Holy shit, Seinfeld trade for The Office and Friends, what are Netflix doing?

Holy shit, Seinfeld trade for The Office and Friends, what are Netflix doing?

Zoomers will HATE this show NOT ONLY because of lack of diversity, but mainly because the jokes are predictable as fuck, awful laugh track - it's just not funny in 2020.

Attached: sneedfeld.png (187x202, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Na0JFgce9SM
youtu.be/r5BxjUmzPPA
vocaroo.com/i/s16Ljz2GItE5
youtube.com/watch?v=uudaEW-HaQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You heard OP, Netflix. Seinfeld doesn't sell.

reboot when

Attached: 12566756568653.jpg (565x346, 26K)

ok, zoomer

Biggest issue for Netflix is that women won’t watch it. It’s about cynical assholes and doesn’t have any feel good romances like Friends and the office has

how is the office like friends or seinfeld?
the office is more like how I met your mother and other “epic” shows like that

nice argument
youtube.com/watch?v=Na0JFgce9SM
SEINFELD, FOUR *LAUGH TRACK*
How is the show's humour not ABSOLUTELY predictable. It fucking hurts sometimes

What you're doing isn't clever or funny. Don't make any more threads, faggot.

women aren't paying for their own netflix accounts anyway.

I'm not trying to be clever or funny. I'm just stating Netfix will never make these streaming numbers with Seinfeld. After The Office and Friends are gone it's over

Attached: netflix-shows.jpg (762x611, 105K)

>Zoomers will HATE this show
zoomers only like capeshit

You're crazy if you don't think Seinfeld will btfo those two.

ok, zoomer

Friends, sure. Not the Office. You think the Stacies that watch the Office for Pam and Jim are gonna be into George Costanza? Nope

Not even Friends. Friends is a female show, women love to self-insert as Rachel or whatever. Seinfeld is too masculine. Dumb thots won't watch it all day like they do Friends.

Hulu's Killer what?

29 year old here. Currently watching Seinfeld for the first time on Amazon Prime, I'm up to season 3. It's fun but it's more dated than Friends or The Office. And the style of comedy is more mundane - it's not even as whacky or zany or whatever as Friends, let alone The Office. It's not a bad show but I don't think kids will engage with it the same way. The world is very different now to the late 80s/early 90s.

Also, some episodes are just genuinely irritating. When Jerry and Elaine stay with Jerry's parents in Florida and he takes that guy's astronaut pen... It gave me a fucking headache, all the whining and nagging. I know that was the point but I really didn't enjoy that episode at all.

They just wanted to be in the news for it. It worked, but who gives a fuck?

comfy gary steinfield isnt for you guess

Honestly, I like the last few seasons best. The episodes get more silly, but funnier. I can't watch the first two seasons.

youtu.be/r5BxjUmzPPA
zoomers are going to RAGE at netflix for this!!!

I’m a brit who’s watched all of these US shows and man I loved Seinfeld the most by far. It’s just so entertaining and consistent with the jabs at each other and I still haven’t experienced anything else that comes close. There are aspects which are incredibly relatable.

>gave me a fucking headache, all the whining and nagging
Cool it with the anti-Semitism bro

Hulu has a good tagging system that categorizes Seinfeld episodes by theme and content. (According to the article)

>This show came out in the 70s, right?
kys ching

The office has no laughtrack. The characters only become charicatures in the last two seasons. The actors are actually good in the Office (Steve Carell's range is amazing). The jokes are not predictable, some of the wouldn't be aired today due to muh inclusiveness.
Fuck you.

That's encouraging.

I wasn't gonna drop it, I'm enjoying it. It is comfy as you say. My comment was more that from what I've seen so far, I don't see it having a huge amount of crossover appeal with an audience who thinks The Office is the pinnacle of situation comedy. It's really different.

God, I hate that asian zoomers' voice. It's a stereotypical homo vocal fry used in comedy shows, but for him it's unironic.

Friends will always remain superior to Seinfeld. Fight me.

Attached: download.jpg (235x214, 9K)

Sitcoms are all garbage and suffer heavily from the Seinfeld effect, thus making all of them mediocre.

Just dub over the old episodes to update the storylines and references

Jerry: Whadda ya mean you broke up with her on facebook?
George: I changed my status!
Jerry: You didn't even text her?
George: No Jerry! I changed it from in relationship to single, she'll get the notification! Boom, it's done!
Elaine: Ugh, sorry I'm late, I couldn't find an uber. What's going on?
Jerry: George broke up with the girl he met on tinder by changing his facebook status! He didn't even text her!
Elaine: My last tinder date didn't go so well. He didn't even have netflix, he wanted us to watch a YIFY movie on VLC!
Kramer: Ohhh A:10 V:10! My boy YIFY always delivers!

Attached: 1482586229504.jpg (1019x573, 186K)

was cringe until the YIFY punchline. well memed goodsir :)

I have a completely original idea for the plot of an episode.
Hear me out.
What if....
Jery get ipad

It boggles my mind that normies go out of there way to subscribe to a streaming service just to watch old fucking shows. Why not just fucking buy them digitally, or just fucking pirate them? It's not like finding all episodes of seinfeld or the office is hard to do, I've had copies of them on my HDD in HD for almost a decade now.

do people seriously just watch random episodes of these shows? Why not just watch them all in order as they're meant to be watched? I know it's not 100% necessary, but these sitcoms do have seasonal arcs and storylines that flow from one episode to the next, though it's obviously not as important is it is in dramas.

holy based

>I've had copies of them on my HDD in HD for almost a decade now.

Attached: 1324386369622.jpg (422x594, 94K)

Eh, zoomers love ironic seinfeld memes

I want to see how these fuckers react to Archie Bunker

I think most people have already seen Friends, Seinfeld and The Office. They're comfort food television, so people just randomly pick their favorite episodes to watch. For instance, I'll probably never watch the Seinfeld Puerto Rican Day Parade episode again, but I'll watch the one where George wants to convert to Latvian Orthodox a hundred more times.

Seinfeld is pure comedy. It's a show written by comedians as opposed to a show like Friends written by comedy writers.

IDC I got the box set for that stupid december pagaen gift exchange thing people do so I can watch it whenever.

I remember liking the Puerto Rican Day Parade episode when I saw it on television, haven't seen it since though.

Zoomers love George, I have a t shirt with the scene of him playing baseball on it and I've gotten a number of compliments from male zoomers. Women dont like Seinfeld though which is why it doesn't seem as popular as Friends.

It just feels rushed to me, which makes sense since it was the penultimate episode. They wanted to get to the finale and just had a quota to fill.

I dropped The Office after Michael left and just jump in to the finale.

why do people say stuff couldn't air today when it's bigger than even in syndication?

Superior junk food TV coming through.

Attached: 2C43E9DA-73E7-4B71-BAD2-DF31E375AB97.jpg (667x375, 52K)

Season 4 the show hits its mark. Push on.

this but absolutely unironically

>The characters only become charicatures in the last two seasons.
I’d push it back to probably the last 4 seasons. The Office suffered from a bad case of the writers running out of story ideas and turning to the actors’ various talents. There sure was a lot of nonsensical musical instrument playing going on in the office after around season 4 or so.

This. Season 5 was the last season to really have value to it before it turns into shit.

Seinfeld was the GoT of the 90's. EVERYBODY watched it and talked about it at work. Women must have been 50% of the audience. They all wanted to be sassy like Elaine.

ok, zoomer

Friends is somehow funnier than Seinfeld, much less the Office

this show sucks

You know what, YOU SUCK

He smigbob'd me!

Jerry get uber

Also
>Imolying Friends is diverse as opposed to Seinfeld

Attached: seinfeld_zoomer.jpg (876x980, 109K)

Pretty sure seinfeld is like 99% jewish and Friends and Office are significantly less so which is why it seems like a good idea for Jews to trade.

>netflix could potentially lose up to 25% of their viewing audience
>this data is taken only from web browsers, not from actual streaming apps
I think it might be over lmao

Attached: 1529482917824.jpg (500x333, 30K)

the /fit/ store called, they're running out of (You)

how is Seinfeld "more dated" than Friends outside of actually being older?

Brilliant

its a write off for netflix

>why do people say stuff couldn't air today when it's bigger than even in syndication?

Because the fact that people like something is irrelevant. There's a new code every month. If your art doesn't match it, bye bye.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE WATCH THIS FUCKING SHIT?

obligatory
vocaroo.com/i/s16Ljz2GItE5

Attached: seinfeld gape.png (1230x1378, 250K)

Yeah friends isn’t that bad for diversity. I watched some recently and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of niggers and other subhumans. Not too many kikes either

Older sitcoms had a more basic format. You had the basic premise and cast of characters and each week they would have a self contained storyline riffing on those basic elements. Characters didn't grow or change and there weren't really any plot points that changed things up. This was because it was easier to get a show into syndication if they could air any episode from any season whenever and the audience wouldn't be confused by changes in setting or character relationships or whatever. If every episode was basically the same, you could drop in at any point and it would be fine. Seinfeld was really one of the last shows of that era, and Friends was one of the first to start changing situation comedies to be more like soap or drama, wherein characters change, relationships change, and plotlines have relevance over time. And it was huge because of that.

>literally anyone outside of the US
>caring about jewfeld
kek. literally and i mean literally NO ONE watches that shit outside of burgerland.

Thanks Goldstein i cant wait to friends now

how do you survive life with such bad taste and such thin skin

>whining gives me a headache even though I'm whining right now

It does but it's also oddly entertaining. The characters are utterly hateable, especially Turtle and Drama, but it's a show for and about men, in the last era where such a thing was allowed.

And yes, it is sad that this is what men are given and that hollywood thinks this is what men want.

>t. Zoomer

If they wanted that type of comedy, they should have picked up Curb your Enthusiasm instead. The superior Larry David show.

>get rid of two shitty unfunny shows for a good one
I don't see an issue with this.

Attached: 1469382173495.png (451x463, 345K)

because they already have zoomers, and want to attract a different demographic as well

Turtle and Drama are the only good characters on the show

Who the fuck watches big mouth?

Attached: 1552529295267s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Based

some of them are like 30yo

What are the odds of Netflix editing the episodes to remove everything "problematic"?

>they dont have instagram and iphones!
>i cant watch it!! they arent using those products!

zoomers are dead inside

Zoomers don't want "diversity". They're apathetic towards it at best. Just because Hollywood pushes it doesn't mean it's what the people want.

Based

Seinfield and "le Golden Age" Simpsons

Shit 30-40 something year old geeks love to drop sICK references to on Twitter but no one outside of that demographic will ever give a fuck about or find funny or revisit

Seinfeld doesn't get good till season 4. Amazing they let it go long enough to find itself. Sadly I think Zoomers will not understand it's high IQ humor.

Just watch your cape shit low speed zoomer.

seek help

>only+30yo people talk about simpsons jokes
prove it

Lack of diversity? What are you talking about? The entire cast are Jews. Thats diverse as fuck!

>Seinfeld doesn't get good till season 4
top pleb

Find me a prominent person in their 20s referencing a Simpsons line.

I'll wait

It's always some blue check faggot receeding hairline 30-40 something lefty sports journalist/pop-culture-writer, etc. too

>complaining about the garbage season s no one watches
Ishygddt

Kramer and Elaine aren't Jews irl or on the show. Costanza is only half-Jew on the show.

Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time you zoomer faggot.

>me:prove it
>you: y-y-you find me...

guess won this round

plenty like seinfeld, elaine is one of the original cool funny girls

My God, zoomers are the worst.

>The characters only become charicatures in the last two seasons.
Bro, they became charicatures by season 4 (Dwight setting the office on fire, Michael driving the car into the lake).

>Elaine
Julia Luis Dreyfuss is a Jew in real life.
Kramer isn't a Jew on the show, nor is Michael Richards, but the real Kenny Kramer he was based on is.

gery get ipad
kramus join alt right
gorg uber driver

They never say George is a Jew unless they imply his mom is one. He tries to convert to Orthodox so he doesn't give a fuck

Dumb nigger lover and kike lover

Killer what?!?!?!??!?! Fuck!!!!

I'm sure they'd react in horror if the hosts told them that the majority of Americans agrees with Archie and that's why the show was so popular. Despite the shows creators trying to make him into some out of touch bafoon. That show was popular because Archie was the Everyman, with his dimwitted hippie son in-law and the nogs encroaching in his neighborhood

Sneed

It doesn't help that the Simpsons has been very absent from streaming services.
I remember on Hulu for a while you could watch the newest seasons, but nobody cares about those.

STELLA!

Attached: elaine.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>it's just not funny in 2020.

Seinfeld was never funny. Fucking hate me faggots but you know it's true.

>Seinfeld not funny

But Friends and the Office are?

Attached: Larry David, what the hell man.jpg (652x978, 44K)

Ross and Monica were both Jewish. Joey dates a black woman and Ross dates a Chinese woman. Gunther was an incel who eventually bars the doors and burns Central Perk to the ground with everyone inside except for that hairless cat.

How will it play with the zoomers?

Attached: george aryan union.jpg (1913x1080, 293K)

so classic its its own trope

seinfeld isnt funny

cuh-ringe!

>mainly because the jokes are predictable as fuck, awful laugh track - it's just not funny in 2020.

Attached: Untitled.png (847x673, 57K)

Wait what's going on?
Is Netflix trading Friends and the Office to Hulu in exchange for Seinfeld?

What are you, Jewish?

They control our minds. Help us.

why pay or netflix or hulu to watch 30 year old shows when you can watch them all for free on your own plex server?

Attached: 1565468330987.jpg (395x445, 39K)

>seinfeld is 30 years old

Attached: 3121334515.jpg (600x399, 27K)

Yeah but it's not a hugging and learning type of show like friends. There is no message.

what if jerry got netflix

fuck off zoomer

29 year old here and Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows. The fuck is wrong with you?

Always Sunny is the only funny sitcom
fuck the writers though for the last couple of seasons and fuck that gay mac episode

Die breeder

literally 4 of the 6 friends are jewish you fucking retard

>Amazing they let it go long enough to find itself
it averaged 15-20 million viewers an episode, not a hit but still advertiser friendly

The Office is overrated trash. If basic thots didn't want to LARP as Pam and Jim, the show would have been dead by now.

Old shows are big money. People would rather watch the classics than some new meme creation that hasn't had time to find an audience.

Attached: hbo max.jpg (790x745, 195K)

Maybe you should stop taking cues from what people on twitter are talking about. Show me one person active on twitter that isn't an insufferable retard.

It's not a trade. NBC took back the rights to Friends and The Office for their own service so Netflix had to fill the void with something.

>twitter is real life
spoken like a true zoomie

How do residuals work for streaming? Does Kramer get any of that money? Was this covered when he signed his contract?

Thanks for the reasonable perspective. Never watched it myself

Should have filled that void with Kung Fu The Legend Continues.

youtube.com/watch?v=uudaEW-HaQY

SAG I imagine has to have had the rules changed on streaming at some point that makes it work retroactively. If that has happened, he'll be fine and in the money.

N

Attached: n.jpg (359x478, 31K)

mong
it was never funny

I'm surprised Grey's Anatomy is not higher. Every single woman in their 20's watches that shit religiously.

This. Elaine rarely makes the show feel girly either.

You know what sitcom hasn't aged well? Married With Children. It's funny enough but all the cliches just make it hard to watch at times

An example, please

dial eight

I remember watching that a lot as a tween when the girls gone wild commercials were done and I still couldn't sleep. Can't remember a single episode, though I had to have seen several dozen of them.

Should I watch Cheers before Fraiser?

Friends is perhaps the most normie show ever created. No wonder it did so well on Netflix. Seinfeld is too neurotic and misanthropic for that platform.

It's definitely not as consistently funny the first few seasons, but it no doubt hits its stride by Season 4. It's still tied with Frasier as the most consistently funny sitcom ever made.

Attached: 1568606071876.png (576x577, 5K)

Not at all. I can watch it any day and laugh. What has aged terribly is Mad About You. The comedy is so dated. I went through all the seasons last month and it was hard to finish

Attached: 115427055.jpg (1536x2048, 259K)

This remains one of the best episodes, and is probably the best pre-S4 episode overall.

>it's just not funny in 2020.
it wasnt funny in 1990

boomers are just easily amused

t. born in 87

Implying that 20-year-olds and younger aren't the shit-tier generation.

Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David get the most money from the show's syndication. They each reportedly make over $100 million for each syndication cycle of the show, so I imagine Netflix is doling out some serious cash for the rights. None of the other members of the cast own stake in the show though, so they earn peanuts in residuals.