Joker BTFO

Adam Driver voted Best Performance at the Toronto Film Festival

Attached: IMG_20190916_201904.jpg (1125x967, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5VAnZrrZlLs
indiewire.com/2019/09/tiff-2019-critics-survey-toronto-best-films-performances-parasite-adam-driver-1202174083/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Jennifer Lopez in the top 3
This could not matter less.

good for him

She was unironically good in Hustlers

NOOOO WHO THE HELL IS ADAM DRIVER WHAT SUPERHERO OR VILLAIN DOES HE EVEN PLAY I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS HE BETTER NOT BE MARVEL NOOOOOO THIS WAS OUR TIME

>Adam Sandler
daily reminder he can't act and Punch-Drunk Love was SHIT

>top 3
Based retard user

How does he keep getting roles? He's one of the worst out there

Netflix has a multi-movie deal with him and Uncut Gems is a part of that. Where other actors have to audition all he has to do is say okay, and a movie is made.

Good that Phoenix already got his TIFF tribute actor award youtu.be/5VAnZrrZlLs
Cry harder

I really hope he gets the Oscar. It'd be nice to see someone win who actually deserves it, for once.

Golden Lion

Adam got two tributes ceremonies and Martin Scorcese surprising him and presenting him with a medal and calling him the "finest actor of his generation"

Attached: EDWcC6kUcAAXWZd.jpg (1573x1626, 293K)

Adam has a Volpi already, and it wasn't because of a meme media circus movie tyvm.

me on the right

so does Phoenix, and he couldn't win again with Joker winning the Golden Lion because of regulations
so what's your point?

Old lesbian women are the only people who vote in these TIFF audience awards.

what the fuck is a TIFF

Joaquin has Volpi too, and golden globe, and Cannes award, and Grammy so stop being so pathletic

This. I hope he wins because he deserves it and because incels seething will sustain me for weeks.

My point is Joker is a meme movie and that's the only reason it's getting this much hype and praise and awards. Don't pretend you don't know this.

>he couldn't get it because of regulations

boo hoo, he didn't get an award for an over-acted meme performance.

Tranny International Film Festival

So where is that medal, kek

Joker is a meme movie and his performance in it is over-the-top.

My point was bragging about meme awards is dumb, but at least Adam actually deserves his and gets sincere praise.

On his neck.

Attached: EDWbccrWsAASZMn.jpg (2048x1437, 299K)

I don't care about incels, but Adam has been giving the best performances for awhile. I know most of these fake-ass award shows don't' usually care about real talent, so it would be really nice for them to finally award a worthy performance for once.

Ha ha ha, Joaquin got the same amount of praise if not even more for his performance in a clown movie, but ok, keep living in a dream world

Yeah, fake overhyped praise because of a meme movie. The only sincere critiques I've found that aren't fishing for clickbait say he over does it. But that's what people think talent is these days: who can cry or shout the hardest!

who's more triggered by this movie, SJWs or Maveldrones?

He's a chosen one

Here on Yea Forums? I think it's one guy. I hope he's getting paid because this level of obsession isn't healthy

Wtf, where is RDJ?? He is literally the best current working actor!! He will win best actor 2020!! Driver and Phoenix are shit, even Russo’s said that he deserves an Oscar for the role of Tony Stark!!!!

How can Adam Driver be taken seriously as an actor when he's starring in the new Star Wars trilogy, perhaps the most glaring example of soulless corrupt corporate Hollywood greed.

You sound like a snob that no one should take seriously. He's a good actor and is doing a good job in Star Wars. He should have gotten an Oscar of his Kylo Ren performance in TLJ. Who cares if it's SW? If the performance is good, it's good.

Because he's on stage and also works on indies.

Because he can act and he does his job very well in NuWars, unlike his colleagues

Why does this board claim to be redpilled when all you discuss is literal garbage awards, gossip and capeshit.
Can you riddle me that?

He's in Disney Wars kek the mouse wins again

>He should have gotten an Oscar of his Kylo Ren performance in TLJ
Ok, kid, whatever you say

I wish people actually cared about and talked about movies and acting here. It's just shitposting and memes.

She unironically is bad in everything

For what? The most he has done cinematically is Kylo ren and fucking paterson

Chris Scorsese is a hack

>plebs arguing with eachother about their (((((awards))))))
fucking hell

Again, you sound like someone no one should take seriously if you are this close-minded and desperate for validation.

His performance in TLJ was insanely good, I don't care if it was in the most obscure indie or the biggest blockbuster. good acting is good acting. But if you look at his past roles, you would know he has worked with some prestigious people and started in theatre. So that's maybe why some snobby people like you are able to "take him seriously" despite the blockbuster role.

You can't have a thread about Driver without roasties, triggered incels and capeshitters jumping in.

Because this board and internet is full of memeing zoomers who consistently have the most shit taste possible. He hasn't even been in anything good besides Paterson.

I was the one who was saying that awards are memes nowadays and rarely go to people who deserve them. And Adam Driver has had an amazing career so far outside of SW. Educate yourself first before speaking on his career.

>it's not even an actual award
JUST

>And Adam Driver has had an amazing career so far outside of SW
No he hasn't he's been in tons of shit movies like that soderberg garbage, Paterson is his only good indie film

Adam Driver is a good actor, though.

>i'm just going to samefag and repeat myself

Thanks for proving me right. You sound so intelligent and informed.

>I don't care if it was in the most obscure indie or the biggest blockbuster. good acting is good acting
>yea, fake overhyped praise in a meme movie
B-but user, I thought that you don’t care if it’s a meme movie! Wtf?

Joker's oscar chances went from slim to none

DCucks BTFO

>does his job well in nuwars
lmao dude just speaks through his nose and makes constipated faces.
Is that what constitutes good acting these days?

meant to quote
He has worked with Spike Lee, Terry Gilliam, Martin Scorcese, Cling Eastwood, Jarmusch, Baumbach and half of them say he's the best actor of his gen. He also does theater and got a Tony nom recently and started in theatre. He always gives a good performance and manages to be compelling even in more reserved roles.

This mutt has never been in a good movie. Off yourself.

Which had absolutely nothing to do with his shitty new movie

Spike lee is a fucking hack that is given awards because hes a nigger
Terry Gilliam is full of himself and hasn't made a good flick in foerver
scoresese is fucking hack and overrated reddit garbage
clint eastwood should stop making films because he is a bland director

I never said I didn't care if it was a meme movie, I said the only reason he is getting so much praise is because of the meme movie.

SW didn't get any meme awards, now did it? Because of snobs like you.

It's always hilarious seeing DCucks come up with bullshit excuses

>lmao
>dude constipated
>nigger hack
>mutt off yourself

You all sound so intelligent. You must be very informed and really care about acting and movies. I'm totally going to take you seriously and so will the rest of the world.

Fucking hell, Phoenix and Driver are both amazing actors, why are you so retarded? And simple reminder that Rami Malek won last year, so anything is possible now

You sound like you belong on reddit for defending literally spike lee and other hack fucks just because they made one or two good movies decades ago

It was the Volpi or the Lion
when he didn't win the Volpi, you got too cocky

Attached: Venice.jpg (720x264, 20K)

You sound desperate for validation and like a meming zoomer you claim to hate so much. You also sound very ignorant. It's clear you don't actually care about acting or movies, but at least be honest about it.

>the only reason he is getting so much praise is because of the meme movie
Why are you so retarded? He is getting so much praise because it’s an Oscar bait role, he is an amazing actor and he is a pro in playing psychos. Educate yourself, you pig fuck

I do care a lot about acting and movies that's why I'm not defending post 2010 Scorsese or Spike Lee garbage

>Oscar bait role

A meme movie that people can write click-bait articles of the alt-right, stop being so disingenuous, you know better.

>amazing actor

Debatable.

>pro in playing psychos

Tranlastion: overacting, but that's what people like you think good acting is.

More like you pretend you care because you are desperate for validation. Probably to compensate because you are insecure about your obvious ignorance if I had to take a guess.

dude just admit you literally eat up everything you are told to and still think awards are honest
you're a fucking idiots delight and you belong on /r/movies or various shitty youtube comments sections

>REEEE Adam Driver is the best actor reee
>Lost the Volpi cup to Italian literally who Marten Iden
I understand your pain user, but stop being so pathletic

Joaquin is better than Driver (*currently*)
He should have his Oscar for Master
I’m sureDriver will win in future

Driver is also daddy goals af, fuck the girl out of me adam

>After the awards ceremony, jury member Mary Harron said, “They took a comic book mythology that has been done in so many ways and overturned it and revitalized it for now” with compassion. Harron was also very impressed with “the magnificent performance” of Phoenix. She added that the rules here prevented giving Joker both the Golden Lion, and the acting prize
Disneycucks BTFO again, nothing new here

Reminder that the only people on this board who are slobbering with praise for Driver are mentally ill femanons who used to spam their reylo general on Yea Forums and 4plebs.

These threads are made by femanons and they're the only ones who care about this garbage.

I have been saying awards never go to who deserves them anymore this entire thread.

>awards mean you are the best actor

That's not how it works anymore 90% of the time. Adam already has a Volpi and he didn't get it because of an overhyped "oscarbait" meme movie, either.

Sign: teenager incel

He's gotten tons of meme awards already and is poised to get more noms

Driver is DADDY though. He would fuck the tranny out of me till I became a real man

Good, they went to someone and will be going to someone who deserves them.

Reminder that nobody triggers incel rage like Adam Driver

What’s the difference?

>He should have gotten an Oscar of his Kylo Ren performance in TLJ
Bro, you just posted cringe

What’s left to say about screenshit? It’s boring

>reee awards means nothing
>reee critics who praises Phoenix means nothing because they are overreacting
>but critics who praises Driver are cool guys and I believe them because I think that Driver is best actor
Ok, nice logic there

How does daddy trigger incel rage? Driver is the incel who grew up to become #daddygoals and fucks femboys and traps like me on the daily. He said a fucking chad and I need his seed

And Rdj should win an Oscar for his portrayal of Tony Stark!! I CRIED when he died!! Also he can act only with his eyes, it’s unbelievable! And i don’t care that it’s capeshit, good performance is a good performance

He triggers incel rage because incels are jealous instead of looking up to him.

>bro cringe

What an intelligent and well-thought out post.

>this whole board basically

I said awards rarely go to who deserves them nowadays. I also said that he's getting praise because he's in a clickbait meme movie and the only person who wasn't fishing for clickbait and spewing buzzwords called him out on his overacting. Driver is a good actor.

Do you want anything else cleared up?

Kylo Ren is a much better character than Tony Stark

>Roasties larping as trannies
Now I've seen everything.

>some jew won over other jew in Jews Jewing Jews Awards
Who honestly cares

He seems more like an idol for what they could be come

Doesn’t it suck males can’t bear children. His potent seed would fill my boipussy and create some Chad babies

t. on hormones, wide boi driver is fuckimg cute

t.
Male, femboy, nuking liver with hormones
I boymode every day hoping no one will out me so I just avoid faggots irl

This is him in high school. Hard to believe one day he would make legions of women cream in their panties.

Attached: IMG_20190916_215434.jpg (1080x969, 208K)

Every canadian I've ever met is based but the ones in Toronto and Vancouver seem to make Jew York look normal.

>His performance in TLJ was insanely good
LMAO yes his spastic tantrums surely evoked a lot of memories for you. I recognize you now, you’re a Reyloshitter
Newsflash, since you haven’t seen any of the movies you’re referencing: Driver was awful in Midnight Special and BlacKlansman, mediocre in Logan Lucky, Lincoln, and Llewyn Davis, a big nothing in Don Quixote and J. Edgar, and just okay in Silence. He’s horrid in those dreck NuWars flicks, consistently plays the same awkward autist, and the only thing I’ve seen him be even remotely compelling in was Paterson. Dude’s career should’ve peaked with Gayby

Attached: 0B5A2894-3C03-4163-9071-2F19DBEA5960.jpg (1125x1378, 1001K)

Proof that frame > face.

BOYEGA DESERVED ALL THOSE VOTES, NOT HIM!

I want to extend an olive branch to the sincere Pheonix fans. I'm sure he's an alright actor, it's just frustrating to watch this whole circus every year as someone who actually cares about integrity. In my defense, OP was the one who brought Adam Driver up for (You)s. It's also frustrating as I truly consider him one of the only actors with integrity who actually cares for his craft and I genuinely think he deserves these awards as he is immensely talented even in small roles.

I hope this board gets some quality posting some day. I'll take my leave here.

Here's your (you) incel

The memers and shitposters can kiss my ass, btw. Okay, I'm actually leaving now. Deuces.

Attached: 1518134073638.jpg (640x603, 30K)

Not any of them, but you sound hurt about words

Bro immaa dude
But wtf
I guess he cuts a very good frame
And has nice long hair
I’d probably fuck his boipussy

I can’t even tell which posts are satire anymore. Hopefully both

>Toronto Film Festival
lol who cares

Robert Pattinson is the better version of Driver.
It’s pretty appalling Phoenix hasn’t won Oscar yet but i agree it’s partly his role choices

Lmao, way off base - I’ve had sex with two different girls in the last three days. Keep plunging your artificial vagina to this hatchet face, though - no skin off my ass

>Robert Pattinson is the better version of Driver
Now this I agree with

Driver has more range than Pattinson.

Are you sure they were girls?

Pattinson is babby's first meme actor.

>omg he was in Twilight, but he's actually a good actor!

He's for entry level hipsters who want to appear like real cinephiles. Yuck. He's overrated, btw.

So is Kylo a legit good actor? Only other place I've seen him is in Silence and didn't really get a strong opinion one way or the other.

Keep dreaming kek

Go to bed, Robert.

>jennifer lopez in something shitty
get the fuck out of here

Attached: 58492_15826.png (320x240, 100K)

He is. Yea Forums hates him because he's in NuWars and he's got a weird face and hadn't he become a famous actor he would be shitposting on this board like an incel.

The comparison was made because they’ve followed similar paths. I’m not stating Pattinson is the best of his time, I’m bringing him up in the company of driver. Are you retarded user?

>dark hair
>tall

That's it.

>Based on write-in votes
What?

>1 (singular) festival

Uh what? Who?

there's no Best Performance award at the TIFF

He worked with the Coen bris before J.J. even sniffed at his direction.
And now he already managed to work with Steven Spielberg, Noah Baumbach, Jeff Nichols, Jim Jarmusch, Martin Scorsese, Steven Soderbergh, Terry Gilliam, Leos Carax and Spike Lee among others, using his SW fame to get funding from studios to make all these precious films, literally saving the medium.
The definition of based.

Based Sandler killing it again.
Uncut Gems is not part of that at all.

Attached: 5297274-6304711-Giving_chase_Sandler_was_seen_wearing_a_fashionable_mustard_yell-a-91_1540246947427. (634x879, 113K)

It’s just an opinion from critics from Indiewire who were at TIFF and saw the movies

>according to critics
OH NO NO NO
indiewire.com/2019/09/tiff-2019-critics-survey-toronto-best-films-performances-parasite-adam-driver-1202174083/

>The comparison was made because they’ve followed similar paths.

That's exactly why it's a shitty, shallow comparison. Just because they've followed similar paths doesn't mean they are similar otherwise. And my original post stands. Pattinson is insanely overrated because hipsters want to appear knowledgeable. He's really not that great.

What did you think, dumb civilian hobos attend TIFF and make these lists?

>Driver
>literally saving the medium

This. Based.

>he worked with this, this, this and that good directors oh la la he is the best
Just a reminder that almost all good actors worked with a bunch of good directors. Driver isn’t special, retard. It isn’t an argument

I hope he becomes big enough so producers and directors come up with better shit if they want him to play a character in their movie.

anyone can attend TIFF

We should have an Adam Driver general to discuss his career without turbofaggot incels triggered by NuWars derailing the thread.

My original post included “better version of___” for this reason.
You’re making a fool of yourself user.

Pattinson Is a better actor than driver regardless of whatever hipster bs you’re accusing me of. Come back in 10 years and see.

Well, according to this thing Joker is also the 2nd best directed movie, and Parasite is not going to the Oscars anyway
So according to OP Todd Phillips is gonna win best director

Attached: 9283924.jpg (609x306, 60K)

>TIFF
lmao!

Attached: 1567881386511.png (1280x800, 960K)

Who said he was special? I'm saying he is a good actor yeah

Delusional hipster pls go.

Yes, they were pretty cute, both 7.5-8.5/10. I don’t live in Toronto so I never encounter trannies outside discussions of “Reylo” on imageboards

Parasite is going for Oscars. Korea submitted it and Neon is doing a big campaign.

I wish we could.

I love how you keep throwing in Baumbach like anyone’s supposed to give a shit. Neither he nor Gerwig have ever made a real film

Woah so it won some meme award, call me when he wins a fucking Golden Lion

There are 3 more months of films to be released and every single Oscar bait flick gets released at the end of the year.

it'll probably be relegated to foreign film, as usual

>Todd Phillips is gonna win best director
If this happens, some MCUck is going to commit actual suicide. I saw how they reacted in this board when Suicide Squad won one oscar before the MCU, it'll happen

It’s going to the foreign film section most likely, with Portrait of the lady on fire and all that stuff

>we should have a thread where we can schlick to pictures of his grotesque gyno goblin face
FTFY, reylo scum

Cuaron and Pawlikowski were both nominated for director last year. Bong might be this year, the film is extremely accessible.

even if Phoenix' performance was inferior he would win over Driver, because the academy would favor Phoenix

We should make one and see how it goes. Either it turns into a Reylo general or incel seethe fest.

Based. Also he literally didn’t even win a meme award - this is LITERALLY just an empty “IndieWire.com” survey hahahaha

Sure, he was talking about best director. Parasite has a chance to get a nomination there.

And the Academy doesn't like capeshit. Black Panther is the only exception because Twitter were about to hang them all if they didn't give it something.

Thinking driver is better than Pattinson, kek
Enjoy watching Episode 9 boomer!

Seethe manlet

>Wtf, where is RDJ?? He is literally the best current working actor!!
You know he won't work very much once the marvel movies are finished. Right?

What does Yea Forums think of trannies?

Attached: 1373851632936.gif (265x257, 1.78M)

Just a reminder that JOJO RABBIT won TIFF audience choice so it’s officialy the best movie of the year and it’s gonna be nominated for like 10 Oscars. Marriage story and all other flicks BTFO

correct, they only like capekino, which is why they've already given an Oscar to a Joker, and every movie with Joker wins an Oscar

>Toronto Film Festival
toronto festival full of sjws, POC's, gays, diversityfags etc, the list goes on. It's a total shitshow there, no surprise "marriage story" won it.

*sigh* ok i'll say it

YIKES

>all these weird words

Heath Ledger gave one of the best performances of the decade and he had to literally DIE first in order for them to actually give an Oscar for capeshit

Anyone seen Waves? is it any good? i see two black couples and romantic plot but could be interesting. Guess we wait a few more months until a rip is availalble.

>Heath Ledger gave one of the best performances of the decade
just like Joaquin
we'll see if he dies

Marriage Story didn't win it. Jojo Rabbit did.

I'm down.

You know Twilight is older than NuWars, right? Shit taste and brain damaged, you are. A has-been meme your fave is.

I can't believe I thought he was talking about Adam Sandler for a second. It seemed so retarded that it had to be true.

Late, but I wanted to clarify that I'm not taking back what I said about Phoenix, he's overacting and doesn't deserve these awards as he's certainly not the best performance in competition and he is getting memed hard. I'm just saying if you sincerely like him and are not memeing, that's cool too.

>didn't even see either movie

Have you seen the film?

I don't need to see the movies to know what caliber of actors they are or to sniff out bullshit reviews from sincere ones.

I will make my final judgement when I do see them, but let's be honest I don't see you telling every Joker memer to stop making these threads or posting because they haven't even seen the movie. We all know why you responded to me.

The prestigious indiewire.com award.

A lot of critics doent like heavy transformation performances from real actors like Phoenix, Oldman, Daniel Day-Lewis or Hoffman. Many critics prefer "naturalistic" performances, what ever that fuck mean. For example the twink peformance from Call Me By Your Name was raved by critics, and the performance is decent at best.

This. Indiewire are faggots, David Ehrlich is a PC pussy