/hmm/ - Dark Crystal general

Hunter edition
Previous thread:

Attached: The_Hunter.jpg (2000x2997, 862K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pa-zBpB9Gf4
youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4
youtube.com/watch?v=YSToRJPi3mc
youtube.com/watch?v=WVIrGONcCu4
youtube.com/watch?v=JZQ6L_jneM4
youtube.com/watch?v=qUryY7oN7kg
youtube.com/watch?v=WFrHOCwrMYQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's take bets on how many garthim are actually going to die in season 2. They don't like to show too much violence, and garthim are mega warriors. I say they're going to manage to kill 3 garthim total over the course of the season.
>one when they first start getting chased
>one to show off how powerful their new mcguffin is
>one near the end of the season at climax

DARTH DEET!

Attached: UNLIMITED POWER.jpg (738x369, 35K)

Deet sucks

take it back right now

Attached: 1567911917366.png (757x689, 374K)

How are they even going to make more garthim? The scientist needed one of those servants and a spider to make one, the spiders they can get but IIRC those two servants were supposed to be the last of their kind.

dark and edgy like my soul

Gurjin

What happens to Kira and Jen after the movie?

Do they find more gelfing that were hiding away?

What's the best way to do a sequel series?

My idea:
>New UrSkeks pick up news of their brethren's experiment on Thra
>come to exterminatus the place because they feel it's tainted
>Gelfing use the crystal to keep them fractured
>two new races appear (remember that the skeksis only existed because the exiled UrSkeks had an impurity to them they wished to expunge)

>rian just has a dad
>none of the Queens are married
>deet has two fathers
>two Gelfkings from the movies don’t have parents
How exactly do Geflings reproduce ? Assexually?

Do they have some kind of cloning technology?

The crystal gives them super pure genetics that don't degrade through incest and an insatiable sex drive. The rest is history.

Is Jen the son of Rian and Deet?
As to “what happens to them” I think they could easily go with : some Gelflings were living underground

Interbred with the fire gelflings who live near the core.

the other urskeks don't give a shit about thra
probably through dreamfasting

>Rian and Deet
Rian and Brea maybe, Deet is too far gone. She's gonna carry the darkening until it either kills her or she somehow gets rid of it amd dies not long after. Most likely she'll find some way to restrain it to the area surrounding the castle since that's the only completely dead area in the movie.

Just finished this and it was fucking excellent. Got some powerful Pellenor Fields vibes at the finale, except much smaller and with puppets.
Poor Deet though, hope best waifu is ok
>that HMMMMMmmmmMMM as the General turns to fucking dust
Why is Chamberlain the absolute best

Attached: reaction1.jpg (600x400, 21K)

>ID. Not IDeet.

Attached: DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE DARKENING.jpg (785x541, 215K)

anyone else feel like the show had a really good start the first 5 episodes or so and then kind of just mellows down after? i started to lose interest when other skeksi like the hunter and the desert one were introduced. really wish we got to see more of the podlings and Hup they were my favorite part of the show

When they die in the film, they just fall apart and are empty shells. So I imagine after that prototype he figures out how to make them without needing much organic material.

Hunter and Heretic were great, but I do agree that there should be more podlings in the show.

CRYSTALCHADS! THE THREAD'S CALLING!

keksis

fuck you

Why was the Emperor so based?

Attached: 1568090061035.gif (444x400, 3.6M)

Watch it, skekSil!

Attached: Watch it SkekSil!.jpg (1276x569, 145K)

i'm mixed about the heretic. i like the idea of a neutral skeksi who acknowledges his mystic and accepts him, but i thought they were supposed to unite into one when they do? i dislike the hunter one because he does grunt work any other creature could do. it doesn't seem very skeksi to value "trophies" so much that you're willing to die for them

Only the crystal being healed can reunite them

That scene was fucking savage.First the emperor has the fake-out speech about conserving essence, then the skekses pig out on it, then emperor BTFO's Celadon into the next trine, and THEN they rip her gown to shreds and send her to be drained. It goes from comedic to dramatic to darkly comedic and then fucking horrifying all in the span of 5 minutes. At this point there is no longer even the pretense of cooperation with the Gelflings and we get to see how utterly contemptuous the Skekses really are of them. Fuck what a great show.

Agreed we didn't get nearly enough Hup and Deet adventures. Hup and Deet made a much more capable and fun pair than Deet and Rian. I am so mad Hup was benched for the last several episodes.

the great conjunction and a fixed crystal is needed to recombine urskeks

They can't just become one by accepting each other, they're still split by the crystal, the power of friendship can't undo that. And the whole point of the hunter is that he's not like the other skeksis, he's a muscular powerhouse. The archer is basically the mystic equivalent of that, they're both the most physically able of their race.

Name a more based motherfucker

Attached: 1568064133808.jpg (825x1050, 598K)

>absolutely destroyed/cucked/emasculated/humiliated that cunt gelfling in front of everyone
>didn't give a single fuck about her feelings and loyalty
>known for throwing parties and dancing literally while the world burns
>did everything in his power to save Hunter, used up all the essence they had
>honored the Hunter by donning him in the finest armor and had him displayed in all his fearsome glory

There is no better skek

Attached: netflix-dark-crystal-characters-emperor.jpg (2500x3746, 2.39M)

What would things have been like if he became emperor?

>I WILL NEVER BE DUST

Attached: [email protected] (1160x560, 162K)

a more pragmatic and cultured regime

>Think the hunter will shoot one more arrow all the way to Stone in the Wood to kill the hunter
>He just does a sudoku

I don't even know

youtube.com/watch?v=pa-zBpB9Gf4
that Hhmmmmhmhhmmm at 1:20

How has no one made an angry Hup gif or webm yet? The one where he makes the farty sounds and his nose implodes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Attached: Mystics.JPG.jpg (936x403, 47K)

urAmaj and skekAyuk are both concider to be master chief of their time and very skill at culinary.
But who is actually the better chief ?
If they both open a restaurant and
culinary school, which one will be more popular to the people of thra (
essense is not included in the manue because skekAyuk need
Gelflings customer)

Also,What's each of their restaurant and school is like ?
Are there any Gelflings or Podling anons here who had worked or study there told me about their experiences ?

If he shot the arrow it would also have been suicide. I did like that one user's idea that he shoots an arrow one or two episodes before it lands and kills the Hunter though. But in both cases it makes him a bit too OP and is probably too far in terms of violence. You can't have the peaceful mystic stick an arrow through someone's skull.

Anyone got that gif of skekSo doing that twirl during their autistic dance party?

cringe

A lot more ordered and peaceful. He'd never have declared war on all Gelflings and tried to wipe them out.

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTARY

Attached: flinteart-Glomgold-1200x676.jpg (1200x676, 68K)

EEEAAAHHHHHH

Attached: darkcrystal516.jpg (1600x680, 94K)

MINE

>it's an user falls in love with a puppet episode

He's just the worst.

So is the emperor like an evil sorcerer or something

They fucked like rabbits. Pure.

We're not doing this shitty fanfiction.

>t. Castle Guard snitch

He figured out how to harness the darkening, but it's more to do with that crystal he has in his staff. He also decays faster than the other skeksis so it's not exactly ideal.

What was his deal?

He’s basically me

All of the Skeksis and the urRu are familiar with the esoteric to some extent. The mystics are called "natural wizards", and their counterparts likewise dabble in mad science and dark magic.

I found the first two episodes slow.
Then the third picked up a bit. I also didn't really enjoy the first Hunter introduction part that followed. But the desert part you're talking about I liked a lot because it showed more of the world, and made it feel larger for the first time. The one thing I don't like about the show compared to the movie is that you don't get the same sense of scale and grandness to the world. Chamberlain is like tping back and forth between the castle and Stone In The Wood.

Thra isn't very large. Given, it makes sense considering the crystal is the centre of their world. Their planet may be an upside down three-sided pyramid, like a triangle.

Does his mystic counterpart die too? (Haven’t watched the movie in decades)

In Jim Henson’s original sketches thra was only 700km from its two furthest points and basically a flat triangle floating through space

Yes he was Jens sensei and leader of the mystics

yeah

How much of the prequel series is from Henson’s ideas or is it all new stuff based off the movie ? That is to say : did Henson have an idea for more movies based off Dark Crystal but never got to making it or is the series basically like the Disney Star Wars sequels

Power of the dark crystal and beneath the dark crystal are sequel comics based on Henson's original ides. They are very good.

Power of the dark crystal is a flaming pile of garbage and you know it.

Why does he gets so abused bros

Attached: images - 2019-09-10T131947.275.jpg (452x678, 42K)

Because he is the cutest skek.

It's because he's a total sub and secretely loves it

He is the most useful, but the most socially inept. They keep him in check so he knows his place. If he was any more cunning he'd be a major threat to the Emperor.

DEET DEET

All this dark deet nonsense when she's clearly suffering for it. She can't just willy nilly it.

Doesn't he have a sudden change of heart halfway the episodes? He seemed to genuinely care about his creatures, and next thing he clubs them to death and becomes literal Hitler.

Blaming it on the essence seems lame because the others don't seem to change so much in personality

He snapped like an bullied school shooter.

I hate the podlings and cringe anytime they're on screen personally. The more skeksis the better. I want grimdark crystal.

Hup is based though

C y c l e o f a b u s e

Podlings are fun. They seem to be the only musicians and know how to party. They are the ones that lighten the mood, always grim dark gets tiring and boring.

Attached: Podlings-2.jpg (360x251, 24K)

All of them go power mad once they get a taste for essence. Most obvious with the scroll keeper who was very jovial with the gelflings in the first episode when he really didn't have to be.

Scientist still cares for his creatures though, the ones he killed weren't his, they were the slaves Chamberlain gave him.

Gelflings are lighthearted enough for me without being silly and annoying.

I just remembered that his animals end up killing him. The bullying never stops.

Gelflings are mostly not light hearted, they are pretty serious. You have Skeks on one end of the spectrum, Podlings living it up on the other end and Gelflings in the middle.

Attached: Hup-1200x676.jpg (1200x676, 72K)

Based hupposter

I just consider the poddies to be like Downers.

Someone who can do it needs to organize a reach one episode per week for tv. Need w couple people to be streamers in case the first broadcaster is someone who suffers from depression and might kill himself during the rewatch weeks

Hollywood loves to rape Mark Hamil lately.

>snitches on Rian
>jobs against Seladon
>jobs against Skeksis

why is she so pathetic
But jokes aside it's good to see flawed female leaders who don't win all the time

Attached: untitled.jpg (2000x2997, 957K)

Then how are those downers still alive in the moive hmMMmm?

She looks more like the mutant cangaroos from warriors of virtue than a gelfing.

Looking at that village in episode three they eat whatever and roll around in mud. It's not that hard.

Attached: hmMMMmm time to make my move.webm (752x582, 2.93M)

Even Aughra calls her out on her bullshit.

He is incontrovertibly the most abused creature on all of Thra.

All female leaders are failures in this. The All-Mordra doesn't listen and raises a sociopath and eventually gets killed because she's a dumbass, Mordra Fara does all the stuff you said (seriously how did she get bodied by fucking Seladon?), I don't think I even need to list what Selodon does wrong, three of the other mordras bow down to a clearly insane Seladon and Aughra started this whole mess when she gave the urskeks the crystal so she could fuck off into space. I think the only one that wasn't a complete fuck-up was the grottan mordra.

He likes his little creature in the cage, he didn't seem to regard the Gruenaks as anything but slave assistants. Also he was pissed off at being constantly trodden on and sometimes bully victims kick downward.

Nathalie Emmanuel has the sweetest voice.

hmMMMMmm good numbers yes?

Attached: ChekSil the Numberlain.png (1369x631, 1.16M)

the Grottan Maudra was hilarious
>NO ARGUING WITH TREES
made me lose my shit

Attached: untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

I plant shitposts into ground, watch them grow into (You)s.

based

I hate your shitposts!

Attached: dark-crystal-skeksis.jpg (1920x816, 264K)

If there's one thing I have to critizise it's the lack of a sense for distances or scales in the show. In the beginning the skesis set out for Harar by carriage and expect to be there at sundown. One time, Rian and gang dreamfast in the woods while Brea and family are in Harar. Then the Skeksis take her and Rian is suddenly in Harar. After a short pursuit they are in the woods again and even the rock golem caught up.

>Don't you just love, the Darkening?

She's basically Aughra lite.

So how true is the shitposting about jew undertones?

The trial by dubs has spoken! you are hereby banned for shitposting outside of Yea Forums!

She's just female Yoda but it works

It's false

Attached: 1559074947948.gif (520x382, 3.1M)

Gelfing, help, SkekSil must regain his seat at the shitposting table. Peace between Gelfling and Skeksis!

Attached: tumblr_psehu5l4g11tg9ln0_1280.jpg (1280x1357, 668K)

The only true parallel is the energetic vampirism through ritual sacrifice. Other than that the analogies are too farfetched.

>long nosed/beaked disgusting species controlling the goyfling
>creates strife among the goyfling so they'll never unite against them
>sucks out goyfling essence so they may stay young forever
>demands tithes from the goyfling despite not doing anything useful for them
>perfectly willing to stab each other in the back but are united against the goyfling
>smear the opposition through carefully placed rumors
>most goyfling consider them their greatest allies
>skeksis = kikesss
All purely coincidental.

Attached: 1567821440581.png (1000x1000, 218K)

Make sure you scrub between each shaft, Podlings

Attached: SkekOk.jpg (1920x865, 618K)

Why do they speak Italian ?

>All-Mordra
Bahahahah nice spelling nerd. It's actually All-Maudra, or 'All-Mother'.

Bold choice

>skeksis = kikesss
oh wow

Yeah it's maudra, my bad.

>THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU DRAIN
>THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU DARKEN

Attached: MY BAD.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

The switch from trying to coerce Jen to come back to the castle to angrily screaming peace and please always disturbed me.

and yet they're the best characters in the show who steal every scene

PREVARICATOR

No take virginity. Just putting the tip in, yeeesss? Just seeing what it feels like, yessss. Hmmmmmm.

Attached: mmmmmmm.jpg (315x270, 12K)

We need some webms from this show made

El Goblinos

DIRTY LOOKIE-LOO

Attached: Cinereous-Vulture-2cy_Hellendoorn-Netherlands_25-05-19_Arnoud-B-van-den-Berg-4.jpg (1617x1080, 549K)

I'm pretty hyped for based SkekUng, though it's going to be hard to replace his god tier voice.
>Chamberlain's high off his farts because he played the General and got his seat back
>The Hunter, the most badass Skeksis, died so the Skeksis are panicked
>Most likely the Garthim start off pretty shit

>The Chad SkekUng trounces the Virgin SkekSil and sees through his crap
>Also upgrades and perfects the Garthim, ensuring the Scientist's loyalty
>Fucks everyone's shit up and essentially wipes out the Gelflings

I wish someone would make a compilation of all the crazy phrases the Skeksis say, they're glorious.

Wait why did Brea draw this in her journal, is she shipping Rian and Deet?

Attached: untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

She likes to watch...and draw.

She's a cooler, funnier, less stupid version of Aughra.

Watch it, General!

Attached: 1568074278448.jpg (1494x810, 185K)

It's funny, for all the talk about how mighty she was, she was one hell of a jobber.
The only points I can give her are that she saw through Seladon.

>Seladon's assault scene

Excuse me what the fuck did I just watch? Bold choice putting that in, in the age of metoo.

Based Paladin of the Holy Spoon: Sir Hup

she is a fangirl, probably she has a secret diary full of Rian and Gurjin yaoi

Because the Skeksis base their entire hierarchy on physical prowess, not intelligence and ingenuity. The Emperor kept his spot for so long because even when he seems like he's breaking down, he's so vicious that no one dares to try and fuck with him. It's why the General was so loyal, because he respected the Emperor's power and aggressiveness. The Chamberlain was the most devious and was the most impactful, but in the end he wouldn't have been able to control the Skeksis for long with just that.

Finding the usefulness in something isn't a change of heart. He's always stone cold, but that doesn't mean he doesn't see a value in something for himself.

first for the puppeteer behind the 'Puppet show' of the Heretic, he made a good job

youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4

>"Come Skeksis, pay respects to your Empress"
>"What is this? We are Skeksis, we bow to no-one"
>"My dear skekSo, that was NOT A REQUEST"
>*room shakes, parts of the ceiling fall, threads of Darkening shoot from her hands and arc around the room*

Attached: Empress Deet.jpg (1430x842, 493K)

skek

>now get on your knees and put that CGI tongue to use

this guy's video where he got a new cat is top comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=YSToRJPi3mc

holy fuck is this actually going to happen? is she going to kill all gelflings?

cringe.

Did he really do the Heretic? I've been subscribed to him for a while but I didn't know he did big productions like these.

He did the scene of the Heretic and uhGoh doing a puppet show. Puppets doing smaller puppets.

cool, he seemed like a cool dude when I followed him. good for him

The true fujos only ship gelfling/skeksis. Or gelfling/fizzgig, now that's the real sick shit on Thra.

How long will Skeksis posting last guys?

Attached: CEASE.png (1366x675, 890K)

If it gets renewed for another season, never.

Or rather forever, I mean.

Jesus christ I'm in a need of more puppetkino, is there even anything else other than Henson stuff and Thunderbolt fantasy?

youtube.com/watch?v=WVIrGONcCu4

Forever. Skeksis are immortal!

Attached: 2019-09-08 02_16_23-Netflix.png (835x454, 677K)

MINE

Skeksis ARE FOREVER Skeksis WILL NEVER DIE

Not sure about pure puppetry, but plenty of 80s movies used a lot of puppets.

Hmmmmmm this is cringe, yes?

Attached: chamberlain.jpg (620x413, 57K)

>they make music
>know how to party

it makes sense

I'd be so pissed off.
>The Skeksis, the main draw to the franchise, are just pussies! Our OC is the real villain!

....damn you. Now I have a new kink.

Don't forget the score, it's also kino
youtube.com/watch?v=JZQ6L_jneM4

They're actually releasing both volumes on vinyl, I think I might have to start saving. Oh please be a gatefold edition.

Attached: AoR Vol2.png (387x389, 268K)

I thought she drew herself with Rian.

Yeah looks like she's shipping herself.

This would be super lame

jen strangles kira who replies she feels sick

Aye. In fact I honestly believe Deet is the true villain of the series. The Skeksis will get btfo horribly and hide in their castle but Deet will be a threat to Thra and her jealousy of Brea will tip her over the edge. Her vision had her sitting in the Skeksis chair after all and Brea running away with a child maybe Jen. A lot of Gelfling will die to take her out leaving the rest as easy pickings for the Garthim

This is a cringe theory

Given that the writers of the show aren't you typical low-IQ /pol/ dwellers, i'd say the chance for that is pretty slim
If anything, the racist, genocidal, ritual-obsessed, fascist skeksis can easily be read as an allegory for Nazis

people project their obsessions/boogeyman onto Skesis.

>In fact I honestly believe Deet is the true villain of the series
Probably the dumbest thing that would happen
We don't need yet another YASSS GURL SLAY dark phoenix stereotype, holy shit.

This would be such a horrible idea.

so then whites are weak pathetic rodent creatures that are easily outsmarted????

So who are you looking forward to see from the remaining Skeksis if there's a season 2?
There were 18 in total, two of them, SkekHak and SkekYi, died shortly after the split when the Skeksis attacked the Mystics and discovered the hard way what happens to one happens to the other.

11 have appeared on the show, 3 who appeared in the film have yet to appear on the show and 2 haven't been seen on-screen in the show or film. Some were mentioned when the Skeksis considered recalling them to the castle before the big battle in the finale:

SkekUng the Garthim-Master/Second General (and eventually second Emperor), lead villain of the film and commander of the Garthim army, was mentioned in season 1 by name.

SkekShod the Treasurer: Was a background character in the film in charge of keeping the Skeksis' treasures and gifts, wasn't mentioned at all in season 1. My guess is they thought his role was too similar to the Collector's and so held off on him til future episodes

SkekNa the Slavemaster: Also a background character in the film, in charge of directing the zombified Podling slaves to do Skeksis bidding. Was mentioned in Season 1.

SkekSa the Mariner: Not in the film, obviously in charge of ships. Supplemental material had them depart the castle by choice after a disagreement with the Emperor and went sailing round the seas. Mentioned with SkekUng and SkekNa as good in a fight.

SkekLi the Satirist: Not in the film, originally the court jester and later took to writing insulting satire for amusement. Supplemental material had him be so fucking annoying that even the other Skeksis couldn't stand him and booted him out of the castle. Mentioned in Season as not much use in a fight.

Mariner/Satirist are not in the film and therefore have to die in the show at some point, same with the Heretic.

They just invented the Garthim in the end of season 1 and held off on SkekUng the Garthim Master. The Garthim war is obviously what season 2 is covering.

This.

reminder Jim Henson wanted Skesis to speak their own crazy language

youtube.com/watch?v=qUryY7oN7kg

Attached: DK2_1041.jpg (2000x1125, 248K)

There are only so many options, I mean we all know what the endgame is. I just hope they don't rehash the final moments of of Revenge of the Sith.

It was a cool idea, though I see why they dropped it. It also gave us the Chamberlain's signature vocals. his funky tone was supposed to be because he was familiar with the common tongue, like a foreigner speaking

>There are only so many options
And that didn't stop them from worldbuilding fantastically for the first season. I seriously doubt they will go with a Dark Deet. She looked more like she was suffering. I doubt she can actually control it, only absorb and redirect.

>SkekShod the Treasurer
This guy sounds so much fun. Make him a full-on Scrooge McDuck-type gold obsessed birb.

>SkekLi the Satirist
Would like to see him as either overly dramatic or a full-blown 'nobody gets me' emofag.

I look forward to SkekUng and SkekSil annoying each other

Supermarionation aka Gerry Anderson

eg Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray

KNEEL
BOW

They are too in real life, the Mossad HQ must have had the most kino moments in world history.

Attached: general.png (3576x3600, 1.79M)

I await the Treasurer and Slavemaster since the show was great for giving the background Skeksis from the film more screentime and stuff to do. Ones like the Gourmand or Scrollkeeper only had like 1-2 lines in the film but were pretty great in the show as supporting characters.

As the name suggests, that's more Marionette work that true puppetry.

Gourmand was a kino side skeksis

Voiced by the super camp guy from Independence Day.

CRYSTAL SHITPOSTERS FLY

TROLL THE LAND
TROLL THE WATER
TROLL THE SKY

The Skeksis are the kind of great villains that you can project on them and call them whatever suits your set of beliefs.

That being said, joking about them being Jews has brought me much joy, particularly when people get mad about it.

Attached: oy vey the gelfing know.png (958x430, 604K)

Would ruin the series for me, especially with the garthim wars just happening

Whats your favorite Chamberlain quote? Besides the obvious HMMMMM?

Attached: And Hmmmmmmmmmmrenhall I suppose thats off the table as well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.png (555x827, 583K)

PLEEEEEEEAASE

When he drank Mira's essence and pissed on their religion

"RETURN TO THRA"
*steps on glass like a kike*

i fucking love the look of his eyes. it is purely evil and even if he is one of the physically weaker Skeksis he is still by far the most frightening by far.

Why does the opening of the original give me such goosebumps
youtube.com/watch?v=WFrHOCwrMYQ

it's not, it's people that think muh jews is still hilarious
it's projection

Some of the shots in this show are absolutely gorgeous.

Attached: Facetime in Thra.jpg (1920x864, 689K)

The Satirist sounds fucking kino desu.

I need this author to draw every one of them

Attached: skeksis scribe.jpg (720x916, 63K)

Uh... No.

watch it genny

Authors write, they usually don´t draw user

Has SkekTek been drawn yet?

please don't shoot up the thread, user

>You. Took. My. Seat.
Also
>I hunt power.

>You hunt a chair!?
>No, I hunt power

>This is what I do. I plant stories in ground, watch grow into truth.

Pretty much the moment he caught my full attention.

Attached: SkekTek.jpg (495x765, 71K)

I think he only needed some flesh to connect not a entire gurnak

The way he turned Rian's thought processes around in the carriage with just words was amazing. The thing is, he was kinda right.

Death is unnatural. Death is cruel joke! Death mocks life, mocks Skeksis! But no more. Skeksis conquer death! And you Gelfling would do same in Skeksis' place.

*plots your demise for trivial slight*

Attached: 1568059699845.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

Attached: seat.jpg (2000x2000, 210K)

>trivial
Beating the shit out of him for no reason then taking his job as Emperor's advisor is not trivial at all, the General deserved to die.

What's the artist's name?

ANOTHER WORLD
ANOTHER TIME

Based OOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH poster

I think he just means he'd plot the demise of anyone who annoyed him, not just the General.

I don't want to be controversial but... are the bad guys... you know... of a certain tribe?

Tribes are for Gelfling.

CEASE THIS LINE OF THOUGH YOU... YOU...

DOUBLE INCEL

He's basically Frank Underwood from House of Cards.

>it'll be at least a year till series 2 is released

Attached: tenor[1].gif (220x220, 613K)

Attached: general on seat.png (2000x2000, 1.68M)

Also done SkekZok

Attached: d8kgj2d-0d4c647d-d6de-43ef-b783-aa599f324ffa.jpg (500x636, 327K)

yeah....jim henson was a well known anti-semite.
You dumbfuck

SkekAyuk

Attached: d7b7qn1-6ce1af6f-d46f-4384-9841-b4efe32f9be2.jpg (660x840, 356K)

REEEEE

And SkekNa, Slavemaster

Attached: d7ai4lx-80aa42b2-7016-4570-b7e4-66324669e49c.jpg (638x825, 427K)

Sad but true, the current series was filmed in 2017, everything since has been post-production.
Personally, if they keep the quality I'm prepared to wait.

Attached: AO4Z7943.jpg (2048x1337, 135K)

hmmmMMmm!

Attached: skeksiseternal.jpg (800x503, 38K)

I just want them to hurry up and confirm there'll even be a season 2.
I'm worried not enough normies have watched it for Netflix to justify it.
I'd gladly wait a year or more if it's as good as season 1.

I'm willing to wait whatever it takes as long as it keeps quality, but knowing Netflix and the current state of media in general I rather be pessimistic and be surprised.

Attached: 51nFu5I0trL_grande.jpg (500x495, 43K)

I think we're safe, this series has generated a lot of buzz. Still fingers crossed.

puppet sheev

>an eyepatch AND a hook hand
This guy looks awesome

>mmm it's tough to be voice of reason in such crazed world!

after completely BTFO Rian with his mind games

Neat.

shame this figure is so fucking expensive i would love to own it and have it on my workplace to play with it hehe

Attached: giphy[1].gif (488x275, 798K)

Based, thanks user.

>Deet
Belongs in the trash
>Brea
Belongs on a cloud of protection

They all look the same to me

>Fine! Go then! Run! Have your war! But it will be on Rian's head when all Gelfling die because you chose to run.
>Again
BTFO of the trine

Attached: HMMMMM.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

lmao and now it's true.

>just realized Yea Forums has their own Dark Crystal threads
>they have more OC and fanart than we do

HmmMMMMmmm

Attached: glock.jpg (1612x1209, 343K)

Yeah I wanted to see more of the gelflin and podling society before the shit hit the ground

Yeah well I'm working to fix that mother fucker.

But do they have Skeksisposting? Hmmmmm?

The Chad SkekSil
The Virgeneral SkekVar

i want SkekNa for season 2 bad

Yeeeees, user. Skeksisposting, yeeees hmmmm.

I have both threads open all day.

absolutely obsessed incel

RIP skekLach. You will not be missed, you disgusting cow.

>yfw you realize unless they either have it so Heretic and Wanderer are just hidden and unaccounted for in the movie, or they pull some asspull in Season 2, Heretic and Wanderer will never actually recombine and die before they can

Attached: 1467248640732.jpg (680x585, 44K)

I'm sure they will die hugging, user. That makes it a little better.

I wonder if her mystic counterpart was also some gross thing

Good, fuck everyone who tries to go against the lords of the crystal.

based, that was the only other bad skeksis.

If it's skekLach's counterpart it must have been stunningly beautiful.

*smashes your fucking head in*

Attached: 1568071620524.jpg (825x464, 49K)

I hope if they ever do remake the movie they have a better reason for why Chamberlain would agree to trial by stone it makes him look like a dumbass

My boy deserves only research funding and hugs.

skekLach's counterpart was UrSen the Preserver who seems to look normal for a mystic. Maybe because SkekLach got the way she was after trying to obtain a cursed item

GET BACK IN THE LAB WEAKLING

Maybe Skeksil isn't as weak as everyone thinks he is, or that Skekur isn't as strong. Skekur is just the master of the garthim, so I don't think he has to be physically powerful. General, Heretic, and Hunter were probably the really strongest physically.

I'm pretty sure the supplemental material (or maybe the novelization) said he effectively had no choice, he wasn't banking on someone challenging him for the scepter, given he had been the next in line all along. Once he'd been challenged the only outcome was Trial by Stone, otherwise he was forfeiting to SkekUng

Oh, that makes sense.

Because it was time to make... his move.

He was definitely meant to be physically strong, he was taller and broader than SkekSil and given he's the general of their army you can assume he was meant to be a beefcake. The General was very similar to him, except dumber and more gullible. SkekUng saw through any of SkekSil's bullshit.

Hold up, he also did SkekUng the Garthim Master

Attached: skekung__the_garthim_master_by_bmacsmith_d8bbccx-fullview.jpg (1024x669, 58K)

This. At last a show that is just trying to be a show.

I'd fuck a gelfling

Attached: the-dark-crystal-brea-1545059669606_1280w.jpg (1280x854, 114K)

>pol thinks jews have magic powers that become immortal through sacrificing people
I forget how funny you guys are

Coming this fall on Fox Kids

Attached: dbz9j5s-e3f98ea9-803c-4412-94c9-d5cca77df3f1.jpg (768x1024, 120K)

UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-130948_YouTube Vanced.jpg (1876x850, 568K)

Would have gotten away with it too, if not for MEDDLESOME GELFING

I need a bigger version. Looks awesome.

Doesn't Mariner literally use a giant sea monster as a living ship? That's fucking based and kino.

Who voice acted this one? I can find the others but not his. His was as good as Peggs.

Neil Sterenberg, who was also his puppeteer.

Why don't all the skeksis imprison all the mystics and keep them in padded cells occasionally force-feeding them essence so the mystics can never die/suicide?

How can garthim exterminate all the gelflings and their populations, and then fail to kill only fucking two in the movie? Yeah, doesn't make sense does it.

Because P L O T

what's easier to find on a map, an ocean or a puddle?

Muh plot armour.

The movie doesn't actually say all Gelfling were gone, there were probably a fair amount in hiding.

Once they genocide the gelflings they’ll lose a lot of the infrastructure that allowed them to keep track of them in the first place.

Good job channeling your inner Chamberlain user.

Mystics are good at being away from their problems. Also they're quite capable - they can sing garthim away. Not sure why they didn't help the gelfling.

Mystics are lazy

Because Jen and Kira are literally the chosen ones? The strings of prophecy guarantee their success. The unification is inevitable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CALAMITY AAAAAAAAAA

TOO BUSY SMOKING WEED

>I hope if they ever do remake the movie they have a better reason for why Chamberlain would agree to trial by stone it makes him look like a dumbass
Like when he duels the General in the show?

Man, fuck prophecy. Who even made the prophecy? What makes it something that'll happen? Oooh shit, I prophecy that I'll get a fat $1,000,000 to me sometime this year. Can't wait for that to happen. Dog shit, fuck gelfling

Best Mudra, best clan

The Mystics wouldn't/couldn't anyway. The Archer was an unusual specimen much as the Hunter was an unusual Skeksis.

Best way to explain the difference is to have the ones seen in the movie be like old broken down jalopies compared to the shiny new machines we'll get in season 2. Have it obvious that they weren't well maintained and grew weaker, just like their masters.

Also because they didn't know two Gelfling were still alive. They thought there were none left.

Lads I watched the film the other day and while it has lots of detail and charm the series just blows it out of the water. I'm sure Jim Henson would be proud.

Chamberlain honestly should have just kept General around to be bros and he might have helped him become Emperor in the movie

Kino delivery.

Attached: wojak sunset.jpg (653x490, 95K)

UNTIL LAST STAR IN SKY GOES DARK

Sequel where gelfling genocide all the UrSkeks when? Those fuckers can't get away with their crimes.

Only because all the gelfling are unwatchably dull. Podlings are alright.

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer how much nicer the General became around Chamberlain as soon as Chamberlain gave him that essence in "good faith." If only the Skeksil could just be nice to each other...

>this delusional bird legit wanted to live for 100 quintillion years
Fucking why

All hail SkekBaelish

Not only pure puppetry but unapologetic immersion in a total otherness.

>um, hi user! It’s me, Deet!

Attached: 95CBEF16-48D3-48EE-B7E0-CD63BE20F767.gif (268x180, 1.56M)

Funny you insisted on bringing it up but yes there is this thing that won't die about using blood and human tissue in medicine and anti-aging treatments, and yes They are consistently accused of messing with exactly that multiple times.

But his seat

I don't think he was interested in actually hearing your spiel, dummy.

Hi moeblob
Why are you so inferior to Brea?

Skeksis are immortal and so is /hmm/

>Season 2
>ten drawn out episodes of gelfling fucking around doing lame shit, lots of hugging
>interspersed with actually interesting and fun skeksis castle shenanigans

I can't wait to see these faggots get DRAINED. Drained off their eeeesssseeeenceeee.