/hor/ General

What horror movies have you guys got lined up for this year?

Attached: antidentite.jpg (1185x666, 331K)

I'm thinking the following:

>Never watched
Drag Me to Hell
Thirst
Martyrs
A Tale of Two Sisters
Audition
Dellamorte Dellamore
Mandy
Raw
The Wicker Man
The Wailing

>Haven't watched in forever
Candyman
House on Haunted Hill
Lifeforce
The Craft
The Fly
The Prowler
The VVitch
Train to Busan
Vampires
Witching and Bitching
A Cure for Wellness
Maniac (remake)

>The staples
Night of the Demons
Halloween 3
Suspiria
The Cabin in the Woods
The Guest
The Thing
VHS/VHS 2 (the good parts)
Planet Terror
Demons
Halloween

I like Horror movies but I've come to accept that the genre is a complete joke.

Attached: MV5BZmE2ODFlZjctOWZlZi00MGVkLTk5NDctYWZmMWQyOTczNjYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_[1].jpg (1100x1633, 237K)

Thanks for the list will be checking these out if available for torrent

Attached: 1562522226644.png (420x420, 309K)

Why?

I try not to plan for October, usually just go by what I'm feeling each night
Very based, lots of good picks, I think you will enjoy most of those that you haven't seen

Attached: image.jpg (600x900, 148K)

X-Ray aka Hospital Massacre is one of several horror movies I have which I've never watched but which I downloaded simply to preserve the nude scenes in HD.

Attached: HospitalMassacre_6609.jpg (349x531, 33K)

>/hor/
>/whore/
hehe

Attached: 1412001553068.jpg (1500x1416, 620K)

>V/H/S (the good parts)
Just out of curiosity, which are the good parts? Personally I really like the Halloween segment, as well as the succubus segment, which I think everyone likes.
I haven't seen the second one.

Those two are great. I also like the one with that director who makes sleazy shitty movies. Him getting stabbed in the throat is nightmare fuel for me. You're at your most vulnerable while asleep and that's the most cowardly way to murder a person.

VHS 2 has my favorite segment though (the cult one).

It's just silly. try and name horror kinos what even is there

Nice

The exorcist

Is pic related COOMing?

Gareth Evans segment in the second is good. And I know everyone hates 3, but I liked Nacho Vigalondo's part.

Thoughts on suspiria remake?

watched 1931 Dracula last night, dont know why people think it's "slow pased"

The standouts from the first one are Second Honeymoon (the murder in the motel), and 10/31/98 (the guys in the haunted house on Halloween). From the second one Safe Haven (the Asian cult) is the only one I enjoyed. The third movie is complete garbage but the Bonestorm segment was kind of cool (the skateboarders fighting the cult in Mexico).

I also liked the Nacho one, particularly that scene when the zeppelin soars overhead and the guy realizes how fucked the place is.

Wasn't that into it. I can't really explain why, I'd have to see it again. I like all the ingredients: scenes with witch shenanigans, horrible macabre dance mutilation magic, foreboding soundtrack, actually seeing the students dance, having a fleshed out setting, balls to the wall ending.

I dunno, maybe I just didn't like that old man character and was too busy being distracted by his shitty makeup every time he was onscreen, maybe it felt a bit soulless and perfunctory. It's not terrible and I'm glad it's different, but meh.

I think it has less to do with the pace and more to do with the moments of "dead-air" with no music or sound effects playing because it was an early talky.

Just got the Scream Factory In The Mouth of Madness re-release, looking forward to revisiting it. Has anybody here watched The Resurrected? The creature effects look top of the line but I don't know anyone who's actually seen it.

I watched mostly horror movies until a few years ago. Since then I mainly watch dramas. I got sick of all the shitty horror movies. It was rare I actually got to see a good/interesting one which was worth my time. I don't have plans but these were the ones I remember seeing in recent months:
Watched It (new one) on thursday and it was pretty good which I did not expect. Watched chapter 2 yesterday in the cinema and it was miles shittier and I can't stop complaining about the fucking runtime because at least 40-50 minutes of nothing happening should've been cut. Then there are a lot of other things I didn't like about it.
Happy death day was also a pleasant surprise though nothing special. Haven't watched the sequel.
Us was complete garbage.
Started checking out Cronenberg's stuff: Videodrome, Scanners, The dead zone, Shivers and I stopped here because the only one I liked was The dead zone. Wouldn't watch it again though. I've seen The fly ages ago but I don't remember anything apart from the plot as a whole.
Rewatched It follow. It still sucks.

The Shining
Night of the Demon
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Holy shit, Tilda Swinton looks like THAT?!

I didn't even know Scream released The Resurrected. I've always wanted to see it, might have to pick it up.
I'm not even a big King fan but I feel like I should get around to seeing the new It. All I see on the board is that it's horrible, but I'm hearing it's ok in other places. I am curious about your thoughts on Cronenberg though. Any particular reason you disliked those titles? I think he's a true king of the genre, especially body horror, but I could see why some wouldn't like his stuff.

I'm with you like 95% except I fucking love Videodrome. I also find numbers stations to be creepy as fuck, so that might explain it.

The Fly is great, you should watch it again.

Is Midsommar worth marathoning at the kinoplex?

I don’t know how you felt about Hereditary, but Midsommar was significantly weaker than it.

b-but his name translates to The Star Lion!

Dellamorte Dellamore is fucking great, enjoy.

never watched Hereditary

the only part of it i watched so far was gaybro getting girlontopped by those BEAUTIFUL fucking puffies

For me it's Nosferatu The Vampyr directed by Werner Herzog

Attached: Nosferatu_Kinski.jpg (600x323, 26K)

>I am curious about your thoughts on Cronenberg though. Any particular reason you disliked those titles?
It felt like I was watching some random noname movie on TV at my grandma in the afternoon because there is nothing else to do. Shivers felt way too shitty even for a first film and I like B horror movies. Videodrome's plot was kinda interesting but I did not give a rats ass about any of the characters I just wanted it to see how it ends. Scanners...this psychic stuff was really uninteresting for me. I only watched it because I just wanted to get a clearer picture of his style. As for dead zone I'd say the same but they included that asshole politician and that made the movie actually interesting/enjoyable for me.
I don't think I'll watch any more from him but I'll surely rewatch The fly. Oh and I have to mention effects, they looked great (except in Shivers).

Anna Falchi is legitimately one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen, like otherworldly beautiful.

Attached: MV5BYzdiMGRhN2YtZWFjOC00MDZlLTlhOTctMzBlZjZjY2U0ODRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ1NjgzOTA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,16 (1687x1000, 197K)

>mentions how beautiful she is
>posts a photo of her back and the back of his head

Attached: 1567979811814.png (403x448, 53K)

Horror is a suck genre now. It's all FX, and no meat. No psychology. No character development. It's all jump scare and gore.

her fakes really do it for me and im not even into fakes. must be the power of the puffies.

ikr

I miss practical effects and tits too.

I’m looking for something like the Blair Witch Project. I want some stuff in the woods and forests. Any recommendations?

Book of Shadows

Without Name

Hey guys, it's my birthday today and my date is coming over tonight to drink wine, eat pizza, watch a horror movie and birthday sex.

Can you suggest any good recent/new titles on Amazon Prime, Netflix or Shudder?

Attached: 1566778428237.jpg (720x960, 122K)

>good recent
pick one

I plan to see The Blob (1988) in the theater when it comes round in 2-3 weeks.