How do major studios drop the ball so hard that the Halo movie never got made?

How do major studios drop the ball so hard that the Halo movie never got made?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Elysium uses some concept ideas from the Halo movie Blomkapf was planning. I think that’s as close as we’ll ever get.

Muh prawns.

>token black gruff sergeant
>strong woman ship captain
>female marines
>united & diverse humanity
it was just popular at the wrong time

It was also heavily reliant on the white male saviour tropes so that’s probably why

>strong
>does nothing and dies

>female marines
>implying there wouldn't be female marines in he event of the earth being invaded by genocidal aliens
>implying there aren't female marines in the current year, let alone the 26th century

cope

i've always wanted to see the original trilogy made into movies. halo 3 was especially kino

Dead reddit meme

Too late now, if they do make one it'll be on 343i's terms with neon pink tranny wog spartans flying around like power rangers and shit

Permission to leave the station.

Attached: 1556400826757.png (960x540, 388K)

They wanted to make it at a time where basically CGI'ing the whole movie wouldn't have been feasible, they probably would've spent $50 million on props alone. Also, The Master Chief was designed to basically be an emotionless husk so the player could more easily self-insert into the first person experience, that's all well and good because they have an interesting backstory explaining why he's basically a robot, but it doesn't make for an interesting film, and even though following a group of ordinary soldiers through a Covenant battle would make for a compelling story, the execs would demand it be about the Master Chief because unfortunately he's the face of the brand.

Attached: Awakening.jpg (1024x904, 550K)

*Halo 2 was especially kino

Relatable protagonists is relatively new as a "rule". There's been emotionless, faceless badasses in films before and they all do fine (look at westerns and 80s action movies for example)

What are some posts that end in 5?

Attached: 1565284308970m.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

adapt ghosts of onyx then. or whichever book had the original spartan III's that went on a suicide mission to destroy a planet or some shit

This. Just make Chief a force of nature tearing through shit, and ease us into him showing emotion as the movie franchise progresses.

Shill me a good western, I'm looking for something to watch.

It's a dead franchise at this point. Who gives a shit? They're 15 years too late

If you have a full day and are willing to invest time and attention, the Dollars trilogy is fucking great and gets better and better with each installment. Otherwise just watch Good, Bad, and Ugly, it acts as a standalone and is one of the best films ever made. Hidden Fortress is a great western in everything but setting.

This. It was a different time

For what purpose chief?

I think doing Fall of Reach/Halo 3: ODST would be kino. Show ODSTs training at the beginning of the film, one of them witnesses the post augmented SPARTAN II child soldiers accidentally kill a squadron of his mates during a sparring session, then during the third act a SPARTAN saves his pinned down squad in New Mombasa by singlehandedly killing an entire Covenant platoon, and the protagonist realizes it's the same kid from training.

Attached: Boot_Camp_Issue_3_cov.jpg (1778x2700, 615K)

I've seen the dollars trilogy, Kino, ill give Hidden Fortress a watch, thanks user.

Attached: boy-with-downs-syndrome-giving-thumbs-up.jpg (884x800, 68K)