Ties Yea Forums lied to you

Ties Yea Forums lied to you

>an admitadly good premise, expect gritty hard sci-fi with colonists attempting to deal with the grim reality of living in a lifeless vacuum

What I got -

>Well fed dull characters going through the motions in something you'd expect from the cutscenes of a bioware videogame, with full globohomo and shitty effects to boot, laughable amputations, cringy space sex.

Deleted that shit off my hard drive 15 minutes in

Attached: THE-EXPANSE_SEASON-5_TORONTO_OCTOBER_START_AMAZON_.jpg (1400x717, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/carageeeee/status/1113531521074257921
youtube.com/watch?v=kNIim3xqsEU
youtube.com/watch?v=kAKJoEO21s0
wired.com/2017/01/geeks-guide-the-expanse-season-2/
pri.org/stories/2017-03-13/very-real-science-behind-expanse
geekwire.com/2018/science-expanse-tv-show-sticks-space-realities-one-big-exception/
taskandpurpose.com/expanse-military-science-fiction-show
forbes.com/sites/chadorzel/2016/01/19/the-expanse-and-gravity-beyond-the-equivalence-principle/#2d730c0b3e01
theportalist.com/the-expanse-science
tor.com/2017/02/27/science-vs-the-expanse-is-it-possible-to-colonize-our-solar-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=-973RjZRmEY
io9.gizmodo.com/our-visit-to-the-mind-blowingly-realistic-spaceship-set-1743284262
nowtoronto.com/movies/features/the-expanse-season-three-diversity-space-television/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> user doesn't like thing
> film at eleven

with Yea Forums,you have to learn to discern what is being promoted by kinoisseurs and what is being promoted bu capeshitters

>Deleted that shit off my hard drive 15 minutes in

Attached: 1568132623599.png (644x800, 30K)

The books are worse
>Black space woman is always right all the time, dumb boys need to follow her plans or they lose
>Every male authority figure is either evil or incompetent, all get replaced by women who are infinitely better at their jobs because vagina
>After the first book the novels become bloated filler episodes, the interesting extinct ancient aliens plot takes a backseat to poorly written politics and infighting
>the biggest threat to humanity is a fucking nobody ex boyfriend of black space woman who somehow brings the solar system to its knees through luck and stupid plans
The concept for the setting is neat, but the writers are fucking hacks and it made me want to re read classic sci fi again to see it all done well.

oh hoh hey, hey there hoss!

Attached: 55070016.png (880x583, 889K)

I'm 10 minutes into the first episode and I'm already pissed off at all these effeminate mutts and tough grrrrlllll cliches I'm supposed to spend the next 20 hours watching. This show reeks of battlestar muttlactica

>The Show has been renewed for 2 at least 2 more seasons
You can hate the show all you want, my man Jeff the richest man in the world loves it and will finance the fucker until its end.

Attached: 674564566.png (1200x675, 655K)

In the future there will be no white men in space user

Attached: Expanse season 1.jpg (3000x1687, 1.19M)

One thing this show did prove to me in the half an episode I watched, representation really does matter, I, as a white man, could not watch all these ugly women and fucking mutts. So the minorities were right.
Ah yes, the Disney Star Wars approach, good luck.

>pleb status:filtered
you have to slog through the first 4-5 episodes. it gets really good.

>he didn't even get to meet Drummer

Attached: D4I9t_PWkAA0UmF.jpg (746x971, 95K)

The guy's putting 1 billion into a lotr show, giving like 20-30 to some cheaply made show like Expanse is well worth it

Some shows have really rocky starts.

I'm not even gonna deny that the first three episodes of The Expanse drag and I was going to dump it to. But then you get CQB, which is where shit /really/ starts.

The show suffers to an extent due to the choice to show, rather than tell, the audience how things work. But once that platform is set... hoo, boy.

It's like Spartacus. Even the fants will acknowledge it's dog shit until The Thing In The Pit. After that, kino happens.

I somehow sat through the first season, but had to drop it at second one when they introduced that silly martian BMWF mutt squad with some fat sheboon commander acting like she's tough shit. Cringed so damn hard and deleted the entire season from my drive.

The setting is great, the technical aspects are great, even the plot is good for the most part, it's just the characters that drag it down.

if you want space kino you should have read the series 3 boy problem

thats the second show filter, once you get through that you will jerk off to her incessantly

Attached: 56745345.jpg (745x497, 61K)

Don't compare Kinocus to this dull, globohomo garbage.

>15 minutes in
You deleted it too soon. Wait 1 a couple of episodes for the secrecy and protomolecule arch to start.
Just skip to the episode called cqb that´s when the series starts getting interesting. That´s episode 4 of season 1 i believe.

She's also a big girl

Attached: 56568846.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

Bobbie is terrible at the beginning but she ends up being one of the most likeable characters on the show really quick.

Attached: 1567973252608.webm (640x480, 545K)

I think season 1 is great, season 2 was good, and season 3 I deleted off my hard drive due to lack of interest without even starting to watch a single episode
also drummer best grill

>introduce a great character
>Kill them off immediately

K Lopez was a prime example. Based martian. Fuck earth

Attached: Lopez.jpg (731x600, 66K)

>3 boy problem
sounds like some teen girl whining garbage, user

>I'm not even gonna deny that the first three episodes of The Expanse drag and I was going to dump it to. But then you get CQB, which is where shit /really/ starts.
Ahahaha i just got done replying essentially the same as you.

Season 3 has some of the best moments ever tho.

Attached: season 3.jpg (2880x1620, 2.17M)

shit I'm supposed to say 3 body problem

imagine being crushed by her massive islander thighs with pussy juice all over your face

>the biggest threat to humanity is a fucking nobody ex boyfriend of black space woman who somehow brings the solar system to its knees through luck and stupid plans
Actually the biggest threat to humanity is a million year old extinct alien civilization whos like exists in another dimension or some shit and whose magical tech makes things literally just vanish into non-existence and power-hungry humans have awaken it so it's fucking shit up black woman's ex-bf gets poofed out of existence at the end of his book lol

MCR for life. Belters a shit, UN a shit.

If it makes you feel any better they took Kelly's arc and made it Lopez in the show

As hard as I would waifu her or Bobbi, the real tragedy is that he didn't get to see Klaes Motherfucking Ashford.

Or best boy Amos.

>I think season 1 is great, season 2 was good, and season 3 I deleted off my hard drive due to lack of interest without even starting to watch a single episode
>also drummer best grill
You didn´t miss anything from season 3. season 1 and 2 are kino. But the moment the protomolecule arch fizzles out so does the interest in watching it. The protomolecule arch and that whole thing about the shadow research etc. is what carries the entire series, excellent suspense and thriller. Season 3 excruciatingly boring shit where nothing really happens that just feels like they are dragging their feet to prolong it with way too few revelations or things happening per epsiode.

If it makes you feel better Bobbie dies in the books by blowing herself up with an antimatter bomb in order to take out a Laconian superbattleship

oi season 5 pampa

Attached: 6657367.jpg (2048x1150, 450K)

ME CRUSH ASS TO DUST I was glad he died, he was always an annoying faggot and they made him even worse ins eason 3

Even when its not good its still good

Attached: giv.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

Guy was in power armor, im sure he made it

Attached: 568679895.jpg (749x371, 50K)

The martians who died on Ganymede were also in power armor, it's not 100% indestructible

belter tiddies gib

Attached: 9000 hours in mspaint.png (800x600, 369K)

yeah but im giving leniency to power armor sustaining an elevator hit vs metric shit tons of mirror arrays falling down to the surface of the planet flatting everything

>way into the future a fucking guy is willing to fly into what he thinks is a black hole or something, for the chance at some tits...
Yeah that´s people alright.. We really live in a society.

Guy's a true edger

Attached: Come quick Maneo!.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

There's no reason for him to be alive anymore though, especially not considering where book4/season 4 is set
Though with how much stuff changes from the books to the show they could just as well bring him back in some bullshit way

I would have died for those tiddies too tbqh famalam

He had no reason to be alive past book 1, but there's no denying a show benefits from having recurring characters

Belters are shown from episode 1 to be extremely stupid and irrational.

Attached: 1526533317211.jpg (1011x1349, 405K)

>Belters are shown from episode 1 to be extremely stupid and irrational.
I know that, they are kind of shat on at some underclass that doesn´t get respect from earthers and martians. But i am just pointing out some people will daredevil over shit like that. He fly right into alien space portal to get his gf tits back or whatever. It´s a pretty funny part of part 3 He really deserved to make it, but unfortunately portal doesn´t work like belter thinks....

>tfw ywn spin the drummer

Attached: suicide is painless.jpg (460x400, 45K)

>ywn get those sweet drummer milkies

Attached: 1530167833095.jpg (1280x718, 109K)

I don´t understand why she doesn´t have a bf in real life, she´s cute but in a different way, but still very cute.

I thought it was okay until they went full throttle at the protomeme

She's married

BELTA LOWDA

Oh my bad, i guess i misremembered.

twitter.com/carageeeee/status/1113531521074257921

season 3 wasn't bad, but S1 and S2 were a sludge to get through

Dominique still available tho

Attached: D5baBx-UUAAkK3X[1].jpg (1200x1200, 167K)

>season 3 wasn't bad, but S1 and S2 were a sludge to get through
That´s amazing i feel totally the opposite about it. Each to their taste i guess.

>Dominique still available tho
She´s really cute aswell.

>cringy space sex.
you have my attention

I wish Avasarala was as foul mouthed and rude in the show as she is in the books

Well they can swear as much as they want now, so expect that.
youtube.com/watch?v=kNIim3xqsEU

>times Yea Forums lied to you
Supernatural. What a pile of shit, i watched the full first seaon waiting for it to get good, it never did.

>that guy as murtry
Huh actually not a bad choice of actor

That raspy voice that shohreh has though, wew.. it´s not supposed to be that sexy but it is.

>season 3 I deleted off my hard drive
>also drummer best grill
you missed on some Drummer's feet action

Attached: Cara-Gee-Feet-3539694.jpg (1366x768, 170K)

I hope when she retires from acting she starts doing JOI clips

gross

Her voice is amazing, it´s like unintended asmr, she can´t even help it it´s just natural.
>hello honey are you feeling good and calm right now talking to me.
Ohh yes, this is very nice..
>oh i know it is, i can´t help it. But i´m not sleeping with you, i´m sorry.
it´s ok, just keep talking..

youtube.com/watch?v=kAKJoEO21s0
I remember this one where craig ferguson invites her on the show, just loves her fucking voice too. It´s hilarious.
>can you just say anything and i´ll just sit here for a minute..
kek.
She´s like super calming to listen to.

best guy is white male, best girl is hot asian. there is nothing wrong with this.

Is it too much to ask for Bobbie and Drummer to make out?

I offer you an alternative fantasy

Attached: 5674563463.jpg (638x380, 92K)

>best guy is white male, best girl is hot asian. there is nothing wrong with this.
I really am satisfied overall with the cast, inspite being massively multiethnic none of them feels forcefully shoehorned in, it just works out really nicely i think. And it´s nice to see examples of that. Where in some other movies and series where they desire a multiethnic cast, there´s usually one or two where it´s like, well these are not really good actors they are just shoehorned in based on ethnicity, but not so with this series i think. And i really like that.

acceptable.

Diversity just makes sense in the setting.

Helps that they have cool backgrounds to this for instance Alex being the descendants of Persians mixed with Texans that helped carve a home on the red rock and him being a result of that culture mixed with a technocratic corporatism mars government

Based!

>Helps that they have cool backgrounds to this for instance Alex being the descendants of Persians mixed with Texans that helped carve a home on the red rock and him being a result of that culture mixed with a technocratic corporatism mars government
Yeah i like that space cowboy he plays. Nice actor how he looks and his personality and all of it.
>Diversity just makes sense in the setting.
Yes i know, but it´s so easy to get fucking wrong when you are doing that! to just have a quota of this and that ethnicity and then you cram in people who are just not very good representative of those ethnic groups by it they just pick them not because they are compelling or good, but just
>we need x ethnicity what have we got?
And they did a good job with this that they found some really good people i think, they just work very well together. And none of them are like where you feel, look get someone else.. Their internal dynamic just works really well.. Which is so important.

In the books Mars is said to have been colonized mostly by India and some African countries, that's why the majority of Martians you see in the show are non-white
We see little of Earth but what we see of the planetary government is that it's mostly mixed, with the official president of Earth and his secretary being whites, some high ranking military officers being black or asian and the woman who actually runs the place is fro Iran or whatever
The Belt is like anything and everything thrown into space hellholes

Imagine unironically having the face used by America in their propaganda against the Japanese in WWII.

It´s underrated how hard it is to actually get a multiethnic cast that makes sense and function well together. In contrast it´s extremely easy to work with a very ethnic homogenous cast, because there´s so many people to draw from of talents from obvious reasons. Since in a monoethnic setting you only have to focus on who is really good actors and exclude others, where if you do multiethnic cast, the more multiethnic you want it to be the harder it gets almost, you have to pick the best ones from fewer available people.

I wonder how they'll going to handle the 30 year gap betwen books 6 and 7 in the show, assuming the show will run that long

HOLDEN: HEY, THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND'S SON YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Time dilation relativity meme

Cute!

>Cute!
Female spotted. Yeah Cas Anvar is a pretty handsome guy. Nice personality too. Including that i like the character that he plays, solid work there. The contageous enthusiasm whilst realizing he´s in way over his head. And trying to keep everyone together, perhaps even more than holden even does.

>Mars is said to have been colonized mostly by India and some African countries, that's why the majority of Martians you see in the show are non-white

This shit requires too much suspension of disbelief. Clearly you need to ingest a metric ton of onions before you can actually get something out of this series

then they were joined by some Texans and the universe's smartest jew who invents the magic engine and yeah this is trash

>This shit requires too much suspension of disbelief. Clearly you need to ingest a metric ton of onions before you can actually get something out of this series
Well it´s the writer(s) trying to encourage people from underdeveloped countries to reach for the stars, i don´t see anything wrong with that. You see that always in space series and movies. This should really not be news to anyone. Same principle was behind the creation of the black panther character by stan lee and the others. To get africans to inspire towards that maybe in future they could create a wakanda.

I mean you don´t get anything positive out of saying.
>your people are shit they were shit through history, so in the future they will also be shit.
It´s a shitty argument in the first place and doesn´t inspire anybody to do anything better either. Condescending realists kill dreams. Which is very easy to do. But if you get people to dream about a better world, then wonderful things might happen in the future.

>Same principle was behind the creation of the black panther character by stan lee and the others.
no this was a (((malevolent))) psyop and if you can't see that lmao

>then they were joined by some Texans and the universe's smartest jew who invents the magic engine and yeah this is trash
Well yeah there is that as expected. The epstein drive.. wew that didn´t age well did it..

But really it´s also if you focus too much on that, then ofcourse you´ll get nothing positive out of watching the series. I like for instance how they got a jew actor in for cqb and then he gets railgunned in the head and died almost in the start of the episode. So you have to give them credit where it´s due for balance on that account though. I don´t see expanse as an over the top jews are just better than anybody thing.. I don´t really see that in the series at all except such nitpicking. But you know that jews will always put that shit in, so instead of obsessing over it just ignore it and realize that 99.9% of the series is not about that kind of shit at all.

It’s tut garbage, I didn’t watch

did the new season start?

It's 300+ years into the future. India figuring out how to into space is perfectly plausible, it just took them a very long time.

Russians or Chinese in space would be topical, interesting and believable, cold war in space or something like LOGH.

But we don't get nice things anymore

>The epstein drive.. wew that didn´t age well did it..
YEAH LET'S REVISIT HIS CONNECTIONS TO THE AUTHORS FOR THE LOVE OF GEE DASH DEE

>no this was a (((malevolent))) psyop and if you can't see that lmao
What, to get africans to think they can create wakanda in future to dream and aspire to be extremely high tech and these things?

Ah you going to say it was intentional to get africans to blame white americans or others for how they don´t have wakanda now? Well i mean it´s hard to get anyone to dream about anything decent when it´s always viewed through that lense.

I mean what do africans have to motivate them but dreams of that in future they are smart and sophisticated? So they went and did that. that it then gets political like that well.. that´s a sad side effect but if you say nothing then they will just say.
>Look you don´t want black people to aspire to do anything, it´s all about white people doing all these things and we don´t do shit..
I mean either way you are fucked there will always be someone who spins it like that. So atleast if you help them dream of better future, then you are doing something.

december on Prime

Attached: 1025416724.jpg (775x1200, 194K)

december lad

>"sci-fi future where everything is in english and chinese" meme
it was cringey in firefly, it would have been cringey here

>YEAH LET'S REVISIT HIS CONNECTIONS TO THE AUTHORS FOR THE LOVE OF GEE DASH DEE
That´s not what i meant and you know that. and i didn´t even bring it up, it was the other guy..

that's like season 7 material tho. OP can't make it past the first episode, so what you're telling him doesn't really matter

>giving people a fiction/ad blitz from a corporation that demands (((Wakanda))) be instilled in your psyche, amongst other false, negative concepts
There's actual African history you know, and I put money on you voting Democrat and considering yourself "not racist"

Don't you dare mention this crap in the same breath as Battlestar Galactica

Isn't it book 8? I read all eight books one after another and now I kinda can't situate some specific events in specific books

He feels in charge now

The first season was slow, the second was ruined by Netflix and the third season is the best one.
>shitty effects
That's not true. The CGI shots are high quality but the big problem is that they're as good directors as Monty Oum. They don't know how to place the camera so 90% of the shots are ruined by the bad camera placement.
If it were up to me, I would go full BSG on that bitch, have the space camera be the equivalent of a documentary crew, filming space and trying to understand what's going on while keeping the steady shots for the live-action parts.

>The concept for the setting is neat, but the writers are fucking hacks and it made me want to re read classic sci fi again to see it all done well.
This, 100%. It's a shame though because Naren Shankar was great when he was a writer on TNG.

Attached: bobbie.webm (1280x720, 1011K)

Look i'm sorry for even bringing black panther into this, can we just forget i even said it. The point is that africans and indians colonize mars in the future, there´s nothing wrong with having that in a sci fi movie. As more knowledge sharing increases it becomes more and more possible aswell since they didn´t have to invent things from scratch like those who did that imparted that knowledge and know how to them. And ofcourse always in sci fi movies they have some unified federation before man goes into the stars. Which they are obviously part of weither or not they develope the tech independently or not. They are then given the tech to all mankind by whoever make it, so it´s not even relevant..

If you sit and obsess about that and which nation or people is more influential in a future sci fi reality. You are not going to enjoy any sci fi series with a multiethnic cast at all.. Because all you are then doing is sitting and saying.
>well fuck that asian dude running everything, why is it not me as black person.
Or other ethnicities doing the same, then nobody enjoys it. The whole point of multiethnic casts for such things is so that everybody can enjoy it and people don´t sit and say.
>why it always fucking white people developing all this shit and we are just people along for the ride, even in fucking sci fi movie we are along for the ride.
Things like this is not about REALISM.. it´s about like how everybody on earth is together they are exploring space etc. And stuff happens, which is the major thing going on in series anyways. And you get enough ethnic segregation in first place with belters loathed by both earthers and marsians and all that shit.

There are no Muslims in The Expanse so I assume that the Globohomo UN eradicated them prior to the start of the series, like they did to the Belters oon that station.

>Isn't it book 8?
It is, but I say season 7 because book 5 and 6 will probably be one season. That's my prediction. After that, who knows if they're gonna rush it or follow the book structure.

>There are no Muslims in The Expanse
It's never stated or alluded to but I'm pretty sure Avasarala is

>Chrisjen Avasarala
Ah yes, named after the prophet's wife

>There are no Muslims in The Expanse so I assume that the Globohomo UN eradicated them prior to the start of the series, like they did to the Belters oon that station.
The 'religions' in expanse are more like belief systems that are not like the religions we know. And they are not given much room either iirc. So they get out of that that way. Sci fi shows tend to have as a tenant either some neutral new unified religion or no religion at all. And then focusing on man going into space together all the different ethnic groups.. Which is not really that reprehensible. It´s just like if you bring our current religions into a sci fi series, then you will have someone who is going to be upset about something about that.

You have sci fi series who try to amalgamate existing religions like dune. The religion in dune is basically a mix of christianity judaism and islam and other faiths aswell. Why the emperor is called padishah..
But as always when you get religion involved in any way people get pissed off on some side of it, so that´s why wisely that tends to not generally be the case, same with the expanse.

People can't sci-fi unless it's rooted in materialism, or don't get published, I think Dune's attempt is what made it timeless and also why all the other Dune books suck.

They have anti-age drugs, i guess they could pull it off with a bit of make up and some grey hairs.

>People can't sci-fi unless it's rooted in materialism, or don't get published, I think Dune's attempt is what made it timeless and also why all the other Dune books suck.
Well, different strokes for different folks. Personally i think it´s bad idea to bring too much realism into a sci fi series. You step on too many toes. It´s not very realistic to have multiethnic casts and things in that way. But maybe that´s part of reasons we aren´t there yet aswell. I´d like to think tech sharing it doesn´t matter who originally made it it gets shared to all. If we can´t set our differences aside, even if we remain our distinct people, with going into space we are never going to. And that´s the biggest obstacle to begin with if you want to get into that can of worms.

That´s why sci fi series and things like to scip the nitty gritty of how we all together as separate and distinct ethnic groups but together in working together and being nice to eachother to explore the stars. Because obviously in practice it´s not so easy..

These pessimestic realists ruin shows like this. Because shows like this are about dreaming of a future where we have overcome such things. Not dwelving in how. Because it´s not very entertaining to have a fucking ethnic drama in space where all the different ethnic groups just hate the shit out of eachother. Well maybe it is for you. And that might be realistic. But it´s not really a good future either. So then why WANT that, the whole point of these kinds of series is to dream and try to inspire. Using things like protomolecule and going into space and these things as part of what makes them work together and put aside their differences. Without pretending that they aren´t there.

brainlet generation of instant gratification.

>It´s not very realistic to have multiethnic casts and things in that way
I think it's realistic in The Expanse, to an extent. I mean, like it or not the world is becoming more diverse every day, I don't think it's too far fetched to depict a future where pajeets colonize mars, earth governments are multi-ethnic and the belt slaves have a mix of basically every race and religion mankind has to offer

>full globohomo

Attached: 1567956034751.png (952x717, 373K)

>Expanse
>Earth ruled by UN
>Overpopulated, straining resources
>A few people fuck off to Mars
>UN dumps low caste retards by the truckload into space
>barely makes a dent
this is totally realistic outside of "UN sovereignty"

>I think it's realistic in The Expanse, to an extent. I mean, like it or not the world is becoming more diverse every day, I don't think it's too far fetched to depict a future where pajeets colonize mars, earth governments are multi-ethnic and the belt slaves have a mix of basically every race and religion mankind has to offer
I already said that´s not far fetched. In my oppinion because technology whoever develope it if it is shared to everyone, doesn´t matter who originally made it, and not so only those who made it gets to use it.

As for the world is becoming more diverse. If you say the world is becoming less white. The world has been is and was majority non white/non european. It´s a fact.
What you mean diverse i think you mean non white people coming into white peoples countries to live.
But that´s not necessary for knowledge sharing internationally.
There are more indians just in india than there are people in USA and europe combined. So the only way there can be no indians in space is that nobody gives them technology developed by others. And that they only get there if they develope it themselves..

Ofcourse in scenario of space exploration with some kind of earth federation. Then all nation states of the earth federation will have all that technology shared. But each remaining their ethnic groups in their own countries.

You don´t need to fucking fill white countries with non white people to get what you see in expanse. There´s already more non white people than there are white people. Infact far far more of them than white people to begin with.

It´s a misnomer to think that you can only create better tomorrow by filling white nations with non white people, because you operate under a delusion that non whites are a minority. They most certainly aren´t. MASSIVE MAJORITY. just not doing much by themselves. But in case such as an earth federation. They will get all that technology to all their nations and people.

Attached: world_population_by_country.png (6985x2670, 1.29M)

Attached: CaminaDrummer.png (2425x1800, 3.95M)

>western "art"

>Book builds up alien threat
>Aliens don't make their move until the end of book 8
>mfw there's only one more book left
This is going to be game of thrones season 8 all over again, isn't it?

Attached: 1550561717178.png (213x200, 40K)

is this Marilyn Manson

>game of thrones season 8
Jewwww jew jeww jew jew jew, jew jew jew jew
>jew jew jew jew, jew jew jew jew, jew jew jew jew

>played by Persia Monir
There, fixed your shitty flick.

Attached: cast_expanse_chrisjen_avasarala_s1.jpg (1436x1920, 552K)

>Deleted that shit off my hard drive 15 minutes in
Imagine not putting movies on your SSD to make them go faster
What a cuckold

Bayruse!

Ava Addams would be better

fun fact: one of the expanse authors is/was george rr martin's assistant or something

how many times did they meet with Epstein/take his money?

I don't know him but I'd say about thrice a day

I'm told this gets good with S2 is that right?

Keep trying to but S1 is really not for me. Even tho I like the premise.

season 1 is the best, they stop giving a shit about direction in season 2

>Keep trying to but S1 is really not for me. Even tho I like the premise.
I´m a big fan of the show, s1 starts off in a bad way where it´s very boring, but if you go right to season 1 episode 4 cqb. And you won´t really miss much important just some buildup to the rollercoaster essentially that it is from there. If you just start from there. I don´t think you will be dissapointed. As i seen by several replies itt.. They switch it off before they get to season 1 episode 4. They go what a load of boring shit i don´t like it.. So they really miss out. And in retrospect they could have beefed up those first 3 episodes more. Because if you think that´s how it´s going to be like for the rest of the series. Then i don´t blame you for turning it off. So, give it a try.

Nigger and a half nigger character in anything science related in the poster.
>Dropped

That being said, i albeit a fan of the show, found season 3 boring. If you want to watch it for rollercoaster, stick to season 1 and 2. season 3 in comparison is like watching paint dry as they are dialing up obviously for season 4. Because they planned originally to end it with abaddons gate in my understanding. Correct me if i´m wrong. But season 1 after episode 4 is pure kino, and big parts of season 2 aswell. They built it up so nicely that they gave themselves an incredibly hard time with season 3 since they realized shit, have to make season 4 now also. as they have to follow the books essentially.

Book 3 is also probably the worst or second worst of the bunch. Book 4 and 5 are great though, so I have high hopes for season 4 of the show

Naomi would have died if the magic Russian space lesbian pastor hadn't appeared literally out of nowhere in a vacuum
>globohomo

>Book 3 is also probably the worst or second worst of the bunch. Book 4 and 5 are great though, so I have high hopes for season 4 of the show
I can see how they ran into problems. Initially why they wanted to do hammer hard good season 1 and 2 which they ended up doing and then season 3 is like watching paint job because they realize they can´t go too far in season 3.. So they fucked themselves. Because otherwise they could have ended it more openended if there was no season 4.
So that´s why i don´t really blame them for season 3 which i did not enjoy, but season 1 and 2 i did enjoy tremendously. And so i have high hopes for season 4. And i think they know what they need to do.

This isn’t true you stupid nigger the big bad of the series is Philippino or Puerto Rican or something and the 4 main hero's are 2 white dudes an Indian dude (who’s Texan) and a random mutt chick who’s actually supposed to be mostly Asian and black

HEY THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND'S SON YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

It’s not forced in all the cast is the same race as the books and the different races in the books are fairy explained

Like different moons have different ethnic make ups. There is a reason why Alex is an Indian with a drawl and why Ganymede is full of Asians

Please make the expanse and altered carbon run forever :'(

Also bring julie mao back

>that one part in the books where she has to constantly deal with men that have mommy issues

Attached: 1553806784516.jpg (1280x670, 106K)

It’s not that India got there first Americans did but once space colonization became available to average humans a shitload of Indians migrated

You fucking edge lord

>It’s not forced in all the cast is the same race as the books and the different races in the books are fairy explained
Yes, but when you do it in practice, it´s not so easy. Anyone can write a book and shoehorn whatever ethnicity into it. Finding compelling actors to play it of those ethnicities. Very different story. What i mean is you shooting it in a white country. So multiethnic casts are hard for that.. Unless you want to go headhunt internationally then it´s easy. But in practice people don´t do that. If someone goes there is a peruvian guy. They don´t go to peru and see ok what we got here.. You know what i mean.

And also the point i was also making is, faced with that the actors they are are really good and they more importantly complement eachother well the internal dynamic. Ofcourse always there will be some saying it´s not good. But i think they did very good compared to other shows i have seen where it´s like you know they should have found someone else and they shoehorned that person because that was who they could find. Since rarely they go internationally headhunting like that.

Fag it’s supposed to be 350 years from now, 350 years ago was 1670 when the major powers were Poland, Spain and France the biggest question of the day was Protestant vs Catholicism, Sweden was a major military power and most of the new world was boundless wilderness full of savages

Shit fucking changes idiot

You are literally being retarded

In a future where space travel is cheap and frequent there will be Africans in spacec at no point in the setting does it attribute Africans to inventing or discovering anything they are just around

The last half of seasons 1 and first half of season 2 are pure kino

Pleb filtered

>In a future where space travel is cheap and frequent there will be Africans in spacec at no point in the setting does it attribute Africans to inventing or discovering anything they are just around
Why don´t you see my more recent reply as you are playing catch up.

i'm with you. this show is dogshit.

It’s actually really retarded when pol Tards complain about this show because it isn’t multi cultural

Raves are highly conscience of each other people comment on their mixes and what they look like, different parts of the solar system are full of different ethnicities and it causes tensions and strife and it’s all explained

If anything it’s a realistic interpretation of what a solar system filled with all different ethnicities might be like.

And it shows the true multi cultural earth as a giant socialist shithole, Mars is a proud proto-fascist state

She's Ojibwe, not asian

Attached: MV5BOGE2YmYxMjAtNTE4MC00ZjZjLWExZmYtYmQyNzYzZjc1NjNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg0NjU@._V1_UY1200_CR584,0, (630x1200, 59K)

The aliens have been central to the plot since literally the first book

It’s only bad if you are a zoomer adhd faggot that can’t deal with a couple hours of buildup

Season 3 was rushed because they were being cancelled but book three is the fucking tits

like 90% of the movies Yea Forums has ever recommended me were garbage

>It’s actually really retarded when pol Tards complain about this show because it isn’t multi cultural
If you got 0.00001% non european blood in a show /pol/ will complain about it. They don´t give a shit when will you learn. Not even trying to be fair about it. The actual europeans that just want to make sure their own people don´t dissapear in their own country, don´t give a fuck about 0.00001% or whatever.
You can´t argue with /pol/ Just forget it..

Now ofcourse having amsterdam being majority non dutch is big issue. And that´s legitimate but as usual with /pol/ if there is a drop of blood from a nigger or whatever.. it´s not ok. They do more harm than they do good with that, by being absolutists.. for actually evil people who in this case want dutch people to go extinct in their own country, they point to /pol/... right.. And in a way so do you! Careful with the strawman arguments lad.. And you should already know that /pol/ are absolutists to begin with. They took the absolutionist position in response to too much relativism, and they do it to land somewhere in a reasonable territory. But their arguments at face value.. Are totally objectionable ofcourse. They are meant to.
You need to realize what game they are playing.

>gunny will never jack you off and punch your balls while the secretary general ORDERS you to not cum while drummer spouts some belter bullshit in the corner
Just space me bros

You just listed a bunch of European countries, only whites traversed the globe and colonised distant lands. History repeats itself so if we ever get escape this rock it won't be fucking poo in loos. The only times they ever went to far flung places was as fucking coolies. When they were forcibly taken there, same with blacks.

LOGH is LITERALLY more realistic than this dreck

>only whites traversed the globe and colonised distant lands.

Attached: GettyImages-10123466.jpg (2128x1409, 3.02M)

Right now Asians, latins and blacks are traveling across the world to Europe and America????

How???? Cheap and easy transport

You think if space flight ever becomes cheap and easy Minorities won’t take it to all over the system

You are a fucking smooth brain

Pleb. Marcos was used by the laconians he was a useful idiot

imagine being this fucking ignorant

>imagine being this fucking ignorant
Blame the fucking asshole who mentioned /pol/ here, why do you think they are not going to come then. Why don´t these people just shut the fuck up and have a decent conversation and not mention it.. never fucking learn, it´s incredible.

Abos aactually evolved from marsupials and aren't strictly human
legally they're part of the wild life I believe

Attached: dont sleep on the road.jpg (634x343, 59K)

She's hindu

I don’t understand how people mix up Indians/Hindus with Arab Muslims

>Season 3 was rushed because they were being cancelled but book three is the fucking tits
I have high hopes for season 4. And they know what they need to do. I hope that they pull it off by all the good and hard work of everyone involved and really make it into something..

but they didn't even show up till the end, how is anything going to be resolved in just one book?

>user has garbage taste
>This is the norm, now.

>liking a show that bounced from syfy to netflix to amazon

Oh i'm sure it's just the best thing ever everyone knows that supreme quality is the greatest common factor between all those channels.

tell me more about how they have to explain to the audience several times that you can mimic gravity by spinning, i've never seen that in a tv show before!

Attached: ntdV0to.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>>user has garbage taste
>This is the norm, now.
Norm callers are the worst.. others should think as they want to think. But objectivity has gotten lost.
A lot of people don´t like it. That´s how it should be. Might be that some did like it though. I think i have pointed out both the flaws and the good parts. I´m a big fan of the show, did i say season 3 was good. No it was shit, did i say season 1 was good. no first part was shit the buildup was obviously too slow for zoomers. So they delete it after 15 minutes. Back to fortnite.. where they spend 20 minutes gathering shit to get blown their head off in 1 second wait 2 minutes.. then do it all over again and i´m the one wasting their time. You got me.. i´m perplexed. I´m dazzled by your low attention span wisdom.

1. Aliens have been in the show since the first chapter
2. They’ve fucked a lot of shit up
3. They “showed up” in book 6 and right off the bat in book 7

You should go reread you have bad comprehension

>Black space woman is always right
You obviously didn't watch far enough.

It never went to Netflix

Season 3 has some REALLY slow spots. Especially when they get through the portal.

>not even good enough for netflix
that's an oof from me.

= ^ )

>this show is the most realistic sci-fi ever shown on tv!
>wired.com/2017/01/geeks-guide-the-expanse-season-2/
>magic alien space portal

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Just about every series has this. Picks up around #3 or #4.

Right, but why doesn't she also have a boyfriend?

This guy again

I never read the books. Just the wiki summaries

Attached: 1562938549868.jpg (1182x754, 52K)

>this show is the most realistic sci-fi ever shown on tv!
Sometimes it´s just better if you´re an idiot. don´t say anything they might not notice. If you got a big mouth. You eventually need to prove it, that´s how it works.

pri.org/stories/2017-03-13/very-real-science-behind-expanse

Imagine being this fucking petty that streaming services dictate your taste.

I'm dazzled by your sheer autism.

>Just about every series has this. Picks up around #3 or #4.
Attention span of the average person has dropped to the fucking floor..
>give me it now or a reason why i should not turn this off right now.
>i am the emperor, suck my dick. When you walked into this room, you were clearly and precisely instructed to suck my dick, so why aren´t you doing it.. i will find someone else, and they will suck it, they´ll suck it good..

geekwire.com/2018/science-expanse-tv-show-sticks-space-realities-one-big-exception/
taskandpurpose.com/expanse-military-science-fiction-show
forbes.com/sites/chadorzel/2016/01/19/the-expanse-and-gravity-beyond-the-equivalence-principle/#2d730c0b3e01
theportalist.com/the-expanse-science
tor.com/2017/02/27/science-vs-the-expanse-is-it-possible-to-colonize-our-solar-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=-973RjZRmEY
io9.gizmodo.com/our-visit-to-the-mind-blowingly-realistic-spaceship-set-1743284262
nowtoronto.com/movies/features/the-expanse-season-three-diversity-space-television/

For quite a while the "scientific accuracy" was the most touted aspect of the show. It was aimed directly at the "i fucking love science and game of thrones" audience and it hit dead center.

Deal with it.

>I'm dazzled by your sheer autism.
and i forgive you for not understanding.

What's your favorite science fiction book?

the bible.

you just owned him with facts and logic my dude >.

Not either of them. While I like the show, this post from you is pretty ghey desu. I advise not talking too much about it if you want more people to watch.

I read all the books you are dumb

The less you know about space and engineering the better the show is.

Da fuck does this mean and why do they keep on repeating it, once every 10 minutes?

it´s a mystery book but it´s made up of real things. Iron and soul. That man wished..

If you want to see MAN.. if you want to truly SEE MAN.. you wake up at 4am tomorrow.. you go down at the market.. and you watch them they are all opening shops with their little hands and their little market providing a service for their local thing depending on what village or community you walk in. Look at them...
They wake up every day. They take the locks away because others like them might steal from them.. they put the signs out.. they put the signs at their doors saying this and that for sale.. they wait.. and the sun rises..
All of them looking pathetic they are up that day maybe their wife or husband yell at them, they are out there.. and you walk by.. I encourage it.. Wake up early earlier than everyone else.. and then you will see..

Then ofcourse the sunlight hits, the broad masses awaken and they walk around pretending as if well that is just a force of nature.. they are there and i am able..
Their tiny little hands wanting to humbly present this is what i can offer you..Do you like it?

I stopped watching in the middle of season 2. The characters feel like they were written by a complete amateur. None of their actions feel natural, they only serve to move the plot forward or to tick a bullet point on a checklist of worn-out tropes. I simply did not care what happens to any of them.

Tough shop...
>i simply do not care what happens to all of them..
Because nobody ever gave a fuck about you and what you wanted. YES.. it made you think.. mission accomplished.. only halfway there though..

Dont forget that the fucking captain of the ship apparently is the only one able to do anything. Really turned me off from the books when they needed him every single time to wipe their ass. I read the first 2 but then just trashed them.

Bump!

Come on anons, you c-can do it! D-don't let the thread die now!

Attached: 1557529777175.jpg (113x244, 15K)

>unable to read 30 pages of a book without forgetting everything
This one stings. I spend a lot of time reading my uni texts but forget them all. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The s o o o y in these posts shows you just what kind of people love The Expanse series lol. This hilarious 'sci-fi stories should be told as friendly and uplifting as possible to send good messages to all minorities and make those evil whites get out of the way' and 'space exploration is a utopian adventure with our perfectly diverse Captain Planet crew of plucky heroes!'

The amount of reddit in here is fucking disturbing. Only Yea Forums could manage that.

The third one will be Okoye.

Last week I realized that the actor who plays Holden was also the main character in pic related and I can't stop thinking about how fucking funny that is.

Attached: the covenant.jpg (352x550, 45K)

I hope we see Mars, we saw a bit of Earth and a shit ton of space stations in the belt

Attached: 1563670038576.png (960x552, 310K)

Mars pov is confirmed with Bobbie and Avasarala

Attached: 2.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

kek

>implying the second set of aliens aren’t also dead and everyone’s just been getting their panties in a twist over more automated systems

>he died
Just watch him come back this season.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for dull sci fi but the first 3 episodes weren't that bad for me, Maybe you zoom zoooms need to appreciate slow burns.

you have some creepy vendetta against this show. you are in every single one of these expanse threads posting shit like this. do you think people don't recognize you?

>its another /pol/ shitposting expanse thread
im pretty sure its the same handful of posters posting the same shit over and over again too

It is

Attached: 5586867.jpg (631x996, 65K)

There should be plenty of both Mars and Earth in season 5 if they stay faithful to the book

bro omg the show isn't 100% scientifically accurate but the fucking media said it was so accurate holy shit wow they are so wrong omg the show is terrible why are they hollowing out asteroids they should be building dyson spheres what a bunch of hacks

Attached: ifyoureadthisyouareliterallyreddit.png (293x172, 9K)

you can just *feel* the lack of hype and intrigue surrounding this show

your autism is misdirected

Attached: 23546779.jpg (640x883, 46K)

We're getting Mars POV this upcoming season

Attached: 5.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

i felt book 4 was a bit out of place. you could skip the book and wouldnt miss much in regards to the overall plot

This is a midwit-core television drama.

nice

Based hey there hoss poster

How does it feel to have spent more time downloading something than it took to decide to delete? Do you feel like a fool? Because you look like one.

Downloading something is a passive process, you only lose the minute or two it takes you to find the download

People keep shilling this shit but all storylines and characters suck, wtf?

>characters suck
Only Naomi
Though she's much less annoying in the books. It's probably just the actress that makes her insufferable

>miller, amos, ashford, drummer, errinwright, alex, nguyen, ashur
>suck
lmao no

One thing I like about the TV show is that some characters from the books are given a ton more screentime
Errinwright for instance shows up like 3 times in the book and it's all in videocalls with avasarala, while in the show he's one of the main characters for a long time and one of the best imo

Not ahead of genuinely smart nations/branches of humanity it's not.

same thing with mao. he's in the book for like 2 short scenes

>globohomo
Even as a literal nazi I just think you're a useless triggered /pol/cuck when you talk like that

Race mixing

It's weird when people say something like it's a matter of taste when that was the point. She was supposed to be terrible and jingoistic, and then wise up and become awesome.

>think what could he be referring to, islander? scan from right to left
>burst out laughing when I see the glasses

>liking drummer
>not watching season 3

but they're not massive
look:

Attached: 1529622024710.jpg (922x923, 123K)

them thighs
i need a bobby gf

Yeah exactly, thanks for another example showing how smol they are

you should have learned by now that 99% of things posted here are complete garbage

>I read the first 2 but then just trashed them
Same

Normally I don't care about in-universe politics in shows but goddam is Aghdashloo absolutely superb as Crisjen.

OP is a faggot and whoa nelly this thread is full of book spoilers

Amos gets killed and becomes a protomolecule zombie in book 8

fuck you I'm not reading it

haha that's fucking nutso

Noone asked for your selfie bugman

Your time is up white boy

Retard

Attached: smug miller.png (475x503, 221K)

Oh look it's another episode of 'I hate my life and can't enjoy anything anymore so neither should you.'
Do us all a favor and kill yourself.

Okay in book 5 Naomi's ex-bf and her angry teenager son fling some asteroids at Earth killing like half the population

I told you I'm not reading it!

The Expanse: Ugly People Doing Boring Things Very Slowly.

Attached: Blue Milk.jpg (1024x546, 278K)

>Yea Forums backlash on something popular

STOP THE PRESSES

>Amos
>ugly
Lol

Yeah, currently just got past the first half of season 2 and starting to lose interest. Going to finish the season tonight and get to the next at least. Still a better show than anything else being made.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHhhaHHAhahHAHhahA

Poor little user thing LMAO

Stupif cuck, cringiest faggot, lamest bastard

YIKES!

Attached: Retardedlikeyou.gif (374x180, 2.68M)

Sorry, Miss. No homo.

>starts off with cool space detective stuff
>turns into blue goo muh space princess politician queen slay

>Miss

>hasn't seen S3

Attached: the room eats you.png (1600x900, 873K)

It's pretty boring shit bros

Kys pleb

True. I'm on episode 8 or 9 of season 2 and already started liking her after they got their shit handed to them on Ganymede. She felt more authentic afterwards, instead of acting like what a woman thinks a Marine should be.

WTF. Jane comes back?! Motherfucker, I was considering dropping the show after his arc ended in season 2.

Attached: for you.jpg (900x599, 83K)

I hate this motherfucker with a blinding rage. Everytime I see that fucking smile I want to kill him.

>he didn't know

Attached: 1528086200545.gif (480x270, 1.2M)

A show also suffers from shitty annoying characters overstaying their welcome.

They weren't killed by the falling mirrors retard

You'd die a cuckold.

>B-but it's real-realistic!

Which makes sense because if you live in India even Mars looks like a nice place to live.

why did they jump 30 years in the story?

Because they wanted to jump to a point in the timeline when the Laconian Empire is big and established and the main bad guys

texas pajeet is the best character