Why didn’t the Dwarves do anything in Lord of the Rings?

Why didn’t the Dwarves do anything in Lord of the Rings?

Attached: 165CD136-7D99-45EE-9C6F-0AA78FA0258D.png (681x593, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Useless manlets

They held the northern front at Erebor.

Reminder that Feanor did nothing wrong.

why are dwarves/dwarfes so underpowered in LoTR
>Warhammer they're super advanced mountain gods that hold off legions of demons
>Warcraft they're super advanced mountain gods that hold off legions of orcs
>Elder Scrolls they're super advanced mountain gods that delete themselves from existence upon discovering CHIM

because they are jews in LotR and Tolkien tells them that obsessing over gold will lead to demise

It's dwarwes, dumbass

This. Literally protected Rohan, Rivendell, and the Shire from total destruction.

>protected the shire
user, I...

because they are not Eru Iluvatar's creation but only a grotesque caricature of a lifeform created by a lesser god to which the Father mercifully gifted life

>Elder scrolls

Tolkien portrayed manlets realistically, unlike those other ones.

They stymied another one of Sauron's armies from sweeping south and murdering everything in their path. The Shire was brought down just by Sauruman's jewery.

Retard. If the orc armies had won at arbor they would have moved west through Eriador and eventually reached the shore and the grey havens.

Aule got ahead of himself and made the dwarves before even Eru was done with the First Born(Elves). He also made them in secret from the other Valar and were cursed by Yavanna with desire for material and disdain for her creations. Dwarves are pretty hardy and loyal despite all of this though.

I'm currently reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Does it get better after the Bombadil chapter?

>and were cursed by Yavanna with desire for material and disdain for her creations.
Source?

They did, offscreen.

Silmarillion: Of Aule and Yavanna

yeah

Tolkien just couldn't stop himself from putting in that goofy elder god fucker but the rest of the story is normal.

Yeah slowest part of the book for me. Shit gets good pretty much as soon as they get to Bree imo.

is there a version with orc who looks on ancient Avari elf as an ancestor?

There was a ton of shit going on at Erebor, wish Tolkien had shown some of it.

Attached: the_king_under_the_mountain_by_ozakuya-d930325.jpg (825x1164, 1.08M)

Yavanna did not curse the Dwarves, in that exchange with Aule she is saying that since he didn't consult with her and made the Dwarves entirely in his own image, she fully expects that they will not give a fuck about the things in nature.

She didn't really curse them she was just pointing out that because he made them in secret without consulting her, his creation and her creations were not going to be able to mesh well together therefore conflict between them was inevitable

Why would she curse the Dwarves into making them destroyers of the creatures she loves? The suggestion is kinda absurd.

They are a fallen race.

Tolkien describes battles with such brevity that it wouldn’t have even mattered imo

Ah, thanks
>Yet because thou hiddest this thought from me until its achievement, thy children will have little love for the things of my love. They will love first the things made by their own hands, as doth their father. They will delve in the earth, and the things that grow and live upon the earth they will not heed. Many a tree shall feel the bite of their iron without pity.

They did a lot more shit in the Silmarillion, like plundering Doriath for a Silmaril and driving back Glaurung during the Battle of Unnumbered Tears. Dwarves other than Gimli either live elsewhere or are dead in the LotR series.

I love how she gets so butthurt over this that she asks daddy Illuvatar if she can make the Ents. And then Aule doesn't give a shit and says "still, they will have need of wood."

Part of me is glad we will never see king Dain and king Brand defend their lands and die a heroes death side by side. That heroic image would only be ruined by the shit fest of CGI and legolas tier antics.

But by God do I want it

>kikes doing anything when they can get shabbos goy to do it

Why are you here?

He's on a mission to redpill us mellon

Obsessed tranny

Attached: 5ECA7E02-9462-4378-9A2B-19045FD7EC6B.jpg (828x1426, 522K)

maybe she wanted them to stay the fuck away

Again, that's not a curse being cast on the Dwarves, she is having an argument with her husband.

Exactly, she's just stating their natural inclination since she didn't have any influence on their creation.

>muh midgets xD
>muh ebin long beard and mustache xD
>muh mug of ale xD
>muh broadaxe and runes! xD
>muh live underground and in mountains xD
>muh women look like men xD
Dwarves are the single worst race in fantasy. Absolutely worthless, useless, selfish, boring bunch of faggots.

>At the same time as the great armies besieged Minas Tirith a host of the allies of Sauron that had long threatened the borders of King Brand crossed the River Carnen, and Brand was driven back to Dale. There he had the aid of the Dwarves of Erebor; and there was a great battle at the Mountain’s feet. It lasted three days, but in the end both King Brand and King Dáin Ironfoot were slain, and the Easterlings had the victory. But they could not take the Gate, and many, both Dwarves and Men, took refuge in Erebor, and there withstood a siege. When news came of the great victories in the South, then Sauron’s northern army was filled with dismay; and the besieged came forth and routed them, and the remnant fled into the East and troubled Dale no more. Then Bard II, Brand’s son, became King in Dale, and Thorin III Stonehelm, Dáin’s son, became King under the Mountain. They sent their ambassadors to the crowning of King Elessar; and their realms remained ever after, as long as they lasted, in friendship with Gondor; and they were under the crown and protection of the King of the West.

this

They are the best race

I miss happy endings.

They're not, but they were always a race doomed to fade away because they weren't the children of illuvitar.
There are seven dwarven houses from the seven fathers of the dwarves of which the books only really deal with Durin's line, the long beards.
They were without a homeland or a king after erebor was lost. Before that they had engaged in a long bloody war cleaning goblins and orcs west of the misty mountains.

>>Elder Scrolls they're super advanced mountain gods that delete themselves from existence upon discovering CHIM

hello cuckbride

where does one read this

i dont remember reading this in LOTR
where can i read about badass erebor battles

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dale

Looks like it's mentioned in return of the king appendices and unfinished tales

Return of the King appendices. Lots of good shit in there, like elaboration on Aragorn and Arwen's relationship that is ignored in the books.

thank you my friends

They needed to be badass in warhammer to sell armies.
Warcraft is literally a ripoff of warhammer with minimal changes to avoid lawsuits.
In Elder Scrolls they're literally just elves who lived underground.

Last of all the eastern force to stand firm were the Dwarves of Belegost, and thus they won renown. For the Naugrim withstood fire more hardily than either Elves or Men, and it was their custom moreover to wear great masks in battle hideous to look upon; and those stood them in good stead against the dragons. And but for them Glaurung and his brood would have withered all that was left of the Noldor. But the Naugrim made a circle about him when he assailed them, and even his mighty armour was not full proof against the blows of their great axes; and when in his rage Glaurung turned and struck down Azaghâl, Lord of Belegost, and crawled over him, with his last stroke Azaghâl drove a knife into his belly, and so wounded him that he fled the field, and the beasts of Angband in dismay followed after him. Then the Dwarves raised up the body of Azaghâl and bore it away; and with slow steps they walked behind singing a dirge in deep voices, as it were a funeral pomp in their country, and gave no heed more to their foes; and none dared to stay them.

Attached: glaurung-during-the-nirnaeth.jpg (680x514, 94K)