Sci-fi kino or shit?

sci-fi kino or shit?

Attached: Ad-Astra.jpg (800x1185, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nxi6rtBtBM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I highly doubt it's anything other than generic, worthless Hollywood slop.

>another oscar bait in space

Its sci-fi Heart of darkness, Im gonna watch it for the visuals if nothing else

>Gray
>generic Hollywood and Oscar bait
Not really. It will be father son slow burn kino.

Could be great, or could be slop. Waiting for initial word of mouth.

Why doesn't spacekino adopt the same standards as boatkino? Everybody assumes war in space will assume naval traditions and tactics, but that isn't really reflected in movies. Sure, you have big ships going to war but it often comes down to fighters harassing the enemy that wins the day in space movies. Why not Hunt for Red October in space?

American critics positive so far, European mixed (strange since they are the reason why Gray has a career), on letterboxd it has mixed reviews

rover gunplay i'm already sold

im far from gay but i want to suck off every character brad pitt portrays

>it's a director has to make their version of 2001; movie genre

Derivative schlop.

>Want to watch it because my favourite sex pest is supposedly in it
>He's not been in any recent trailers and removed it from his twitter.
>Last clip I saw had a female AI/robot voice.

Attached: file.png (750x696, 641K)

Looks fantastic from this trailer
youtu.be/nxi6rtBtBM0
I dont know why bit I get the feeling like it could be one of those films that's great and then has an absolutely abysmal shit ending that makes you hate the entire thing.

Attached: 20190913_222250.jpg (1603x780, 288K)

i'd like to go see it, so i hope at least it's nice.

rumour is the movie was complete shit, but brad ponied up some cash for reshoots and now it's at least watchable

Are there aliens?

The Lost City of Z was British Heart of Darkness
James Gray is baste

Does Brad beat up chink cultural icons in space?

>rumour is the movie was complete shit, but brad ponied up some cash for reshoots and now it's at least watchable
I'm gonna need a source on that

this
also das boot but in space

>space travel
>real
pick 1

Wrong. They only reshot the ending. The film was too non commercial, they are marketing is as Interstellar 2 but it's not that. It will be labeled as boring. It's a character study and father son relationship study. Also exploration film.

This. James Gray is a true auteur who makes KINO, not hollywood trash like Interstellar or Arrival

Star Trek II figured this out almost 40 years ago

>Why not Hunt for Red October in space?
Doesnt make much sense because in space you have the exact opposite problem than in submarines. You can see the enemy coming from thousand of kms of distance.

So.. is the father alive in the final version or no?

Will probably see it then. I'd be wary of any movie that has overwhelmingly positive critical reactions. I could use a break from jerking it to 2d waifus for an evening anyways,