I am halfway through season two and tony seems like more of an asshole every episode. Was he always like this...

I am halfway through season two and tony seems like more of an asshole every episode. Was he always like this, or has he been changing as time passes?

Attached: Tonysoprano.jpg (374x373, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbbcrD9CsmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Got to like episode 6 and got bored. It's just Tony getting cucked by the mafia fucking daily and crying about it to his weird shrink

If anything he becomes more of an asshole, you’re just hopefully sympathetic to him because you’ll know this thought process and his problems.

SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL INNOCENT ANIMAL

You'll make your mind up about Tony by the season finale. It's a masterpiece and the most entertaining episode in the series.

Season 2 is shit and that's where I dropped it, about 2/3rds of the way through S2

tony is the manifestation of a proto-millenial soiboi

He is the least assholish of the main cast, besides maybe AJ and Bobby

Watch it Chrissie

Tony is a fucking mutt but he has some funny lines and that's why there is a shitload of other funny characters to choose from

S2 has the best villain, Ritchie. You were unfortunately filtered

tony is the worst character of sopranos
(not in worst as a bad written character, but as in worst as the most evil guy)

What makes tony any different than his mother?

this

lol ok

He wouldn't have his mom's killed

You need to rewatch. Bobby is a saint and the only good person on the show.

Also, Ralph did nothing wrong. She was a whowah

His mother is worse. Vito also has no redeeming characteristics.

This, I don't even think Bobby killed anyone, or did he? He just wanted to fuck with trains

He killed one dude. There was a whole spiel about it.

It's not, and it isn't.

Attached: cringe poster.png (636x720, 345K)

>Vito
depends how you feel about ass-munchers

Guy isn't even Italian, he's Jewish.

Attached: the j-.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

Attached: 49EE341D-0779-4108-B026-C25523C9882D.jpg (1536x2048, 629K)

Bobby is a killer. Charmaine is the only good person on the show, maybe Artie too.

All soldiers are killers, and they sign up for a paycheck. That doesn't make him a bad person. The guy was a junkie scumbag.

Artie was almost OK, but he was always trying to fuck around on his wife.

*Adriana

I don't get this shit in this day and age. Why go through the bullshit of changing discs and skipping scenes etc loading screens when you can just have a bunch of files of equal quality in one folder to play that fit in your pocket? Hell, today's storage, the entire 6 seasons in bluray can fit in your bellybutton.

That does make him a bad person. Makes you on the way to being one too if you are unable to see it. No evidence the guy was a junkie, and it would make no difference if he was.

Attached: beacon.gif (599x328, 576K)

this
i always felt bad for bobby

Tony is great until they change his personality in the last 1-2 seasons, making him a total asshole with no morality.

Plebeians filtered

Attached: 1560188962737.jpg (1512x1135, 188K)

So are soldiers bad people? Also were told he's a junkie. And a Canadian which further reduces his value.

If seal team six aren't evil than Bobby dindu nuffin.

Wrong

According to Chase "he's always been how he was from season 1 to season 6". He may think that, but that's not how Tony gets portrayed. He gets more sympathetic things earlier on and fewer and fewer until none in the last two seasons. Maybe they got tired of showing his nice moments but still expect us to think he does them when we don't get to see it.

I just finished the hunt of interior decorator episode, I laughed like a retard.

>Was he always like this
ITSH A VERY DIFFACUL SITCHUASHION!

Pine Barrens. One of my favorite episodes

He's not even as bad as the likes of Paulie.

Depressed people often come across as assholes.

If you were artie, would you have acted differently?

Attached: Artie_Bucco.png (1357x1065, 1.56M)

>Bobby is a killer.
He only killed a French Canadian

Does tony love his family?

Yes

Then why doesn't he show it more?

My take is that they're all assholes but sometimes they lie to themselves and pretend they're not, because that's how people are, mafiafags or not

He believes he does. He's fucked up. I don't know what the psych terms for it are, but my family has the same dynamics and personality types. My dad was a Tony, one sister was a Janice, my grandmother was PURE Livia. It's called being Italian.

Huh? He has a pretty good relationship with his daughter and splurged for her education. He was good to AJ, the kid was just a fuck up (though he appeared to have some hope at the very end). Tony fucked around a lot, but was still fully committed to Carm.

What was his fucking problem

I genuinely don't know. I would have shot tony in season 1

On the word of a literal schizo?

Tony loves Meadow unconditionally, but he has a difficult relationship with AJ once AJ starts being depressed.

Tony's torn between actually admitting in public that AJ inherited it from him and there's nothing either of them can do about it (to Melfi in private: "This rotten fucking putrid gene. That's my gift to my son.") or putting the brave patriarchal Italian face on, pretending he doesn't understand and telling AJ to go to a strip club instead.

Tony's completely natural, from the heart sobbing of "it's okay baby" as he saves AJ from suicide tells us everything. Tony's mask of delusion in that moment has been exposed and he completely understands.

In the first four seasons he's a manipulative and hypocritical cunt but with enough redeeming moments to be sympathetic. Or at least it's easier take his side in a good deal of conflicts (Livia, Junior, Janice, Ralphie).

In the last two seasons he's just flat out terrible.

Tony doesnt get worse. He doesn't get better either. The conceit of the show is that people don't change - they are who they are. You can never alter what a person is, fundamentally. Tony simply is a sociopath. He always was, and always will be. It's just who Tony is.

>Believes anything he is told
>Watches too many movies and thinks gangsters are 'soldiers' coz the characters said so hurrr

Attached: Reeding.jpg (400x581, 42K)

He isn't a fucking sociopath

>Disregard for right and wrong
check
>Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
check
>Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
check
>Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
check
>Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
check
>Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
check
>Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
check
>Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
check
>Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
check
>Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
check
>Poor or abusive relationships
check
>Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
check

you sure about that?

>Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
Actual retard
And the rest is common in society as a whole. Doesn't make him a sociopath

Female borderline personality vs alpha male sociopathic tendencies

>>And the rest is common in society as a whole
>implying society is not full of sociopaths
are YOU retarded?

Attached: original3_t1.jpg (555x507, 139K)

>french canadian
>human
Durham should have wiped out you fucks

Society is not full of sociopaths. There have been multiple studies on this.
Roughly 5% of the american populace are considered sociopaths
He conforms to even less of these

>He conforms to even less of these

He hits most of them.

No

Were the mobsters in Sopranos forcibly drafted to join the mafia? If you sign up to kill people for easy money then you are a fucking bad person.

did you even watch the show? lmao

Did you even watch and understand the show?

Melfi literally stuffed it down your throat and you are still in denial about it. Crying about animals and children (especially your own) doesn't require actual empathy, which is why the "good characteristics" of Tony are always shown in aforementioned context.

Yes, you actual retards. Now go rewatch it.

you shouldnt be allowed to watch tv

America hasn't had a draft in decades. Soldiers kill for money.

Same to you faglad
He shows actual, genuine, affection multiple times in the show.
He is not faking anger when Ralph's beats up the whore.

Theres a few scenes where he has empathy towards others that aren't his children like that one cop he managed to get fired.

>try to watch it because Yea Forums shills it daily
>it's just a gangster slice of life show
dropped it after the 3rd episode. Why even bother investing your time into watching a bunch of degenerate characters who have no likability whatsoever?

That's my point, genius. They are bad people.

It's not about gangsters being special. I'm pointing out that soldiers kill for money. Therefore, unless that makes all soldiers evil, you can't call someone evil simply because they killed someone without adding additional stipulations.

American society and every major religion would allow you to kill someone under lots of circumstances without considering you evil.

It's gone for your to believe that, and as long as you acknowledge that soldiers are equally evil your views are consistent.

However, you now have to acknowledge that your views represent an extreme philosophical minority and can't be surprised others don't agree with you.

Quasimodo predicted this.

Tony's relationship with Meadow can easily be seen as a proxy for his narcissism and competitiveness and craving for status.

She excels at school, and is somewhat streetwise, and he can point to her as evidence he is not a 'toxic person' because he raised her, and he could not be an evil person if his daughter is an upstanding citizen.

And sending her to the finest schools no matter what the cost reflects on him as a wealthy person of power, and helps his aspirations of climbing out of the working/middle class roots he comes from.

Irony of it all being we see Tony and Carmella have set both kids on the path to corruption by the end of the final episode, with Meadow going into law instead of medicine because of all the 'injustices' she has witnessed growing up.
Aj has turned his life around and grown up a bit and made a plan to join the military and forge a life for himself, but they corrupt that and wrap him in cotton wool again with a club for him to run that they pay for.

Derpession is not necessarily hereditary like a disease, and cannot be attributed to his father.

>discusses murder on the phone

Attached: 28D524DC-607E-4A8C-A39D-6A7593B7A243.jpg (220x254, 17K)

But he doesn't help the cop. Like a cat toying with a mouse, he considers letting someone escape his clutches, and doesn't.

He asks the police chief to promote him but the chief declines

This a child's viewpoint. Soldiers get paid whether they kill or not, and do not get paid for killings.

Soldiers kill for ideology, and are able to refuse an order to kill if it violates moral codes of conduct beyond what an ordinary group of people would consider to be 'right'.

There are certainly soldiers who are murderers and enjoy killing, but it does not make all soldiers murderers. Murder is not the same as killing.

Tony also ends up helping his dads gommar for nothing in return I see that tony being a scoiopath is very likely but he does have moments where he cares for others.

No he doesn't. Do you really have that little awareness of the world around you?

He will do whatever Tony tells him to do. This is the same guy Tony beat with a belt like a child.

The politician is merely placating him by reinforcing Tony with anecdotal evidence which may or may not be true, 'bitch deserved it anyway' type thing.

any favorite scenes lads?
mine
>tony beats and curbstomps the ny guy who disrispected his daughter
>aj tries to stab junior
>johny sack manipulating paulie
>tony and his crew making jokes about ginny right before johny walks in
>junior schooling the chink at the mental hospital
>johny paulie and silvio executing pussy

lol go fuck yourself. He asks the police chief to reinstate him and he shoots him down.
Tony even tries to give him some money but he refuses
That is pure fucking empathy and guilt for getting the dude demoted

>johny paulie and silvio executing pussy
easily my favorite episode in the whole show. The entire dream sequence where Tony realises he's flipped is top tier kino

I think Chase did this because Tony was turning into some likeable character that boomers watched to hear his hot takes on the modern world. Not as the sociopath and hypocrite he was meant to be.

Why did tony care so much about Artie? If hes a sociopath as well he let a bunch of shit slide with Artie that would have gotten even his cappos killed.

Normies always misunderstand anti-heroes because they identify with their shitty qualities

Furio and Tony intimidating the surgeon into answering Junior's calls. Love the way Furio says
>Stupid fucking game
>You gotta bee on your hat

You ain’t seen nothing yet

He treats AJ like shit most of the time

The kid got himself expelled.
Most parents would be put into a frenzy because of that

Why did Tony burn down Artie's prized restaurant because it was convenient? Why did he let Artie fall pray to the French conman when he could have stopped it? He even intervenes to set him back on course when Janice is telling him she didn't like Armagnac so he wouldn't get cold feet. He leaves him to be preyed upon by Benny, and to top it off he barely hesitates for a second when considering trying to fuck Charmaine and even gives her a bunch of silent calls at one stage.

To Tony, Artie represents his humanity and that he is not a 'toxic person' who no one can be friends with, as in when Carmella mocks him and says he has no friends only flunkies.

>superficial charm
>parasitic lifestyle
>grandiose sense of self worth

He ripped Artie off for his tab.

Also, back in '04 most people hadn't rewatched multiple times and tried to analyze the characters yet

>discs
>loading screens
That guy pic are VHS tapes zoomer

because hes not half a fag

Yes he slowly gets worse although has times of calming

No
Ralphie stomps a whores head in for insulting him. At least with tony its business

Download takes to long for my shitty internet

>beats councilman zel(((man))) for fucking some whore ruski goomah he broke off with
just business haha,not like they didnt have the quarter of a million dollar job that involved him and new york
use your head

Ritchie was a punk. Best villain was Phil.

She was just a WHOAH!

I think years of seeing these mob guys living the high life seemingly without working hard made him go kind of nuts

He owed money

Tony had fucked his wife, and his wife probably is still more attracted to Tony than Artie

You could take the money spent on expensive media and spend it on better internet genius.

Sociopaths are not incapable of empathy. They are just selective about and can compartmentalise very easily. Tony shows clear sociopathic behaviour, just think of how he acted with the guy who owns the sports store. He’s his friend until he sees he can make money off him then he instantly turns on him and squeezes him for every penny

Tony is a Chad and even made a qt ruskie fall madly in love with him. Artie needs to face reality.

Was Tony really trying to scam Artie with the armagnac loan?

I don't think they were actual friends and that dude was a pathetic piece of shit. But I get your point.

how much money?

Thats not my pic and anyway I have the best in my area its still shit retard

I dunno

He's jacket

But even then Chase and the writers cop out on culpability for Tony about this, because he was magically asleep when the scat racked up all the debt. So it totally wasn't his fault.

He gave him points on the loan.

Yeah, he intervenes shiftily and distracts Artie when Janice starts to talk about how rough Armagnac is, and that she didn't like it so Artie wouldn't get cold feet.

Never got that scene personally, she must be talking about some cheap variant she had, because Armagnac is fairly premium in the stores I usually see it in, and is not rotgut tier.
They serve it in fine dining restaurants.

He playa a good italian. I know , its weird that actors get paid to ..... act.

Did you have some sort of point you were attempting to make? All I stated was that he wasn't Italian but Jewish.

It's like knowing James Caan isn't Italian.

Maybe Tony took advantage of the situation once Artie owed him money, but I don't think he had some master plan to get out of paying his bar tab from the beginning.

Paulie's face during that is probably my favorite moment in the show

>muh ducks

Fuck that bald prick

Do you believe in God? No? Then nobody can be considered good or bad. fuck you modern day moralist based on nothing at all.

I don't believe in you either, but that doesn't change codes of ethics or rule of law. Go Christian larp in some other thread boomie.

You don't realize what the average man is capable of. I hate faggots like you because you turn sociopath into meaning immoral person. Sociopaths are kind of retarded in the way they can't connect with people. They literally don't have empathy at all. Tony is a pretty normal guy.

>here is your sociopath and his name is MAN said the judge

Yeah, everyone cuts their former friend's head off in a bathtub now and then.

I'm no christian. You're just a ducked dogmatist. There's nothing more onions than
>I follow THE RULE OF LAW and my own personal code of ethics with no objective basis besides muh feelings

Ralph was a coworker more than a friend, and best friend? Ha.
Would you not physically be able to do the same if put in the right situation? Would you have a mental break? Maybe you're just a weak person. If someone took something of incredible value from you would you just whine on reddit?

>edgy contrarian is edgy and contrarian on Yea Forums.

ouuu

Attached: 1567996102723.jpg (186x160, 8K)

I think he gets worse as he gets more powerful. If you want a character study driven tv show watch Mad Men, as it was made for the same audience.

He was like that from the pilot.

He had it coming for the longest of time.

S2 is fucking great. Why don't you go fuck yourself, you fucking prick before I knock your teeth out?

He's not the best villain, though watching Tony disrespect the shit out of him was fucking hilarious.
youtube.com/watch?v=XbbcrD9CsmM

You know anti social personality disorders are spread on a spectrum right? So you say he's not a sociopath because he's not some stereotypical, dull eyed "heh nothin personnel" type of character that the media perpetuates. But he really is if you think about it.

I'd definitely wouldn't cut my Friends head off.

he's a mob boss, he has to be strong. he does all the bad shit he does for his family

I cant stand italian americans so i can watch this show.

Even Melfi and Elliot say he's a sociopath, all of the mobsters are.

Based

>kills without remorse
What kind of mental gymnastics did you have to pull your brain through in order to reach this conclusion. The average person CANNOT kill anyone without at least feeling the slightest bit of remorse or guilt, the fact that Tony has killed coutless times and not only doesn't consider that henious in itself, but attempts to JUSTIFY it (his speech about being a soldier bla bla bla) only proves that he is a sociopath

It was Nostradamus, you stupid fuck.

He also loved killing some, especially that rat in the first season while he was taking Meadow with him on a trip.

Except he does, he tells Meadow and AJ that he loves them multiple times throughout the show and both of them know that, just that Carm was left hanging there and that was what led to their divorce. She was the only one he didn't show that much affection for outside of few exceptions.

That is because she is a bitch

He had remorse after killing pussy and that dude in season 1 he didn't kill because of melfi.
Convincing yourself that the people you killed is completely justified is a common coping practice

She's not a bitch, but she was partly to blame for how things ended up being. Like Tony said to his old friend with that Scorpion analogy, the same applies to their marriage. She knew who he was, she knew what background he came from, she knew about his business but decided to feign ignorance and deluded herself about how it'd be different. That's why she copes with being Christian, but eventually gets fed up with it and can't take it anymore so she finally tells Tony to go fuck himself and that she wants a divorce. It's not a black and white situation, but she's definitely not a bitch in this particular situation. Tony should have just shown her a bit more love, and she would stay, after all she said it herself.

Why is Gloria's voice as the wie in the coma dream?

Exceptions confirm the rule.

Would you feel guilt for killing what you consider subhuman?

>YOU SAID YOU WERE GONNA TAKE CARE OF THAT FUCKIN' FINOIK!

Attached: PLS.jpg (410x410, 118K)

HNNG!

Attached: M-L.jpg (1920x1080, 696K)

mommy

Attached: 1562660183577.jpg (764x512, 200K)

HNNG! FUCK!

Attached: ALC.png (786x500, 610K)

TWENTIE FUKEEEN YEARS

>I guess the turd doesn't fall far from the faggot's ass.

Wait until he kills Chrissy

He didnt, he was just holding the blood inside his body

love this show that
ah fungoool
what happened to the strong silent type
Gary Cooper huh?

He died

She is his wife...and AJ and Meadow his kids, you will never love your wife like you do your kids