What went wrong?

Attached: cwyit9jukaaa7wx.jpg (600x946, 359K)

>coming out a decade after anyone cared
>doing that cop out sequel thing where they cancel out all character development the first movie ended with, in order to justify having the characters acting exactly the same as in the first movie
>not actually being very funny
take your pick

Malick didnt direct.

Least funny “comedy” I’ve ever seen, even Anchorman 2 managed to be somewhat funny despite being total shit.

The part about the Derek Zoolander Centre for Kids Who Can’t Read Good being built out of the same material as the miniature scale model was funny tho

It's just not funny. Ben Stiller was never funny. Making silly faces, weird voices and shitty slapstick jokes just isn't funny.

It recycled way too many jokes.

it was visually disgusting

they made a sequel
alot of movies would be better without sequals

what went wrong?

Attached: anchorman 2.jpg (1200x1600, 500K)

Not enough kanye

Nah, they were both as bad as eachother

>Two Problems
>1. Same problem as Anchorman 2: Too much money, and not enough oversight by studios to rein any bad ideas
>2. For some reason, What was funny in the late 90s, and 2000s became unfunny in the teens. Anyone remember how much they liked Dodgeball when it came it? Watch it now, it's far less funny. I unironically loved the office back then, sometime around 2010, it became unfunny and I can't even stand the older episodes I used to love

Attached: apu the intellectual.png (680x638, 250K)

This. Watched Dodgeball recently, barely gave a chuckle. Not sure if that type of humor aged or it’s just me growing up.

It's aged. Even comedies my parents liked back then is unappealing to them. Also, I still like comedy from the 60s-80s, it seems to just be the 2000s that sucks now

It just wasn't funny. The thing is I think the movie actually has a lot of good ideas and one of my favorite moments in it i when Derek and Hansel show up at the guys show in their old look and everything and everyone there is just like "Who are these guys and why are they dressed like that?" and it felt like such a meta moment I actually thought it was really clever. And then them meeting Don Atari or whatever his name was, and how they have no idea what this guy is talking about and they're so lost I thought it was the movie kind of saying how worn out and out of style these guys are.

But it just wasn't funny. Hardly anyone laughed. The one moment that got everyone in the audience, including me, to bust out laughing was when Hansel threw the knife into Derek's leg.

Drake Sather didn’t write it

Animal House is still funny

Yeah, 60s-80s comedies are still hilarious

too many callback jokes that were worse than the first one

yeah and that was within the first 2 mins of the film. The jokes stop there

I used to love dodgeball but watching it as an adult I empathize with Ben Stiller’s character more than Vince Vaughn’s
>former fatty who made something of himself by getting /fit/ and building a multi million dollar empire
>we’re supposed to hate him because he’s kind of weird/mean and like Vince Vaughn because he’s the totally cool dude slacker