Why are we getting a superhero show in Star Trek of all franchises...

Why are we getting a superhero show in Star Trek of all franchises? Is this generation so obsessed with fame that every piece of media needs a flashy savior with a unique look and unique powers?

Attached: fat.jpg (777x437, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-Xo25ml78w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why does data look so weird?
is the actor face fucked up too?

Its not Data.

Tell Data to lay off the cheez balls.

He's like sixty now and hasn't played data in 20 years.

Are they going to go with the whole terminator genysis route to explain why data, a robot ages.

Attached: 1554143996261.jpg (756x664, 95K)

His face is obviously caked in make up to hide his age. He's also noticably more pudgy, as the filename alludes to.

Is this data in the Picard show?

Surely they're going to put him back together and ignore B4 or whatever his name was.

he aged himself in All Good Things, so there is already an excuse

kill yourself casual

he dyed his fucking hair.

Why not ass pull out some explanation like how Data has to ability to age himself up outwardly so it's less disconcernting for people who have known for decades to see him never age like normal people do? Or maybe have it be some byproduct of the human skin grafting the Borg did in FC? Ergo some handwave explanations so we don't have some uncanny CGI'd Spiner and money is saved and spent elsewhere?

What the fuck is this from

You know for a fact if Data was a new character that debuted in 2018 or 2019 there would be fucks on twitter saying how his milk white skin and the fact he's an android is conveying whites are soulless and this is some takedown of white supremacy, or, on the other side of the coin, people bitching about Data's brilliance + white skin is a shady attempt to reinforce white supremacy and that Roddenberry would be so ashamed if he could live to see this.

>Why are we getting a superhero show in Star Trek of all franchises?
A superhero show?

Yeah, watch the Picard trailer.

I don't know what kind of fucking milk youre drinking

It's a Firefly rip-off.

The stuff your mom's titties produce.

Don't mind him, O my brother, he's high as fuck

Attached: 229759_original.jpg (1200x900, 159K)

good luck getting anything out of a pile of ash

TRY

How did an android get fat?

Lose some goddamn weight you lazy prick.

>Why are we getting a superhero show in Star Trek from Alex Kurtzman, the exectuive producer of the show and Amazing Spider-man 2, arguably the worst capeshit movie ever made.
>Also writer of Transformers movies
>Also writer of Zack Snyder's Watchmen
>Also director of Tom Cruise's Mummy
>Also creator of STD

Attached: 400px-Alex_Kurtzman_(34027425083).jpg (400x599, 47K)

Spiner's in his 70's. Typical old man physique of skinny arms, a belly, some fat cheeks. How hard would it be for some elderly Jewish guy to lose weight?

I hoping to see some more next gen characters, instead it's a bunch of cucks, also 7 can fuck off.

I fucking hate the Abrams-Kurtzman-Orci trio.

Attached: co_anotherglass.jpg (620x373, 114K)

he also directed the reboot of the mummy, the guy is a complete fucking hack, and is just another JJ abrams plant, that cunt has tentacles in everything.

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem real when you viddy them on the screen.

Doesn't Abrams have as much pull as he does cause Spielberg basically annoited him his successor?

Attached: laugh rock.gif (190x200, 1.16M)

So they keep saying it's just season 1, implying there will be multiple seasons of the show. Think they'll reintroduce Sisko and even Dukat? They could have a small 2 or 3 episode detour from the main storyline in like season 2 or whatever to bring them back. It's been even longer since we've seen those two.

What

Yeah that and his wife, kicking off the metoo movement to take out the competition, he's the quintessential smarmy Hollywood Jewish producer. he'll have his hand in the comic book industry soon too, his son is producing the new spiderman comics.

it's going to be fucking poison, STD was so much fucking disaster, that they had to pull stuart out of retirement to prop up their streaming service.

Why can't they just create new characters that are likeable or relatable?
Why reuse elderly actors to play characters we've already seen retire/die?
I don't get it, even STD had to bring back Spock and Pike (a guy who was only in one two-parter and a pilot episode) when their new characters were hated for being badly written.

I guess the ultimate insult to these new hack writers is that Spock, Worf, and Data were more relatable to human beings than actual human characters in today's Star Trek.

Attached: briefing-room.jpg (700x530, 115K)

There were some sophistos from the tv studio right around the corner. The devotchka was smiling away, jollying and vigoreeting. Then suddenly, my friends, the disc on the stereo faded out. And in the short lapse before the other one started, she came in with a burst of singing.

Formerly data

Kurtzman, like Abrams, will fall back on nostalgia bait. And I'm guessing huge swaths of the TNG/DS9 crew are either dead or retired. I just randomly looked up the writer for In the Pale Moonlight when that thought occurred to me and lo and behold he died this year.

because hollywood is creatively bankrupt

How come it took them nearly 20 years to finally move the timeline post-Nemesis forward (excluding the small Romulus destruction plot point in 2009)?

>faggot brackets

Because no thought was given to what they'd do if the stars of their dead end alternate timeline got bored and quit.

Because deep down Star Trek is a fantasy vision for a future humanity and the longer you stretch out the timeline the stupider things get, regarding things like technological progression and technobabble being the answer to everything.

>implying Marc Alaimo will come back to ST
He obviously hated Ira Behr and I have no doubt he'd hate a hack like Kurtzman who'd just make Dukat into a le evil guy again because current year.

>Ira Behr
Don't know much about this behind the scenes stuff. Explain it to me? Brooks is also a bit reticient, no? He didn't appear in the DS9 documentary (havent seen it yet tho). Is that cause he also hates this Behr?

cos plebs only know star trek for spock and kirk so everything has to pander to that for mass market relatability

i genuinely thought STD was going to end with a time jump to the post dominion war with the first season acting as a bridge to continue the canon and the characters acting as audience surrogates to bring them up to speed on how things have changed. I mean they even said that when jumping between dimensions to be careful of holes in time. But no, of course they couldn't be that forward thinking. Instead we get the search for Spock, remember Spock? everyone knows Spock! and thus season 2 was more of the same with hokey reasons for why everything looks better than it will in 100 years because CGI has improved and no one has any integrity.

>no?
>faggot brackets
kill yourself reddit nigger

I think they're just paralyzed by indecision. How far in the future do you go? How much has the tech changed? If it's too radical, people will feel like it's "not Star Trek"

If it's not about a ship called the Enterprise that has a saucer and two warp nacelles people will riot
Deep Space Nine is beloved around here but at the time a lot of people hated it simply for being different

>Mickey Burnham is Spock's secret human sister because remember Spock?
It's all so tiresome.

The Star Trek audience is considered "safe", so they're trying to broaden viewing figures by bringing in the rest of the world, and they do that by ruining it so the Star Trek fans don't want to watch it anymore.

god damn it feels good to be awesome

This, same reason why they had what's her face in discovery tied to Spock to begin with, gotta throw in Spock and Sarek because Star Trek. Because you know the last time spock had a sibling forced in went so well.

>excluding the small Romulus destruction plot point in 2009
Did anything but STO use it? I mean shit STO only seemingly used it as an excuse to get romulan good guys and make it so they could have you join the feds or work with the klangs instead of making bigger changes to most of the campaigns.

All they would have to do is have one toss away line about it.

"Data, I see your new upgraded head matches your age!"

Done.

>not being a TrekBBS fan who loves NuTrek and hates OldTrek

Star Trek has a general. You should have posted there. Remember to support the community!

>Deep Space Nine is beloved around here but at the time a lot of people hated it simply for being boring

Fixed.

It's not like the first 2 seasons of TNG were thrilling masterpieces

Usually takes a few seasons to get going, fuck STD though.

Aging himself to look more distinguished I get. Why would he make himself fat though?

I can agree with the boring part. I only went into it cause I liked the sound of a more serialized Star Trek with the Dominion War story arc. Said war arc was very boring at times. Still plenty of fun here and there and stuff people rave about like In the Pale Moonlight and Waltz was good though.

Anyone got a good reason for why the Dax character unlikeable? Obviously Farrell was nice to look at but I'm thinking it's cause it felt like they trying HARD to make her as likeable as possible, but the smug sarcasm simply rubbed me up the wrong way. Oh, and banging on about her previous hosts all the fucking time. The amount of times I could see her bringing up Curzon to Sisko during a conversation from a mile away...

Cardies literally done nothing wrong.

Attached: 1553547129010.jpg (1070x851, 151K)

Based Chadassian Gul.

Didn't you know SHE is the KEY to EVERYTHING user??

scawy face man

Attached: 1566457399019.jpg (657x527, 62K)

>tfw you realised Marc is much handsomer and sexier in his Dukat Cardassian makeup than as his regular self

Attached: C2H7s8x.jpg (536x479, 54K)

A little on the gay side, but I'll file it under content.

D Y S O N ' S TECHNICALLY DOABLE S P H E R E

Maybe, but I couldn't help but notice it. The Cardassian look overall has features that make real men attractive, i.e. wide neck, a v taper look accentuated by their upside down triangle uniforms, and very pronounced bone structure/jawlines thanks for the facial makeup.

That and totalitarian, authoritarian power structures are hot af.

The virgin Vorta vs. the Chadassian Gul

Attached: tumblr_pd3hzmOy8q1th0sxwo1_1280.jpg (768x576, 54K)

Affirmative, captain.

The Bajoran-Cardassian thing has the same 'problem' as Star Wars does with the Rebels-Empire, i.e. the evil, oppressive force we meant to be rooting to see get their comeuppance is so much cooler than the oppressed people we're meant to sympathise with and like.

Attached: ndvnj3xyzOA4uEhwbKIGdV-AIaIoKoDav2HcN_YzbZc.jpg (640x344, 32K)

>Those sleek, smart uniforms and leather boots snapping to.

I think the only area were their warships, but that could easily been fixed with a grey/black look rather than some sandy one.

this grey tone maybe?

Attached: 150px-German_M37_ornamented_uniform.jpg (150x256, 11K)

The ships basically is their logo, so maybe like the red bit is black and the blue part grey, or vice versa.

Attached: Cardassian_logo_plain.png (200x309, 27K)

yes...YES

looks like a vagina

Based Chadassians deciding Bajor isn't even worth whipping their dicks out in order to fuck.

pls nicepost only

Attached: 1562696300827.png (727x682, 204K)

tfw kanar with Damar
youtube.com/watch?v=a-Xo25ml78w

gud toimz

They mention his aging program several times in TNG

Checked
Don't let the scary man get you upset. Drink some chamomile tea and calm down. The coffee isn't helping things, fren.

Attached: Corbomite,wtf is corbomite.jpg (300x224, 13K)

What the fuck is the point of having Patrick Steward in this? Dude's like 80 years old, what is he going to do other than to stand around and maybe say something once in a while? I mean shit, he didn't do much in TNG either but at some point it just gets silly.

I’m posting on my tricorder, can you describe what’s happening in that .webm?

You need to take your Geritol

>what is he going to do other than to stand around and maybe say something once in a while?
That was kind of his role in TNG.

Yes, for the most part, but he still got into troublesome situations here and there. At his current age, it would feel like they're just trying to bully grandpa.

Picard was always a fuckup.
It's what he does best.

Attached: picards_incompetence.png (1223x997, 270K)

>when STD made Mickey the inspiration for Spock's life
>when STD had Mickey save the universe three times
>when STD shoehorned in Pike getting wheelchair'd

This post is ignorant of the fact that the NX-01 wasn’t part of the original timeline and only a result of the divergent timeline created by the Borg time travel in First Contact.

Not /sci/, buddy.

>muh closed loop predestination paradox
Naa

Picard's many fuckups predate the First Contact movie, nimrod.

>nimrod.
meanie, meanie go away
meanie, meanie cannot stay
don't use words the cause a tear
don't make others live in fear
post a nice and post a smile
one good post can go a mile!

Attached: 1563645960410.png (1172x675, 53K)

However is 7 is aware of the incident with the borg during first contact. So the Borg are aware of humanity by the mid 21st Century.

>However is 7 is aware
Try again.

She was only “aware”’of them after the events of First Contact transpired, not before.

Fascinating.

Why does Braxton call 90s cops "quasi cardassian oppressors"?
Isn't the war over?

Attached: futuresend1_237.jpg (692x530, 88K)

1984 was 35 years ago, you disgusting little fairy.

Attached: this-dog-doesn't-bite....jpg (1080x1078, 367K)

I never said Enterprise wasn’t canon, only it exists in a divergent, post-FC timeline

I do not get all the hate on enterprise. Been watching it and it is pretty good. It's a shame they cancelled it because it hit its stride in S4

By 2002 we were burned out on Berman era Trek

Racism still exists

But by 2019 we're already burned out on Kurtzman Trek

America has a saviour complex and most of its populace is also deluded with the narrative that they and their ancestors built the modern world, so they need art that reflects that narrative for them in order to make them feel mentally safe and coddled.

We're just better than you and our stories reflect that.

Vote Trump in 2020 btw

This but unironically

Racism will always exist, and for good reason, you retard. It exists as a natural psychological factor inherent in every race, and can never be eliminated, your pathetic, incessant whining about it notwithstanding.

Attached: PicardBlacked.png (501x216, 58K)

>deluded
Yes. You certainly are.