Any kinos about millenials being irresponsible?

Any kinos about millenials being irresponsible?

Attached: 1568595309750.png (865x679, 692K)

Attached: fyre.jpg (675x1000, 168K)

Donations? Let me guess, to a bunch of attorneys pretending to stop global warming, safe the oppressed puppies and kitties, reducing the carbon footprint, and stopping the chinese from beating up buddhist monks in tibet.

>100k/yr and paying rent
>good with money
ok. also how often does this nigga clean his house

Donations.....WHAT?

>donations

Attached: 1441441266837.png (1106x1012, 660K)

>health insurance $270
what a faggot

Attached: 1520582843424.gif (215x235, 985K)

Probably so they end up paying less in taxes.

>donations
LOL fuck off

Weed. I usually just put 'hobby' on my spreadsheets but to each their own.

> $200 utils
> $20 internet
> $30 house cleaner

What the fuck am I even reading here.

>Being irresponsible
Did you not see the total monthly spending? The guy is saving $50,000 a year on a $100,000 salary.

Live cams are you donating to a single mom to support her drug habit

donations to twitch thots

>$20 internet
how

Attached: 1532172834019.jpg (660x574, 31K)

This is the best guess of what things cost of an old boomer who hasn't had to manage money since they were 16 because back then they could live off one minimum wage job. They might have been able to pay for university tuition with one minimum wage job if they're old enough. Truly the most entitled people still alive.

That's net, not gross. On a 100,000$ salary you're looking at 40,000$ of that going to taxes easy.

>rent $800
shit if only, the cheapest around here is 1200 and that gets you a studio appartment

Oh jesus christ the 30 year old boomer thing is just a meme.

I refuse to ever pay rent. I'm 25 and will live with my parents until I can make a downpayment on a house. I pay the utilities instead.

I worry about being alone, though. I'd hate to come home to an empty house for the rest of my life.

>Health Insurance: $270

???? Americans explain

To ADL and SPLC.

>$825 on rent
where does this guy live, bumfuck Kansas?

I'm talking about 50+, like the retards that work at CNBC

Living along is amazing. Do FHA loan with a down but be picky. Skip the whole roommate meme altogether.

>rent $825
Where can a 25 year old live to have a $100k job and only pay $825 in rent?
>health insurance $270
Why is a 25 year old not still on theor parent's plan?

ye maybe in sweden you fucking retard

Shit my bad, user.

They had some connections and got a very good deal for minimal coverage

my apartment in pittsburgh rn is only $500/mo

>$100k a year

A fucking 25 year old earning that is not the majority of the population.

Assuming you didn't fall for the college meme and hopped straight to IT after high school, you could be making ~150k/yr telecommuting and paying rent in bumfuck nowhere.

it's not?

what kind of dude who makes 100k is only spending 800 rent??? that bitch is living in a city and hes spending 2,000 bucks at least

Nah usually boomer means like 30 year olds now so understandable. I think actual baby boomers are like 70 or 80 anyway, so I'm not using it correctly either.

You keep that sass to yourself missy.

alright, so bumfuck PA, still makes sense

Fuck me. Sysadmining for 10+ years and lucky to break 40k. I'm getting raped but didn't know it was to that extreme.

>he doesn't have a job that's 300k starting

lmao at your life

>>health insurance $270
>what a faggot
I was briefly on Obamacare and it still cost me $550 a month.

Eh, wouldn’t really wanna live in a giant city. More expensive and people per capita seem more miserable in them.

>be 28
>make 90k as software dev, asked for raise to 100k and it'll likely happen
>just bought house
>none of this matters because I've never had a gf and everything I do feels empty

Attached: 1532909129978.gif (785x757, 90K)

the article that went along with the chart was even worse. the guy in question lives with 4 other roommates.

>it still cost me $550 a month.
who the fuck would pay that

Attached: cal the based god.jpg (2700x1800, 1010K)

>just bought house
where can you actually buy a house on 90k

Attached: muh senate.jpg (753x816, 55K)

>only make 200k working a 80 week
>can barely afford to keep my e-girls funded on twitch

Attached: 2074ce04749f80d9a5ced8d5a626aac774a6d1e1215692603409e6855c1dd1eb.jpg (389x379, 41K)

>Assuming you didn't fall for the college meme
kek I got a BS in computer science and made $60k straight out of college (with a $12k bonus) at 22yo, and easy as fuck to move up the chain doing what I love until I had to quit for medical reasons and don't know when I'll be able to work again :)

At least I'm not this retard

I live in utah and have friends buying houses on an 80k combined salary.

Well that makes the $20 internet make sense but that's a fuck ton of money for utilities.

Eh it's what I get for believing the 'experience is all you need' meme.

Rate my budget as an irresponsible 26 year old.
>Roughly $130k/yr income
>$950 single bedroom apartment
>$80 electricity
>$70 phone bill
>$70 internet
>$30 gas
>$250 food
>$100 eating out
>$130 insurance
>~$200 on entertainment

Just be a slav.

Wilmington NC

I bought it for 250k. I have coworkers who make much less than me who have bought or are going to buy too

If you make this much and can't find a woman, just end it, bro. Bitches love money. You should almost be able to flat-out buy a 7-8 chick a couple years younger than you with that much money at 28.
Nurses, in particular, are a great group for that income. You make more than you, but they can still contribute and a lot tend to be cute. Doctor's these days marry hot female doctors, because they are all over the place.

I'm 27 years old and still live with my mom cause there's no fucking way I'm ever gonna be able to afford a house in SoCal, lmao.

Only downside is working around that excuse with women. I would live with my parents until they croaked desu, problem is women hate it.

Lol what

Not how that works

>donations
That’s a no for me dog. Fuck poor niggers. I do want to know how they’re paying under $100 for their cell phone and internet though.

he put the dollar sign in the wrong spot. he's a eurocuck

>spend money so I have to pay less money

Attached: drooling retard.jpg (570x587, 30K)

I don't think you understand. Many moderately wealthy people buy hookers. Thing is because of your career choice finding a lover who actually likes you is very, very, hard.

Buying a home is a meme desu

In college they told us that second and third employers would want to see our GPAs, which of course I thought was absolute bullshit because at that point you have years of experience, until I was looking to change jobs and positions that assumed 5+ years of experience still required an official transcript. It's retarded desu, a portfolio and experience and recommendations should be plenty. Who cares if I almost failed History of Jazz because I never showed up?

I'm a 25 yo millionaire and I live at home. If you pay rent you are directly financing the illegitimate state of Israel. Consider your spending carefully.

Buying phones straight up with a shitty but practical cell phone service.

Im 23 and go to college. Its either rent or i go back to leeching off my parents.

That’s our great Affordable Health Care Act that Obama fought tooth and nail for. What a savior he is!

I don't tell women how much I make in an effort to get them to like me

I'd rather be alone than be stuck in a relationship with someone who doesn't appreciate me and who I don't enjoy being around

The donations thing on here is fucking stupid. Nobody fucking donates. That 25 year old should take all of that donation money and use it for his own savings.

It’s either that or get fucked during tax season.

>615
>donations
Fake and gay news
Assuming I paid for most other things (270 a month is like maybe 20 uber rides) as charted, I'd probably spend $150/m on pet food and care and blow the rest getting pussy

>100k annual income
>800 month rent

I know home ownership is not for everyone but at that fucking point wouldn’t you want to put money into something that’s building equity?

Fuck I made barely a third of this and pay 800 and I live in a basement. How can you not clean your own house? How is transportation so low? I think i’m Well below average for transportation because I work on my own car and ride a bike everywhere but I probably spend 5x that.

Who makes this shit

>I don't tell women how much I make in an effort to get them to like me

You fucking autist, you don't have to

He is making 50k in savings pr yr with this method.

nobody actually likes anyone anymore, least of all after being in a relationship with them for several months or years; mostly because everyone is a fat shit these days. this is why sex workers are on the rise and men are increasingly disinterested in women.

That's what I thought lol

>$400 in groceries
>$250 in dining out
>excellent with money

I must be doing something wrong because I only spend like $80 on groceries and maybe another $80 on dining out.

$30 for monthly deep cleans. Maids don't actually move your shit around because they don't want to disturb anything that should be there. So they clean around it.

$30 a month for deep cleans is well worth it, mainly due to dust.

You're poor. That's the difference. I spend about $800 a month easy between groceries and dining out.

you are doing something wrong. you're not making six figures and living with 4 roommates.

Dude, your clothes, car and apartment can do that for you.

This. I date a ton and it’s insanely easy to meet new women on dating apps but they’re also just swiping left and right too. You’ll date one for a few weeks, they find a new connection on an app and think grass is greener on the other side, and both sides move on. Everybody just ends up being single and miserable and ugly by 34 and then they settle with the “safe” pick out of practicality.

IT hiring is a shit show like none other though. People laugh about the nonsensical requirements like wanting 10 years of experience in a five year old technology but it's not even a joke. Almost every other hr posted listing is like that.

Sex workers are on the rise due to heavy work loads and tech careers. You get paid a lot but end up wasting the most valuable resource of all.

As long as you are a self centered sociopath it doesn't matter though.

Shouldn't you be tipping a Twitch streamer, lil zoom?

I get cable, 3 phone lines and 50Mbps (actual, not theory) for $35/mo.

>imagine trying to impress people this hard
Lafin’ at you because you’re just as kissless and single as the lot of us no matter what stupid trendy restaurants you frequent

>mfw 22 and make 400k a year freelance programming 10 hours a week
>mfw 9/10 gf and 3 different side bitches live in my 5 bed/6 bath house I had built a few months ago

WHERE IS RENT 825 LMAO

I still rent because I make a lot more money jumping jobs every 2 - 3 years. The flexibility of renting is king. If I had to deal with selling my home and the closing costs every time I'd be losing money, not mentioning the loss of opportunity. You still have things like property taxes, maintenance and HOA fees that lower the value of owning a home in my specific circumstance.

>rent $825
>internet $20
>cellphone $40
>health insurance $270
Where does this 25 year old live? Not in America.

Pittsburgh is ranked as one of the cheapest places to live in America because no one wants to live there.

It's not impressive, it's reality. Gf's birthday was last week and our meal was $650. That's more than you will spend on groceries in a few months. It isn't right or wrong, it's just the reality of different salaries.

TAXATION IS THEFT

I'LL BUILD MY OWN ROADS

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Attached: 1512847713982.gif (165x115, 482K)

>Sysadmining for 10+ years and lucky to break 40k.
Buddy, I've been in IT for a month and I'm making more than that. What are you doing wrong? Your employer has some explaining to do. Guarantee everyone else in your company is making 6 figures and laughing at you.

how do medical reasons make you quit a fucking desk job? people are so goddamn useless these days

So this comment demonstrates how you can be really intelligent with practical matter, but utterly retarded with social ones. Which is because of people graduating with careers in their early 20's rather than foster relationships and talking to people.

You are only young once and it becomes harder and harder to find people and form connections with them. Especially if you aren't a social butterfly.

>Gf's birthday was last week and our meal was $650
I can go to 3 star Michelin place for two people at that price or cheaper lmao.

Likely "depression" and "suicidal thoughts" I will work until I'm dead. Fuck medical issues.

This is retarded. The idea that $100,000 per annum is average for 25 year olds in the contemporary economy is patently fuckng insane. It's more like $30,000-$40,000.

>800 on rent
Where does this guy live, the congo?

Attached: 1535608298767.png (897x698, 571K)

It was a two Michelin star place. Includes tax, tip, alcohol pairings and 9 courses.

HR kills companies. Find a smaller company where HR doesn't run the hiring process. My last company lost so many highly qualified candidates because of arbitrary HR requirements that didn't make sense but it was company policy that HR write the requirements.

Most people making $100k are doing it in places where a house costs 1.5 million and you could be fired at any moment and have to move across the country. Don't be confused by salary

Fucking what? No he wouldn't

Pays his mom to clean his apartment

What place exists where $100,00 is possible but only

my brother moved in with my parents and his useless fucking wife loves it

My mortgage is $628

I can't help but think living in the city is just the biggest meme

Attached: 1533278075080.png (480x480, 299K)

No fucking 25 year old makes $100,000 annually anyway. Fucking fantasy

Gib

i'm convinced this retarded picture was made to make 25yos feel like they need to spend 2 to 3 gs a month to feel "normal" - which is what normal people are addicted to: feeling normal. just more propaganda from tptb to keep regular people poor

tldr you are a fucking retard if you spend 3 grand a month just because, even if you make 100/yr

cope

Probably a tech career, this shit isn't uncommon anymore. It really should be coupled with depression, no social life, and 40+ hour work weeks though with no job security though.

100K ISNT WHAT IT USED TO BE

UH MILLYONAIRE DOESNT MEAN WHAT IT DID BACK IN THE DAY

Where are you living you absolute madman. I live in studio apartment in inner London which has one of the most hectic real estate markets of any major city and my rent is £600 a month

When people are living paycheck to paycheck and are taking 30 year auto loans getting the downpayment together isn't always easy.

If I had to quantify my monthly drug expenses for a cable news channel, I'd probably call them donations.

My brother was making 110k as a pharmacist in the Midwest at 25

guys, please stop turning me into a fascist

Money opens a lot of doors. There's a peak somewhere down the line but I would vacation every 3 month and travel every "day off" out of state if I could.

>30 year auto loans
I want to meet the car salesman who got you to sign that.
>Sir, your car has been rust for the last 10 years but you still owe $8,000 on it.

cheap skate

Really? In parts of socal you need $1,500 for a one bedroom in the fucking suburbs

Was making more than that at 24 as a consultant.

I made 160k at 25 in tech and I'm by far lowest earning of my social group (220-500k).

Kek you wh*te bois still got a bunch of tinyass peepees doe

realistically, for the sake of the argument...

splits a nice place with 2-3 people:
rent is 2500-3000
internet is 60-80
yea the phone one is bullshit unless they're on daddy's plan which they probably are because this scenario was created by some stupid faggot millennial anyway
yeah the insurance is bullshit too unless they work for a hospital, even then 60/week is cheap, that would be absolute barebones almost anywhere

a lot do, but they live in cities where rent is 800 a week not a month

lmao bro you're a fuckin fag. 2-300 maybe I get but 650???? this girl has you by the balls, i'm taking your man card

BEST TO BUY IT CASH BUT MORTGAGE IS ALWAYS PREFERABLE TO RENT

OFTEN ITS ABOUT THE SAME MONTHLY FOR SIMILAR QUALITY PROPERTY EXCEPT YOU GET EQUITY

>$30,000-$40,000
Most people under 30 where I live are making around $12-$13/ hour. The national average I believe is around $17 for all workers.

Absolutely. In my limited experience, it's really a matter of getting through the HR filter and getting on the phone/in a room with an actual dev manager or someone like that. Either you'll get across that you know your shit and their insane "requirements" won't matter, or you'll discover they actually are that retarded and shouldn't take the job whether they want you or not
This too. While I did have to talk to HR first for my second job, they seemed unimpressed and said a manager would call me next. The next call was from a VP who wanted me on his personal team. I guess the HR person passed along enough of my answers related to enterprise architecture that I jammed in there (dynamic microservices! Docker! Kubernetes! AWS! etc)

I guess Yea Forums is an upper middle class board. That explains a lot

"donations" = shortcut for "cocaine"

stop living in overpopulated coastal hellholes

trendy fags in cities split homes with roommates, no one is paying 3000 by themselves cause then they cant afford tickets to the imagine dragons concert at msg

Bought a house on $38K a year in Minnesota

The American housing market was a mistake

That's middle depending on where you live. Where that is upper middle the jobs are harder to find and/or different.

What? It was as much for me as it was for her. It also cost about ~4% of what I make in a month.

>$400 for groceries
Jesus.

>donations
Was this pie chart made for the purpose of trying to popularize/normalize the idea of giving a chunk of your salary to charity, and fund organisations that hardly spend any money on the cause they claim to oppose and instead give themselves a very comfortable salary.

>Donations.....WHAT?

Attached: 1441010057678.gif (501x585, 15K)

>rent $825
>donations $615

Being a journalist must be fun. You literally make up shit and it doesn't even have to match.

yea and full responsibility for all appliances and structural upkeep, association fees, property taxes, lawncare duties etc etc etc owning a home is just as cucked as renting because the system is fucked, anyone who disagrees is a delusional boomer

>100,000$ salary you're looking at 40,000$ of that going to taxes easy.

filing single at 100K you're looking at 27K in taxes, bracket income +FICA + state (for a sane state). Married, with a household income of 100K, you would be looking at something more like 21K - 22K.

now, if you live in Cali or NY, that's a different story.

>For Americans age 25-34, the mean salary is $806.75 per week, or $41,951 per year.

the publix thread is more your speed

State?

No they mean donations to egirls

It's a scam. They draw in IT people with those salaries only to have them realize they will be fucked with insurance, rent, and transportation etc. depending on where they live.

>a lot do

No they fucking don't.

I make $70k and can't afford shit where I live. Hoping for a recession.

Missouri

>move to a boring, culturally decrepit heroin town in bumfuck, nowhere; or,
>move out into the country
most people can't do this, especially millennials who require constant stimulation and "social interaction"

I guess there's just an enormous swathe of the US millennial population living on pittance then, because the mean yearly salary in late 20s is $41,000

Let's see, $600 in donations or hookers, drugs and alcohol?

Im a phd student. My money is shit. I ruined my life. Fuck science.

Isn't the average burger salary like $40k?

Oh no I'm middle class, I'm just surprised at how readily this thread is occupied by what I would call 'toff cunts'

I got accepted to an econ phd program. Shit didn't seem worth it desu. Bailed after I got the masters.

>urban hellhole
>suburban hellhole
>rural hellhole

Attached: 1563560791176.jpg (335x352, 78K)

you're fucking retarded lmao

no they dont, maybe 1 in 10 makes that. 4 out of 5 kids leaving college dont even get work in the field they studied for

I do lol
Hollywood pays me $2500 minimum a week to draw sci-fi shit, usually for Netflix but I've done Paramount and Fox stuff too.
I get to charge rig rental too so they pay me $600 for me to use my own rtx2080 whenever I need to work in-house.

Freelancing is awesome if you have marketable skills.

Ive been spending around $20 per week recently

>there's just an enormous swathe of the US population living on pittance
fixed, most people dont have 500 in the bank

>HE DOESNT BUY EVERYTHING ORGANIC
YIKE!

GET A GOOD INSPECTION AND BUY QUALITY APPLIANCES
TAXATION IS THEFT WEVE BEEN OVER THAT

OWNING IS JUST AS KUCKED AS RENTING SO WHATS BASED GOING HOMELESS LMAO

it's always smarter to donate to charity because it will be tax deductable. So if you hate the government and don't want them to spend all your money on welfare you donate the money to a charity of your choosing. You would be surprised the amount of shit which counts as charity and it also works out if you know people who work for the charity as you will get invited to dinners and shit.

So basically it's better than paying taxes.

I was talking to a friend of mine who has a degree in computer science the other day, about how programming and coding skills are now so valued a commodity that young people, especially, seem to think the key to happiness is being paid out the ass to do incredibly dull shit they hate at terrible convenience for this or that megacorp. As if bubbles don't pop

>Dining out $250
>Transportation $130
>Cell phone: $40
>Internet $20
>DONATIONS $615

Attached: 164126546.gif (268x274, 1.03M)

it's literally all the same. not to be depressed woke guy because i've moved on from that stage and have hope once again, but i've lived all three and they all suck dick for different reasons. true "freedom" and happiness exists only in your mind, not with your "friends" or your great job or anywhere else

Too far along to quit, but i see through everyones bullshit now. Lost all respect for these people. Spineless cunts.

Im thinking of quitting my job and going into IT. Can you gimme a quick rundown of your certs and job you have, how long did it take you to study?

how, plz explain i blow so much on food, like a retard desu

There's a mixture in this thread between shitposters and financially incentivised but ultimately unfulfilled techslaves making six figures in their mid 20s just so they can buy a house and sit in it, alone forever

>rent $825
shit like this makes me glad I went to bumfuck, iowa after graduating school. I pay $400 a month for my own place

>SO WHATS BASED GOING HOMELESS LMAO
sudoku is the only way out

Concept art? I always thought about going into that, and I can draw/use graphics tablets

my buddy said the same, he's a phd and hates basically everything about it, academics is dead

Nice, it is a sweet gig to live in Egypt if you plan on traveling a lot. I'm in a similar situation where the only real issue is commuting.

Yeah true but we're also talking about millennials specifically

>No fucking 25 year old makes $100,000 annually anyway.
Some do, but its mostly because they're out in California, probably working in Tech, and pay $24k/yr in rent, and another $35k/yr in taxes. And so they really aren't much better off than a Registered Nurse in the Midwest making $60k a year thats paying $12k a year on a mortgage (instead of pissing money away on an apartment) and $15k/yr in taxes.

Attached: California.png (888x1192, 174K)

Cope, I make more that than and my house is only a half million

I have 2 kids. They are awesome but expensive as fuck. Paying $1k a month on daycare sucks ass, but it's a religious daycare and he likes it. Get married and have kids. I couldn't care less what my friends or that wine aunt i went to hs with are doing right now.

I smell bullshit. The amount of chinese and korean outsourcing in art fields is absolutely ridiculous.

>just so they can buy a house and sit in it, alone forever
lmfao

I live in Denver and you could probably get a really cheap crappy studio for $800.

Fuck you faggot keep your mouth shut. We got enough people moving to NC as it is.

>He doesn't spend $600/month on Patreon e-thots in exchange for private nudes
What are you, poor?

Not that guy but the only thing that bothers me about your use of money is how much easier and more enjoyable your life would probably be in 10 years if you saved harder.

Honestly I can't wait til the tech bubble pops and all those retards go back to being the shame filled incels they were intended by god to live as

Fellow MO user. I live in what was rated one of the cheapest parts of the country and state and pay $200/mo rent. Midwest is cheap as fuck and its beautiful so I laugh when people complain about not being able to afford anything.

>responsibility for all appliances and structural upkeep
how is this a bad thing?
>association fees
don't buy in a shit association and actually be involved in the HOA
>property taxes
Usually escrow on mortgage if you have one, if not, then it's a few hundred every month, maybe a thousand. if you're paying a thousand a month in property taxes then you're generally living in a very nice house for that area.
>lawncare duties
You learn to love the lawn. fucking dominate your cuck neighbors. I thought it was a boomer thing until I started doing it.
>owning a home is just as cucked as renting
the lack of /diy/ on Yea Forums is sad, but not surprising.,

>donations
Lmao faggots

there's a lot of people moving everywhere desu, because there's always more people. you can't hide from it forever, it is a global issue with humanity that must be faced and dealt with eventually

You could get multiple hot hookers for that much a month.

seething

Mostly my fault for sticking with the cushy job since it affords me a ton of time. I've been able to get by all this time so I was content enough and I still would be but then I had to leave for a year of treatment and drowning in hospital bills so I really have to do better.

I've confronted the manager several times already and even applied for an inside position that would've been a demotion but for more than I make now to get more attention and it pissed him right the fuck off so I'm basically just collecting a paycheck at home until I can leave that shit hole.

>tfw work in tech and make 33k usd
I fucked up, I was a retard and agreed to work cheaply because I needed a job. Now my only option is to quit and find a new job and I'm too fucking lazy to start applying again.

If I'm gonna be a code monkey I might as well be a well paid one

yea it's the best job but the film industry is hella tough to get into, not to mention the years of my life I lost due to stress through art school
I lucked out when one of my old teachers brought me onto Transformers 5

good thing there's this thing called the art director's guild that guarantees a minimum weekly wage
problem is it's almost impossible to join

I'm very very lucky to be in at my age, most of my friends are doing animation TV which is still pretty great tho (1500+ a week)

BASED, then. Looks like you're saving tons of money.

Keep it up, user.

hahahaha this user is lying. don't move to NC it's terrible and expensive and you will be very unhappy here and they say that moving here is bad luck and throws you internal qi off.

don't move here.

Job hunting is the worst shit of all time. And I work for a cancer care organisation, so I talk to some people who have had some shitty experiences. But universally, job hunting is accepted by everyone as just awful

Is it actually possible to only spend 20 dollars on internet?

500 car
50 auto ins
750 rent
80 cel
120 tv/int
200 food
120 booze

that's my general breakdown

Attached: 3b.jpg (633x640, 51K)

exactly the kind of boomer i was talking about, not even worth a proper response. the revolution is coming, brown people will pull you from your home and murder you on your own perfectly manicured lawn

average salary for ILM isn't 100k for artists. Still bullshit.

Money on twitch whores

Oh nah it wasn't me millennial dude I work with did recently and found out it was a thing now.

>animation TV
soulless trash, all of it

I think I'll just apply to some of the big tech companies and try to land something good there, live like a hobo for a few years in SF and then retire at 30

I'm just fine my dude. I'm 31 now and my net woth is a hair under ~1.6

>I lucked out when one of my old teachers brought me onto Transformers 5

damn i love nepotism

>$600 rent.
>$100 Electricity/Water
>$200 food

That's my total overhead.

>In college they told us that second and third employers would want to see our GPAs,

I thought this was bullshit too, but I had been in the industry for 11 years, and I had actually gotten a second, completely unrelated degree to go into another field.

>" . . .So what was your GPA"
>"Oh, it's right there"
>"No, that's for your current degree, what was your GPA for your first degree?"

happened more than once.

The chad lifestyle

bro I'm literally 27

quit being jealous that some of us actually own a house and enjoy it

stop nobody cares, the point of this place is to make a fun discussion not brag ("I'm not bragging though just saying" stfu nobody cares faggot) about your wealth

Then rock on, famalam.

Attached: 1566173319583.jpg (190x159, 6K)

It isn't bragging retard I was responding to someone.

Okay 2 things.

1) If you make 100k/y why the fuck do you not own a house? If your answer is "b-b-but I live in an expensive city!" then

2) how the fuck is your rent only $825/mo if you live in a place so expensive 100k/y isn't home-buying money?

Shit does not add up compadre

Boomer has nothing to do with age, it is a (archaic) mindset and lifestyle

If you fags can’t find a job just lie and say you have worked in your area or field before and that you’ve never been unemployed. They rarely check. They always run background checks, so drug screens, and sometimes university checks. Anyway they want to see that you’re not going to cause them problems, you’re going to show up on time, work, and keep your mouth shut. That’s all. Give that impression and be a normie and you’re golden.

Charity deductions on your taxes is a thing you faggots.

Renting can make mobility easier.

answer to 1 is expensive city.

answer to 2 is roommates.

I rent a room in a house.

Renting does make mobility easier, especially in tech fields where job security sucks.

only on Yea Forums could you find people this financially retarded

move out and get a property management company to handle it. it'll be cashflow positive and you can just do that over again a few times and have a few mil for free once you're old

>200 utilities
>40 cell phone
>20 internet
>825 rent
yeah i'm thinking this journalist has never paid for anything in their life

>it is a (archaic) mindset and lifestyle

Living in a place that you own is archaic? enjoy your (((landlord))).

stfu fag
some people don't want a house, especially at a young age. they wanna live in the fast lane and believe they have the freedom to go anywhere and do anything even if they never do

In tech that's pretty much the minimum to work in silicon valley. Lots of young people in tech have six figure salaries. I work with a guy who's 22 and making 82k/y right now as an L3 engineer, by the time he's my age he might be near 200k if he plays his cards right, he got in way earlier than I did.

Don't be so sullen poorfag.

It's a bullshit number. My wife's premiums would have been north of $500/month this year, so we literally dropped health insurance because we couldn't practically afford it. She's 24, healthy, and makes north of the median income where we live, about $60k gross.
>thanks Obama

Me?
Health insurance: Free
Groceries: No idea. I go there, get what I want and put my card in the machine
Dining out: Maybe 15 smackers per week
Transportation: $40 in gas per week
Cell phone: free
internet: free
rent: $500 per month
donations: $150 to suicide prevention last year

damn. all that and people still move into our cities rather than wherever this poster is from

sub 100 iq detected

There's a large enough gap though between renting an apartment and renting a home though so it's not as feasible if you have a senpai and none of those things listed are necessarily a negative except the taxes but I have no idea what property taxes cost.

That's way too much monthly to even out, you can only claim up to a certain% of your income

except you have to factor in the market at a given time you brainlet, you have a ridiculous mentality. that's the type of stuff you hear from people who bought their first houses when things were dirt cheap in the 80s and 90s. it's not like that anymore, things get inflated. you're better off renting sometimes and holding off for a recession or crash if you think one is coming and buying low.

Welfare and foodstamps?

>most people
>>hurr durr I'm not most people
fucking moron

not poor, i have almost 200k cash and close to 300k in cryptos, i'm just butthurt because i miss the old Yea Forums, there didnt used to be a chance in hell of seeing people like you around here, you disgust me on many levels

As in right now you'd probably be better off waiting for a housing recession than buying in this market.

>COMPLETELY SELLS OUT FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES
COMRADE OBAMA THE PEOPLES HERO

SO, BUY THEIR STOCK
LRN2MURRICA

interest rates are historically low (30 year cycle) you're a moron if you don't load up on debt

I don't know their finances, but my sister-in-law does PR for a (1) Chic-Fil-A location, and her husband welds (without a degree or fancy certs, just basic shit for an aftermarket auto company), and they just bought a house on two acres.
>in California

Literally been posting here since 2004, try again.

what the fuck is a housing recession? we're not getting another 2008. that was a black swan event

>COMRADE OBAMA THE PEOPLES HERO
kek

Commie health insurance, help from mommy and daddy, and I just work constantly and penny pinch

well then good day sir. you're still disgusting tho
lmfao because a massive depression is coming

The only disgusting thing is how little you've done with your life =(

student debt and continued wall st fuckery will cause another 2008, it is inevitable. it may be not as bad, it may be much worse, but by god it's coming

Can I short student loans

idk, probably

A 5kg bag of jasmine brown rice lasts many weeks $8
peanut butter lasts 2 weeks $3
carton of 12 eggs $3
loaf of bread $2
I look for vegetables on special
1kg of carrots $2
1kg of potatoes $2
500g brussel sprouts $2
1kg of pears $2
2 litre fruit juice $4
coffee $4
peanuts or popcorn to snack on $2-3
That's a rough breakdown.

do you even understand what caused the last recession? housing will not take a hit like last time. housing was the cause last time

no they're 90% government backed and non dischargable. they will just be a net drag for a while

>Multiple
Technically two is "multiple" yes.
But two is all you're getting in a first-world country, $300/each

>Rent taking up that much

America hahaha

It's somewhere around there but $40k can be actual poverty level depending on where you live but enough to live comfortably on your own in other places.

ok m8

Where’s the meat?

Thats how much i make a month before taxes

i would kill to know where this guy is paying 800 for an apartment. theres lots around my area if you want top live in a shithole behind someones house.

ILM has hordes of VFX "artists" but I guess I technically fall under "design", ie my worth is much much higher than one of hundreds of technical vfx ppl
vfx houses usually employ a handful of designers (named concept artists) to concept stuff for their hundreds of vfx artists to produce

but you're right in that vfx houses are the ones being outbid down into oblivion by Asian companies

Gnomon kids are entering a hyper competitive and dying American industry for sure

what do you weigh like 60kg, i eat half a peanut butter per day

It’s okay. If you work hard you can do better.

I got some really good ones in UK for $150-250 an hr.

He's supplementing meat with eggs.

>do you even understand what caused the last recession? housing will not take a hit like last time. housing was the cause last time
sure bud

A dozen eggs is about 75 grams of protein. That’s less than what you need in one day.

i'm all set, i beat the system. but keep on boomin friend

>UK
>First world
Kek. In the US an escort is $300-$400

A friend of mine just purchased a 2 bed, 2 bath, with 1 car garage for 105k. Another is closing on a fucking 6 bedroom mcmansion for only 210k.

My man even if what you listed is true that isn’t even remotely enough to live on assuming solid returns. You’re going to need to dramatically grow that egg. And given that you didn’t list a salary I’m going to assume it isn’t enough to do they for you.

(you)'re going to have a bad time waiting on housing prices to go down

I cant afford meat right now, no junk food or soft drink either.
probably 67ish

He's getting some from the peanut butter, peanuts, bread and also the coffee, assuming that he puts milk/cream in it.

>socal
That explains everything

I’m sorry to hear they friend. Are things okay?

Most places that aren't New York and California.

the peanuts and rice also have protein. I also forgot to mention a 750g bag of oats is less than $2 which also has protein.

no, things are very, very bad.

Make about $2300/month

>$150 car loan
>$150 student loans
>$800 rent with utilities
>Free internet
>$55 Hulu with Live TV
>$200 food + booze
>$160 entertainment expenses (going to restaurants, going to bars, etc...)

>Living along is amazing. Do FHA loan with a down but be picky. Skip the whole roommate meme altogether.
fuck yeah user. This is what I did when I was 25 and it was the best decision of my life. I didn't want to have to live in an apartment complex like a poor person.

is this what people call seething

i have two houses

>making about $50k/yr as a truck driver
>get paid to drive, see the country, listen to music and podcasts
>home every weekend
>live in ohio
>bills+ rent are $1200/mo

I may not be making much, but I'm pretty comfy.