So was he unironically a good teacher?

So was he unironically a good teacher?

Attached: 313AB37C-E9B1-4F54-84EA-22656C0EAB5F.jpg (928x523, 73K)

He was a terrible, albeit based teacher.

the point of the movie was that his methods were unorthodox but effective.

For the people that carried his view of perfection he was a great teacher, for the people that didn't carry his view of perfection he was extremely dangerous.

Attached: Joker-This.gif (300x186, 446K)

The movie doesn't condone his actions. But it absolutely agrees with his premise.

Obviously. Miles would never become that great if it was some softfag

>grr y u no play good
>aahh im being trigger attacked help me depresion pils

Are you upset?

no, i'm not a pussy like his retarded students. people have been playing instruments forever, it's their fault they can't figure it out.

I really don't understand what you are trying to convey here..?

No, the point was that he was a sick, egoistical fuck.

Unfortunately, yes. The whole military shtick does work IRL too.

You mean egotistical.

He had never trained a great musician before Miles and there's no indication that Miles is going to achieve his goals either. The only reason he's at the performance at the end us because Fletcher let him just to embarrass him.

lol why did the students out up with his excessive shit

like bruh you literally a teacher cos you could never make it in industry

That ending nod of approval was all that he had been seeking the whole movie.

No. A good teacher doesn't need to be psychotic to bring out the best in you. In fact it's quite the opposite. A good teacher inspires greatness by virtue.

The point is that he is looking for the exceptional, the end suggests he found it and it was through his methods.

The Film is sort of an anti- "there will be blood" because it suggests that personal struggle and pain might be worth it.

Yeah, thanks for correcting me.

Wrong, a truly great mentor knows exactly when to show what emotion and what to say to his or her guy.

people who are deep into music are all insufferable cunts, so at least it was accurate

>The point is that he is looking for the exceptional, the end suggests he found it and it was through his methods.

You can push students without pushing them to suicide. Who's to say that he didn't waste quite a lot of talents in his pursuit and that was the reason he didn't someone worthy?

Mind you I am not a musician but what they focused on here was speed, I am sure it takes more than that to be a great musician.

Not really. He culled the best of the best students from an already prestigious school and used their talent to further his reputation. We have no idea if his methods were effective or not

Lmao l have no idea and I don't care, I've never watched this shit and have no intentions of doing so. I have, on the other hand, watched and laughed with boundless glee at all the idiots who did though. Many chuckles I've had as they convulse with stupidity while they discussed yet another distraction from their miserable, meaningless lives.

Me? I not a fucking retard, trust me, you wouldn't understand.

Attached: 63a2b7c902b423a47813ddf15a4a606c--homer-simpson-movie-quotes.jpg (236x174, 13K)

Yes, but only to those who respond to that style of teaching. I recall reading somewhere that there are 4 basic teaching methods, and if the method and the student clicks, you get the best results from the student, else the student is going to struggle and/or get bored and not do well in the class. Unfortunately, public education tends to stick to one method of teaching at a time instead of having different methods for each class and putting the students in their most suited class, which is partly why so many suffer in schools despite having the potential to do well.

The best musicians are self taught

I've noticed it too
Why is this?

They're only effective in Hollywood pedo world. The best music profs are the ones who inspire you to push yourself for fear of disappointing them, not cause he'll fucking beat your ass.

The VARK learning styles don't really apply to musicians at that skill level.

Seriously dont try to find logical inconsistencies like that to criticize a movies plot or message. Like I said Its about a teacher trying to find that 1 among millions musician, he quite obviously doesnt care about all the good or mediocre ones he left to fail, in the end he succeeds.

Not quite my tempo