The only unrealistic thing in the movie was the part where China was benevolent enough to assist in Matt Damon's return

The only unrealistic thing in the movie was the part where China was benevolent enough to assist in Matt Damon's return

Attached: MV5BMTc2MTQ3MDA1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODA3OTI4NjE@._V1_.jpg (865x1280, 421K)

And that he didn't steal Jessica Chastain's underwear

Boring movie desu.
This is a rare occasion of a film with a not bad script being ruined by na very stale direction. This proves the importance of direction, and it's superiority to script and even acting (the acting in this film was also good, but it was still boring).

The direction was to survive

Matt Damon starred in The Great Wall movie so China will make an exception for him.

Or you know, the part where he grew crops in the super-salty Martian soil.

if you pander to china enough they allow to show your movie there

The crop growing was legitimate. Power of the storm was questionable

This was a horribly corny movie/book. They pepper in enough real-sounding shit to make it seem authentic to people who wouldn't know better anyway. It's designed to make stupid people feel smart.

>The only unrealistic thing in the movie was the part where China was benevolent enough to assist in Matt Damon's return

no, the most unrealistic part was the wind storm producing all that force and them launching in the middle of one at the start

1) not tethering your only ticket off mars
2) mars lacks a LOT of atmosphere, meaning even if wind gets really fast, it will lack force, meaning no windstorm on mars could have ever produced the forces they're talking about
3) the whole blow the airlock to slow down the ship part had me rolling my eyes. yes it would work. maybe. however the physics behind it are so complex no one in their right mind would have tried it in the first place; as it could have slowed them down so much they fell out of orbit of mars, or damaged the space ship, or the moisture in the air could have turned into ice then got in electrical things so when they represurized it melts and destroys the ship. Ultimately it was stupid and reeked of nonsense.

Anyone else fed up with this China pandering bullshit? It's so fucking forced I refuse to believe anybody actually buys into it.
>LOOK GUYS WE'RE NOT SOULLESS BUG PEOPLE YOU ALL THOUGHT WE WAS
>Literally every shred of news coming out of China proves otherwise

They're not fooling anyone.

Funnily enough, the China stuff was in the original book, it wasn't added for the movie.

SEND

HIM

BACK

My Dad's a hard sci-fi nerd and he couldn't finish it, so I'm inclined to agree.

>"Hmmmmm.... I found this movie to be shallow and pedantic!"

Didnt they only agree to help for something in return? IIRC it wasnt out of the goodness of their heats.

Attached: 23658278d723d.png (510x468, 226K)

>2) mars lacks a LOT of atmosphere
It lacks a lot of gravity too, the guy should have been jumping around kinda like on the moon.

>bring him home
>on blu-ray and dvd

>We're putting together a team

the predictable beats of the story and every scene were engraved on that script, no amount of 'good directing' would have made it a better, more memorable story

that's actually meta - they selfishly helped bring up back to force him into their Wall of China movie

>All these problems listed and not one user brings up the fact that this was listed and awarded as a fucking comedy

you say that as if it was an insult

Attached: 14-bojack-horseman.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 108K)

Absolute KINO post. IM FUCKING CUMMINGAAAAAAAAA

is this movie worth watching? it has been sitting on my plex server for a long time...

It's great, Yea Forums poo-poo'd it when it came out so I didn't watch it until years later but when I got around to it I really enjoyed it.

>news is biased and selective garbage and they only report clickbaity stuff

literally all the news i heard about USA is about school shootings and the occasional wildfire in california

>Yea Forums poo poo'd it so i didn't watch it
wow. that is the most pathetic thing I've heard this week. people like you is why i drink

Attached: 1568078054696.png (1600x1200, 587K)

thanks user