Has the best and the most character development in Z

>has the best and the most character development in Z
>has the most creative moves and fights in Z
>never has a dull moment unlike the Freeza or Cell arcs

Does anyone have any actual criticisms of the Buu arc, or is all just "it's too goofy!" or "MUH GOHAN"?

Attached: Majin Vegeta.png (500x281, 188K)

By the time the buu saga came around, they got real lazy with the “this isn’t even my final form” shit.

no

trips confirm
buu saga is kino

This was my favourite arc

Attached: 1533627273913.png (1025x2407, 1.5M)

Better than Cell/Androids, worse than Namek. Buu saga was kino and the humor people complain about is pure soul from OG dragon ball

Buu saga was good but
>muh gohan
Is a what ruined it for me, the way toriyama built up gohan so much then screwed him over was really gay and pretty much ruined it for me. If he didnt build up gohan so much then I wouldnt have cared as much

Gohan was top tier badass when he was 11, but he grew up to be a beta faggot

muh gohan is a legit criticism you homo. you can't build up gohan the entirety of the series, only to be eaten by the guy who he just called a retard earlier. it was ok that gohan had his time with cell, but he was build up as the real deal at the end and during the buu saga only to fucking job. mate, what was the point of the training? what was the point of Vegetta and Goku's fusion if they were not gonna be fusioned together forever because of muh ultra dimensional stomach? the stakes were built and then destroyed so easily.

Yes but this is a shitpost thread not even good enough for Yea Forums

Muh Gohan is legitimate though.

>drags on way too long
>final battle isn’t even with the strongest version of Buu
>super saiyan 3 was useless
>force goten and trunks into the storyline and give them ridiculous power ups but have them contribute nothing
>gohan becomes a pussy
>non Saiyan characters are officially useless

Trunks and Goten being super saiyans was bullshit

This. You can tell when Toriyama got bored or didn't like an idea he already executed. Like in Android/Cell saga, 19 & 20 probably weren't well received, and 16, 17 & 18 were boring so he had to add a third timeline and bring Cell in. That happened way too much in the Buu saga. I still enjoy it and it does have great character moments for Vegeta and Goku, but all the other OG's are thrown to the wayside to make room for Goten, Trunks, Fat Buu and Mr. Satan.

Attached: 1549607022474.gif (500x599, 1.12M)

pretty obvious Toriyama wanted Z to end with Cell Saga. Pockets full of yen made him go with another arc but he totally phoned it in. Vegeta has always been the best character in the series.

Worst mistake Toriyama made was brushing aside the non saiyan characters. The way piccolo becomes a baby sitter is a disgrace. He was a great character till then. DBZ peaked when he fused and fought Android 17. During the android and cell saga, even though the humans became official side characters it still felt as if they were part of the story. Krillin and Tien actually contributed and all the humans during the final battle distracted Cell which helped Gohan. It was a team effort

because Vegeta is the only character who had to experience change and complicated emotions. Goku is a fight autist and has always been a fight autist full confidence. Vegeta wanted to fight because he had something to prove all his life, that his existance meant something. Gohan is just "Goku's son" in terms of development, and Piccolo finished his character arc at the end of the Saiyan saga. Tien is a Vegeta-light that we didn't get to see to much and Krillin is just a normal person who became a family man.

Mr. Satan is toriyama's magnum opus

>Krillin and Tien actually contributed
Krillin made it infinitely worse by not blowing up 18 and allowing Cell an opportunity to become perfect, and in the father son Kamehameha the z fighters did nothing, Vegeta did all the work distracting Cell. Humans had been useless since the Ginyu force

>>never has a dull moment
Th entire saga is a dull moment

Remember when they built up supreme kai as such a powerful being that even piccolo was afraid of only to turn him into a pussy that’s weaker than all the saiyans

>Worst mistake Toriyama made was brushing aside the non saiyan characters
Let's be honest, he pretty much did that as soon as King Piccolo showed up. The whole thing about Roshi failing and Tien mastering the Mafuba amounted to nothing. He couldn't even get past Drum.

Yeah it didn't make any sense because he was way weaker than Gohan and Piccolo had already seen how powerful that kid was. A lot about that saga doesn't make any sense.
>We can't let Babidi get energy for Buu
>So we're just going to let these guys absorb all this energy for Buu and follow them
Was that really the best plan they could come up with?

1. Frieza saga
2. Saiyan saga
3. Android saga (everything from trunks intro to cell reaching perfect)
GAP
4. Buu saga
5. Cell saga (announcement of cell games to cells death)
GAP
Garlic jr

I thought it was kinda cool that in this little pocket of the universe the remaining Saiyans had quietly gained so much strength they surpassed the god of the universe. Saiyans had natural raw strength and dormant potential. This potential was tapped into with the help of alien technology, and human martial arts training and philosophy. I felt like watching all of the ridiculous powerups they got throughout the run of the show finally culminated into something and made sense, we were witnessing the birth of new godlike figures. Goku was no longer the savior of the world or surrounding planets, but the entire universe. It was a natural progression that DBS kinda went in the "gods" direction, even though I didn't like the execution. They just added more god forms and tiers and the significance was lessened.

Attached: 1552280234128.gif (540x304, 1.98M)

what happened to the other thread

The biggest problems with the buu saga are much gohan and... Buu.

It was really lame watching better villains like dabora just get axed for buu.

>never has a dull moment unlike the Freeza or Cell arcs
literally every moment past Buu making his house is dull

Great Saiyaman Arc was kino. Watching Gohan trying to fit in in school and all these horny girls wanting a crumb of his Saiyan dick

the super buu part was all around retarded
>gohan achieves his ultimate form and beats the shit out of buu for 20 minutes
>gets eaten
>goku and vegeta fuse together and toy with buu for 40 minutes
>get eaten
come the fuck on

I dont understand the love for Vegeta sacrificing himself. I love the character, but its so fucking bad and loses all its weight when like 3 seconds later Buu is back.

It deflates everthing. At least when Goku did it with Radditz he stayed dead. The entire thing is a big wet fart on Vegeta.

>he stayed dead.

Attached: 1567883915163.jpg (796x960, 34K)

TOKI WA MICHITE OMESHIA OMESHIA-RA

Attached: ssj2.png (1250x914, 1.24M)

No SS3 was just the exact right amount. Krillen chuckling "Ha-ha what would that make him double ascended Super Saiyan" then the subsequent characters reactions on the look out are supposed to mimmic the viewers reactions. It's just the right amount of absurd.

It was the end of a character arc spanning years, with a literal explosive finnish. Even if in the end he wasn't strong enough. Sacrificing yourself is no guarantee of success.

It was explosive, sure. It was a finish. Not at all. For neither of them.

Buu Saga for the most part is pretty good until Gohan jobs and Goku & Vegeta come back. Now I don't mind so much Gohan jobbing though I would prefer he wouldn't, it's more the saga just seems to start really dragging at that point.
First Gotenks gets eaten like a retard, then Gohan, then Vegito lets himself get eaten for some reason and we have the whole inside Buu's Body thing which felt like a waste-of-time side-show. And the Kid Buu battle imo wasn't as good as the other end-of-arc battles in the series. Only GOAT part there was Vegeta's acceptance of Goku.

Yeah, Supreme Kai was the worst part of that arc.
The anime adaptation paints him as some like smug bad-ass at the Budokai Tenkaichi and then once they get to Babidi's Compound he just becomes so scaredy-pants beta the entire time looking shocked and afraid the whole time. His plan of having Babidi's men take Gohan's energy so they can track down Babidi's base was really retarded too.

Too long and Buu is too OP.

>Original DBZ is now called "buu arc"
Haha fuck..Toriyama should've ended it in '95