you keep what you kill" is a dothraki proverb

>Tormund surviving not only until the end, but being the 2nd to last character on screen in the series
Should've died at Hardhome or rescuing Jon's body or Battle of the Bastards or northern expedition or when the Wall fell or at Last Hearth or Battle of Winterfell

Attached: 1548559990441.jpg (1045x955, 366K)

That's how all the khals get to where they are by being the strongest and killing the competition

Nope..a realist. Lol sure this guy is a mass murderer and raped some kids but he became homeless drug addict after. Lol sure this guy assassinated the president but he had a terrible time with the cartels in Mexico after he fled there

The whole thing was a mess not just the last season. Just take it for what it is, a fun tits and gore soap. Nothing wrong with that. Could have used more tits and gore though lol

Attached: 42b2af171099ff8ae7f755f13385284b.jpg (2417x3000, 1.13M)

Yep. D&D turning Tormund, who massacred villagers, into comic relief was bizarre.

FUcking thanks. Season 6 made me want to pull my hair out. That being said it does have some of the best moments in the whole show.

>Davos
>Jons revival
>Most of Battle of the Basterds, particularly the lead up
>"FOR HOUSE, LANSTER!"
>youtu.be/w9PXLTLuuSE
>R+L=J reveal

>knows his sister and former lover might get killed
>goes back to save her or just see her one last time
>somehow this means he's bad again and his entire arc is ruined

People are so fucking retarded.

>muh fan theories

Naw nigger kill yourself. I didn’t have any head cannon issue with GoT I just excepted fucking consistency.

Don’t have sex

He went from staying in Winterfell with Brienne to go back to Cersei, who has a hit out on him. He also knew his sister was 99.9% likely to die anyway.

>dick. I like it.

Why didn’t Jaime just have not Cleos Frey pretend to be dead instead of actually killing him? Not only was it unnecessary, they could have worked together

>Martin
>finish

Attached: 1502488370662.jpg (894x894, 293K)

because it's not in the books and D&D are legitimately retarded
like having Robb marry some random foreign girl just because he wants to

you think D&D had any plans for her to be a spy on some level? she was always shown doing shady shit in Robb's camp

Based Inscel putting it all into perspective

Some of the changes are just baffling. They changed several instances of consensual sex to legit rape in the show. ANd then added more rape when they ran out of source material

Like why build up and lead Sansa and Thoen into being players who are no longer going to be victims only to completely shit on them the next season?

Sansa willingly became a Bolton for reasons I still cannot understand.

Shut the fuck up bilbo

Tyrion
>"I wish I could personally kill each and every one of you and burn this city to the ground"
>"dude war is bad lmao"
Jaime
>"Honor? Are you fucking kidding me, you dumb cunt? Are you seriously telling me I should have just let an entire city die out of some fucked up loyalty to a king on the pure basis of his kingship? Fuck you"
>"dude I never really cared about the common people lmao"
Daenerys
>"I am the mother of dragons and breaker of chains. I will fuck you up if you own slaves or commit rape."
>"dude Jon didn't fuck me lmao time to burn all the innocent civilians"
Varys
>"I'm the master of whispers. I'll survive to the end because, at the end of the day, I'm loyal to the kingdom as a whole. Chaos is a pit."
>"HEY EVERYONE DID YOU KNOW JON IS THE TRUE HEIR TO THE THRONE? WACKY PLOT TWIST RIGHT? THIS IS TOTALLY WORTH GIVING UP MY LIFE FOR" (Jon doesn't become king btw)
Littlefinger
>"Chaos is a ladder. I literally don't give a shit about these chucklefucks because the system is designed to fuck me, so I'm going to abuse the trust people have in me because I'll never have the throne to fuck everyone over as hard as humanly possible. I'm also bitter that my waifu rejected me."
>"I'm going to sacrifice everything I've accomplished so that I can ruin my waifu's daughter's wife. Also I want to fuck my waifu's daughter."

>Daenerys
>>"I am the mother of dragons and breaker of chains. I will fuck you up if you own slaves or commit rape."
>>"dude Jon didn't fuck me lmao time to burn all the innocent civilians"
The worst part for me was the sudden "I'M GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD" subplot that was given 5 seconds of screentime before she died

BOW YA SHITS

Attached: BOW YA SHITS.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

I just finished a Clash of Kings for the first time today. Overall I'd say it was a good pulp fantasy, but I'm far from convinced that Martin is the great master wordsmith that his fans have hyped him up as, especially considering that I couldn't even bring myself to finish the first book before I'd seen the series. Half of the book is either pornographic descriptions of feasts, or abstract dream sequences laden with symbolism that might as well have a blaring neon sign in front of it reading "THIS IS FORESHADOWING". I didn't like how the story shifts from different characters chapter to chapter and in some parts the book really suffers for it. I felt like I was getting whiplash by the end because as soon as I was fully involved in the actions of one character I'd turn the page and be thousands of miles away with some other character. Probably the worst example of this are the Danaerys chapters, which are almost completely unrelated to anything else happening in the story and too short on their own.

Martin is also much too fond of run-on sentences that go "x and y and z". His repetitive use of the word "mummer" is also grating. Overall I'd rate it a 7/10, but I don't quite feel like reading the other books, at least not until I hear how Winds of Winter is.

Attached: 1564186150408.jpg (1024x1024, 177K)

>His repetitive use of the word "mummer" is also grating
what about "niggard" and "niggardly"

HE'S GONNA SAY IT

Attached: 1440042-grrm_lg.jpg (1600x1379, 264K)

NAATHED

Varys didn't make sense. His plot with Illyrio is gibberish.

Attached: anigif_sub-buzz-14430-1559061155-7.gif (700x390, 901K)

I liked it when her axe became a spear

>CORN

what really took me out of it was when she started speaking german

Attached: You absolutely can understand what Dany's fucking saying.webm (1280x1080, 2.82M)

It was so subtle I almost missed it.

Attached: 1561914537827.webm (640x298, 2.66M)

Her tyranny would've been so comfy

>Jons revival
>best moment
That's when I knew the show was dead. Didn't have the balls to kill off a main character

It was really confusing when she kept referring to the Reach as "Sudetenland". But then again if they left that Starbucks cup in they'll let anything slide.

I cannot understand the people who say that the show was a masterpiece until the last 3 episodes when shit like the terrible faceless men/braavos subplot, the dorne subplot, the butchering of stannis's character and the like were all from prior seasons. It was objectively bad from at least like season 5. Season 5-7 definitely was not masterpiece material at all.

Still, there is a difference between bad and a trainwreck. Seasons 5-7 may have been bad but season 8 is a trainwreck. If seasons 5-7 was like a 5 or 6 out of 10, then season 8 was like a 1 or 2 out of 10.

Attached: dW4HkbC.jpg (1080x1080, 305K)

Jon staying dead would have broken the story. Of course, what D&D afterwards with him was terrible, but he had way too much going on to just die.

>"dude I never really cared about the common people lmao"

Jamie being a suave ass hole pretending he doesn't care about anyone or anything is 100% in his character.

>Ramsay literally removes Theon's wood in season 3
>Euron metaphorically removes the Pyke's wood in season 6
What did they mean by this

Furthermore, when Yara "takes back the Iron Islands in Dany's name" in S8, how the fuck did she do this? The Iron Islands picked Euron and Yara had a fleet of 1 ship and like 20 men

I thought the sudden inclusion of multiple PzKpfw III Ausf.A seemed a bit anachronistic.

Imagine if we got an entire season of yandere Dany?

Attached: 1555829207088.jpg (750x1000, 216K)

If D&D get bored with Star Wars before they finish their trilogy and phone the last movie in the way they did S8 I will laugh my fucking ass off.

Are there any good recent/modern fantasy books you'd recommend as an alternative? I want to get into fantasy but Tolkein books are far too impenetrable for me.

>Why yes, little Dany is named after Queen Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, Lady of Dragonstone, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons

>Regret? Little Dany was born in July

Attached: 30EB65B7-8148-4BF3-92E0-CB2593B6B794.jpg (250x250, 4K)

>Half of the book is either pornographic descriptions of feasts,
The man's obsessed with food. Have you seen him?

The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
Bobby Dollar trilogy by Tad Williams
Memory Sorrow and Thorn by Tad Williams (sequel series is modern but you have to read this first)
literally anything by Guy Gavriel Kay

when they do the rebot/remake of got in 10-20 years I really hope they do the purple eyes.

I mean that was the targ stand out feature no one but them had purple eyes.

Attached: Hayden_Panettiere_@_Special_screening_of_LEMONY_SNICKET_edited_0018-[Ravens_Young_Stars] Hayden_Pane (1733x2600, 571K)

Thanks a lot. Will look into them.

Friendly reminder that the books noticeably drop in quality halfway through book 3 as he wraps up every minor plotline from the first two books in 500 pages. Book 4 is just cersei going crazy and fucking her maid and book 5 is Dany being a cunt in the desert. The reason the first 3 seasons are the only good seasons is because the first 3 books are the only good books.

Joe Abercrombie is pretty good first book is The blade itself.

Based

The audiobooks are great. As to your question I really liked the Witcher books, though I'm a pleb when it comes to Yea Forums.

The rare correct take. OP knows what’s up. The Long Night wasn’t great, but it was decent and fun. Then D&D run out of gas and give up on weaving a narrative around Martin’s ending.
Those motherfuckers can eat shit. I hate to talk or think about GoT now. You can bet your ass that Warner’s observed a collapse in the streaming #s

I think the first moment when I realized this show was going bad was in S4. When shirtless Ramsey, squirted with ketchup, slowly unlocks a cage with his dogs in it while Theon's sister and her armed soldiers just stand and watch only to run away.

If you still cared enough to be mad by S8, you're a dope.

>The Long Night
>decent
>fun
It had good music and that's it.

Yea Forums only appreciates obscure, cerebral authors like Cormack McCarthy and Kurt Vonnegut that most people haven’t read

>Cormack McCarthy
You mean to tell me Yea Forums worships an anti american sociopath? No...

this scene has some of the worst acting in the first half of the series, no idea how anyone likes it

The Long Night is a well-constructed episode unless you're an autistic armchair general or some headcanon theorist who thought Jon was going to have a lightsaber duel with the nightking

>Melisandre shows up out of nowhere, from same direction the zombie hoard is
>Lights all the dothraki swords on fire
>They all do a suicide charge and die
Right then I knew the episode was gonna be shit

Attached: 1kJKUyc.png (338x294, 137K)

One doesn't have to be a military strategist to see that the episode was nonsense, and teleporting Arya is infinitely worse than a 1v1 between Jon and The Night King.

this. GoT hatefags are seething because they didn't get their dumb wish fulfilment ending.

Ramsay fucking spells it out in season 3 for fuck's sake: "if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"

>autistic armchair general
Zero autism required to see that their plan was dumb as fuck and only existed for the sake of visuals. It's the writings job to try and hide things like that.

Basado

based
>wait a minute
IT'S A SUPER BASED! A SUPER BASED! BAH GAWD HE BROKE HIM IN HALF!

>Melisandre shows up out of nowhere, from same direction the zombie hoard is
she's a fucking wizard

>They all do a suicide charge and die
and it's a visually interesting scene to show the overwhelming strength of the Dothraki army and establish tension as the lights are snuffed out

>b-b-but NO MUH CAVALRY CHARGE WASN'T LE EPICALLY BADASS ENOUGH I NEEDED SLOMO MONTAGES OF DOTHRAKI JUMPING OFF HORSES AND DECAPPING WHITE WALKERS
have sex

>all the Dothraki die
>"The last ride of the dothraki"
>50% of the dothraki are alive the next episode
??????????????????????

>Litrally waves of undead soldiers poring over the walls of Winterfell
>Let's stop the ep for 15min to have a silent horror movie scene to show how cool Arya is!

It's not a terrible scene in of its self but it's couldn't be any more out of place in the ep. It's one of dozens of examples of forcing the writing just to have cool things.

That dumb scene at the table where they say they lost "half" was retarded but when you see the numbers of Dothraki actually shown I think it was effectively communicated that their numbers had been significantly depleted

during the attack on King's Landing they're never shown more than a few dozen at a time and during Dany's final speech there's maybe a thousand, total.

Wonder if it feels good to have a hot ass bath with a stump wound as a hand

>she's a fucking wizard
Who doesn't have teleportation powers.
> it's a visually interesting scene to show the overwhelming strength of the Dothraki army and establish tension as the lights are snuffed out
Yes, let's sacrifice all logic because something looks cool.

Neck yourself.

winterfell is a big castle and the majority of the undead army was still scaling the walls and killing people in the courtyards. Why is it so outlandish that there wouldn't be a ton of them in the library? And if you recall, they DO end up pouring into the halls a few minutes later.

scene was kino, you just have autism

>there's maybe a thousand, total.
Keep in mind there was supposed to be near 100,000 soldiers at winterfell and we never saw more than 1000

catapults were in front of the army

>let's sacrifice all logic
that's not logic, that's you throwing a tantrum because you're mad the Dothraki died and trying to dress up your own superficial complaints as "objective" criticism, it's the MauLer technique.

>There are fictional elements in the story, therefore shit like physics, logic, and gravity can just fuck off out the window
This is such a fucking normie response

>Getting this angry I called a piece of shit, shit
Have sex

Attached: tumblr_inline_ow30vqDf6R1ra3lr6_540.gif (320x283, 1.12M)

ARATHIM ON AN OPEN FIELD

I won't pretend that I'm not in the 1% who actually cares about shit like that but don't pretend that the scene is KINO or makes any sense.

Yet it completely destroys incels and they can never come up with a proper rebuttal

>that's not logic
It is logic, you fucking moron. There was no reason for the Dothraki to charge into nothingness like that.
>you're mad the Dothraki died and trying to dress up your own superficial complaints as "objective" criticism
I'm mad that they died in such a stupid way. Melisandre appears out of thin air, lights the Dothraki's swords (which have no dragonglass on them), and then the Dothraki pointlessly charge 100,000 zombies they cannot see. It's not nitpicking to call out bullshit, faggot.

That's not a proper defense in the first place, brainlet. If nothing makes sense, I might as well go back and watch Avengers Endgame. At least I could see the action in that.

I get legitimately rustled when people use this argument.

Don't even bother. Only the most depraved sociopaths use nihilism as an argument

Please tell me with your west point education what they should have done with the cavalry and how that should have been incorporated into the actual production.

Remember, we have to consider the practical filmmaking aspects of working with horses on a snowy field late at night in Northern Ireland.

>begs to go out on the battlefield with the big boys
>gets completely smashed by undead giant
>think "oh shit, they might actually make me feel like I'm watching actual GoT again where someone bites off way more they can chew and suffers realistic consequences for it"
>as soon as he picks her up and starts slowly lifting her realize what's about to happen
>instantly revert back to not giving a shit about the show and watching it for memes
Only moment in the last season I felt something other than complete apathy, so I'll at least give that to them even though like everything else it was an empty gesture.

Just like battle of the bastards

That's fucking retarded and she's supposed to be a smart character.

So...they are used for one charge and then they all immediately die?

Because that's exactly how they were used in both the long night and battle of the bastards

>she's supposed to be a smart character
She has one line in the books and it's from a letter

>Please tell me with your west point education
One doesn't have to be an expert battle tactician to realize how nonsensical the opening was, so stop pretending that the people who didn't like it are acting smarter than they are. The battle being difficult to film doesn't give the showrunners any excuse to shove bullshit down our throats. They had the 90 million budget, not me.

Do you not not the slightest thing about cavalry?

user... are your cousins also your siblings?

Attached: 1551527146926.png (304x314, 87K)

*blocks your tree wizard*

Attached: ironstannis.jpg (607x320, 195K)

Test

Where talking about the show though. She's meant to be a smart, wise beyond her year's character. But she wasn't smart enough to realize that she's a fucking small child and the heir to house Mormont who has no place on a battlefield.

Remember the whole speech about how even the civilians were going to be armed and fight, the women too? Where was that battle I wonder?

This was added to the show for no reason. In the books Cleos gets thrown from his horse and gets his head smashed on the ground running from raiders.

There are women among the soldiers on the battlefield but you were too busy crying about your virginity to notice

>I.........AM............GAAAAAHHHHHHHH

That's cute.

Attached: 1565642689563.jpg (1614x800, 969K)

Legitimately couldn't see shit in the dark

I knew the show was disney shit since S5 but it really seems like they went out of their way to piss people off with this. I'd really love to know what the hell these guys were thinking cause I can't see any angle where it makes sense what they did.

Even the newest of Total War players know not to cavalry rush into a bunch of unseen bullshit. What the fuck were they thinking? Also, why was the siege equipment outside of the walls? Robb had the entirety of Stark's military understanding hogged for himself, didn't he?

>Why was there any fighting at all outside of the walls
Because they fucked up and made winterfell as small as a European castle. And had like two sets of it

Nothing is the way I want it to be. Why does life choose to suck?

It's called The Long Night, user. You're not supposed to see anything.

Not gonna lie that last meeting with Tyrion was more sympathizing than the Mad queen getting killed.

i cant fathom how the writers actually gave the okay on the ending to the long night, seriously, the whole entire show from season 1 was building up to it but yet they decide that arya killing the literal strongest character in the GOT universe was the best route. theorectically everyone should of died to the night king and his army. seriously no one should of been able to defeat the night king, not even every living person combined, let alone a single girl. D&D/HBO CANT AWAY WITH THIS. WE NEED TO MAKE THEM APOLOGIZE AND NOT MAKE GOT CANON, SERIOUSLY THEY DONT EVEN HAVE TO REMAKE IT, JUST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS A SHITTY FAN FICTION

Attached: D5XL5Y2X4AAhNqS.jpeg.jpg (557x625, 48K)

That Jon twist literally lead to nothing

you're not even gonna mention how the sand magically catches fire?
last i checked in a bind you can literally use sand to suffocate fire, what the fuck was on it that allowed fire to catch and spread so easily? did she have the slaves pour oil all over it? did the dothraki not notice the oil covering the entire tent's floor?

oh and all the dothraki warlords that are literal barbaric savages all scream and cry like children and not a single one attempts to murder the crazy bitch that is actively trying to murder them. not a SINGLE one of you dozen or so give a shit about going out with a fight? or getting your final revenge on the defenseless whore in front of you?

Last episode = redeemed

Attached: chuck mate.jpg (600x1013, 162K)

When did bad pussy happen? That was the final straw for me.

damn this tard is mad lmao

Attached: jack.gif (500x248, 868K)

fucking stanis wut a cunt

>Kills brother with black magic because he's too pussy to fight him
>marches his army to freeze to death with no supplies.
>burns greyscale lolie at the stake in failed back magic ritual
>gets his head chopped off by briann of fucking tarth

what was the point of him again?

End of season 5.

He brings back the tumbling tricks in A Dance with Dragons you dope, and Tyrion's kill count is in the dozens by the end of the second book.

you're a retard
a lot of people felt that it was declining but there was redeeming qualities
battle of the bastards wasn't bad at all
it was only until the last season that people felt confident enough that the show was iredeemable that they voiced their opinion about it
hipster faggots are literally the worst

Kys Showfag

Given that endless absurd shit happens in the books I'd have to guess "Martin said this is how it ends for them" fuck sake they were fucking since they were kids and Jamie basically goes "Whoa fuck this chick she's awful" in the course of a single conversation in the book.

Season 5 was where the rot set in, narratively just lost any depth
Season 7 was the worst, just plain retarded
Season 8 was actually an improvement on 7. Some of Danny's best acting, I can imagine how the fat man had intended for it to end. Best of all, it stopped

Attached: 1568267659752.jpg (2953x2247, 581K)

>Season 8 was actually an improvement on 7.
Season 8 was worse in every way.
>Some of Danny's best acting
Completely unbelievable anyway because the scripts was nonsense. Everybody else also gets shit on by the writing.

you are so retarded

Literally the very first chapter includes the phrase "He put the dagger between his teeth. The cold steel comforted him". That says about all you need to know about Martin. Incidentally Book 3 has the one chapter in any of his books that I will say was legitimately great shit.
The Samwell chapter after they're attached by Others

You're probably right, but I had just stopped caring by that point. I still had hope at the start of season 7

Dont use them at all, have everyone fight on foot because cav is useless against this kind of enemy, dig more trenches instead and use fat from slaughtered horses to make flammable traps etc.

Based NEET

>Season 5 was where the rot set in, narratively just lost any depth
The way they all talked went to shit as well muh peepee poopoo badly eunuch jokes
>Season 7 was the worst, just plain retarded
Agreed
>Season 8 was actually an improvement on 7. Some of Danny's best acting, I can imagine how the fat man had intended for it to end. Best of all, it stopped
Yep I agree with this

He's convincing himself he's a bad person to have the motivation to go back to Cersei, brainlet

Based.
Double based.
Triple based.

What is that image?

>last three episodes
You're fucking delusional. Jaime was ruined in the first episode of S4. S2 fucked him up pretty good too, but S3 kind of made up for that.

It's funny how season 4 is lauded as the best season by some and the first indicator that the show was going to shit by others.

for bookfags. how detailed are the battles in the book? are they anywhere near like kino roman battles?

make your own ending

Attached: jsnap.webm (960x400, 2.86M)

It's completely out of character. In the books Cersei begs him for help and he just ignores her. Show Jaime has been garbage ever since season 5.

Not very detailed at all. Martin is a sci-fi writer at heart, he doesn't have much of a background in things like geography or military history.

Most battles aren’t even POV chapters, just mentioned after the fact.

And good because that shit is boring and, as seen with the show, only brings in a dangerous lean towards the poominded receipients of the art.

Oh she's sweet but a psycho a little bit psycho. Some should make a Dany video with that song.

fpbp

true but you cannot even begin to make a decent case that season 8 was not the worse season of the show

you were right to drop the show but the dothraki have been established to be genuinely retarded, retard

reminder this is canon
youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ

Am i the only one who actually liked the show beginning to end? Its just tv guys chill

I think the NPC normies hated the show because they got mad that Daenerys turned evil, if they actually cared about writing quality they would've been hating on the show since season 4.

I am Chinaman.

Kek
My sides

show was shit with the beginning of S5 you normie retard. there is absolutely no difference in writing between S6 and S8, but you normtards for some reason started to dislike it just now
the show got bad because of people like you

>there is absolutely no difference in writing between S6 and S8
Go fuck your mother, you over exaggerating moron.

He actually skips most of the battles in the books. And it has gotten worse as time goes on. There's not one battle that plays out from beginning to end

Show was shit starting with season 2’s premiere lol

The show was shit when they didn't start any of the book three or four character arcs

Attached: GAMEOFTHRONES-creators.png (676x1296, 700K)

Attached: thumbnailImage.png (686x519, 345K)

>perfect good guy
>kills his father and strangles a whore
regardless of what justifications you might bring up patricide and murdering a whore for being a whore are not things a perfect good guy would do

Friendly reminder that both of them are absolute nobodies. David was living off his parents until he was 30 reading coming of age books in a cabin and then immediately landed the screenplay for Troy

Oh, his daddy was on the board of directors for Goldman Sachs, former chairman of the Foreign Intelligence Advisory board, Director of national economic council, chairman of the New York Federal Reserve. He used his position to bail out Goldman Sachs which he was also working for during the 2008 recession.

8/10 bait the lack of responses are pretty telling of the general literacy of /got/

What was the point of this character?

Attached: 1549953321686.png (472x752, 498K)

He's literally a hand rubbing kike banker's son

auugghhhposting

It was ruined for 5 seasons you utter pleb.

I miss her so f*cking much

Attached: 1568701708773.jpg (656x493, 51K)

Jewish privilege.

to kill every stark he can get his hands on, until they are as dead as their wolfs

Attached: stannis_snap_720.webm (1280x532, 2.36M)

GURM has an obsession with duty and honor, probably because he dodged the Vietnam draft. Robert, Ned, Cat, Jon, Davos, Varys, Jaime, Barristan etc all have conflicts with duty and honor through the books. Stannis is supposed to be the Lawful Neutral side of things, I think. While Jon Snow is like the Jesus Christ selfless side of things.

>wasn’t bad at all
How is life for a fucking 80IQ troglodyte like you? It had more holes than a sponge. Cretinous fanboy

Stannis is Lawful Neutral, but is corrupted and becomes near Lawful Evil. (He's probably trying to hint as something here)