ITT: vidya that deserve a movie adaptation

ITT: vidya that deserve a movie adaptation

Attached: Bioshock.jpg (1680x1050, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W11s_CL_brM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unchartered
Last of Us
Horizon
God of War (2018)

Pls no

Attached: GTA.jpg (766x400, 52K)

grow up
games are for children

So are movies, any media really.
When are you going innawoods to find inner enlightenment user?

>What IP should we make into a movie next
Bioshock had a nice setting
>Who do we cast?
a faceless and nameless protagonist
>Well that doesn't work
there was a sequel that focused on a little girl
>PERFECT, Hire a female writer right out of college!

id hope the one thing the cinematic universes would bring to the table is expanding already existing ips if you absolutely need to make another movie that isnt original
bioshock movie would be great but but just recreating the story of bioshock would be absolute ass
the game relied so heavily on environmental storytelling and it was better for it but it would not work as a movie
story set in the universe might be cool as long as people just forget infinite exists

Attached: custers-revenge.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>YOU HAVE TO WATCH GOLDSTEINS PROPAGANDA
>STOP PLAYING VIDYAAAA

Attached: 1568194282507.png (785x731, 200K)

Didnt they start working on an Uncharted movie, like 5 years ago? I read somwhere that Tom Holland was supposed to play young Nathan Drake and Mark Wahlberg the adult one

*sips*

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

Attached: toodles.jpg (1280x1182, 91K)

there is a reason why all this trash ended up as interactive cinematic walking simulators and not movies.

Attached: packshot-dc059fbbd33d3ee82f67905b15c8a343[1].jpg (500x713, 100K)

Attached: 220px-Dxcover.jpg (220x273, 19K)

Monster Girl Quest

where does he fall politically?

Attached: andrewryan.jpg (591x331, 15K)

Libertarian

Who would play clementine?

Attached: E8A11662-02D8-4C46-A4B9-0050FA8D74C7.png (1024x576, 777K)

>underwater System Shock with some basic bitch critique of capitalism
>good

Unteralterbach

What? Why are you seething when nobody even said anything

this. Give me a movie about the fall of rapture, ala burial at sea

to the bottom of the ocean

doesnt really need a adaption since it will have a 'movie viewer difficulty' with actual actors in it.
but i wouldnt miss a adaption ala Final Fantasy movie from 2001

Attached: standing.jpg (1200x627, 147K)

12 episode miniseries each depicting a single day. The setting would have to be modified into some flyover backwater to allow diversity hires

Attached: 1523977840199556385.jpg (800x450, 30K)

The setting just doesn't work outside of Siberia

>PERFECT, Hire a female writer right out of college!
This is why we can't have nice things, user.

please don't ruin more great video games this way.

>name is basically an anagram of ayn rand
gee I wonder

people like you need to fucking kill yourselves. you're absolute cringe. I bet you say kino out loud on your tranny discord

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 38K)

I do say kino out loud, all the time in fact and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Stay seething.

Attached: 1568663912658.jpg (785x1000, 252K)

Oddworld Abes Oddesey

Based boomer

The kino that will never be

Attached: 199076-the-neverhood-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x951, 107K)

grow up
stocks are for children

Bioshock centers around the theme of illusion of choice that gets across to the audience through the inherent interactivity of videogame medium, so it won't work with the translation to any other medium, so shut the fuck up

The Evil Within 2, as a cheesy miniseries.

Attached: 220px-Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg (220x293, 25K)

this has so much potential to be a cool as fuck movie that there is almost no chance that they wouldn't fuck it up

Attached: 1558289762138.png (504x393, 53K)

Those are horrible suggestions.

Why they haven't done a movie/TV show set in the fallout universe is beyond me, there's so many possibilities for interesting stories

Attached: 35f3c8fc541b65022251372db7f5498582958238.jpg (616x353, 39K)

I think the period that the game takes place in would suck for a movie, but Rapture When it first started to really decline with some flashbacks to when it opened could be kino

lol that game is going to be so awful

THIS
Not many people realise the meta layer to the whole brainwashing thing.
I love movies, but games are just better than movie, that's why adaptions are always shit.

>illusion of choice
Didn’t it have significantly different endings?

Farming Simulator

Do you have any idea how pozzed it would be? I predict one of the main characters to be a negress scientist "kept down and quiet" because there is no government to constrain the white man's bigotry.

Pokemon was original just a game. I guess it has to have a family friendly appeal for the franchise to grow and have movies made based on them.
Don't forget that the game you play was inspired by novels and movies like how Fallout itself was inspired by Mad Max.

It wouldn't translate well at all into a movie
Plus they'd completely butcher it.

Hollywood would never allow a Deus Ex movie to be released because it "validates conspiracy theorists."

What inspired Deus Ex?

Attached: 220px-Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (220x293, 20K)

Inspired by The Thing and Event Horizon.

just like it sucked for a game
>everyone's already dead or a zombie
so sick of that lazy shit

Prey.
Ninja Gaiden, must include big tits Rachel in full accurate costume.
Turok.
Dead or Alive. Must include women in panties. Tons and tons of upskirt, cameltoes, sexy costumes, panty flash, bouncing tits and sexy women.
With ending after credits teasing DOA Xtreme.
Which will be in theaters. A good hour and a half of jack off material.
Full nudity. Lesbian sex. Island adventure.

You didn't like it? My dick was hard the first time I caught a little sister.

there's no point dude. the people in these threads never have the slightest clue that their precious game plots, settings and scenes are all ripped off wholesale, shamelessly, from existing movies.
the makers would be fucking laughed out of the room or at least eventually sued if they tried to make a commercial product of any of these 'homages' outside the games industry.
>buhh how come they dont makes a movie with the character [describes snake plisskin, or indiana jones, or ethan hunt, fox mulder etc. having not the slightest idea these characters exist in movies already]

The first mission of the game spells it out by talking about how megacorporations have destroyed the concept of the individual and self-sufficiency. That's combined with a general distrust of technology replacing humanity in both jobs and inside their own bodies, and how that tech can be exploited and abused ("killphrases", etc).

it was very disappointing because they didn't look like human just some cartoony monster ghosty shit. similar could be said for the rest of the game
completely emtpy of any human souls like playing in a multiplayer map with nobody joined except you

>I will bring his corpse to her, cast it at her feet. It will be as if killing her children. I will kill all she protects, all she shields, until her hands are drenched in blood.

Yeah you'd need a master doing it with no studio interference. It's best left to the imagination unfortunately.

>Event Horizon meets The Thing
Sounds kino

A Boy and His Dog

Shit, man. Stop being so judgmental. Have sex.

Literally and unironically perfect for animated movie or series. Need to use vocies from the game and animate around them though. Voice acting is perfect.

I'd rather just watch Goldstein's propaganda than actually play it.
And games are far more fag and tranny infected than films are.

youtube.com/watch?v=W11s_CL_brM

"My people. Sons, and daughters of Helghan... This much, I vow... The history of these days will be written in blood... By crushing the armies of our enemy, by seizing the weapons they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very existence! But if there those who would deny us peace, refuse our rightful place in the universe, then, we will unleash such terrible vengeance, that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish! The enemy may shatter our bodies, but they cannot break our spirit... Even now, they advance on our homeworld to seize by force, what they cannot claim by right... They cannot imagine what awaits them.... We will SMITE the invaders from our skies! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again we´ll bow before them... Never again endure their oppression... Never again endure their tyranny... We will strike without warning, and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul... We will shatter their dreams, and haunt their nightmares... Drenching our ancestor's graves with their blood! And as our last breath tears at their lungs... as we rise again from the ruins of our cities... they will know, Helghan...belongs...to Helghast."

Attached: Killzone 3 Helghan field army.png (1920x1024, 2.64M)

Not sure Bioshock would work, all things considered
not only is the game just yourself, thinking to either a radio or audio logs for 90% of the time to the point that your best companion in the game is a dialogue-less robot, but also the whole point of it is that you piece together what the fuck happened after the fact, on your own pace
not really do-able in a movie unless you want to make one that completely misses the point of the game, and setting it in the 1959 uprising doesn't help either since the setting alone won't carry it

cringe

Attached: poster_23.jpg (800x1004, 331K)

Attached: image.jpg (616x353, 57K)

Tfw the only thing left of that sorry ass franchise is the annoying Helghaboos.

Idris Elba

Thief... first 3 games as a trilogy or 3 seasons of a miniseries.

Attached: Eye_artwork_013.jpg (1238x1920, 518K)

38 year old here. He's not wrong

The world would be a better place with no videogames, no tv and no movies

Same reason MGS2 wouldn't translate to film either

weirdly enough, I didn't find much of the "grr capitalism bad" that I was expecting in Bioshock. The only critique seemed to be that under a deregulated system, people did science (genetic modification) too well for people to learn how to use it responsibly, which is hardly Das Kapital.

Attached: damnationalleyOScheck.jpg (450x667, 241K)

Came here to post this
Thief's plot was mature af and would make for a comfy steampunk spy thriller

starring Rihanna, Janelle Monae, and me in the back

come on down to the Atomic Wrangler!
we got corn dogs and hush puppies!

it would be worth it for the soundtrack alone

Attached: 6b5685a0e5ff23b73b05ae218c254cc1b6e13e33.jpg (616x353, 35K)

I 100%ed this and i forgot what it was about. Is the moral of the game that you (the player) just do what your told? Would you kindly would you kindly or was that just bioshock infinite

Bioshock's story is about as shallow as a puddle
>posts four films
Already based on every crime film
Would be crap
>is beyond me
Because Fallout's universe is uninteresting
based on every major sci film released before it

The only game that would work as a film is STALKER, and it already is one

watch out everyone, we got The Expert here

Yet here you are on a board for television and film moron

What I'd kill for:

>Devil May Cry
>Metroid
>Deus Ex
>Street Fighter
>Resident Evil
>Legend of Zelda

Also, Ninja Gaiden

LoK is the only good game story.

there was a Street Fighter movie and it was awful

Whoooooa. Do you have patreon user? I'd love to hear more and pay YOU for the privilege

Just do a reboot but make it not awful.

A SF movie should be relatively easy to do, just fuck off with trying to make it "realistic"

Greedfall

>SF
>in 2019+
>non-shit casting of the female characters (or anyone)

My life is already wasted you numbnuts.

Grezzo 2

Attached: 32e6f1c8-42c6-484e-9fb1-6fbff5f40df0.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

cast him

Attached: t2-boxart-closeup.jpg (610x600, 27K)

>movie adaptation
Why? They've already told the story in hours of interactive gameplay. There's no way to capture that in a two hour film. It's a fucking waste of time and money.

If you're going to base something on a video game, the best thing would be to tell a side story in the same setting as the games.

Though I heard talk of a Bioshock series as a prequel. Dunno if it's happening.

Attached: splicer_desktop_by_The_Bioshock_Club.jpg (780x439, 207K)

It already was Kino as it was. Just re-release it on modern PCs and consoles for kids today.

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood has a bit of the GTA DNA,many driving scenes with radio on that serves mostly as a mood setter and the silly violent ending.

get out of here

Any game by Kojima, oh wait nevermind.

I loved this game as a kid, so much kino potential

Attached: images (1).jpg (189x267, 17K)

Pain and Gain is pretty much Vice city

None of them. Stop being so creatively bankrupt hollywood and come up with your own shit, stop ruining video games by turning them into shit movies

They could make a whole trilogy of films out of this!

Attached: die hard trilogy ps1.jpg (194x259, 10K)

Sony is already working on a live action adaptation.

Attached: Twisted-Metal-Black-Bonus-Edition_US_PS2.jpg (600x849, 587K)

>Fallout's universe is uninteresting
Said no-one ever

except for the guy you’re replying to. Fallouts just generic post apocalyptic wasteland, something that’s been seen in countless films already

Grand Theft Auto....would be a great movie, kind of a Heinz 57 movie, where there would be branching plot threads centralized over one over-arching plot. Sprinkled with classic GTA writing to keep the humor and cultural jabs.

Frostpunk..... probably too close to Snowpiecer. But the idea of trying to keep a society from falling apart in sub-zero temperatures would make a great film.

This War of Mine....from studio 11, that made Frostpunk...refugees seeking shelter to hide from war that surrounds them, would make for a Oscar-caliber film.

Half-Life 3.....if they ain't going to make the game, at least release a movie and tell us how the story fucking ends.

Shadowrun or Cyberpunk 2077.......in fact any cyberpunk movie that isn't the Matrix, so much untapped storytelling. I mean we still have Neuromancer and Snow Crash to adapt....

>non-shit casting of the female characters (or anyone)
That shouldn't be a problem. The real 'problem' would be making female characters actually look the way they do in the games without making their dress-styles more conservative.

Also, you forgot Resident Evil had a whole fucking series.

I really fucking hope you aren't serious. I can't imagine any worse opinion on this subject than this.

>first fallout game: 1997
>six string samurai 1998

they already did

Nothing really.

Metro 2033 could work, which they're already making.

Probably bait

Make Pong a LOTR style epic

The Angry Birds got a movie. You all know a Fortnite movie is already on the table.

lol yeah okay

>Video game good
>Art with meaning bad

Attached: wojakr.png (753x960, 22K)

The Rapture games will almost definitely get movie adaptations because they're anti-capitalist. Strictly the first game is anti-objectivist but it will be dumbed down to be broadly anti-capitalist as that is more important to the (((narative))).

Turning video games into movies never made sense to me and has never worked. The stories of games are told in that medium as a way to serve the user experience. There's hardly anything special about games if you take the user experience from them. There's literally no fucking point.

What's the point of Assassin's Creed if you don't run around in an open world uncovering a meta plot? Why the fuck would I want to see the same world but through a screen that I have no interaction with?

Two mediums and it should stay that way. The upcoming uncharted film is a BAD fucking idea, particularly since Uncharted's whole thing is to be like a movie. So they're gonna make a movie, based on games, that are trying be more like movies? Get the fuck outta here.

Attached: 1490982943587.jpg (600x600, 195K)