What Waititi thinks is shockingly audacious is in fact frustratingly timid...

>What Waititi thinks is shockingly audacious is in fact frustratingly timid, he opts for a gentle prod when maybe a punch would do.

Attached: jojort.jpg (748x329, 64K)

>WHY CAN'T THIS SATIRICAL COMEDY JUST BE WAITITI LITERALLY PUNCHING LITERAL FUCKING NAZIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Has he made accidental kino?

He peaked with what we do in the shadows

Nah not kino, I’m sure it’ll be a fun movie though

>its a 'reviewer mistakes director for director's character in the film' episode
But for real though Ragnarok was a neat little jaunt but not funny or risky at all. It didnt need to be, though

>Slant review - 0/5 stars
>Taika Waititi’s Jojo Rabbit is the work of a free man. A man, that is, with all the short-term independence that Marvel money and Hollywood blockbuster street cred can buy. This spectacularly wrongheaded “anti-hate satire” (as per the how-the-hell-do-we-market-this-thing ad campaign) is the feature-length equivalent of the “Springtime for Hitler” number from Mel Brooks’s The Producers, sans context and self-awareness. It takes place in a goofball period la-la land of its own creation, with sets as minutely detailed and shots as precisely composed as those in a Wes Anderson fantasia. Indeed, Jojo Rabbit suggests what that dapper hipster auteur might generate if he was to remake Elem Klimov’s hallucinatory, horrifying World War II epic Come and See, and that’s not a compliment.
Top fucking kek

>NOOOOOOO WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DISEMBOWEL THE SMALL NAZI CHILDREM

what does this mean

He's an sjw hack. Plays up his Jewish heritage in Hollywood but won't dare mention it in NZ.
His schtick is boring and predictable. Forever playing the victim and forever telling whitey how racist they are.

OY VEY!

And here I thought only Grace was this retarded

Indeed, Jojo Rabbit suggests what that dapper hipster auteur might generate if he was to remake Elem Klimov’s hallucinatory, horrifying World War II epic Come and See, and that’s not a compliment.
Now I have to see it.

Attached: alongcameBiali.png (1502x997, 1.09M)

This. I already know how the next Thor movie will go. Hyper competent Jane, bumbling fool Thor for Jane to roll her eyes at

>it won't be completely meaningless reddit buzzword
sure it will

I HIGHLY doubt anyone at Slant has ever seen Come and See

At least it doesn’t have the dreaded green booger
Looks like Disney called their critics and told them to pump this flick up

I think he's saying that Taika is too privileged and 'free' to make a respectable Hitler/WWII movie. I think.

What's wrong about Come and See?

It's got 22 reviews. There's no way it won't end up rotten

>It’s the first hipster Nazi comedy… like a Wes Anderson movie set during the Third Reich.

Fucking LOL.

In New Zealand we aren't allowed to critique him or his product. At all. Doing so is highly problematic and see you accused of racism. By Taika Cohen himself.

I honestly can't stand the cunt. Rhys Darby is still worse

Thank you god. Just like Whedon another PC mcu faggot exposed. All these next-Nolan capeshit directors almost always fail to live up to the hype.

>Half Jew/Maori
How does this even happen m8

exposed how

Exposed as being a mediocre hack. People always say "wow these mcu directors deliver such amazing movies imagine what their original films would look like with more money from our capeflicks".

There's no full blooded Maori left. He's quarter Maori at absolute best

I notice it keeps getting compared to Moonrise Kingdom, so you know it's bad.

nigga, Waititi was popular before Thor

Surely it would've been funnier if Taiki got an 6'4 ripped Blond headed guy to play Hitler instead of himself, he looks really cheap in the role.

He was well known in niche circles and was only a big celeb in NZ. His biggest movie before the mcu grossed 23.4 million.

He was a decent director overhyped as the next big thing.

Remember seeing him host a New Zealand music awards a couple years ago. Every one of his jokes bombed. The audience were silent. He looked off his face though so I don't think he knew or cared. The tweens who were screaming for Lorde had no idea wtf this guy was on about. I actually cringed and felt sorry for him. I shouldn't have cared.

Except this guy has made some great films in the past.

No he had to do it because he's a Maori Jew! That will show Hitler that we aren't afraid of his 70 year old corpse !

Hunt for the Wilder people and Boy are both shit

Both are great I think.

>Except this guy has made some great films in the past

He made two 7/10 films, one borefest and another shit flick before Ragnarock which was also shit.

This. I saw boy when I heard he got the capeshit gig. Wanted to see what he was capable of. Turned it off at about 15 minute mark. Cheap humor. I suppose down under they think being lowbrow is ironic. I just didn't get it. I don't think anyone outside of his country does.

Exactly p, that’s all he is. He’s pathetic. I read him bleating in The Guardian about the woeful casting of Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie and he doesn’t even have the guts to admit his seething racism against white people, it’s the same old shit “The story is king, she wuz best! race doesn’t matter!”

At least it doesn’t have the dreaded green booger
Looks like Disney called their critics and told them to pump this flick up

they have no idea that the films are heavily studio influenced, to the point directors just need to be competent to make them work, not good.

>NO OUR PROPAGANDA SAID HITLER WAS THE WORST HUMAN TO EVER EXIST EVER YOU CAN'T MAKE LIGHT OF HIM AT ALL OR MAKE HIM LIKE AN ACTUAL PERSON INSTEAD OF JUST AN EVIL CARTOON BASTARD WITH EVERY BAD QUALITY THAT TURNS INTO A KICKING BAG

I wish these faggots would give it a rest, Hitler was just a sad painter who had to deal with a lot of hard shit and took it out on enemies of his country.

Attached: 1558269044960.jpg (768x1024, 73K)

Come and see is great. The reviewer is stating that if some hipster cunt remade come and see..it would be shit.

>get me that quirky director
Wes Anderson ?
>no no no the funny one
Ohhh janes Gunn?
>not that one! The one with no talent !
Sir, I’ll get Waiki taliki on the phone immediately

Literally one more negative review will make it rotten

You're retarded if you think James Gunn is better than Taika.

Get me the non union low cost Mexican version of Wes Anderson
> Señor Taco Uaxhotiti, I have Hollywood on the line for you

>Hitler was just a sad painter
He gave up painting at 8. He's as much a painter as you and I. He was a brainwashed scum who thought nothing of his country's ill doings and was convinced that everyone else was the enemy. He was adamant on being the "Aryan master race" but he himself looked nothing like his ideal race