Horror movie

>horror movie
>ghost has blank eyes and a mouth that's way too open
this has been a cliche for like 20 years. please stop

Attached: file.png (1600x873, 675K)

I wanna make a horror movie that is just a guy walking toward the screen for 90 minutes
No music
No plot
Just a white room and a guy slowly coming towards you

just dont give the guy blank eyes and an open mouth

that would be scary for like two minutes and then it would be retarded and no one would be scared - horror has to keep the audience engaged, not just be vaguely unsettling but repetitive and predictable

It's a cliche but effective; I watched It Chapter One the other day and the most viscerally scary scene was the portrait lady in the sewers.

It was a series of set pieces linked together by a bland coming of age tale
Can we ever have Horror this is not set pieces?

I've always dreamed of making a horror movie where it hgas one of those spooky ghosts that follows a million rules like it's gotta kill the last person that said it's name or the last one that saw some magical fuckin objectBUT the last person that saw it saw it in a mirror or some retarded shit like that but instead of the ghost only ever being revealed sat night in a scary old mansion basement they get it out in broad daylight so it looks fucking retarded and then whoever discortvered the ghost gets a whole bunch of lawyers to find out every detail of the ghosts dumbass rukles like the ghost MUST SU CK OUT THE SOULF OF ANYIONE THAT DISCOVERES IT'S BODY unless it's favorite childhood toy is placed in it's grave or some bullshit but instead they intentionally anger it and they put the ghost on live tv in a fully packed stadium broadcaast to every country on the planet to confuse it as to who to kill first and burn it's favorite tedy brear to weaken it and make it vulnerable when the planets align and there's a lunar ecplipse and then while the ghost has a corporeal body they execute it via firing squad while simultaneousdly burning down the house it was murdered in or whatever

Attached: 1568395679675.jpg (1080x1350, 230K)

Sounds like your still dreaming, ever heard of a comma Bud or a full freaking Stop, Jesus wept.

haven't heard of comma bud but it sounds like a cool alieant fugmnus soo i might work that in the script lmao. also i thought maybe it would be cool instead oif the villain being the ghost it would be some greddy ceo ogf a bigass coirportation who uses the ghosts rules to his own benefit like an assassin or something like he wil email some dude he want's dead a burned picture of the ghosts family from when it was alive so th ghost gets mad and the ceo has an army of expendable dudes to gto ghost shit thast makes it mad and the ghost just fucking kills them manmd the ceo lives inm a high security vailtt whil padded windows or someshit and a bunch of guards so the ghost can;t everr get him

How often did it show up prior to Grave Encounters really?

Horror movie idea. Yea Forums tell me what you think.

>A group of hunters enter a deep forrest in Wyoming to hunt down the creatures that killed their children.

Attached: lynx-hunter-pekka-halonen.jpg (900x626, 111K)

Generic but I don't see why it couldn't work. Would be more interesting if it was a period piece like your image.

Grave Encounters was only good when it was a Ghost Adventures parody. The horror itself was bad.

Make it a black guy.

>Wyoming
>monster ends up being some gay native american folklore thing
it needs to be set in europe

>The horror itself was bad.
Disagree, the impossible space, time weirdness and void were all more genuinely spooky than 99% of horror.

reminds me of someone we all know

Attached: soyjak.png (644x800, 15K)

Avant gard horror film were its a shitty romcom but in the background shit gets spooky until at the end both leads are jumpscare killed and their corpses raped.

Horror/thriller where the plot follows a normal character, maybe a light romance but in every scene the ghost or murderer or whatever is lurking in the background. The main characters never give it any direct attention but it’s always there. Slowly getting closer and bolder until the final scenes where it finally reveals itself and kills the MCs
Thoughts?

It wouldn't be scary after the first few minutes. Maybe a 5 minute short. It works in It Follows and Halloween because the threat is always present but you don't see it in literally every scene.

Horror movie kino idea:

It's a typical romantic comedy, possibly with a good natured Owen Wilson type lead and quirky romantic interest girl. It's marketed as a terrifying horror film with trailers seeming to build up jump scares and full of ominous music. The audience is left wondering how long the romcom stuff goes on for before the horror turn happens. We film the theater audience as one by one they slowly lose patience and walk out. Then we interview anyone who stayed till the end and find out why.

Just watch Old Fashioned, you'll wonder when the twist that he's actually a serial killer comes in.

Welp I've just watched the Babadook. Anybody want to talk about it?

We can make this thread into a discussion about good spooky movies.

it's effective, it's been appearing in reported nightmares for centuries

I would have let the monster ate the kid

god dammit, give me a spooky movie recommendations for me to start compiling my halloween pile. classics, new stuff, tv episodes, documentaries whatever youve got

The Japanese Ring sequels + Ring Virus are weird and kind of cool

i have zero interest in going back to blank mouths and eyes that's way too open

Id watch

I mostly go with movies for my spookyspook

Babadook (psych/spooky)
Noroi (found footage jap spooky)
The Witch (period piece)
Ghost Stories
In the Mouth of Madness (cronenberg)
It Follows
Lake Mungo
Sinister (meh at the end)
Thirteen Ghosts (total giggle)
The Void (love letter to cronenberg)

>The ghost stands in the corner of the room shaking its head really fast
Tell me again why is this "horror"?

>Babadook
>Lake Mungo
>(total giggle)

Attached: 1557618009774.gif (722x720, 1.67M)

fite me

Slowly Walks Towards You

in cinemas now

It Follows is kinda what you're looking for.

It Follows is so cool, between that and Beneath The Silver Lake, David Robert Mitchell has become my favorite "new" writer/director.

Backrooms: The Motion Picture

For real It chapter 1 was shit and im surprised it got its sequel and wasnt just scrapped

I want to make a horror movie that features a scene based on hypnogogia. The character wakes up during the night and sees a shadowy figure outside their window looking in.

It's the highest grossing horror movie of all time. Of course it got a sequel.

I had an idea similar to this once. Where all the horror is in the background and the surface story is pretty mundane until the themes of the background "catch up"

The sequel was also planned and paid for before the first one came out.

Pet Sematary 2019 is also a much worse movie and made back it's budget 5x over. Stephen King sells.

I had a dream that this was happening to me in the woods. I could see him through binoculars and he just kept getting closer. Scared the hell out of me

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1536, 1.49M)

It chapter 2 was this thought

it means you are a cool guy :)

Hell yeah :)

Attached: image.jpg (400x399, 24K)

It could be cool if it was set like in the late 17hundreds and they had to deal with shitty muskets and stuff. Like the Revenant meets Brotherhood of the Wolf.

technically butterfly kisses is this

That was a pretty ok found footage movie but they could have done a lot more with the concept.

The 90's could have made this

Attached: giphy[1].gif (480x237, 1.12M)

Not a movie but a series:
>series start as a SOL
>everything looks normal
>next episode something doesnt looks ok
>slowly turn into uncanny horror Uzumaki shit

Congratulations, you just described Higurashi.

Or a guy slowly going into schizo.

Wake up you fucking schizo

They should do one where the monster comes out during daylight and you're safe at night. Make people scared of everyday scenarios and you've got a hit

but that would be really boring

Cujo

gakkou-gurashi

Hellstar remina is this but a planet. Maybe make it about something you see that never stops following you after you see it.

A movie about the beast of Gevaudan

I had an idea for a subversion of the horror genre. You know all those ghost/demon movies where the entities just sorts scares people and apparently they are dangerous because of that? I was thinking, what if a group of kids finds one of this frightening creatures in a haunted place, but manage to kill it in the first half of the movie? Like yeah the monster is scary but it's not automatically invincible. So they defeat it and the rest of the story is them trying to escape an SCP-like foundation that wants to keep the supernatural stuff secret.

Attached: Rian_Johnson_Headshot.jpg (1424x1874, 234K)

Have it be 45 min of the guy walking towards the camera with the other 45 being a standard horror movie in taking place in a building. It will cut back and forth every 3 min of so with him being a little closer than before. The finale will be when the protag opens a door to find him standing right there where he kills them. The end.

Higurashi is nothing like that. It's SOL and then suddenly murder and then back to the beginning

seriously who is scared of toddler girls in their pajamas? why is this kind of thing so common in horror movies?

Attached: 57bda8addd08956b1a8b4ae8-750-562.jpg (750x562, 110K)

I want to make a horror movie where the guy would spend all his days shitposting while his mother is aging instead of looking for work, so there would be like that constant fear of homelessness, as if the horrible fate could strike at any moment.

Haha that would be scary right?

>why yes Brendan, im a fan of the nintendo games, how did you know?

Whats worse is a ghost, a fucking ghost has glowing eyes.

this means that they have Tapetum lucidum in their eyes biologically, did they evolve when they die? what do they need it for?

It comes from Japan, and 20 years of being a cliche is still fresh and new to them. Bug people love formulaic shit. Have you ever watched anime? If you've watched any others of the same genre you can basically predict what episodes will be in it.

Attached: 1568438729223.png (644x800, 12K)

Based and kinopilled!
Would watch!

l miss /ffg/

It's a Japanese trend that we imported

yea shes lame but the way her victims look after she kills them is spooky

Simple. Imagine being a ghost that can't stop shaking.

>the guy was a transgendered black woman the whole time and the slow approach represents the struggle of non whites and her face finely fills the screen eclipsing the white background and ending the white viewers oppression over her