Why is everything so fucking blurry nowadays? Are lenses getting worse?

Why is everything so fucking blurry nowadays? Are lenses getting worse?

Attached: The Boys (2019) - S01E02 - Cherry (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 RZeroX).mkv.mkv_snapshot_45.30_[2019.09.14 (1920x816, 660K)

Get an eye test brah

What are you talking about? I can clearly see her acne here.

Attached: The.Boys.2019.S01E04.The.Female.of.the.Species.WEB-DL.1080p.KvK.mkv_snapshot_53.22_[2019.08.18_14.24 (1920x1080, 800K)

Because it's all CGI. They use a narrow field of focus and soft lighting so they can fix everything in post.
Its the same reason everything is filmed at night. I mean, look at that pic you posted. Did the power go out or something? Or maintenance could only find 25 watt light bulbs?

this, plus a lot of women pluck 90% of their eyebrows and/or have a certain hairstyle which only looks good/aesthetic at the angles they show

Yeah, her skin has literally zero detail. You can watch movies from 1970 where there is more detail in a closeup shot. They are applying basic filters to literally every shot nowadays. What we consider aesthetically pleasing is getting more warped every day

The filters in 13 reasons why made me want to kms

Because it's in the center. I marked roughly what is in focus.
The other person and MAYBE the background makes sense because of DOF, but there is no reason to have the top of her head and her cleavage out of focus.

And I'm pretty sure that's a different lens in your picture.

Attached: 1568471301027.jpg (1920x816, 279K)

And the area you have circled isn't even in 100% focus, you can tell there is some "clear skin/face" filter like on android phones applied.

Why is Yea Forums so visually illiterate

explain

>using a dumb TV show as the metric for filmmaking
always the same with you mental midgets

Attached: zimna wojna_001.jpg (1437x1079, 407K)

Do you understand what an example is?

Do you understand that TV shows are not the same as film?

Attached: Phantom.Thread.2017.BDRip.1080p.mkv_snapshot_00.17.11_.jpg (1920x1040, 991K)

Do you understand that film and big budget TV are using the same equipment and techniques now? It's not the 90s you fucking boomer. There are plenty of movies doing the shit you see in the OP.

The early seasons of Peaky Blinders are great, they used film and no gay filters, lots of close ups of the main actors. It looks so clear and cinematic

99.9% of TV shows look inferior to film. Even the rare ones that are shot on film still look worse than actual films.
Hell, they can't even compete with properly shot digital films.

Attached: Skyfall.2012.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-DrSi.mkv_snapshot_01.45.55_[2019.05.03_16.58.27].jpg (1920x800, 909K)

Skyfall was digital?

Yes,

Attached: Skyfall.2012.SloSubs.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-DrSi.mkv_snapshot_02.06.02_[2019.05.03_17.01.46].jpg (1920x800, 580K)

I can't get over this shit.

Attached: The Boys (2019) - S01E03 - Get Some (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 RZeroX).mkv_snapshot_19.01_[2019.09.14_1 (1920x816, 497K)

I can see the loose strands of her hair.
you cannot see

watch films then

Attached: You.Were.Never.Really.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-FGT.mkv_snapshot_01.10.32_.jpg (1920x800, 991K)

Wish they used it in anime, most of seasonal animes looks like absolute poorly drawn shit.

You guys need to learn about anamorphic lenses vs spherical. That's the reason shit is so blurry. Watch Apocalypse Now on the big screen and you'll see what I mean. Shoot wide open on anamorphics and it'll never be sharp. The Boys is clearly using a set of vintage anamorphics.

The Boys is clearly shot by C tier garbage cinematographers

>The Boys is clearly using a set of vintage anamorphics.
And they have no idea how to use them.

You're half right. A tier is oscar level, b tier is the rest of cinema and c tier is television then yeah makes sense. C tier isn't garbage though.

Well they know how to use them. They're putting the lenses on the camera and making a picture. However they're pushing the lenses to their limits. The sweet spot of a lens is a little bit stopped down. Most of The Boys is probably wide open because everyone wants that anamorphic bokeh.

>A tier is oscar level
It's mind blowing that people still think that the Oscars have anything to do with skill or quality, even in the technical categories.

The technical categories have more merit than the main categories since they are picked by actual acclaimed industry working people, not just the Twitter Academy.

Yeah it's crazy.

Obviously like most awards whatever films gets he most buzz in whatever category is the winner as most people that vote don't watch the films but generally the pool of nominations if a pretty high standard.

Attached: deak.jpg (1900x1059, 207K)

Epic burn you're totally like The Home-lander right now XD

stop watching YIFY

>1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 RZeroX

whatever nerd

casting uglies is the cause

Sure didn't look it. How's that possible?

Get glasses moron

you have cataracts which blur one's vision

Attached: marrisa.jpg (368x561, 47K)

Because Deakins knows how to light and shoot films.

Attached: Skyfall.2012.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-DrSi.mkv_snapshot_00.50.07_.jpg (1920x800, 541K)

What’s the best looking film of the decade and what are your thoughts on VFX heavy films like Life of Pi and Gravity winning the best cinematography Oscar?

>blue and orange filter

no thanks

Attached: real cinematography.jpg (3456x1577, 884K)

I liked how lighting used to look in older movies
Watching some DePalma classics and it looked amazing
Now everything is too bright like it’s filmed in a mall or too dark and you can’t see shit

Zoom in. Enhance. Enhance!

>What’s the best looking film of the decade
Hard to pick a singular film. Hard to Be a God is most definitely up there.
>what are your thoughts on VFX heavy films like Life of Pi and Gravity winning the best cinematography Oscar
While I'm not fond of VFX heavy films, both of those films do have great lighting even in the pre VFX stage and great lighting is mostly what cinematography is in the Oscar realm, it's not like they achieved their look in post exclusively.
Did they deserve winning I'm not so sure, but they have more than decent cinematography yes.

Attached: GVD-01238s.jpg (1821x1331, 337K)

>filter
Deakins achieves all of his lighting completely in-camera. Pic related, a set photo.

Attached: bfs_br2049ss4.jpg (1200x800, 334K)

i normally hate blondes but i really liked this one. i think its because of dark eyes. latino and asian woman are ideal to me because of dark eyes+jet black straight hair

Attached: 1565361793817.jpg (1080x1349, 382K)

neat

even then looks very sterilized, it has no SOUL

>sterilized
The monochromatic "sterile" visuals are the entire point of BR2049, to show the bleak empty future after the blackout where nature is practically non existent that is in contrast with the dense, dirty, alive and cluttered setting of the original. The original was mostly filmed at night, this was mostly filmed in a day.
It would make no sense for this film to look extremely colorful and dense, it would make no sense to fill the streets with thousands of extras, it would make no sense to shoot it on grainy film, it would make no sense to make it seem "alive" and developed when everything in it is basically dead. A single flower is seen as a miracle in the film.

It's sad that you think that every film should be as vibrant as possible no matter what the narrative is about. What did you want, a literal reboot remake with the same exact setting and storyline? And if you think the point of the first one was that aswell then you're not worthy of that film also.

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.01_08_44.jpg (3840x1600, 2.18M)

Good shit. But I wouldn't put that much effort into replying to shitposts.

In this case it's to cover up her herpes

Name 12 movies, 8 kinos, 10 flicks and 4 joints that have soul then

Intolerance
Cape Fear
Vertigo
Blow Out
Metropolis
Apocalypse Now
Battle of Algiers
Sunset Boulevard
Black Magic 1949
Das Boot

You want blurry watch Inland Empire. Did Lynch record it with a baked potato?

well that film most certainly isn't supposed to look crisp and beautiful is it

Literally no one cares about muh narrative in Bladerunner, outside of some mega autists on places like Yea Forums. It only has notoriety in the first place because it looked interesting and tipped off a lot of talented peoples imaginations when it was new. 2049 being made to look like generic farmhouses and junkyards or featureless apple store interiors doesn't make it any less boring to look at. They had the option to do whatever they wanted with it, and if the best they could do is muh bleak empty future it just outs them as not having very many worthwhile ideas for yet another unnecessary sequel.

Redhead a cute.

People look like shit in HD, The problem is cameras are too good.

Attached: erin-moriarty-amazon-prime-video-s-golden-globe-2019-awards-after-party-3.jpg (1280x1770, 249K)

>Literally no one cares about muh narrative in Bladerunner
stopped reading right there, and you can post again only when you read DADOES

would berry

nice trips

>ugly people look like shit in HD
ftfy

Attached: Ana de Armas JOI Blade Runner 2049 7.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

Why do you have to lie?

where are those from?

Wow...

Attached: ana-de-armas-at-bristol-farms-in-los-angeles-09-12-2019-6.jpg (1200x2140, 205K)

The Asassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

disgusting brown eyes

The Master maybe?

for attention span