What

What.

Attached: screen-shot-2019-07-30-at-8-24-29-am-1564489875.png (480x479, 291K)

Muh beans

What. did he mean by this

>expect creepy, atmospheric slow burn lovecraftian horror
>get quirky comedy pretentious art film

BASED

based

Why wasn't this at the venice festival?

WHAT.

Attached: 66432964_427681768077525_438538563471015936_n.jpg (454x520, 32K)

It was in Cannes.

its a bone warming fast burn

hmm interesting

Venice only takes world premieres. Also the film was blocked by TIFF, that's why it wasn't in Karlovy Vary for example.

Venice is commercial garbage. The competition is sad. Even Cannes isn't good as it used to be, but it still holds a standard.

I kind of agree. In the past few years the competition has become more commercial and it serves as a Oscar launch pad. Downsizing and shit like this in competition but Cannes also has some shit like this. Still i think competition in Venice is fine, it's not horrid or anything although you can see they want those American Oscar films. On the other hand i have to respect the festival for not giving a fuck and putting Polanski in competition.

Why wouldn't they put Polanski?

actually lolled

muh politics

Because of politics. It's nice that they don't succumb to pressure from American journalists.

what are the odds that they rebranded it as a comedy because the lovecraftian "madness" was so ridiculous it was hilarious

Attached: B473D3A7-2AAB-488A-939C-6167A3A35E77.jpg (300x193, 22K)

It was described as a comedy from the beginning. The film has a running joke about farts. Most reviews from Cannes said that it's surprisingly funny.

>muh politics
of course the pedos on Yea Forums would say this

>Everyone says that it's a comedy movie
>Why are they marketing it as a comedy?
brainlet

Art and artist should be separated to a certain degree and it pissed of American journalists so that's a big plus.

ahem

hark

Unironically artistic merit trumps any horrible thing the creators did

mate he's a fucking pedo who's still on the run from justice, of course he shouldn't be let back in

I wouldn't care if he was making movies from prison but he never owned up to what he did

It's a broken system, i do agree that he should be in prison. He is not tho and as long as he is making films he should be allowed to present them at film festivals. Also he is going to die soon.

I just think it's totally unforgivable, there's been absolutely no atonement or anything for it. He can still make films because of his name and people are still desperate to "make it", he should be cut off from it. Just don't think he should be given any scope

That's another problem, i do agree with you that he should be in jail. But he is not and he won't be and as long as he is making them, he should be able to play them. He is not the only person involved in making them.

polanski did nothing wrong :)

How would you feel if he'd murdered the girl and got away with it? Maybe you're just not as outraged by it as I am tbf, he literally drugged and raped a 13 year he'd been grooming, it wasn't a soft "oh had sex with a 16 year old whose age I didn't bother asking for wahey"
>He is not the only person involved in making them.
that's my point, dry up his chances at film festivals and people stop working with him. Imagine the desperate people on those productions who know what he's done but are so fame obsessed that they work with him anyway
>But he is not and he won't be and as long as he is making them, he should be able to play them.
that's the thing I don't think he should be able. If he'd served like a ten year jail sentence maybe but nah
Didn't he admit to it?

>atmospheric slow burn lovecraftian horror
Jesus shut the fuck up

Yes he admitted it but his victim also forgave him a while ago.
I don't really think that rejecting him from festivals would stop people from working with him, you would have to stop his financing. That won't happen. This is a problem that won't be solved, J'Accuse was pretty high budget and they know that no American distributor won't pick it up.

he admitted to having sexual intercourse with a 13 year old. he was charged with pic related

Attached: file.png (906x320, 40K)

DOODLE LET ME GO

Attached: summoning dat assblasted shizo ITT.jpg (614x680, 40K)

is there a rip available anywhere yet?

No, check back next year.

I mean ill see it in theaters I just have a problem with patience

So is this really garbage or what? I figured it was since the critics loved it. No way they would drool that much over a straight-up horror film unless there was some other retarded nonsense going on with it.

It’s a black comedy

Felonies are a crime against society not just the victim.

same haha

More like a black and white comedy lol

based

lol