This is Ungoliant. She is very special

This is Ungoliant. She is very special.

Say something nice about her RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!

Attached: UqV0o_-5wb5aQ_XXfP5RlsApotaWJGYYBTcj8Ng6-AA.jpg (1209x661, 109K)

She got a THICC booty

no, you can't eat the fucking jewels REEEEEEE

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 5K)

melkor and morgoth shouldve been diferent characters

Who?

Three tiers of evil dark lords is too much.

Shut the fuck up, fuckboi. I'll do what I want lol

[autistic screeching resonates for eternity]

no its not, what's too much is making lotr and then nerfing sauron by creating this super duper gary stu called melkor goth thzt pretty much everything way better and for way more time

Spiders are bros. They eat evil mosquitos.

>But Ungoliant had grown great, and he less by the power that had gone out of him; and she rose against him, and her cloud closed about him, and she enmeshed him in a web of clinging thongs to strangle him. Then Morgoth sent forth a terrible cry, that echoed in the mountains. Therefore that region was called Lammoth; for the echoes of his voice dwelt there ever after, so that any who cried aloud in that land awoke them, and all the waste between the hills and the sea was filled with a clamour as of voices in anguish. The cry of Morgoth in that hour was the greatest and most dreadful that was ever heard in the northern world; the mountains shook, and the earth trembled, and rocks were riven asunder. Deep in forgotten places that cry was heard. Far beneath the ruined halls of Angband, in vaults to which the Valar in the haste of their assault had not descended, Balrogs lurked still, awaiting ever the return of their Lord; and now swiftly they arose, and passing over Hithlum they came to Lammoth as a tempest of fire. With their whips of flame they smote asunder the webs of Ungoliant, and she quailed, and turned to flight, belching black vapours to cover her; and fleeing from the north she went down into Beleriand, and dwelt beneath Ered Gorgoroth, in that dark valley that was after called Nan Dungortheb, the Valley of Dreadful Death, because of the horror that she bred there. For other foul creatures of spider form had dwelt there since the days of the delving of Angband, and she mated with them, and devoured them; and even after Ungoliant herself departed, and went whither she would into the forgotten south of the world, her offspring abode there and wove their hideous webs. Of the fate of Ungoliant no tale tells. Yet some have said that she ended long ago, when in her uttermost famine she devoured herself at last.

Attached: TN-Ungoliant_Demands_the_Silmarils.jpg (450x299, 28K)

OK that's nice and all, but you're gonna need to say that in a way that I can actually understand. I'm not here to decipher your autistic gibberish.

This is just one of many reasons we'll never see an adaption.

Cretin

>Melkor got mugged by a Spider and needed saving by a bunch of Balrogs
Is this right?

Yes, and Sauron got beat up by a dog.

Sauron also got beat by a regular fucking human.

This is what a strong female character looks like.

I think what he's saying is that it's stupid to write a character like "Sauron" as the big, ultimate evil in your epic story, and then immediately pussify him in your next story by saying "but actually, he worked for an even bigger, more ultimate bad".

I don't know that it's accurate though. Pretty sure they reference Morgoth/Melkor throughout LOTR.

Sounds like they could do a G1 Transformers style cartoon involving Melkorton and Saurscream having their dumb plotss foiled by Unicron Spider and doggobots.

She's really good at succ
Succing the light out of magic trees, that is
Currently reading Silmarillion for the first time. Nice thread OP.

Tolkien wrote the lore before lotr, it just wasn't published. Also who the fuck cares

what even was ungoliant?

Attached: 8F1G8TE.jpg (1600x1200, 576K)

why is this so funny?

a cosmic horror from beyond the stars shaped vaguely like a spider and characterised by endless hunger

an eldritch thing from beyond the creation of eru, also a hungry bitch

A woman

she came from the establishment formerly known as chucks

big spider

What is this establishment known as today?

So IT and ungoliant are the same thing?

melkor and the writings that formed the silmarillion predated LOTR by a long long time, he was wiriting it during WW1.

if you consider that sk ripped of everyone including tolkien and called DT his "lotr" then yes sure

be so beta that an entire region is named after your squeals

>DT his "lotr
does he really believe that... dark tower was mostly trash

but he said it

for you

I can envision this in my mind perfectly. It's incredible.

all of the silmarillion is like that, and a lot of lotr

Oh I know, I'm reading the Fall of Gondolin right now, the fall of Nargothrond is beautiful.

so is it not part of eru's creation? I thought everything came from him, that's what confuses me

she came from the void outside of the song, thats all your ever going to get, and its better that way

makes you wonder what else is in the void

seethe more

I like legs, she has many

the creatures that live in the bones of the earth, gandalf and the balrog westle with them while they run through the tunnels on their way to zirak zizgal

GOD DAMN UNGORRIANT!

Attached: Y6DI5cV.jpg (403x403, 20K)

So basically there's something with even higher powerlevel than Eru? Wasn't Tolkien supposedly catholic? This is outright blasphemy

Attached: Morgoth en appelle à Ungoliante - 1995.jpg (1406x3092, 846K)

>
So, Eru training arc?

no not higher just different, something he didn't make

GEMS OF TREELIGHT
THEIR LIFE BELONGS TO ME

>Say something nice about her RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!
I want to fuck her great, great, great, great grand daughter and suck her toes

Attached: Shelob.jpg (1080x608, 44K)

Imagine fucking a woman and after you cum inside her, you keep thrusting a bit for that great feeling of having your cock inside inside her wet hole and as you are thrusting she slowly transforms into an oversized spider that goes by the name of Shelob.

I don't know if I want the last thing I remember be having my dick inside a spider.

For all his creativity, the overall story of Middle Earth is just some straight up plagiarism of the Old Testament. It's kind of a shame as it is my favorite fantasy universe but the Eru part is incredibly weak and unoriginal writing.

Attached: 1567995404444.jpg (284x339, 18K)

The text says she came from the darkness about Arda (the world), not Ea (creation).

which one? their are many texts

>the overall story of Middle Earth is just some straight up plagiarism of the Old Testament.
So is the majority of Western art and literature.

It's more of a rip-off of Scandinavian mythology, Elves, Dwarfs, fiery daemons and godlike spirits that take the form of men, the Trees of Valinor might have some parallels to Yggdrasil idk

It's just a natural conclusion of myth-making that the writing will draw on the same archetypal themes as the NT and other religious stories. Joseph Campbell and others have identified these themes. That said, the Valar pantheon of Eru's thought-offspring is distinctly non-Christian and more neoplatonic in general.

Ungoliant and Tom Bombadill were already in Arda when the Vala and the Maia arrived, so my guess they had the same origin but were polar opposites-

I'd love a very stylised animated film skimming the events of the simarillion, possibly 5 or 6 shorts dealing with various events, Beren and Luthien, the children of Hurin, the Lay of Illuvatar, the kinslaying etc etc. I'd prefer that and the quality it could have had with such a huge budget, over the amazon second age show.

elf thread

Attached: 1564332252799.jpg (811x1080, 99K)

>he thinks the Old Testament was original
imagine thinking this

The Silmarillion, which also suggests that she's simply a maiar corrupted by Melkor's influence (albeit in an "it is said..." kind of way, but that's how half the Silmarillion is dictated anyway).
There is nothing to suggest she came from outside of the song other than the (understandable) urge to classify her as a primordial chaos monster in tune with other mythologies. However this would put her at odds with Tolkien's central philosophy of man's creative and linguistic capacity as reflective of a single ultimate creator.

Nobody knows what the void is. Perhaps it is outside Eru's influence, or perhaps it is part of his designs. There are plenty of things Eru keeps secret from his creations.

Based and true. Comparative mythology shows myths related to those collected in the Old Testament everywhere from Africa to North America.

The "it is said" in the Silmarillion is that Ungoliant came from the darkness outside Arda, I think you may be misremembering things.

the silmarillion never suggests that she is maiar quite the opposite, what the fuck are you talking about?

If he didn't create her that one time it doesn't mean that he didn't create her at some point. The god of Judaism made and discarded a whole bunch of stuff before he created the reality we live in.

at that time Arda was a formless void though, and we already know Illuvatar found the spark of life in it, either through inspiration or as an actual force that existed in tangent with himself, so there was already a world as such with things in it. Ea would refer to the song. We don't know what created Eru and the void of Arda.

what?

there's a one true creationist god because tolkien was a devout catholic, but there are parallels with other mythology, the valar are more in line with the greek or norse pantheon of gods on earth, and he says himself the elves and their languages have roots in scandinavian and especially finnish, he was inspired by lots of different sources of mythology.

>Gary Stu
>Gets his ass eaten by a spider and moans so loudly that fire demons from the ground below him awaken to help him
>Gets beaten by a character that is introduced at the last minute
Oh yeah Gary Stu sure

>he says himself the elves and their languages have roots in scandinavian and especially finnish
He said no such thing. Quenya has elements inspired by Finnish, but that's it.

And also: Finnish is by no means Scandinavian language. Finland is not located in Scandinavia and Finnish is not related to the languages spoken there in any way, except for a number of loan words from Swedish.

>Sauron got beat up by a dog
Elaborate? Is this in the Second Age?

Did you buy a physical copy of the book or digital copy? Where can I read it?

the first actually, it was a mexican dog too

Sauron isn't nerfed by Morgoth, it allows him to be a different kind of overlord. He isn't the source of evil, he just uses it for expediency.

Imagine being such a quadrozoomer...

Please tell me

That's what I said. It states
>some have said that in ages long before she descended from the darkness that lies about Arda, when Melkor first looked down in envy upon the Kingdom of Manwe
To descend from said darkness is not particularly special and does not imply lovecraftian cosmic horror outside of Eru's creation as it is what all ainu did to enter the world. It simply implies that she entered the world early and went about her own business. What would be special is descending from the darkness about Ea specifically, as in, outside of creation.

Next sentence
>and that in the beginning she was one of those corrupted to his service

Arda is the world post-creation. It was never formless void. Ea is Eru's creation in it's totality. The only thing we know of that exists outside of it are the timeless halls and, maybe, the void, if either can even be said to exist in any sensible state.
To ask about what created Eru just puts you in an eternal return until you settle on something created ex nihilo, as with any omnipotent god. It makes just as much if not more sense to simply assume that Eru is eternal. As for the flame, I'm not sure if it's spelt out anywhere, but it seems most analogous with the Christian Word, i.e. the flame was with Eru, and was Eru.

there

Attached: IMAG2242.jpg (2140x1600, 584K)

In Judaism, the God had to form a void inside which the world could be created by contracting a part of his infinite form that initially filled all of existence. It's called tzimtzum.

What the fuck was her* problem?
>DUDE MY HUNGER KNOWS NO LIMITS!

Foolish Spider.

>‘Huan is there!’ Now Sauron knew well, as did all in that land, the fate that was decreed for the hound of Valinor, and it came into his thought that he himself would accomplish it. Therefore he took upon himself the form of a werewolf, and made himself the mightiest that had yet walked the world; and he came forth to win the passage of the bridge. So great was the horror of his approach that Huan leaped aside. Then Sauron sprang upon Lúthien; and she swooned before the menace of the fell spirit in his eyes and the foul vapour of his breath. But even as he came, falling she cast a fold of her dark cloak before his eyes; and he stumbled, for a fleeting drowsiness came upon him. Then Huan sprang. There befell the battle of Huan and Wolf-Sauron, and the howls and baying echoed in the hills, and the watchers on the walls of Ered Wethrin across the valley heard it afar and were dismayed. But no wizardry nor spell, neither fang nor venom, nor devil’s art nor beast-strength, could overthrow Huan of Valinor; and he took his foe by the throat and pinned him down. Then Sauron shifted shape, from wolf to serpent, and from monster to his own accustomed form; but he could not elude the grip of Huan without forsaking his body utterly. Ere his foul spirit left its dark house, Lúthien came to him, and said that he should be stripped of his raiment of flesh, and his ghost be sent quaking back to Morgoth; and she said: ‘There everlastingly thy naked self shall endure the torment of his scorn, pierced by his eyes, unless thou yield to me the mastery of thy tower.’ Then Sauron yielded himself, and Lúthien took the mastery of the isle and all that was there; and Huan released him. And immediately he took the form of a vampire, great as a dark cloud across the moon, and he fled, dripping blood from his throat upon the trees, and came to Taur-nu-Fuin, and dwelt there, filling it with horror.

Attached: TN-Huan_Subdues_Sauron.jpg (450x300, 51K)

good boy

Can I have this nonsense in English pls?

>bites your glowing trees
heh, nothin personnel kid

Ok, I gotta read it again.

You are a fucking idiot and undoubtedly American

found the american adaptation:
YA BOY JUAN HERE
now that was one big pibble, and sauron jackson thought to cap that dawg right on his stoop
so he grabbed his nine, and slammed door open so loud, that juan near shit itself when big sau stepped up to him
saurizzle then tried to feel up lateefa, but she aimed her phat ass right at him and BRAPPED so hard he felt dizzy, which is when juan jumped him
ain't no one in the hood ever seen a nigga fight a dawg so hard before and holler and swear so much, but finally the pibble(as they do) got him by the neck, and no matter how much sau-z wriggled he couldn't get it off him without going straight to jeebus
finally the shawty stepped up to him and said 'yo, this crib here mine now', so lil 'ron had to bounce, his ass so beat that he had a dope fiend lean too

Ok ok, but now can I have it in WHITE English? This nigger gibberish is worse than the original.

So Ungoliant is what inspired pic related correct?

Attached: 1505731747-pennywise-teeth-it-movie.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

You're a fucking idiot.

>Sauron knows of a legend of a giant dog that kicks ass
>Turns himself into a Wolf, thinking he can fulfil the legend
>That legend aint about him, and a giant fucking Dog named Huan kicks his shit in
>Huan's BFF is the fairest lady to ever live, Luthien. She and Huan are here to rescue her lover.
>Luthien tells Sauron that unless he relinquishes control of the tower (and the isle about it) that her lover is trapped within, he will be destroyed entirely by Huan and Sauron's master will laugh at him forever
>Sauron wusses out, hands over the island and turns into a bat and runs away crying

Nice

WHERE CAN I RUN, WHERE CAN I HIDE THE SILMARILS?

some lord and the ring bollocks

This all sounds very strange. Are we sure this really happened?

if she was so strong, how did she get her ass whooped by a couple of belrogs?

ballgrogs are fucking chads

She was a black hole.

Yes
It was a legion of balrogs, and they didn't kill her. She just fled from them. Balrogs get whupped pretty regularly in the 1st Age. Faenor fought 13 of them (I think) before dying, and another one got chucked into a Fountain in Gondolin and drowned.

AAAAAAHHHHHH BALROGS HELP ME!

Attached: ungoliant_vs_balrogs_by_charliebitsme_dcsjmdt-pre.jpg (992x805, 114K)

I like how this picture makes Melkor look powerful, when the story is noteworthy because Melkor got BTFO so hard that you could still hear him screaming like a bitch for decades later (and probably still can, albiet underwater)

in the Bible it says that "the void was with God" before Creation
implying that God is not the ultimate being in Judaism and Christianity

maybe its like Leviathan from the book of Job where God goes on about how he can beat it up.

Interesting

wtf christianity isn't monotheistic???

obscure creature of darkness that predates creation or somehow exists outside of it
progenitor of all the other giant monster spiders in middle earth
pretty cool girl

i like your post even if nobody else responded

This is Ancalagon the Black, say something nice about him

Attached: Dragon_of_the_First_Age_by_rubendevela.jpg (1372x750, 512K)

Your post only got one response. How embarrassing.

It's based on jewshit which is based on mesopotamianshit

I love the autism of some tolkien artists that read words on a page and take them completely at face value, as if ancalagon was actually bigger than a fucking mountain range but was still somehow hidden inside morgoth's fortress before the battle.

He's a big guy

underrated

Somebody help me out here, theres another series whose lore was similar to LOTR in that the "dark evil leader" actually had a series of darker, eviler more powerful leaders before him, and up at the top was a group of gods where one decided to just be evil and do his own thing. Iirc the drawings of him had long flowing hair and he looked like a bitch. I cant think of it but its getting to me.

magic bro

Berserk

>imagine not reading Kalevala
I don't even feel sorry for you

THIS. People forget this is Tolkien, not Lovecraft. She can be unknown and beyond the Valar (not power-wise of course) but not Illuvatar.

There's was talk on here once during a typical wank session about how Arda is a bubble of existence protected by Eru from the horrors beyond, and that what drove melkor mad was his time wandering the void looking for the source of the secret fire where all he found was monsters and madness.

>AAAH BALROG HELP ME
OHNONONONONO

AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE
SAVE ME BALROGS

Post the CHAD ELF who challenged Satan 1v1 AND SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT HIM NOW.

Kek. Have a (you).

Primeval woman. The Eve to Eru Ilúvatar‘s Adam.

CHADNGOLFIN REPORTING

Attached: Joel_Kilpatrick_-_Morgoth_and_Fingolfin.jpg (1280x790, 108K)

fucking kek

>Now news came to Hithlum that Dorthonion was lost and the sons of Finarfin overthrown, and that the sons of Fëanor were driven from their lands. Then Fingolfin beheld... the utter ruin of the Noldor, and the defeat beyond redress of all their houses; and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar. Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once more upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came. That was the last time in those wars that he passed the doors of his stronghold, and it is said that he took not the challenge willingly; for... alone of the Valar, he knew fear.

this
yeah but then again everybody was doped on that sweet Valar light in the First Age. Remember when Hurin killed 70 trolls after a what? three day battle? Hurin was a fucking GIGACHAD, you don't get called the "mightiest of the warriors of mortal Men" for nothing

>and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came. That was the last time in those wars that he passed the doors of his stronghold, and it is said that he took not the challenge willingly; for... alone of the Valar, he knew fear.
Wait so satan got scared? lmao

I DARE YOU
COME OUT

>But he could not now deny the challenge before the face of his captains; for... Fingolfin named Morgoth craven.... Therefore Morgoth... issued forth clad in black armour; and he stood before the King like a tower, iron-crowned, and his vast shield, sable unblazoned, cast a shadow over him like a stormcloud. But Fingolfin gleamed beneath it as a star; for his mail was overlaid with silver, and his blue shield was set with crystals; and he drew his sword Ringil, that glittered like ice. Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder. But Fingolfin sprang aside, and Grond rent a mighty pit in the earth.... Many times Morgoth essayed to smite him, and each time Fingolfin leaped away...; and he wounded Morgoth with seven wounds, and seven times Morgoth gave a cry of anguish, whereat the hosts of Angband fell upon their faces in dismay, and the cries echoed in the Northlands. But at the last the King grew weary, and Morgoth bore down his shield upon him. Thrice he was crushed to his knees, and thrice arose again and bore up his broken shield and stricken helm. But the earth was all... pitted about him, and he stumbled and fell backward before the feet of Morgoth; and Morgoth set his left foot upon his neck.... Yet with his last and desperate stroke Fingolfin hewed the foot with Ringil, and the blood gushed forth black and smoking and filled the pits of Grond.

favorite part of the book

that pic is a bit over the top tho

Thus died Fingolfin, High King of the Noldor, most proud and valiant of the Elven-kings of old. The Orcs made no boast of that duel at the gate; neither do the Elves sing of it, for their sorrow is too deep. Yet the tale of it is remembered still, for Thorondor King of Eagles brought the tidings to Gondolin, and to Hithlum afar off. And Morgoth took the body of the Elven-king and broke it, and would cast it to his wolves; but Thorondor came hasting from his eyrie among the peaks of the Crissaegrim, and he stooped upon Morgoth and marred his face. The rushing of the wings of Thorondor was like the noise of the winds of Manwë, and he seized the body in his mighty talons, and soaring suddenly above the darts of the Orcs he bore the King away. And he laid him upon a mountain-top that looked from the north upon the hidden valley of Gondolin; and Turgon coming built a high cairn over his father. No Orc dared ever after to pass over the mound of Fingolfin or draw nigh his tomb, until the doom of Gondolin was come and treachery was born among his kin. Morgoth went ever halt of one foot after that day, and the pain of his wounds could not be healed; and in his face was the scar that Thorondor made.

>drowning in a fountain
The visualization of a 25ft tall balrog facedown in an average mall fountain has me in tears

with the second greatest CHAD elf holding him down like a puppy

>and another one got chucked into a Fountain in Gondolin and drowned.

it's been a long time since I read it, didn't he suicide dive it off a cliff?

You mean Feanor now right?

If you could live in an age of the Tolkien universe, and if you could be anyone you wanted to be, when would you live and who would you be? And why?

that was another. The chief, Gothmog, got drowned by Ecthelion.

A numenorean, doesn't matter what age but maybe tail end of second so I get to fuck beautiful elves while being a literal 7 foot captain america.

Hobbit in the shire, way before any conflict jumped off. Peace, quiet, good food and drink. Live to be like 100+ and die in my sleep.

Third age. Just some random hobbit living the good life in the Shire smoking some old toby while tending to my veggie patch.

Based and shirepilled

this, an ubermensch sailor warrior who lives up to 200 years sounds pretty fucking good. Tar-Minastir's age is good. Also a Gondorian during Sailor-Kings years.

based too

you know there's only like 3 instances of man/elf relationships in thousands of years of history right? and numenoreans aren't more chad than elves, they're more chad than other men because they have a little bit of elf in them.

>they have a little bit of elf in them.
only King line by virtue of Elros. Normal Numenoreans were just Edain, from the first tribes of Men, House of Beor, Hador and that's it, because the third one got decimated during Beren's years I think.

>and numenoreans aren't more chad than elves, they're more chad than other men because they have a little bit of elf in them.
We talking bout first age elves I agree, second to third ages, hell no laddie. Elrond will die against Isildur basically a watered down numenorean at that point in time.

elves are beta cucks; all the interracial relationships in lotr history are HMEF

>Elrond will die against Isildur
nigga u high. Elendil (Narsil completado) perhaps but come on.

The Balrogs coming to him for some reason cheers me up

I do not believe Elrond can kill Isildur. Maybe you are thinking of Gil-Galad?

>We talking bout first age elves I agree, second to third ages, hell no laddie. Elrond will die against Isildur basically a watered down numenorean at that point in time.

elrond is literally a first age elf you nonce. tolkien elves are stronger than men, it's not even up for debate.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>elrond
Wait what isn't he a second age elf?

That's cause TLotR has a theme of this whole war and thing taking place in the shadow of far greater ages and bygone empires. The ultimate good vs. evil battle had already been fought by the time Frodo set out from the Shire.

late first age, it's not til the end of the war and the beginning of the second age that he and elros have to make their choice about which race they'll belong to.

NOOOOOO PREASE UNGORIANTO I GIVU YOU RIGHT FROM TREES ARREADY HERPU ME BARROGS

oh shit my bad then. i need to reread the lore.

I'd be Huor. He had a perfect life

Soijack of Morgoth going
>NOOOOOOOO! YOU CAN'T JUST EAT THE JEWELS, UNGOLIANT! NOOOOO, STOP IT! BALROGS, HALP!!!!

I mean Tuor, for fuck's sake

>team up with a shifty fucking spider demon monster from outer space
>she inevitably crosses you and tries to eat you

Serves Morgoth right for trusting a fucking arachnid.

Attached: 1556780051995s.jpg (250x217, 6K)

based

Ancalagon was really fucking huge and smashed the peaks of Thangorodrim when he fell, that's about all we know since he appears and dies in a paragraph. Tolkien isn't much for details when it comes to battle scenes, unfortunately.

This, he also never really intended to publish it. The Silmarillion should be treated more like a book of lore or a Bible than a standalone story.

A dwarf in the first age bashing in elfs heads and sacking Doriath

Elronds a fucking pussy by the time of Isilchad. He'd probably just ask for permission to die at that point.

The original is white English you fucking mutt.

Tuor because he got to live in Gondolin and fuck prime elf pussy (Idril Celebrindal)

>dying from an arrow to the eye
I'd take Huor any day

>doesn't know shit
>still posts

Attached: beleg amon rudh.jpg (960x600, 107K)

Melkor, I'd repent and be content with being the second most powerful being in existence. No supplanting Eru on my agenda

>spider gets gangbanged by fire demons so much she goes home and turns into a slut that literally eats herself to death

Damn man thats good.

Enjoy getting btfo by Beren afterwards.

Nice mane, mane.

Attached: TESB THX LD.jpg (1024x538, 116K)

John Peters needs to be producer for Silmarillion. His whole life has been leading up to this.

Stop
I can't fucking stand it anymore
I love Tolkien and am American and I hate how "american" has become a byword for stupid. You can be american and understand simple writing like Tolkien. Christ.

Tuor stood then in the way of that beast, but was sundered from Egalmoth, and they pressed him backward even to the centre of the square nigh the fountain. There he became weary from the strangling heat and was beaten down by a great demon, even Gothmog lord of Balrogs, son of Melko. But lo! Ecthelion, whose face was of the pallor of grey steel and whose shield-arm hung limp at his side, strode above him as he fell; and that Gnome drave at the demon, yet did not give him his death, getting rather a wound to his sword-arm that his weapon left his grasp. Then leapt Ecthelion lord of the Fountain, fairest of the Noldoli, full at Gothmog even as he raised his whip, and his helm that had a spike upon it he drave into that evil breast, and he twined his legs about his foeman’s thighs; and the Balrog yelled and fell forward; but those two dropped into the basin of the king’s fountain which was very deep. There found that creature his bane; and Ecthelion sank steel-laden into the depths, and so perished the lord of the Fountain after fiery battle in cool waters.

Attached: ecthelion_gothmog.jpg (850x607, 602K)

not every american is stupid
every 'jeez can i get this in english bro?' turns out to be american

Consider that it could just be shitposting, friend. This board has more than its fair share of that.

it could, then why are you upset at stereotyping? it's Yea Forums, everyone is made fun of

>a web of clinging thongs

OwO

I'm a different person, I'm just saying that in this particular instance it comes off more like someone merely pretending to be retarded.

>Ungoliant gets her big butt stuck between some mountains

Threadly reminder that Feanor did NOTHING wrong

Attached: feanor_by_kimberly80-d6lvfsk.jpg (1600x2092, 1.08M)

You mean fortunately

That'll do user. That'll do

>almost defeats melkor

Every story basically is a footnote to The Bible and Homeros' Odyssey. It's not an insult to say they share in the heritage. Tolkien just took worldbuilding further. So far infact that every fantasy mmorpg is a footnote to it. Now we can't even think of fantasy without elves, orcs and dragons

I like how Morgoth is chillin in the void with no feet till doomsday

Going off to fight Morgoth and doing the Valar's job for them is good. Doing it for the sake of obsessing over some shiny rocks that he made and slaughtering everyone in his way was not.

I like how Húrin was stuck on a mountain having to watch his son and daughter fuck.

no it fucking isn't, it's more like a synthesis of various pagan mythologies, mainly nordic, greek and (old) english

>Ancalagon was really fucking huge and smashed the peaks of Thangorodrim when he fell
if an airplane fell out of the sky and hit mt Everest im sure it would smash the peaks of it. does that mean an airplane is the size of a mountain?

id like to be feanor. MUH SILMARILS YOU MORGOTH FUCK GIVE THEM BACK REEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1506237792646.jpg (607x558, 74K)

i can't even

Seeing this art with no context, it looks like he's being a cheeky fuck sitting on Morgoth's throne and Morgoth is demanding he GTFO.

Attached: TN-Morgoth_Punishes_Hurin.jpg (634x960, 88K)

>gets all swole up and uppity on goofballs
>acts a fool
>gets beat down by Balrogs and made to flee
Once a bitch, always a bitch.

Planes are not very strong, if the world trade centre wasn't filled with thermite bombs the planes wouldn't have done much damage
Google any nuclear power plant except maybe the thirdie one if you want to see a building that can withstand a plane crashing directly into it

Friendly correction that Feanor did EVERYTHING wrong and FUCKED everything.

Attached: 1486080841367.jpg (473x564, 91K)

aside from having an omnipotent god, the creation story of middle earth isn't much like genesis at all.

Attached: evan-palmer-ainulindale-page-8.jpg (600x649, 123K)

It's amazing how diverse Tolkien's names are. They seem to inhabit the world and not just tacky add ons

It's because they're not just names. He started by building the languages, and the culture, mythology and history evolved alongside it. Him being a genius philologist is one of the reasons his work stands so far above others.

Yeah the amount of detail he put into fleshing out a single, relatively small scale story that he published is astonishing. God bless his autism.

it's not that they inhabit the world, he built the world around the language as a linguistic experiment.

That's a big spider.

lmao oldfag

>Elronds a fucking pussy by the time of Isilchad.
Don't be a dipshit. He was the standard bearer of the last king of the Noldor, Based Gil Galad. One of the biggest elf dicks swinging, who's a direct descendant of everyone who did anything worth mentioning in the first age. Human, Elf, Maiar.

Attached: 764e2d6f24a4c2aab337c0-2.png (655x653, 271K)

That was changeable I thought? My edition says that he fought a bunch of Orc captains, not trolls?
That's a different one, he means Gothmog who got dunked by Ecthelion in the best martyrdom known to man and elf.

horribly underrated truth

>Doubting Ancalagon the BBC's huegness

Attached: ancalagon the black.jpg (2456x1000, 168K)

>Not posting the real one.

Attached: 1420346622830.jpg (2456x1000, 146K)

>
Last of all Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed; and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered, and each time that he slew Húrin cried: 'Aurë entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive, by the command of Morgoth, for the Orcs grappled him with their hands, which clung to him still though he hewed off their arms; and ever their numbers were renewed, until at last he fell buried beneath them. Then Gothmog bound him and dragged him to Angband with mockery.

Well now I can't unsee that, cheers user.
I forgot Ecthelion human-torpedoed Gothmog into the fountain.

Attached: 1565461563197.png (938x581, 59K)

My bad, I only remembered the last sentence of him getting dogpiled by Orcs and thought he'd been fighting them all along.

the same thing the watcher in the water was

Attached: file.png (620x400, 476K)

>numenoreans aren't more chad than elves
Sure they are. The gods themselves shit their pants when Ar Pharazon sailed on Valinor.

jej

Attached: balin the hobbit.jpg (1920x800, 281K)

There are things in middle earth, from the deep places, that predate creation. Even eru doesn't know where that shit came from.

kek
based
no problem, the fact remains that Hurin was the baddest motherfucker ever and his son will kill Satan.

Sauron, not Eru. Again this is Tolkien, not Lovecraft. Then again, there are similar undertones in the deep Moria description.

And then they got utterly crushed and their homeland sunk in one shot.

xaxaxa

Attached: otter.jpg (314x267, 27K)

this was a very based design sćonsidering there were nothing more than tentacles mentioned in the book

enough with this shit, Eru literally knows everything, but they aren't spirits like Maiar or Valar who willingly inhabited Arda, they're more like byproducts of Arda's creation (like Bombandil possibly)

kek

>screechs so hard that people can still hear the echo centuries later
My sides

She ain't fat bruh, she just a lil thicc

Thicc mama

As a child I was pretty put off by how much of a bitch boy Melkor was.
I went in expecting a guy who was even more intimidating than Sauron in LotR and instead got a faggot who gets BTFO every time he leaves his NEET cave, cries and begs for mercy whenever he is cornered and had such an autistic fit over some dude calling him a fag that he made sure his children's lives would be a sufferingfest.

Morgoth killed his fucking father, he didn't only steal his shit, I'd want revenge as well

So why were Fëanor’s kin allowed back to the Undying Lands at the end of the Third Age? Or am I confusing them with another group of elves. Been a while since I read the books

Attached: 1555662234588.png (1279x979, 1.23M)

They'd sufficiently atoned

blessed thread

Attached: 1566896738065.jpg (334x218, 22K)

They did nothing wrong

silmarillion is just tolkien jerking off to eru and how anyone who goes against the creator's will gets dabbed on

It says "towers" not peaks.

I hope they never try to film this book

jesus christ I wasn't aware this existed

this is a sad fucking post. How incredibly reductive

So what is Tom Bombadil

t. boathurt t*leri scum

How can you stone for genociding an entire race of elves

*atone

Spiders are scary man

They absolutely deserved it, even the Valar knew this deep down

The bridge between myth and fairytale

WAIT, you're telling me that the elves and dwarves used to fight wars against each other?

How to spot a wikischolar
>They call Aman the Undying Lands
>They call Arda Middle Earth
>They say "been a while since I read the books"
>They try to apply Dragonball power levels to archetypal characters
>They love explaining that Melkor was "the first dark lord", that Gandalf is "basically an angel", that Ancalagon was "as big as a mountain", and that Ungoliant is Cthulu

Eru on eternal vacation

literally the Amalgamation of Arda

kek this is literally me

A later insertion into the myth from another source. The Red Book of Westmarch (Tolkein's primary source) was only the last in a long series of transciptions, retellings, and translations throughout the early Middle Ages. Bits and pieces were added and removed over time, often from other tales. We see the same pattern in much premodern literature - a good example would be the noncanonical books of the Bible.

based

That seemed secondary to the Silmarils in his mind, especially when it came to the Oath.

A /fa/tchad who just does not give a shit

Attached: tom-bombadil.jpg (1300x969, 430K)

Sauron is literally a cuck

He gets off from watching people fuck his wife then? Didn't even know he had one.

>>They call Aman the Undying Lands
>>They call Arda Middle Earth
isn't it the opposite actually? a wiki tourist will go out of his way to call gandalf olorin or sauron mairon(yes i did just look that one up), etc. to prove how much of a 'lore nerd' they are

Reminder that Morgoth literally wanted to get Luthien BLACKED by his own Valar cock

>They love explaining that Melkor was "the first dark lord", that Gandalf is "basically an angel", that Ancalagon was "as big as a mountain", and that Ungoliant is Cthulu
This is correct, though.

Literally just quoting me, fuck off

Morgoth just wanted to smoke weed and invent grapechicken but the white elf man had to put him down

One of the only parts of the Silmarillion I remember

It did, Sauron quite literally got btfo by a talking dog

Well the immortal hunting dog of a god anyway

Why was he fucking about in Middle Earth

>No porn
I'm dissapoined

He was a a gift to some elf

[furiously wiki-ing]
He was given to one of the sons of Fëanor by Oromë and captured Tinuviel/Luthien for him but took pity on her and went to accompany her to save Beren

What about Teleporno?

Go away Galadriel, no one likes your husband

Catholics don't have to believe all the shit the church says.

Give it to me!
I must have it!
Precious treasure!
I deserve i!

No, it's more christian. Elves, dwarves, that's just surface level stuff he used from norse. The plot, the prophecies, the themes are from the bible.

stop listening to incel metal

There's plenty of fantasy without those things.

Given that ungoliant is slain by some human sailor down in not!africa, i very much doubt we're talking a powerlevel higher than god

>slain by some human sailor
Source or it didn't happen.

THE FATE OF US ALL

I would not mind fantasy themed rap. Sadly this is something that will never exist.

only whites love tolkien sadly

In The Fall of Gondolin Tolkiens son writes a fair bit about his fathers old notes and abandoned ideas, one of these are concerning Ungoliant being killed by the dude in the flying ship that later kills Ancalagon.

No thanks

>Earendil is a human sailor
ok

One drop rule

Sounds pretty tenuous and I feel like the version Christopher went with in the Silmarillion (nobody knows, probably ate herself I guess) is more official.

Attached: 1505457871904.gif (245x245, 1.99M)

There's a hierarchy among elves.

At the top are the first generation elves who also have gone to Valinor and seen the trees, at the bottom are filthy wood land peasant elves born and raised there.

Isildur was not “a regular human”. He was numenorean.

Uh.. you have... uhh nice uhh legs. not that i value legs over personality, i mean your legs are nice and so is your personality i mean uhm but you look nice today is what im saying i mean trying to say sorry i just get a bit nervous around pretty women i mean yeah so yeah sorry

And some of them was boinked by handome human males capable of easily outshining all elves, producing spawn with human blood.
Sure, that's the official one. Tolkien dropped the spiderfight (for good reason) and reused the idea for Sam vs Shelob instead.

Alimoney, in its mortal form.

The void, like the universe beyond the solar system is completely out of reach. Any concept of creation is lost in its vast absence.

Attached: http___o.aolcdn.com_hss_storage_midas_d17b3f65798ba75c92c353f1b0ae454e_203063548_CUwhd1tXAAI7wXB.jpg (1028x675, 86K)

ISILDOO

Kinslayers gonna slay kin

He could have taught his kids to not suck at their jobs.

maybe he was too busy being the greatest elf that ever lived

This nigga killed his mom by being too spicy and hot blooded for that Elvish pussy.

masterful

Attached: jet_black.jpg (638x480, 138K)

He cute
Feanor biopic with Cavill as lead when?

Underrated post

10/10

Attached: 1545335545794.jpg (365x450, 38K)

Based

i see that you only got one response.

>melkortron and saurscream
fund it

Yes, Sauron is an autistic fuckwit who did nothing but act as sort of comic release in the 1st and 2nd age. He was completely fucking useless, and only in such a high ranking possition because of his autismo-gifts of making shit neet. I guess Melkor was smart enough to see that Sauron sperging out about
numbers and orderly lines cancelled out his own inclination to just make orcs into a ball and throw it at the elves.

Sauron did not do anything short of failing at everything until the 3rd age, which was "very easy" mode, The race of men were diluted as fuck. All the god-mode elves were gone, save a couple who it turns out fucked sauron over plenty when the time came. Sauron is the most overrated piece of shit "dark lord" in history. Fuck him.

They fought Evil for generations on end, and most of those who went with Fianor originally already perished.

His descendants were innocent of his crimes.

shit tier post
Sauron single handedly destroyed the greatest human civilization

Balmogs.

I think it is kind of a cheap out that she commits sudoku, Tolkein probably couldn't figure out a good way to end her.

This.
Imagine not giving Sauron creddit for drawning Numinor like a suck of retarded puppies.

According to himself.... Conveniently everybody else died.

Maaaybe it was global warming that took down Numenor? And Saurie taking the credit?

to be honest they were well on the way to offing themselves way before Sauron was taken prisoner

The void is space. Eru didnt create it, he just has massive fucking power over it. Hes like Galactus more than he is like God.