>piss colors galore
>main character only an incel could love
>pointless exposition and thematic exploration
>does nothing better than the original
>ultimately tries to evoke the same pathos
>hack dying in snow shot
>lets make everything 1/4 of the normal speed they will think it's kino

Attached: blade runn.jpg (342x441, 47K)

My biggest complaint was the random space depth charge sound effects.

>The truth about Blade Runner
>both suck dick
>I'd rather watch Cannibal Holocaust 3 times than either of them

>>wildly ambitious
>visually arresting
>interesting setting
>actors are believable
>feels timeless
>very comfy
>awesome soundtrack
>good themes
>subtle but with strength and composure
>what does it mean to be human
>tears in rain
literally all of this is BR2049

Performances: BR > BR2049 (certainly not because of Deckard though)
Soundtrack: BR > BR2049
Cinematography: Tie
Sound Design/Mixing: BR2049 > BR
Set Design: BR > BR2049
Production Design: BR2049 > BR
Visual Effects: Tie.
Editing: Tie.
Writing: BR2049 > BR (Fancher was and is a hack though)

BR: 3
BR2049: 3
So about the same.

Literally none of it is, you're a pleb.

>Sound Design/Mixing: BR2049 > BR
No
>Production Design: BR2049 > BR
No
>Writing: BR2049 > BR
No

BR: 6
BR2049: 0

>sterile
The monochromatic "sterile" visuals are the entire point of BR2049, to show the bleak empty future after the blackout where nature is practically non existent that is in contrast with the dense, dirty, alive and cluttered setting of the original. The original was mostly filmed at night, this was mostly filmed in a day.
It would make no sense for this film to look extremely colorful and dense, it would make no sense to fill the streets with thousands of extras, it would make no sense to shoot it on grainy film, it would make no sense to make it seem "alive" and developed when everything in it is basically dead. A single flower is seen as a miracle in the film.

It's sad that you think that every film should be as vibrant as possible no matter what the narrative is about. What did you want, a literal reboot remake with the same exact setting and storyline? And if you think the point of the first one was that aswell then you're not worthy of that film also.

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.01_08_44.jpg (3840x1600, 2.18M)

Tell me how does the first Blade Runner have better sound mixing.

By completely sounding better mixed and more full and not numale tier sound mixing

>By completely sounding better mixed and more full
are you 12

You sure are for thinking BR2049 has better sound mixing just because it was made a couple years ago.

retard

Nope, I think it's better for actual reasons, not just "uhmmm it's better".
Sound alone tells an entire narrative in 2049, it's a crucial storytelling element. The most simplest of things like rain are mixed in such an intricate way that the changes of the sound of raindrops affect the narrative aswell. Especially these days where all the dynamics are beyond squashed in compression, here you literally hear the difference of the smallest step possible. The sound mix is also completely intervowen with the soundtrack, while in the first one the normal basic sound mix takes a step back and only the soundtrack takes center stage for the most of the film.
It's literally one of the best sound mixes in modern cinema history with the widest possible dynamic range and the bluray is most often used as a prime home cinema sound testing example.

Go back to /r/movies

All that shit you typed out is subjective psuedo garbage, the movie does not sound good let alone great compared to actually well executed blockbusters of the last 3 decades.

>u-uhmmmm it's bad
yup, a 12 year old

Hey, nothing wrong with being wrong user. It's just your opinion.

Attached: 1568330258360.jpg (3000x2083, 3.6M)

>da dishonest effects sound so good mommmy
>waaamp wammmp bwaamp bwaaamp

Attached: blade runner 2049 cinegrid.jpg (640x480, 16K)

yeah we get you're 12 and you enjoy fortnite no need to confirm it twice

>Actually having this saved on your computer
Absolutely seething.

And? A film having a set color pallette is bad?
You trannies are getting more ridiculous by the minute

Fortnite players are the ones who call Blade Runner 2049 a masterpiece because it's the only film besides marvel they've seen in the last 5 years.
>a film having video game aesthetics is bad
Yes

>most iconic piece of writing in the original Blade Runner was written by Rutger Hauer
>most iconic piece of writing in Blade Runner 2049 was written by Ryan Gosling

And the lesson from this is: Hampton Fancher was and is a hack writer.

Attached: 1507891248178.jpg (2048x1536, 245K)

2049 is better
None of you were even alive when the first one came out.

I THINK THE BLADERUNNER FRANCHISE SUCKS

Attached: IMG_1595.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

>it's the only film besides marvel they've seen in the last 5 years.
cute headcanon

Attached: Sleep_has_her_house.mp4_snapshot_00.17.36_.jpg (1920x1460, 1.56M)

>the color yellow means it's a videogame
what kind of tranny mental illness is this

2049 isn't even 1/10th of the film Blade Runner is

Honest filmmaking at its finest

Both Blade Runner films are extremely good and if you think either one of them is bad you're a certified pleb mental midget. Fact.

Dishonest filmmaking = Numale Runner 2049
Never forget it

>very comfy

Attached: 196BAFE3-0D3F-4D09-BAF8-1196349C0D45.gif (220x166, 211K)

based soiphoneposting tranny

The factual truth about BR2049: only women hate it.

Attached: 1521486974736.png (716x1000, 557K)

The factual truth about Yea Forums: you're all fake patrician who actually still post aggregate scores and even shill IMDB scores now

Almost all that shit on the womens list is better than numale runner

Have coitus

Very based list, blessed post too. Nicely done user.

tits or gtfo

Top: Soul
Bottom: Soulless

Reminder males are inherently anti art and only like dogshit movies like capeshit, nolan or villenueve

Go back to IMDB babby

pls be in london

Are you fucking retarded? Holy shit I hope this is a joke. If not, kill yourself right now.

Nope
Triggered the literal NPC faggot
You should actually neck yourself for being so elitist while shilling IMDB and being on this capeshit incel board that proves that males actually have dogshit tastes in movies

>unironic discordtranny
have suicide

Attached: The Sorcerer (1977) BDRemux 1080p.mkv_snapshot_00.32.51_.jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

was kino

Ah so you're a dumb hole, everything makes sense now. Either that or you're a faggot. Whichever way it is, you're garbage.

Attached: 1512670956858.jpg (315x325, 27K)

>All those dogshit war flicks and westerns that males self insert into
Y********kes

>Nope
a phoneposting tranny AND a newfaggot lmao
just switch the tabs already

2049 is a soulless cash grab

>this mad his spammed imdb score image is called out as being shit
aw no

I literally just finished watching 2049 again just now.

Correct

In 10 years 2049 will be hailed as one of the best films of this century as it nearly is already

Along with Hard to be a God, I agree.

Cope

Holy shit that's cringe
You're a cuck to mutt opinions on film

How is it shit?

>technology had advanced!!

>Blade runner
soul
>Blade runner 2049
soul

Agreed.

no one cares

Awesome user, what are your thoughts?

Why is this shit movie suddenly getting shilled constantly? Is there a new sequel coming out or something? This board fucking hated it after the redditors who shitposted here when it first released left.

Because it shows movies that males underrate and overrate on imdb where plebs roam and not what you actually think

Shut the fuck up you cumbrain zoomer.
>this board
Because Yea Forums is just one person. You're retarded.

I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the first one too.

I think 2049 is a nice continuation that, at the very least, doesn't do anything bad to the original for me. I don't get why people dislike it. Is it because it confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt that Deckard is a human?

Glad to know user, I agree with the sentiment. Some people like to bash it because they're retarded, that's all. Women and faggots especially hate it.

>Misuses buzzwords
>Tries to downplay the post
Literally a shill post, how much do you get paid?

I am literally a faggot. Bisexual, but yeah.

Women and faggots have better film taste than you males then
Go watch mad max fury road too you fucking vidyasoiboi

Thanks for letting us know you're trannies.

A fag kinosseur then, rare but welcome.
Spotted the drooling retards. You're not even trying anymore.

>Pretending to be a tranny to make people who dislike the movie look bad
kys shill
Shill

God damn br2949 is legit force awakens tier garbage

I never pretended to be a tranny. I pointed out that males like and watch capeshit on this capeshit board and also love nolan and villeneuve. All plebshit

Shill

>it's another "old good, new bad" thread

Attached: 1567465356616.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Yes, cinema was indeed better when people actually cared about the craft. Unlike today where 90% of it is soulless shit to churn out money

Brutal truth. Doesn't apply to 2049 though.

>its another zoomer retard who thinks the shiny new movie is better than the timeless classic and scifi staple

lmao nice false flag fake news tranny, everybody knows what happened to the manchild redditscrew

>when people actually cared about the craft
like they did when making BR2049

Attached: 1507412387103.jpg (1200x800, 334K)

Literally try going to reddit and find even a single person who hates br2049 and isn't downvoted to oblivion

>it's another mental midget tribalism cumbrain who thinks one has to hate the other if he loves the first one

Try that same exact thing with the first blade runner.

Dilate
Hit a bit too close to home?

The only one dilating is you, monstrosity

reviewscrew is in the house tonight!

Attached: 1553995809122.png (406x431, 10K)

The movie was good until the stupid uprising subplot. The movie also feels like a generic action movie. The fight scenes are jarring. Harrison Ford sleep walks throughout the movie. Jared leto is a shit actor and his part was pointless.

The resistance serves a narrative purpose, they are there to show how K has to make an individual decision not depending on anyone to truly become special so he denies both Wallace and the rebellion. They are a crucial part of his final character development, where they appoint him to go kill Deckard and he does the literal opposite. Also to show how both sides (Wallace and the rebellion) want to use K as a tool for their own goals, which is reflected in the fact that they both are in water reflected settings and both the rebellion bitch and Wallace are blind in some way or another.

>gosling wrote the baseline test
God damn he continually proves himself as one of us. I love this man, he is a gift to film.

Attached: screen_shot_2016-04-25_at_15.14.51.jpg (968x681, 27K)

The what?

Yes yes, but the execution was just terrible. We know as the audience he won't kill Deckard. Plus the movie becomes generic action flick with Joe rescuing Deckard at the nick of time.

I agree that the execution of the resitance getting out of the shadows was a bit silly yes.
Strongly disagree that it becomes "generic" in any way after it, even the entire fight scene is far from generic. I mean just K drowning Luv is literally a 90 second long drowning scene, in a usual "generic action flick" that scene would be 12 seconds max.

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.02_25_33.jpg (3840x1600, 1.91M)

I agree her death was good. The actress and character were my favourite parts of the movie. Instead of Jared Leto being the generic boring bad guy Luv should have been the only antagonist she was great.

I also didn't like Joe sacrificing himself he deserved a better ending.

agreed. imo i think of it as cinema's last film because i wont watch anything else from hollywood for as long as i live.

Yea Forums

based

>"A child can count to five on fingers. We should OWN THE STARS."
Laughably bad dialogue. Dishonest Denis a shit. SHIT!

Attached: pile of shit.gif (220x242, 1.21M)

Every time he was in his flying car or just staring into the abyss there was a "whoosh boooooom booom boom"

Dune might be good and I'm really looking forward to the ww1 movie.

in the book
>”I was thinking of fractals”
In the movie
>le poo poo XD

This

Pic related was the only good thing to come out of BR2049. Also, FUCK Jared Leto.

Attached: Luv.jpg (1163x1744, 107K)

They should have removed Wallace from the script and made Luv the main antagonist.

Faggot

Rutger Hauer literally called 2049 soulless lol

Based Rutger

BR2049 had no reason to be related to the original. You could replicate the entire plot without any connection to the first movie.

Officer K was /ourguy/ the day BR2049 debuted at the local kinoplex and we will be talking about it every day for the next fifty years.

This. I would have liked 2049 a lot more if it didn't have grumpy boomer Harrison in his plain t-shirt and jeans.

based

Attached: 1563989880488.jpg (801x1071, 62K)

Im planning in watching br 2049 but havent watched the first part. Should i watch the first one before watching this? Is it kino too

Yes, both are extremely good films and you should watch both.

>wildly ambitious
not really, especially if you know your science fiction
>actors are believable
lmao no
>good themes
which we barely get to explore
did we watch the same movie?

Can Hollywood make a decent cyber punk movie accurate. All I can think off is matrix 3.

It was a competently made sequel that respected the original, nothing more, nothing less.

The fact that you were too dumb to discern the ideas of the movie does not mean anything about the movie itself. Every critic I've seen who shat on BR2049 made glaring mistakes and overall made it obvious that he completely missed the meaning of the film.

>too many flashing fucking lights
>smoking and a lot of booze in a progressive society
>WHAAAAAAAAAAAWHHHH sound effects
>weird acting by replicants, not readable emotional changes
>weird fucker main ant
>bad future prediction
for that time it was advanced, but 2049 is a lot cleaner/believable.

Attached: final_5d7d2e5ce4dabe0014bae5c2_551890.jpg (678x616, 73K)

>Blade Runner
>wildly ambitious
>visually arresting
>interesting setting
>actors are believable
>feels timeless
>very comfy
>awesome soundtrack
>good themes
>what does it mean to be human

thought you were talking about 2045 while i read this and agreed with it. both are toptier films, why do people always have to hate things, you can love both and not have to defend yourself about it or explain why