/trek/

So apparently half the Federation is in the Beta Quadrant and Earth is right in the middle? And the only reason this is accepted as fact is because of some B-canon material that was used as a reference in some background shit in Into Darkness and STD? Despite all dialogue from DS9 and VOY treating the Alpha Quadrant as the main setting for the series and the 5 or so times the Beta Quadrant is mentioned it's treated as a barely explored frontier?

Fuck this shit. The Federation, Klingons, and Romulans all exist primarily in the Alpha Quadrant in my mind.

Attached: 9ssp4vd9aujz.gif (2548x2000, 601K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn#Planetary_rings
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymn8elCvkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Agreed user

when does this show get good?

Attached: 2019-09-17 08_02_15-Steam.png (1263x907, 1.24M)

never

Attached: 1568700122169[1].jpg (938x1011, 799K)

checked, we're over here

>

>kills big evil with empathy
It's a good episode but holy fuck the idea is hilariously bad

>organic threads

Do you have honor?

where's the ferengi?

In the Ferengi Alliance section above Cardassian Union.

ring it

Attached: 1568468180459.png (244x323, 72K)

>2D map for a 3D galaxy

Into Darkness was kino

He tried

>the Beta Quadrant is mentioned it's treated as a barely explored frontier?
Yeah, because the Romulans, Klingons, and Tholians control most of it as you can see in your picture.

file too big to load

The idea came from ST6, where the dialogue placed the Klingons in the Beta Quadrant. I've never been fond of it either; it would make more sense for Earth to be placed in the middle of Alpha than sitting on the boundary line.
But that said, if you shifted the Fed's neighborhood further "left" into Alpha, then VOY's gimmick of being set entirely in Delta would be untenable. (As it was, the writers were barely able to keep them from crossing over into Beta by S7.) So basically there's no way to square what we hear in DS9 and VOY.

>Deep Space "Nine"

Where are Deep Space One through Eight? And any possibly beyond Nine?

Attached: 1390752636047.jpg (1035x1070, 129K)

>2d space map

Attached: TheComic.jpg (851x901, 252K)

Nobody cared about any of this until DS9 went all
>hurrdurr we alpha quadrant
or Voyager was all
>Delta Delta Delta Delta, away from home = Delta

They dumbed it down because otherwise they would have to mention the Beta Quadrant all the time in DS9 and in later Voyager seasons.

DS 3, 4 and 5 were mentioned in TNG. DS5 detected the Borg in First Contact.

Voyager spends the last few episodes of Season 7 in the Beta Quadrant

what do the klingons do with the ayys they conquer? enslavement, send them away, full on genocide?

Das cool

Mostly make them vassal states. It’s also never directly addressed, but its likely if they wanted that fat Federation relief fund after Praxis that they had to free them all. Also notice throughout TNG and DS9 they refer to the Klingon fleet as the “Klingon Defense Force” similar to how Japan was restricted to having only defensive forces after WW2.

Spaniard style rape. Which is why there are so many different looking klingons. The ones without ridges are 52% klingonX .

I imagine they just lay claim to pre-warp civilizations without actually doing anything to them because it would not be honorable to fight them. Presumably they just mine the uninhabited planets nearby. For post-warp civilizations it's probably a fight to the death so genocide.

S3. S1-2 were cheap and during a writer's strike.

Teach them about honor.

Other Trek thread is almost to bump limit. Sharpen your sticks so we can poke them in the eyes when the STD immigrants beg for asylum and write essays about how much they hate a tv show.

>kzinti
>Lyran
isn’t that star fleet battles creations?

Kzinti are from Niven’s Known Space and were included in a TAS episode adapted from a Niven story.

>MY NAME... IS ARBY'S

Weird product placement

The galaxy is proportionally flatter than Earth.

how does a map like that work when the universe has 4 dimensions?

Galaxies are flat idiot

How does any map work when the world is in three dimensions

Really fucking bummed Star Trek isn't real life

I'm willing to accept Romulus being in the Beta Quadrant but still considered an "Alpha Quadrant power" since they are Vulcan descendants. Much like how we consider Australia and New Zealand Western nations. The major Federation planets should all be in the Alpha Quadrant, though, as the terminology is clearly a meta one (alpha = first = main setting).

Why is the Federation the only gang that isn't a bunch of aggressive assholes? What would happen if the Federation met another Federation which was larger and even more peaceful?

They'd probably learn from them, being the giant pussies they are.

In reality, the confederation would've been fucked over the second they encountered a hostile entity, like say the Borg, without Qs help.

As the mirror universe showed with the fall of the Terran Empire, Federation values are bad for survival.

Would the Federation yield its territory to bigger Federation like they ask other planets to or would they remain their own entity and draw border lines like with the Klingons and Romulans?

The Klingons apparently stopped being aggressive assholes after Khitomer/the changeling was exposed before their entry into the dominion war.

The Romulans were never 'aggressive assholes.' They were the Soviets, calculating cold warriors that were dangerous but rarely did they ever put all of their cards on the table. There was a frosty armistice, not an ongoing total war.

they wouldn't yield, they would ally

>The Romulans were never 'aggressive assholes.'
fuck off tal shiar

If your hypothetical has them meeting a 'more peaceful' (?), bigger Federation, it goes without saying that both sides would have non-aggressive tendencies and that an alliance could simply be formed that would be mutually beneficial.

This isn't the corporate world, there's no need for a merger and if both sides had Federation values, there would be no pressure for one to be folded into the other.

The "Federation" is actually just a Terran Empire that grows by diplomacy rather than conquest. It's practically run by Starfleet which mainly consists of humans with Vulcans as accomplices. The only species that we see to have admirals are humans, Vulcans and one token Bolian. The civilian administration seems to be mainly occupied with civilian administration while most of the interstellar affairs seem to be handled by Starfleet which sends their own officers and "civilian" ambassadors that always operate out of Starfleet to make diplomacy while overseen by admirals.

There are always hawks and doves. The Tal Shiar are obviously the 'hawks' but the fact remains that Romulus never went into open war with the Federation. Nemesis doesn't count because it's fucking stupid.

Full on borg invasion would be stoped by starfleet science shenanigans..

Star Trek embraces the whole human exceptionalism/humanity fuck yeah thing, i.e. the second the human dominated Federation put their mind to something, they dominate. If they were an aggressive entity bent on turning Starfleet into a war machine, their neighbours would be scared shitless.

didnt the romulans try to glass earth several times pre federation?

Yea, we've seen the plot armor my man.

This is true, I hate how cut and dry it is.

There was a suggestion that the alien enemies actually should really be strong in one areas but always beaten by the Federation ideals of cooperation and shit, i.e. the Klingons really do dominate in close quarters combat and shit rather than being dispatched so easily on screen like those boarding parties from DS9 or the Romulans really are sneaky little fuckers don't have their plots fail spectacularly everytime they try to execute one.

The Federation is a coalition of different cultures but they all agreed upon the form of their internal governance. If they met an outside force, even if it were peaceful, would they adapt to that government? Every member of the Federation would agree to this change even if it meant they would lose their sovereignty?
There's a careful balance between the Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellarites, so wouldn't that balance be upset if they suddenly became part of a larger Federation? Even Bajoran politics were enough to disrupt that balance, so it seems impossible for the Federation to simply join another interstellar government.

>Every member of the Federation would agree to this change even if it meant they would lose their sovereignty?
Like I said, there would be no reason for them to fold into this larger entity. You're speaking like it would happen as a matter of course but for one to absorb the other, there would have to be some sort of hostile intent, or at least a desire for consolidation. But I'm pretty sure they would just handshake, form an alliance, and respect each other's sovereignty if they both truly held to Federation principles and ideals.

Your entire premise is built around a merger that would never happen under those circumstances.

Were all the humanoid species seeded from a common source. I know the actually reason they look like that are practical, budget, keeping charachters relatable, easier, but I was just wondering if there was an in universe explanation.

Yes, there was a progenitor race called the Iconians or something like that. The ones with those gate portals. They're mentioned in TNG and DS9.

God I wish there was a crying wojack of Odo. 'tfw when not a part of the Great Link'

In universe lore has it that there was some elder race seeded the galaxy.

Yeah because that worked out so perfectly wonderful for the Roman Empire, didn't it.

500 cultures crammed into one place, allowing women to vote...

>Iconians
They just seem to be some mysterious long lost civilization that was advanced before everyone else. Wiki just calls the progenitor race 'Ancient humanoids, and looks like how the Changelings look when taking on a basic humanoid form.

I couldn't sworn that scene where they met the representation of the ancient humanoid was when they were on the world with the Iconian gate in TNG. I guess I'm misremembering.

These maps are all fanmade bullshit and Sol being the border of alpha and beta quadrent is stupid and would be frowned on by every non-human.

>using a 2D map for 3D space
lmao
>using a 3D map for 4D space
LMAO

That dude was straight-up dressed like a Wizard, too.

I don't know if that was an Iconican planet, though.

>Fuck this shit. The Federation, Klingons, and Romulans all exist primarily in the Alpha Quadrant in my mind.
Correct, Satan.

The ugly truth of the Federation is that it assimilates all space faring civilizations into its organization as a means of protecting itself from rogue empires forming within its territory. If Federation B has more territory and more advanced technology then historically it consumes smaller territories and empires, if not through violence then through economic means. If handshakes resolved all diplomatic and political situations then there wouldn't be an issue with the Romulans. Conflict is inevitable, so playing out the Federation A and Federation B relationship it would only be a matter of time before the boundaries began to shift and blur.

Yet they both claim to be peaceful explorers. This seems to be impossible in the long run unless Federation A is willing to accept its lesser position in a larger, possibly intergalactic Federation.

That was the T'Kon Empire.

>the Star Trek universe was created and populated by a /trek/ virgin that reached wizard levels of autism and ascended into godhood
Holy fucking based. I knew we were doing this for a reason.

Attached: 1567562972287.jpg (650x650, 121K)

I'm just here for the sexy cosplayers.

Azetbur was right...
>If only you could hear yourselves. 'Human rights.' Why the very name is racist. The Federation is no more than a 'homo sapiens' only club.

Attached: Azetbur.jpg (360x450, 28K)

wait the romulan home worlds are called romulus and remus? how does that work? can't be coincidence

Attached: romulus remus.jpg (500x338, 30K)

>The ugly truth of the Federation is that it assimilates all space faring civilizations into its organization
It assimilates willing candidates voluntarily.
>as a means of protecting itself from rogue empires forming within its territory
Patently false. It accepts petitions to join from worlds with which there has been prolonged contact and interaction because said worlds add to and enrich its culture. You could argue that the alliances and the consolidation of the original Federation had more practical uses but in TNG, for example, the Federation is more than capable of taking care of itself.
> If Federation B has more territory and more advanced technology then historically it consumes smaller territories
You can't use real life history as a measuring stick here because there has been no state as perfectly and largely benevolent as the Federation in real life. And your premise is built around the concept of two entities with the same values bumping up against one another, meaning two Federations (one larger). There is no reason to believe that one would have to absorb the other. And you can't cite history as an example because, again, there is no historical equivalent. But we can surmise through our time watching various Trek shows that they would simply shake hands, form an alliance, and go about their business.
>The Romulans
The Romulans are the Romulans. But you said this was about the Federation bumping up against a larger Federation.
>Conflict is inevitable
What, why? Both of these entities would have to go out of their way to start such a conflict and if both have Federation values, it wouldn't happen.
>boundaries begin to shift and blur
That would be perfectly acceptable. Alliances can go as far as you want them to go. They could allow each other total access in one another's space so that they could both continue their peaceful exploration of the galaxy.

Here's your 4d map

Attached: you.jpg (800x600, 48K)

>trek thread is up
>make a /trek/ to combat it
>win
>it's shit
gg

Aaahhhhhh too much text but
>You can't use real life history as a measuring stick here
I'm literally talking about an America/China situation

I'm going to eat your whole asshole at the meet up, Vee

I could tell you were driving at something but I genuinely don't think it fits. Square peg into a round hole.
This thread's been pretty decent. Laid back and some decent discussion. For /trek/, that's pretty fucking good.

Attached: 1561398049045.jpg (349x372, 38K)

gg-fag isn't vee, he's just some autist with too much time

Thanks for replying. I figured it would play out peacefully but it seemed like a fun excuse to throw the what if ball back and forth.

I'm still going to eat Vee's asshole.

Upon further review

>I'm literally talking about an America/China situation
I'd equate China more with the Dominion than the Federation. Saying America/China is equivalent to two Federations seems a little silly. China is a weird country with some fucked up shit going on, and some good things going on.

But considering the human rights violations, all of the surveillance, the 'good boy point' system they have? I'd say China is more like the Dominion. It wants order from chaos, it wants control, it wants to be a monolith.

Now, if you had said that, I think we all know that it would inevitably lead to war just like it did in DS9.

Star Trek isn't just for nerds now!

Attached: 1568739562161.jpg (1200x1200, 191K)

In what universe do you think people like this aren't nerds? Virulent SJWs were probably all viciously bullied in school, aside from the basic white girls that just want to score virtue signalling points.

But I do agree that they fucking suck ass and the fact that they love STD just makes me hate it even more (I'd definitely hate it regardless though).

I just wanted to know what would happen when our heroes meet someone larger and better than them, and America/China is the best example I could think of with the two biggest players.

A nerd wouldn't dress up in a ST uniform where the fabrics are all wrong and the coms badge is shiny. (pic of transperson not related)

You're dismissed.

You're dismissed.

Well, knowing what we know about the galaxy in Trek, a bigger Federation like entity would have to be extra-galactic and more technologically advanced by a longshot. So, chances are they'd just sort of pop into our galaxy, explore a bit, say hello, and then continue on to the next one.

>be rigt there captan

Attached: codeofhonor_hd_072.jpg (1440x1080, 217K)

Most galaxies are flat discs, only a few dozen light years in "height".

Most people don't even realise Saturn's rings are only about 20 metres thick, it's weird how people have these preconceptions about what space actually is.

>So, chances are they'd just sort of pop into our galaxy, explore a bit, say hello, and then continue on to the next one.
Why would they act in that specific manner?

Sulu was cataloging gaseous anomalies in the Beta Quadrant long before DS9 or Voyager came along.

Not if they're next door neighbors and expanding lines of territory bump into each other

You don't know a lot about cosplay if you think that's true. My dad still has an old Trek uniform that he made in the 70s for himself which he wore to several conventions and it's all fucked up, ghetto, and canonically incorrect. It was a red shirt with captain's stripes, for fuck's sake.

Also, no, people like the one in your picture are definitely REAL nerds. They're omega nerds. They're the nerds that were so autistic and insufferable that even we, the normal nerds, couldn't accept them and didn't want to be around them. I'd say that they're on a whole other level personally. A worse level.
Well, they might leave behind a few research teams similar to what the Federation does on backwater pre-warp worlds. Frankly, they probably wouldn't find us as interesting as we find them because their technology would be so advanced that even the Federation would seem somewhat primitive.

Attached: reeeeeee.jpg (1200x963, 703K)

>Not if they're next door neighbors and expanding lines of territory bump into each other
That's not really how galaxies work, though, is it? For that to happen both civilizations would have to expand beyond the boundaries of their respective galaxies. Otherwise, we'd just be contained in the Milky Way and they'd be hanging out over in Andromeda. I don't think that kind of overlap exists in an extragalactic sense but I may be wrong. I'm no scientist.

Presumably there's an identical myth of twin babes suckling a wolf that they attached to the twin planets they settled on. Why they have a bunch of roman empire military ranks though is stupid.

The rings of Saturn have a spacial girth of 120-140 km.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn#Planetary_rings

>better federation
>better alien pusy?

based pusy poster

Attached: 1558838057116.gif (250x189, 408K)

>They're the nerds that were so autistic and insufferable that even we, the normal nerds, couldn't accept them and didn't want to be around them.
As above so below.

how accurate is this?

Attached: Star Trek political chart.png (1080x1284, 1.35M)

>I'd say that they're on a whole other level personally. A worse level.
So one level above not leaving your house?

>it's a chart
no.

Attached: Dan Curry Star Trek Deep Space Nine USS Curry miniature 5.jpg (1056x594, 101K)

I'm assuming that since the universe is billions of years old there are intergalactic Federations waiting for our galaxy to develop the means to travel between galaxies, just like Vulcans were waiting, or didn't care about, us to develop warp travel.

Correct. That level includes never leaving your house but also integrates being loud and obnoxious on every form of social media.

Attached: excelsior-variant1-screen.jpg (640x480, 27K)

there's pusy better than vulcan pusy?
I can't believe

based modelfag

I suppose that's certainly possible. It would make sense in the Trek universe, anyway, and could be the basis of an interesting hyper futuristic show.

>or didn't care about, us to develop warp travel.
lazy

Attached: Ricardo Delgado Star Trek Deep Space Nine miniature.jpg (960x720, 103K)

Looks cheap.

You get the idea

Correct, galaxies exist with huge voids between them populated by a few rogue stars. The milky way and andromeda won't begin to merge for a few billion years.

immersion breaker
pls go

>ywn never bend a bitch over your giant ass deep space nine model

Well it is just an Excelsior with the saucer section moved back and the warp nacelles moved down.

Attached: USS Curry.jpg (1020x250, 70K)

why are vulcans so sexy?

Attached: latest[2].jpg (1043x1043, 674K)

welcome to television user

Because they're perfect.

gross

>The rings extend from 6,630 to 120,700 kilometers (4,120 to 75,000 mi) outward from Saturn's equator and average approximately 20 meters (66 ft) in thickness
He was correct. They're pretty thin.

more pics of girl

Because they think like men.

>He
>I'm not him
._.

Attached: 1568554844238[3].jpg (1080x1440, 257K)

>if they both truly held to Federation principles and ideals.
What's unrealistic is that those ideals would be universal, unchanging and undisputed. What would happen if the Federation absorbed some worlds that would develop a theocratic system in a few years and factions on other member worlds find this appealing and and then a majority in the council would hold this ideology while Earth does not. What if they rule that Starfleet should change its focus to being an army for conquest? The federation is always portrayed as being on the same page about everything and having ideals that never change and if for some reason they rule against it it's up to our heroes to uphold the ideals and convince the council to stop.

Vulcan women are socially naive so you imagine them being easy to control and keep as humanoid pets.

There is way dumber stuff going on in Star Trek. Remember the episode of TOS where they find an identical planet to Earth that is exactly the same except that Rome never fell? They hand wave it off by saying it's some law of parallel planetary development or something.

Not a Trek fan particularly, but how the fuck is map this messed up? You'd think they wouldn't allow pockets here and there.

then the federation would come apart

>Not a Trek fan particularly
stopped reading right ...about... there

>how the fuck is map this messed up?

Attached: 1547194029369s.jpg (250x202, 6K)

Wrong. It's because they're brilliant and smug about it and they're all cute. And pointy ears.

IT STILL COUNTS

Attached: 1494472105937.png (700x674, 204K)

she cute

Who's that, some fangirl?

cringe
based

"girl"
we all know it's you faggot

this off the spectrum

Welcome to /paranoia/!

You're ON the spectrum!
ammirite fellas?

tfw no bashirfaggot gf

>Why is the Federation the only gang that isn't a bunch of aggressive assholes?

Why did the First Federation disappear? Did they ally? Did they merge? They seem to have tranya as a drink in NG era so what happened?

Attached: Balok.jpg (914x708, 66K)

Every day brother

Any Star Trek Vidya worth playing?

STO

Just get a job and a gf

It's perfectly normal that a large political entity would develop opposing views. What's interesting is to show how the Federation still manages to stay together. Is Federation policy technocratic and completely detached from social developments and movements in the member worlds?

Bridge Commander

Maybe just a ruse by Balok. But who was he? Where did he come from? Why is he babby?

a huge number of TOS episodes were written around old costumes and sets they had lying around
>Nazi planet
>cowboy planet
>1930s mobster planet
>ancient Greece/Rome planet

The Corbomite Maneuver is a great episode but I can't stand the voice over on that weird looking kid. The mouth movements are so exaggerated and the voice over just sounds off. It's really unsettling to me.

BUT FIRST, ThE tRaNyA

I'm aware they were just using whatever sets they had. I don't have an issue with that and it lends way more variety and colorful environments to the show. The explanations are just so dumb compared to later series. It could have been handled a lot better.
>The captain who crash landed on this planet needed to implement a more efficient government, so uhhh they're Nazis now, oh no!
>Aliens are executing us...in an old west setting...for reasons...
>A whole race of people are so mimetic that they read one mobster book and based their whole planet on it.

Who morns for Apollo was how to take an existing set and do it right. Turns out ancient Greek Gods were just visiting aliens. That's interesting and imaginative. The Roman one mentioned is one of the worst examples of how this is handled. It's just literally Rome. On an exact copy of Earth. lol don't think about it.

Attached: The_Explored_Galaxy.jpg (2550x1533, 1.49M)

We get it. You know the show.
Jesus.

tl;dr?

Could Starfleet use the Universal Translator to silence or modify prohibited speech? For example if someone used a racial slur but it gets translated to something more benign.

How would you do it without turning all of these into Sliders episodes?

How do you know how much of the universe you have explored?

I think that nobody had an idea back in the 60s that the show would explode in popularity. It was just some generic ass sci-fi and they didn't feel the need to reinvent the wheel in writing terms

I just want a 25th Century series that retcons all Bad Robot and CBS bullshit, bros.

jonesing for more vulcan pics /trek/

Like "spoonfuck" would become "person of Cardassian decent"?

No. After demand fag "asked", I'm not in the mood.

Star Trek tech has so many weird implications that they could make a whole trek centric Black Mirror series. Imagine news in Star Trek. Everybody could make his own reality with a camera and a holodeck. Or cosmetic surgery.

please I got the vulcan fever so bad right now

Put your trip back on so I can filter you

>Everybody could make his own reality with a camera
We're not there now?

Not canon.

Im no homo newfag ok

>Everybody could make his own reality
I pretend to be a doof on-line when irl, I'm actually quite cool.

why was there Never a star treks world ?

Gay

Disney will buy trek and make Trek-land. It's all from ST.

She has nice eyes.

I thought the Cardassian Empire had boarders to the Romulan Empire? According to DS9 they shared a border? That's how the Romulans got into the war in the first place.

Is she a cast member or something? Don't think i've seen her before.

Trek maps hardly make any sense.
Didn't one of the movies state that Klingon Empires Homeworld was 80 light years away?
Also, when Klingons went to war with Cardassians, according to this map, did they fly above federation space or did they go around it or did they just cut straight through?
Similary, when Cardassians and Tal Shiar cooperated, did Romulans move several dozen of their ships straight through Federation space or also go around it?
Wasn't Dominion pounding Klingons pretty hard, same as Federation?
Weren't Bojarans under occupation for 50 years? Why do they control more space than Ferengi or Breen do?

Transporters are a great example of this. Imagine if the only way to travel was to step into a machine that disassembles you at the molecular level, essentially killing you in the process and then reassembling an exact copy on the other side that may or may not be your actual continued consciousness. It clearly has far reaching and terrifying implications yet it never seems to bother anyone.

just filter "vulcan" it's always me you big fucking nerd

No idea, looks like cosplay.

>666
>Breen
>mfw

Attached: Neil_Breen.jpg (556x720, 46K)

It's a promo from the /trek/ series

The thinking mans explanation is that TNG was showing us Federation from the perspective of the absolutely most loyal people to the Idea of Federation, thats why it seems so idealized.
In DS9 Federation seemed more realistic as a goverment with actual faults.
Even in TNG the Federation almost ended in a catastrophe when Starfleet was almost taken over by those brain bugs who would have done who knows what

Its not real ok its like Lost made up as they go along kek

just a tv show, friend

Sauce?

There is another Trek map floating around which has Federation split in two major parts and Romulans being this relatively small empire surrounded on all sides

that's the only halfway official map that shows Bajor. As stated in dialogue it's right next to Cardassia. Ancient Bajorans already reached Cardassia with tachyon boosted sailing ships.

Attached: Bajor_sector_DS9_Manual.jpg (744x588, 215K)

/trek/ means it's a thread, not the show.

These official maps ignore a lot of implications from the 90s shows. I have no idea why fan sites put so much weight in them.

are these Canon by the writers or just fanzine stuff ?

>brain bugs
They were in the stomach of their victims.

this is what I am trying to get too Are They Ofish

>I have no idea why fan sites put so much weight in them.
cus they retarded?

that was just the queen or whatever. the rest of them were in people's mouths or sticking a little spikey thing out of their neck

Attached: admiral chestburster.jpg (960x720, 418K)

No, thats not my problem.
My problem is why do Bajorans, who apparently were super peaceful people before Cardassian invasion, control as much territory as aggressive Star Empires or powerful Merchants when they stopped being occupied just a few years ago.

Wasn't that just the queen?
I guess thats where idea for GOOOLDS came from

They haven't released a trailer yet just character stills.

Lurk more dumb newfag.

Janeway wtf are you doing?

Attached: CH6eD3.jpg (1360x768, 683K)

dat canada

Are trek fans smarter than norms?
Kinda feels that way.

Is there any 3D interactive maps of the star trek galaxy, I always liked that scene Generations, when Picard and data are in Stellar Cartography.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymn8elCvkM

Not really.
Its just an interesting setting to explore politics, culture and history, so you get more nerds.
TOS-Films, TNG-DS9-VOY and Nu-Trek are all separate fanbases too, the first two being closer than the third one

smarter than norms but dumber than morns

finaly, a frenly /trec/ thred!

Attached: fren.png (240x304, 12K)

>why do Bajorans control as much territory as aggressive Star Empires
It's not canon or official. It's entirely fan-made. Cardassia isn't even close to Bajor or the Badlands on the fanmap and the scale is also completely off.
TNG mentioned going to Deneb in the pilot a star thousands of light years away. Then The Chase has Prof. Galen gesturing all over a galactic map pointing at places he wants to visit in a small shuttle. And then there is which is actually a considerable portion of the galaxy and shows Vulcan and Romulus to be thousands of lightyears apart.
This is at odds with Voyager that needs the galaxy to be big so it takes decades to cross it.

Fuck you

Attached: crys.jpg (1536x791, 143K)

BASED

Attached: 1536038540958.jpg (406x996, 73K)

I click on every image even tho I've seen them all before. Who here /click/?

what a cute vulcan angel

kys

Pretty rad

Remember that time when B'Elanna tried to seduce the doctor with her footslut antics?

Attached: 8fa170d8c7d5ca064de659ddadf3762a.jpg (400x301, 9K)

hi vf, i like you more

What was her problem.

>ywn have vulcan cosplay sex
ILLOGICAL ILLOGICAL ILLOGICAL

Attached: triggered.jpg (835x679, 115K)

it hurts bro like a hole in my chest
a part of my life that will always be incomplete

she cute

MFW I have.

Attached: 1568450055659.png (378x498, 259K)

*Sips Kanar*
Terok Nor, now that was an assignment

Attached: Gul-Didnothingwrong.png (540x482, 232K)

twist the fucking knife while you're back there why don't you

i'm not replying to this anymore. you just post them anyway in every chain

he cute

Damn it dukat, I might not like you, but I do respect you., cheers.

Attached: ds9549.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Attached: Would-you.png (966x834, 628K)

S T R O N G F A T

This. For fuck sakes we know Cardassia is next to the Klingon empire. However they draw it the map should have Romulan, Klingon, and Cardassia clumped together.

Also in “Mira” they find a planet that is a physical duplicate of Earth, but that fact doesn’t play any role in the plot.

>clumped together.
it's lumped

Attached: 1543246891158.png (483x470, 184K)

PROMENADE

Attached: PROM.jpg (315x273, 14K)

My own clown, now both of us can experience vulcan cosplay sex

I know I'm late to the thread, but whose map is this? I've seen it and others, and no two maps ever even closely resemble each other, and trek has never had a canonical map release unless I'm incorrect.

There was also a postapocalyptic planet where Yangs fight the Coms and it's revealed that they are just Yankees and Commies and then they find the Declaration of Indepence.

post the clip

Space is 3D. This map is useless.

READ THE FUCKING THREAD YOU

or the wiki

If I wanted to defend Trek to an absurd level you could sort of handwave it as Universal Translator trying to cope with Romulan lore by interpreting it as Roman one, but thats such a long fetched theory and the "at Tenagra" episodes showed that UT can't deal with different cultures.

All things considered Trek has so much bullshit going its hard to take it seriously

pls no angri
pls

Attached: 1548644711145.jpg (900x873, 112K)

Where's the Delta quadrant?

>long fetched theory

interstellar politics is the worst thing about both star trek and star wars

>Earth is 3D, this map is useless.
The variation of stars along their z axis when viewing the plane of a galactic disc is so relatively minute it might as well be flat, at least for a spiral galaxy such as our own.

Attached: world-map-continent-and-country-labels-globe-turner-llc.jpg (900x547, 157K)

or the zeta one?

And then they bring the American flag out. Written by Roddenberry himself!

casual

Attached: geordi_la_forge_cosplay_by_omdway-d3eic2w.jpg (522x362, 37K)

>be named romulas and remus
>ships are birds of prey instead of wolfpacks
good job gene

elab, bro

I am sorry I am tired.

Here is a map from an official publication that incorporates several on-screen maps. The Romulan border is from Balance of Terror, Cardassian border from various DS9 graphics and the Klingon border was reused in STD.

Attached: MWPpjpH.jpg (4486x2596, 1.68M)

>have actually seen costumes that are worse at conventions

When's your sci-fi show premiering, user?

>>Earth is 3D, this map is useless.
this map would be useless if the earth was hollow and there was plenty of shit going on inside of it

broseph

Attached: 110228455-logo-of-the-roman-eagle-.jpg (1300x1300, 152K)

Oldest excuse in the book. Try switching it up with "I have a headache".

Attached: fuck you.jpg (1440x467, 93K)

i read the thread and have spent tons of time on the wiki. the wiki has used plenty of non canon shit.

thanks

pic them

Nobody says clumped together, esl-user.

I said I am sorry

Remember this encounter. For the future.

Deanna, B’Elanna and T’Pol each flinched as Jem’Hadar took hold of their bare hips and maneuvered them forwards. The bent-forward women trembled at this new vulnerability, their pussies easily accessible to the men holding them from behind. Their tits swayed and dangled as they were forced to hobble, flushed with humiliation, to where Papilia had indicated. Their gravshacks were remotely adjusted, allowing them to straighten while still holding their wrists behind them and preventing any attempt to cover the lush treasures on their chests. The three heroines were strapped into place, their stunning naked bodies secured and forced to lean forward slightly, offering their breasts to the machines.

B’Elanna struggled, the twenty-two year old’s boobs shaking across her chest as mechanized fingers groped blindly for her chest-treats. Deanna stared with wide dark eyes as large see-through suckers hissed in air, the vacuum already making her titflesh quiver. T’Pol bit her pouting lips, all poise and self-control abandoning her in the knowledge of what was about to happen to her plump, full breasts.

Then they should be called Aquilans

Cosplay is fun

Attached: 19352.jpg (960x960, 89K)

You can say that things are clumping together, sure, but not in this context. When you are referring to multiple different things being described as one thing, that's "being lumped together"

So, fanart or fanSHART?

unsexy

What happens next?

>Marina Sirtis
>lush treasures on her chest

doubtful

NOBODY EVER SAYS THAT IT'S "CLUMPED TOGETHER"

T’Pol’s heavy melons were the easiest to capture. She gasped out loud as a pair of plungers pressed against her areolas, sucking her nips in and holding tight. Gently the pistons extended, pushing the Vulcan’s brown tats deep into the softness of her boobs, and then they dragged back, pulling her nipples with them and stretching her globes into cones. It was the same style of milker that had been working Hedril’s breasts, but where the teenager had only possessed small boobs to work with, T’Pol’s full and heavy melons were far easier to exploit. The Vulcan let out a deep moan as her udders were stretched out, far, far further than the Cairn teen’s breasts had been, then gasped in air as her brown tats were pushed deep into the softness of her titflesh.

unbased

shut up faggot you're killing the mood

please continue

Why did the not go, alpha, beta, gamma delta, ABGD, Instead of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta?

Attached: 1562817640773.jpg (244x287, 12K)

That was before the Orion-8 treatment.

So, viewing the galaxy in terms of coordinates where the z-axis is the Milky Way's rotational axis, there's a lot of 3 dimensional action going on in the center, where things bunch up. But Earth is in the outer reaches of the Milky Way, stars have spun into more or less a flat disc, same reason why the planets all formed generally along the same plane. Added to the fact is that stars are much more sparse out here, it becomes increasingly unlikely that stars will have different z coordinates but the sam x/y coordinates, and so you can view a local map of stars in terms of the x/y plane and not worry too much about the z-coordinates, effectively making a flat map.

Lumped together is far more common

>T’Pol bit her pouting lips, all poise and self-control abandoning her in the knowledge of what was about to happen to her plump, full breasts.

>T’Pol’s heavy melons were the easiest to capture. She gasped out loud as a pair of plungers pressed against her areolas, sucking her nips in and holding tight.

*heart rate races*
*breathing hastens*

Is Lumped vs Clumped the new cut vs uncut?
The correct term is lumped and cut cocks are disgusting btw

Attached: 1319544294240.gif (691x543, 19K)

Deanna let out a yelp as her supple milky tits were suddenly caught by the suction cups, her pink nipples dragged deep into the devices. B’Elanna bucked in shame as mechanized fingers grabbed at her breasts, squeezing and lifting them, while the inner set of digits plucked and tugged at her nipples.

Then the Betazoid counselor gasped, her pale body shaking, her voluptuous curves gyrating sexily against her bindings. Then with a wail of defeat Deanna Troi felt her nipples squirt, a hot burning sensation that made her body spasm in her restraints with pleasure.

“The Betazoid first,” Papilia said with surprise, watching the Starfleet officer’s milk as it ran through transparent tubes to storage. “I honestly thought T’Pol would go earlier.”

>Say what you want about the occupation, in the end we made you stronger

I'm not even a "Dukat did nothing wrong"-poster, but you literally cannot deny he was wrong.

Also I'm paraphrasing, because I can't find the quote of Dukat saying that line. I know in the scene they were in a Federation runabout, but that's it.

Attached: st kira dukat.jpg (475x357, 36K)

*bites lip*
don't you dare stop

Can't tell if this is a new high or a new low for/trek/.

thank god, somebody with a fucking brain on /trek/

yeah but in wales we say clumped

The Vulcan came next, the slim but full-chested science officer emitting a deep throaty moan as her dark nipples surrendered her cream, her breasts stretched by the machines clinging to her teats. Milk squirted into the funnels, feeding into the transparent tubing. Very last was B’Elanna Torres, the peaches of Voyager’s chief engineer resisting but in the end the young woman’s udders were no match for the cruel treatment. White fluid squirted from her nips, the brunette beauty wriggling and moaning at the incredible sensation of powerful mechanical fingers relentlessly massaging and squeezing her full and supple breasts.

And now that their udders had yielded the first few drops the machines were not letting up. They worked the trio’s tits ruthlessly. Deanna’s pale melons were dragged up and down, the counselor moaning and shuddering. T’Pol’s ample orbs were stretched outward, her plump lips opened in an “o” of unwanted ecstasy. B’Elanna’s back arched and her head thrashed as her tanned tits were squeezed and distended before being released, briefly returning to their prior perfection before they were vigorously grabbed again. Their boobs were worked in sequence, left then right then left again, drawing squirt after squirt from their aching teats. The three heroines shuddered and moaned and writhed in their restraints, a sexy chorus as their voices rose with pleasure and shame.

how does it hold up?

Attached: star-trek-original-series-cast[1].jpg (825x464, 58K)

>you literally cannot die he was wrong.
gg

> it's weird how people have these preconceptions about what space actually is.
The milky way is 16,000 light years wide in the middle, and ~3000 light years wide out by us and we are a mid to small galaxy. check your own preconceptions at the door retard.

Computer, end program.

“A good start,” Papilia said, watching as the captives’ breasts were forced to surrender their cream to her machines. Her eyes were drawn to T’Pol’s pendulously dangling udders, her brown teats jetting generous quantities of milk and making the science officer moan in defeat. “I knew the Vulcan would be a good investment when I saw those melons on Ferenginar. T’Pol, you and your half-breed friends get to go to my lab. Those fat tits of yours deserve my undivided attention. And one more thing.”

As a final insult on the mountain of indignities already visited upon them, T’Pol, B’Elanna and Deanna each gasped, tensed and arched their backs as they felt the “bike seat” saddles between their thighs begin to vibrate.

Attached: 658993.jpg (600x451, 35K)

Keep going, I'm almost there

The rigs to which the three women were restrained began to move along the rail, carrying their naked cargo to other sections of the underground base. Just as quickly as they left, three more empty rigs trundled out on the rail, eagerly awaiting the bare breasts of yet more victims.

The Vorta turned, looking at the trembling and terrified women arranged naked and helpless before her. The gravshacks behind their backs remained locked in an elevated position, forcing each woman to lean forward with her boobs dangling and her legs awkwardly spread to keep their balance, offering no modesty and no chance of resistance. A tremor passed through the group as each and every women knew that soon it would be their turn, and there would be no escape and no mercy.

“Well,” Papilia smiled, “Do we have any volunteers? Probably not. Tan’Alac, get me volunteers!”

>I know in the scene they were in a Federation runabout, but that's it.
then it's probably Indiscretion S04E05
Your picture is from Return to Grace S04E14

>check your own preconceptions at the door retard.

Attached: 1548261798637s.jpg (250x237, 16K)

Gul Darheel did nothing wrong and didn't kill a single Bajoran but he should have.

I volunteer
I'm all yours, anything you need

jesus christ

it's shit

Unable to comply

holodeck all day long, playing football in the Champions league and fucking prime Winona Ryder

make threadd

Yes, thank you.

DUKAT: Ah. The infamous Shakaar resistance. We never could eliminate that little group of yours. And it was not from lack of trying, I assure you. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, Major, but I've always admired you. You are the embodiment of the new Bajor. A Bajoran born out of the ashes of the occupation, a Bajoran tempered with Cardassian steel.
KIRA: Captain Sisko's right. You are in love with the sound of your own voice.
DUKAT: I know you find this to accept, but I believe that in some ways the Occupation actually helped Bajor.
KIRA: Which part? The massacres or the strip mining?
DUKAT: I have no desire to debate the merits of the Occupation with you. I'm even willing to admit that perhaps we were a little harsh in our methods. But the fact is, the Bajoran people are stronger now than they have been in centuries. When we arrived, you were a weak, contemplative race, choking on your isolation. And now you have a new confidence, a whole new sense of purpose, not to mention a key role in the future of this entire quadrant.
KIRA: All of which Bajor achieved in spite of the Cardassians, not because of them.
DUKAT: Think what you must, But I believe the time will come when Cardassia and Bajor will grow to be not only allies but also close friends.

Will Star Trek ever be this good again?

*opens mouth*

Next week: Our heroines need to survive on a jungle planet, hunted by a Reman with a vengeance!
Nasty vines!
Lewd beasts!
Eggs!

Merkator mapping doesn't work In space, because the distances make it imprecise, space craft use star positions to measure distance. They use optical data, where the spacecraft takes a picture of the star background to help refine the spacecraft’s trajectory.

yeah the scene where trip dies

Season 2 TNG

Attached: star trek.jpg (1000x563, 340K)

>I hope you don't take this the wrong way, Major but I've always admired you.
>You are the embodiment of the new Bajor-- a Bajoran born out of the ashes of the occupation.
>A Bajoran tempered with Cardassian steel.
>Oh, Captain Sisko's right.
>You are in love with the sound of your own voice.
>I know you find this hard to accept, but I believe that, in some ways the occupation actually helped Bajor.
>Which part? The massacres or the strip mining? I have no desire to debate the merits of the occupation with you.

>I'm even willing to admit that perhaps we were a little harsh in our methods, but the fact is, the Bajoran people are stronger now than they have been in centuries.

>When we arrived, you were a weak, contemplative race choking on your isolation and now you have a new confidence a whole new sense of purpose not to mention a key role in the future of this entire Quadrant.

new

>Remember the episode of TOS where they find an identical planet to Earth that is exactly the same except that Rome never fell? They hand wave it off by saying it's some law of parallel planetary development or something.

i wouldn't believe you if i hadn't seen this episode few times

nnNNNNNAAAAA

Attached: 1527737164764.jpg (640x481, 17K)

Attached: 38a.png (240x323, 164K)

I'll be there

Are you nigger or just sub 50 IQ? What the fuck are you talking about? Roman Empire lasted for more than 1000 years and there was no "voting" in a modern sense you fucking mongoloid.

Wow how interesting, thank you for sharing this unknown info on a Star Trek general faggot