"Heh, nice try Game of Thrones, guess you couldn't just stick the landing, huh? Nothing personal, kid."

"Heh, nice try Game of Thrones, guess you couldn't just stick the landing, huh? Nothing personal, kid."

Attached: 6a8.png (404x411, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A_u9Hc0Yg1o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any episode of GoT is ten time superior to this old garbage. Only retards would disagree.

This is unironically true, LoTR is boring as fuck

>LOTR
>Garbage
No

Attached: 1568375043574.png (389x362, 218K)

Imagine thinking or believing this lmfao

>Any episode of GoT
>Any episode
>Any
You might want to think that one over some more bud

Attached: 1310628332220.jpg (764x740, 51K)

Did they ever stick anything?

You just posted cringe

Yeah, stuff up their arse.

GOT has a few good seasons. Like the first two. But the writing gets progressively worse as it goes on.

Yeah the first time I didn't immediately watch every episode was mid season 4 which I guess was around where I think it fell off.

early GoT had many lotr tier moments in it

Name a single scene that's better than, "But I can carry you!"

Asoiaf universe is way superior than lotr

Uh no

Bad poosi

The Chad Tolkien dabbing on the virgin Martin.

Hobbits and elves are lame

>Nihilism for the sake of it
>Ends exactly the same way as LotR but without any heart

What did Martin mean by this?

Not as lame as the "history" of Westeros where literally nothing happened in between the Andal Invasion and Aegon's Conquest

>Dude it's Tolkien but it's not

I enjoy more the low fantasy world than high fantasy, but Tolkien is a better writer than GURM no doubt

What is Martins policy on not finishing books and saying fuck you to the fans?

>wow everybody dies this is great television
people are idiots

Test

Based ban evader

Attached: 1552613061563.jpg (500x500, 96K)

Attached: 1567107440737.png (620x413, 218K)

But they say bad words too tee hee!

LotR
>almost 20 years old
>still talked about all the time

GoT
>over for what? a month?
>already forgotten

It's been 3 months and it's been utterly forgotten.

Attached: 1528050524382.png (323x241, 78K)

>NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU AWFUL TV SHOW YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE THE AWESOME HECKIN DOGGO PUPPER CHARACTER ARCS AND DO ME A FRIGHTEN WHERE WHITE MEN GET BTFO AND HERE'S WHY

Attached: 549854954934.png (231x218, 12K)

ASOIAF is high fantasy. In fact it's higher fantasy than Tolkien since magic is a lot more normalized.

Then i don't know, but i like how asoiaf is more realistic despite having dragons and magic

fpbp

Attached: 1504660094965.jpg (500x476, 26K)

>Families rule the same area for literally thousands of years
>Realistic

The book's late.

Attached: frodo.jpg (400x399, 44K)

You probably like how it's mostly humans. LotR has non-human races sprinkled everywhere and that might take you out of it emotionally; but almost all the characters in got are humans, even if they're doing magic nonsense all the time.

Well, yes.

Yeah, you're probably right

Name one

Windsor

Bro, the UK itself isn't even 1500 years old.

People just like having a soap opera with lots of characters and twists and turns, and no clear moral. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the problem is in trying to wrap up such a story. Ideally, a show like GoT would just not end. It would run for 50 years like Coronation Street.

Barely even a hundred years old.

Not really, i only cared about Jon in GoT

Well, you're the minority.

Some Germans who immigrated a century ago and also don't actually rule anything

that's exactly it. GOT is a soap opera, it's about people and how fucked up and absurd they are. lord of the rings is good verses evil, light verses dark and not really about the characters themselves. GOT is people kicking shit out of each other because humans are ridiculous and horrible. snobs don't like the idea of watching a soap opera though so you've got to dress it up. like downtown abbey. it's all the same shit.

Even going back to Saxe-Coburg-Gotha with the Georges that's only 305 years

zoomie woomie

He's right you know

Lying is a sin, fucker.

Based

Imagine GoT thinking it has anything even close to this much soul

youtu.be/A_u9Hc0Yg1o

Big fat super cringe

It's aids with a sprinkling of shit

found the nigger

>Did they ever stick anything?
A big spider, couple of goblins

hmmm
sorry, needs more detailed descriptions of feasts and daenerys' diarrhea to be MATURE fantasy

Attached: fat fuck.jpg (500x272, 36K)

is that even in the books? The osgiliath scene obviously isn't but I can't recall if there's a speech of the same jist.

>thinking anyone here actually reads books and isn't a wiki tourist

i read upto shelob who's in two towers, and no i don't remember anything like that. but honestly what i mostly remember about the books is tolkien's neverending description of the landscape and boromir being a fucking boss on the pass of Caradhras, shovelling snow out of the way non stop.

GOT was nothing but titties and dragons. There was nothing nuanced or meaningful about that series. Already is aging horribly mere months later.

‘I don’t like anything here at all,’ said Frodo, ‘step or stone, breath or bone. Earth, air and water all seem accursed. But so our path is laid.’

‘Yes, that’s so,’ said Sam. ‘And we shouldn’t be here at all, if we’d known more about it before we started. But I suppose it’s often that way. The brave things in the old tales and songs, Mr. Frodo: adventures, as I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull, a kind of a sport, as you might say. But that’s not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have been just landed in them, usually – their paths were laid that way, as you put it. But I expect they had lots of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn’t. And if they had, we shouldn’t know, because they’d have been forgotten. We hear about those as just went on – and not all to a good end, mind you; at least not to what folk inside a story and not outside it call a good end. You know, coming home, and finding things all right, though not quite the same – like old Mr. Bilbo. But those aren’t always the best tales to hear, though they may be the best tales to get landed in! I wonder what sort of a tale we’ve fallen into?’

‘I wonder,’ said Frodo. ‘But I don’t know. And that’s the way of a real tale. Take any one that you’re fond of. You may know, or guess, what kind of a tale it is, happy-ending or sad-ending, but the people in it don’t know. And you don’t want them to.’

‘No, sir, of course not. Beren now, he never thought he was going to get that Silmaril from the Iron Crown in Thangorodrim, and yet he did, and that was a worse place and a blacker danger than ours. But that’s a long tale, of course, and goes on past the happiness and into grief and beyond it – and the Silmaril went on and came to Eärendil. And why, sir, I never thought of that before! We’ve got – you’ve got some of the light of it in that star-glass that the Lady gave you! Why, to think of it, we’re in the same tale still! It’s going on. Don’t the great tales never end?’

They will answer to the King of Gondor!

‘No, they never end as tales,’ said Frodo. ‘But the people in them come, and go when their part’s ended. Our part will end later – or sooner.’

‘And then we can have some rest and some sleep,’ said Sam. He laughed grimly. ‘And I mean just that, Mr. Frodo. I mean plain ordinary rest, and sleep, and waking up to a morning’s work in the garden. I’m afraid that’s all I’m hoping for all the time. All the big important plans are not for my sort. Still, I wonder if we shall ever be put into songs or tales. We’re in one, of course; but I mean: put into words, you know, told by the fireside, or read out of a great big book with red and black letters, years and years afterwards. And people will say: “Let’s hear about Frodo and the Ring!” And they’ll say: “Yes, that’s one of my favourite stories. Frodo was very brave, wasn’t he, dad?” “Yes, my boy, the famousest of the hobbits, and that’s saying a lot.”’

I dunwannit

Attached: 1527976321772.png (1088x729, 249K)

‘It’s saying a lot too much,’ said Frodo, and he laughed, a long clear laugh from his heart. Such a sound had not been heard in those places since Sauron came to Middle-earth. To Sam suddenly it seemed as if all the stones were listening and the tall rocks leaning over them. But Frodo did not heed them; he laughed again. ‘Why, Sam,’ he said, ‘to hear you somehow makes me as merry as if the story was already written. But you’ve left out one of the chief characters: Samwise the stouthearted. “I want to hear more about Sam, dad. Why didn’t they put in more of his talk, dad? That’s what I like, it makes me laugh. And Frodo wouldn’t have got far without Sam, would he, dad?”’

‘Now, Mr. Frodo,’ said Sam, ‘you shouldn’t make fun. I was serious.’

‘So was I,’ said Frodo, ‘and so I am. We’re going on a bit too fast. You and I, Sam, are still stuck in the worst places of the story, and it is all too likely that some will say at this point: “Shut the book now, dad; we don’t want to read any more.”’

‘Maybe,’ said Sam, ‘but I wouldn’t be one to say that.

-The Stairs of Cirith Ungol

D-DELET THIS!

Attached: bald, crying, cocksucker.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

hacks everywhere seething

Attached: where's the pedo sex scene.jpg (275x183, 7K)

AYO MARTIN WHAS YO POLICY ON GETTN DABBED ON

But really, my biggest takeaway from Game of Thrones was that I took The Lord of the Rings for granted. It really was something special.

Attached: 1CE89687-C435-4F6C-8CDE-ED6AC6B157D1.jpg (600x600, 122K)

>writes pages upon pages about a 13 year old getting fucked, sucking dick, swallowing cum, letting guys finish inside her, mounting men twice her age, taking it up the ass, using her tits to get a guy off and begging for more
>gets paid for it
>gets away with it
What the fuck?

i was big into harry potter as a kid then when i saw fellowship of the ring in the cinema it just ruined me for anything else.

>In fact it's higher fantasy than Tolkien since magic is a lot more normalized.

???????

The only magic in ASOIAF is the Red Priest(ess) stuff.

it really was a perfect storm - it had every right to fail and yet miraculously didnt i mean just look at borochads outfit

Attached: 49279055.jpg (1978x2878, 825K)

and theres hardly any magic in lotr

this is true. and the books are better than the LOTR books.

it's a gritty realistic medieval world, pal
no, of course i'm not just writing in my fantasies

Attached: mm yes cunny.jpg (1420x945, 130K)

it's implied that all history in Westeros before the Andal invasion is mythology more than actual history. Sam explains this to Jon - there's a faction in the Citadel that think we should be skeptical of all ancient history. Probably the major houses at the time of the Andal invasion lied about how old and important their families were.

>'oftentimes consumation of marriage wasn't carried out for months in a period of self reflection and piety on the part of the male spouse. Sex in the middle ages could almost have been said to be considered a 'neccessary evil' for the male monarch, one which endangered the soul and which inspired an earnest quest for the most purile and abstinent of female partners.'

One thing the show got right was making everyone like 3 years older.

I had to go back and watch some of LOTR again because GOT was just so embarrassing.

Andal invasion was still thousands of years ago. Which means Starks still ruled for thousands of years with Lord Commander records going back to at least the 600s of shit that survived all that time anyway that still included lots of Starks who became lord commander because they were brothers, sons or bastards of the King

wut

George is still perverted as fuck. He's clearly working out his fantasies through Dany

The books start out with Dany being 13 and doing all these things. And getting pregnant at 13 too

Dany does all that and more in the books while being a child

>It really was something special.
Yeah, the same way MCU capeshit is special to retards. Get real. If you like LOTR more than ASOIAF past the age of 12, there is seriously something wrong with you.

Attached: after drinking soy.jpg (1021x592, 442K)

Red-pilled take

i hope to god you are being ironic or just baiting for replies

Why would you shit water, wouldn't your body just make you piss instead?

>people suffering from sickness actually throw up and shit
lol, so weird indeed. Btw, the scene actually makes sense in terms of plot because Dany actually didn't believe that Targaryens could get sick like normal people. It's, what I imagine, to be a humbling experience.

The only real big problem with Lotr was the lack women in the fellowship. The one blemish.

(you)

You can't use the "everything is propaganda" 40K argument, it's well established that the big houses like Royce, Stark and Bolton have been around long before the Andals wandered in, and even then those Andal houses like Arryn have been around holding the same fucking land for allegedly 6000 years, 3000 according to skeptical maesters and Sam

That’s a good thing.

normally your intestine is supposed to absorb water based on osmotic gradient;
toxins or bacteria fuck with the intestinal lining so that it fails to do that, or even starts leaking water instead
it's how cholera kills, people die of dehydration by literally shitting all their water out

Doesn't LOTR do the same shit? The house of Gondor basically has its origin in the days of Numenor. Furthermore, there is no real evidence on whether house Stark existed during the days of Bran the Builder, for example, and if that isn't a propaganda myth made by the Starks to seem more important. In ancient and medieval Europe, houses always tried to claim their history goes back thousands of years, some even tried to claim they are descended from mythological characters.

LOTR doesn't bill itself as realistic or grounded in reality like ASOIAF does

What's unrealistic? We don't know for sure how long these houses have existed. Only that most of them have existed for approximately 300 years between Aegon's conquest and the start of the main story. George employs the unreliable narrator. Even the world building spin-offs are written by the eyes of the maesters and thus unreliable.

>We don't know for sure how long these houses have existed
>Obviously all those houses aggrandized their rivals by saying they've fought them for thousands of years as a joke!
Yeah, and Storms End, Winterfell and Casterly Rock just poofed into existence, fuck off retard

No minorities on my fucking board go back where you came from

The fuck u on about nigger

Grrrr me hate niggy

No but for real I do

>Obviously all those houses aggrandized their rivals by saying they've fought them for thousands of years as a joke!
projection on your part there.
>Yeah, and Storms End, Winterfell and Casterly Rock just poofed into existence, fuck off retard
I don't remember these castles being named Baratheon, Stark and Lannister.

game of thrones is at times the worst television I've ever watched. It's actually quite bad a lot more than it should've been for such an overhyped show.

Oh god you're american, aren't you? That speech is absolute cringe.
I actually shed a tear at what Faramir said when he let them go, but this speech is probably the worst of all the speeches in the whole trilogy.
You could at least have posted Boromir's dying speech or Theoden's speech before the charge.

See

>this speech is probably the worst of all the speeches in the whole trilogy
wow man.

>mature fantasy for mature people like me

Attached: 663.jpg (160x216, 7K)

Aragorn is a terrible character.

How is it projection? Your claim is they all made up their history but apparently their enemies totally agree with the sentiment, it doesn't make any sense. There's a world of difference between house BANE? claiming that their progenitor was a fucking necromancer and the BANE?fort existing for thousands of years using the exact same arms

your sister is a terrible character.

Wiki says that basically the oldest Stark who was a Lord Commander was Osric, which is 400 years before Aegon's conquest, so House Stark is at least 700 years old. Cool. Nothing abnormal either way. The Bagratis who ruled Georgia until the 19th century traced their origins back to Achaemenid Persia 400 BC.

Examples?

Based. You don't want to read about Emilia Clarke sucking 3 cocks at once and then shitting an entire river?

every hbo production is essentially a soap opera

>The Bagratis who ruled Georgia until the 19th century traced their origins back to Achaemenid Persia 400 BC
They didn't claim to be the exact same fucking family you idiot
War Across The Water, the Arryns and Starks both claim to have fought over those shit islands full of inbred retards 2000 years before the events in AGOT, the Andals and First Men both agree the Starks as Kings of Winter stopped the Andal Invasion from touching the North at Moat Cailin, there are tonnes more but they have a lot less lore behind them except brief mentions of House Stark taking "thousands of years" to consolidate control of the North

I'd cum in that slut provided she was of age and also consenting of course

>Name a single scene that's better than, "But I can carry you!"
You don't have to be so based and truthpilled dude

See

And kept the same Dynastic name ruling the same place? No. And that was just the youngest Lord Commander, not the one furthest back. You also have Rape of the Three Sisters between Vale and North, Stark vs Arryn (Andals) and that lasted years and happened 2,000 years ago

You don't have to be so based and truthpilled dude

it's not "well established", the first men only had oral tradition. This is very realistic, when the Spanish met the Incans, they mostly had oral tradition and all the most powerful families lied about how old and important they were.

I'm a bong so go fuck yourself mate. Fucking twat

So the Arryns just agree because of what? You'd think they'd WANT to discredit the Stark's in the years after all this wouldn't you? Why would they totally agree with their claims? The HRE and ERE constantly shit on each others legitimacy just as an example

>landing
i dunno how you could possibly be climbing for the same amount of time as you are falling
i suppose by being a slow fatass

being this much the dickwad here

>one of the most recognizable and loved stories of all time that has influenced decades of literature
>schlock that will never be finished and was forgotten two days after the tv finale
hmm

>succinctly encapsulating the reason human beings keep going in life
>absolute cringe
you fucking bellend

this
like potter shit

Bravo
an hahaha

Anything after season 4 is unwatchable story-wise

If I was in your house right now I'd shit somewhere you'd never find it and set up a spray nozzle attached to a nose which would automatically spritz it with water every so often to keep it moist and smelly.

Just take the tendies from basement guy

even potter movies are better than got(tv)
bookwise they're pretty equal

Why are you booing? You know I am right.

bellend.

butthurt.

LOTR is shit and all the characters are pussies. If Euron was in LOTR he could just teleport to Mt Doom, put the ring on his BIG COCK and fuck Sauron to death. It took Frodo 3 movies to shuffle over there and flail about like a virgin.

>euron's cock is the girth of a finger
yikes

>booing?

Is this some capeshit dude

Attached: 1449944558303.jpg (873x743, 123K)

The ring changes in size to fit the wearer. Thus it would enlarge to enormous proportions for Euron's GIANT DICK.

6/10 made me reply