Which is the patricians choice

Which is the patricians choice

Attached: ',.jpg (763x402, 32K)

Alien

/thread

This

Attached: fe13f79792ef3b5ac873f85df5bc0a25.jpg (224x320, 10K)

Aliens.

Alien is a shitty haunted house B-movie but with a budget.

Aliens has actual writing.

Correct

Aliens is more enjoyable and is always fun on a rewatch. Alien can feel pretty boring if you're not really in the mood for it.

Both
>sci fi horror, with slasher tones
>sci fi horror with belic tones
Both executed masterfully

user pls. I don't even mind Alien 3, but it's easily the worst of the trilogy. Still better than that shitshow Resurrection though.

The patrician appreciates both equally, as theyre both masterpieces.
Based

>best score
>best alien design
>one of the best motivational speeches in movie history
>best set design
>best atmosphere

Plus, the fact that it's actually scary.
3 > 1 > 2

i really like the human-alien hybrid

Wtf? 3 still tries to be an horror movie with a claustrophobic environment, no weapons, only one monster and somewhat likebale characters, like the priest guy, resurrection is basically a darker gotg, with androids, creeps, ron pearlman, hybrid ripley.

This

And this

cameroncuck

Based trips

Attached: reddit avatar.jpg (587x394, 77K)

Avatar is just Custers Revenge in space.

Alien is a beautiful film.

Aliens is a kino blockbuster

Fpbp

The worst part of Alien is the alien. It literally looks and moves like a man in a rubber suit.

Prometheus > Aliens > Alien

fight me.

edgelord bullshit

Does it matter? Why does everything always have to be ranked? Isn't it enough they're both good movies?

Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Alien 3 > rest of series

Both, because they’re different genres of movie

one is a peak 70s movie and the other is a text book 80s movie, you can learn a great deal from both.

Everything about Alien is better

>Title
The title of the original movies has multiple layers of meaning. It could be a noun or an adjective. It can refer to how foreign the xenomorphs life-cycle is to our own. It can even refer to Ash's otherness as an android. Meanwhile for the sequel they just made it plural. This is like one step up from using the word "Too" in a sequel's title

>The characters
The idea to make the characters blue-collar space truckers is inherently more interesting than hurr-durr space marines

>The cast
The cast of Aliens is good, but the cast of the first film is way better. John Hurt, Harry Dean Stanton, Ian Holm. I mean come on. It even has the guy from Picket Fences. Aliens? It's got the guy from Mad About You. Whatever.

Also, the fact that Ian Holm doesn't look like a typical android is again more interesting. Lance Hendrickson on the other hand looks like the obvious choice for an android character, which is right in line with everything else about Aliens--obvious. (inb4 the fact that Ash wasn't human was meant to be a secret, while for Bishop this wasn't the case)

Prometheus is non-canon. They're the scattered fever dream of a man gone senile.

>The creature(s)
In the first movie, the alien threat is constantly changing and evolving, and the audience never knows what to expect. First we see the egineer pilot, then the eggs, then the face hugger, then the chest burster, and finally the full-fledge xenomorph, which is itself gradually revealed like Jaws. O'bannon didn't want to do another man-in-a-rubber-suit horror movie, so the whole story is about the creature's life cycle instead. Of course, it does kind of turn into a typical monster movie about halfway through, but still.

But in Aliens the whole life cycle aspect seems almost superfluous. Sure, there are the scenes where they find humans gummed-up with chestebursters, and there is the part when they are locked in the room with the face hugger. Still, it at the end of the day it has little to do with the creatures life-cycle and it's just a story about marines fighting monsters in space. You could have the outpost be overrun with snow leopards instead of xenomorphs and it wouldn't change things all that much

(inb4 hurr durr what about the queen? They're just like ants lol)

Reminder. Nothing after the first 2 exists.

Attached: 20190707-151919.jpg (1396x1723, 1.17M)

both. No sense in being a pretentious tryhard faggot

Same with the Predator and Terminator series.

How is Alien 4 worse than Alien 3?

Attached: 1549219793099.png (1050x1493, 1.73M)

>Themes
Alien deals with dark themes about sexuality and violence, rape, male impregnation, body horror. And it's all done in a unique and elegant way.

The main theme of Aliens? Motherhood. Bravo Cameroon.

>The ending
In the first movie we get a tense scene with prime Weaver in a pair of panties that his three sizes too small with her sweaty butt crack hanging out while she fends off a nightmarish alien creature with a head like a giant block cock.

In the second movie we get Weaver fighting the queen in that loader. It's undoubtedly a cool scene, but it's not as cool as half-naked chick fighting off nine-foot black rape beast

About exactly how I feel. Aliens is great, but it isn't anything really new or different. Definitley an enjoyable flick, but not nearly as subtle or inventice as the first one.

Because Alien 4 is Resurrection and that got pretty shit towards the end

i've never been able to properly articulate it but i fucking hate alien4
it's weird because it's got all these great actors that SHOULD be in aliens movies like brad dourif, leland orser, michael wincott and yo lil donnie but somehow the movie completely falls apart for me after the ayliums break lose.
i like jeunet and before the movie came out i was really hyped because the lost children style applied to aliens seemed like such a good idea but when it came out it just wouldnt work for me
maybe it's because it feels more like a jeunet fairytale, removes some of the harshness of the world or something... not that the a4 world isnt harsh but its more like surreal harsh than the bleakness of a1 and a3.
Rewatching them all a3 just keeps getting better and better on every rewatch and i keep dreading a4 more and more... the shitty underwater scene, the misplaced jokes, the wasted potential of the newborn...

Oh and one last thing that has always stood out for me is that Alien really seems timeless somehow, even despite some of the old-timey tech. Even though the computer monitors look like they are straight out of the eighties, it somehow doesn't bother me in the first film because everything else about the sets feels so real and lived in. The exception would be the AI room, which is kind of cheesy imo

But Aliens has a lot of shit that is just corny as fuck. Like at the beginning when Ripley is convalescing and she's sitting on a park bench staring at a picture of a park on a big screen. Oh wow! How cool and futuristic! Like come on even when the movie came out that seemed dumb as fuck. And when the screen shuts off it even goes down to a little white dot like an old school tv screen.

>The exception would be the AI room
it's supposed to evoke feelings of being in a church with lots of candles burning
i always loved the mother scenes in alien

I agree on the underwater part and the newborn shit but the first half is pure kino especially when the soldiers try to escape.

Interesting concepts but not really good movies. Rian Johnson or Zack Snyder should be allowed to do a remake.

Plebs. Theyre both equally great

alien

Attached: 65165919_10156600657934075_2848005527080796160_n.jpg (760x430, 38K)

Aliens made more money and firmly established the franchise.

ALIEN - Foundation
ALIENS - House
ALIEN 3 - House fire

The patrician choice is realising that you don't have to choose since they are different genres and not really comparable directly.

Aliens. We've been with Ripley already so she doesn't need to be established and it's already satisfying just seeing her continue. It's like Sarah Connor in T2, we get it and so we just have a good sequel without wasting time.
>durr no alien is a slasher that makes it better
fuck slashers

>Which is the patricians choice
liking both because each one has its merits

-s

Does Alien even have an alien in it? I keep falling asleep in the first hour. A really slow and boring drama.

i liked alien better. the effects of aliens didn't age well.

I wouldn't beat an old man Ridley

Alien is just Rosemary's Baby in space.

both and prometheus

The theme of Aliens is the superiority and eventual triumph of the American nuclear family bond (represented by Ripley, Newt, and Hicks) over the communist hordes (the xenomorphs).

But also a vietnam allegory with the colonial marines being beaten by an technologically inferior foe

alien isolation > alien >> aliens >>>> the rest

comfy game

>Aliens has actual writing.

GAME OVER MAN
GAME
OVER

Rosemary's Baby in space sounds fucking lit

>The environment
In Alien you get the extremely creepy atmosphere of being alone and isolated out in deep space. When the crew awakens from their slumber, they quickly realize that they're only about halfway home back to Earth. It's just their spaceship approaching a creepy fucking planet instead of the warm and inviting comfort of planet Earth.

>The environment, part 2 - The Nostromo
Their spaceship is an epic combination of sci-fi badass and epic creepiness. I love it, from the name to the voice of "Mother." Let's also not forget about the eyes-glued-to-the-screen self-destruction sequence.

Attached: reddatar.png (938x630, 899K)

>disrespecting the film that gave us the greatest narrative arc contained in a film series, ever
Fuck off, pleb.

Attached: bonus.jpg (873x1633, 815K)

But which VERSION of Alien 3?

Theatrical rip - alien bursting out of dog; alien bursting out of Ripley as she's falling to her death

Director's cut - alien bursting out of cow; Ripley killing herself before alien bursts from her chest

Alien - foundation
Aliens - house
Alien 3 - attached garage
Alien Resurrection - niggers moving in next door

factually correct opinion

lel

You have to remember this movie was made in the late 1970s.

aliens is good but in a fun action movie way