This was considered scary in the 70's

>this was considered scary in the 70's

Attached: 1534909713427.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pr-I0V0ZOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More people believed in the devil and shit like that back then

are you trying to make a new meme or do you just really really want to make sure people see your point?

Horror was pretty shit till pretty recently. Name an actual scary america movie before the Ring US version.

>this is considered scary in 2019

Attached: reddIT.jpg (590x350, 53K)

You have to look at it from a Christcuck perspective. They believe in this literally, so of course, they'll find it scary.

Pretty much this, boomers and older are incredibly retarded and superstitious. They didn't have the internet to help them wise up.

>Because this wouldn't scare the shit out of you if your kid did this

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pr-I0V0ZOc

Upbringing makes a difference. I grew up in a Christian household, Omen, and The Exorcist and Amityville Horror scared the everlasting shit out of me.

It's a very aesthetic horror movie, I like Skarsgard's style.

Are atheists degenerate because they think they don't have to answer to a higher power?

At least it isnt pretentious slow burn

You can go outside and look into the sky, that's your higher power, an infinite universe that humans will never fully understand. Stop being a stupid nigger.

Doesn't that say a lot about your taste that you think It remake is better than The Exorcist? Atleast the original It scared kids

That spiderwalk down the stairs looks so bad. You can't see any wires but can still tell she's being suspended.

my 6th grade art teacher got fired for showing this to us on halloween after one of my classmates told their parents about the crucifix dildo scene and they complained

Christ, kill all zoomers.

Based teacher.

It was scary in context and moving. Well not so much scary as dread inducing.
Rosemaries baby’s atmospheric slow burn is more terror inducing then anything Modern. I bet you think jump scares are horror,

Attached: 42ACBEA3-D6F5-4834-BFEE-974A3567444F.jpg (550x847, 59K)

Horror movies are supposed to be funny, not scary. The Exorcist is one of the funniest movies ever. The Shining too.

No movie is scary. You don’t watch a horror movie to be scared unless you are a woman or child. The Exorcist is a masterpiece of unnerving, creepy horror. Amazing film.

Shit, this nigga ain't scared of nuffin

Sorry I forgot about niggers, maybe they watch horror movies to be scared. They sure do scream in the theater.

The ‘laugh at it’ cope always came across as pussy to me. Like you’re afraid to engage the film honestly and have to put up protective barriers to make it through.

Sounds like you are trying to say to just turn your brain off with more words. If a movie sucks it sucks, it's a waste of time to pretend it's good or engaging if it's not.

old "scarry" movies the best comedies

But you’re the one turning your brain off. You’re not actively participating in the film. It’s like playing amnesia and running in circles and giving the monster a kermit the frog voice. You’re turning your brain off to cope.

I also think that comedy movies aren't supposed to be funny.

That makes no sense.

Attached: 9E1BF837-3487-4ED7-BEE2-12D9D2B6190B.jpg (644x362, 47K)

>You don't watch action movies to be thrilled
>You don't watch dramas to be enthralled

Attached: c00f3777-f731-48ee-974b-5a896691eeab.png (842x574, 23K)

Humor is an abstract concept that doesn’t get desensitized. The fight or flight reflex is really quite simple and can easily become desensitized. You are seeking a base emotional response that you really only get full force as a horror movie virgin or someone of weak mind. “Atmosphere” “creep” “unease” “tension”, these all aim to stimulate the higher functions of the human mind instead of going after the reptile brain. A horror movie can try for either, but a great one goes for both.

Honestly old pennywise looks way more creepy.
I'm more scared of a pedophile looking old man than some edgy retard.

Attached: a211692fea324329920de92cf9ac44ccef139a8d_hq.jpg (580x325, 22K)

There is more reason to believe in that stuff today than there was in the 70s.

You are choosing to use self constructed comedy, stemming from the inherently safe prospect of a film, to protect you from actively engaging with its content. You are using your meta-knowledge that what you are watching can’t hurt you and isn’t real to take you out of that experience.

Laughing at horror movies that aren’t funny is the same as texting on your phone during a film, or repeating aloud “I AM NOT SCARED I AM NOT SCARED”.

You must suspend disbelief and actively participate if you want to get anything out of them. If you just riff them, then you’ll never be fully engaged.

Being scared isn’t the only reaction to horror. Unease, dread, tension. If you still get scared then you’re new to this ‘horror’ thing.

Maybe new Pennywise is scaring kids like I was terrified of old Pennywise, but I doubt it

It's actually the opposite. Religion has been exposed as a tool to control the weak minded and scared, super natural occurrences are always explained away or viewed as "just entertainment" and the religious are viewed as closet degenerates who use their power to rape children. Removing religion from ones life allows you to enjoy yourself infinitely better.

The Shining

Absolutely yikes and 14 years old pilled.

>Laughing isn't the only reaction to comedy. Amusement, smirks, chuckles. If you still laugh then you're new to this "comedy" thing

I bet you felt really smart when you typed that.

actually a 14 year old would believe in God and religion.

Curry's Pennywise is scarier because he is just a clown and he plays it so creepily, whereas nuPennywise is designed as a 'scary clown'

False equivalence. All of those things are symptomatic of the same feeling, with horror it isn’t. Jumping in fright at a jump scare or laying in bed thinking you’re gonna be killed is not the same thing as feeling tense for a character or an eerie, moody atmosphere.

I laugh out of genuine enjoyment of good horror. Horror movies don't scare me, but I adore good monster design and well-executed scares.

Go back to reddït champ. When you’re old enough not to sperg out like a teenager rebelling against mommy you can come back. Nobody is impressed you found out santa isn’t real.

Dumb christfag larper detected

>Le only Christian's are scared by supernatural horror
>ignores literally all of the supernatural movies (poltergeist, paranormal activity)

Imagine being so jaded, post-ironic, uncreative and boring that you go find stuff to say "can you believe this was a thing LOL" about... jesus christ dude get a life

>All those things are symptomatic of the same feeling. With comedy, it isnt. Slapping your knee at a good goof or laying in bed laughing to yourself is not the same thing as feeling cringe for a character or a light, goofy atmosphere.

t. Believes that energy/mass can be created

False equivalence. You’re not very bright are you?

Are you?

Attached: irobot.jpg (800x450, 21K)

Bright enough for kisses.

>Curry's Pennywise is scarier because he is just a clown

I find Curry's Pennywise to be just funny. Because it's just a clown and clowns are funny.

It was never the clown part that got me as a kid. He just felt so connected to the drains and sewer, I was terrified he’d come out of the toilet while I was sitting on it and pull me ass first down the drain, or i’d spot an eye in the shower drain or something. New Pennywise feels less focused in the horror.

BillPennywise works pretty well too because they did put in some uncanny traits, like the lazy eye and the drool, though I think Curry better captures the visual weirdness of a clown being in places he shouldn't be.

This. Tim Curry made me feel like there was a possibility that this clown would reach up out the toilet and insert a finger into my butt.

how fucking old are you?

Created by the Lord Almighty.

>tfw i just realized the demon possessed and KILLED karras' mother to torment him

It still is scarier than any horror movie that came out later, and nothing remotely like that existed before it came out

Will it ever be answered why Pazuzu reacted to normal water?

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf

Anonima sequestri

Scared the fuck out of me as a 10 year old

to fuck with karras. remember he's the master deceiver

I love Friedkin but I never understood the appeal of the exorcist

It's the ultimate film about Jesus

He's right you're wrong

It still is

t. can't answer who created god

Ok asshole, what actually IS scary?

It still is scary. One of the scariest movies ever made. The head-turn looks bad in the image, but in the context of the film it's creepy as fuck. Exorcist is a thousand times scarier than nearly every modern horror film such as (sh)IT and The Nun etc.

YOU KNOW WHAT SHE DID?

Kys retard

YOUR CUNTING DAUGHTER
how does one cunting?

SEETHING christcuck
Keep worshipping a dead kike on a stick

Why would kikes kill one of their own?

Attached: file.png (500x564, 117K)

Because Pazuzu knows that one of the symptoms of daemonic possession is a strong reaction to holy water and that priests have to jump through a lot of bureaucratic hoops to prove that someone is genuinely possessed and an exorcism is warranted. Therefore, by overreacting to normal tap water it seems more plausible that Reagan is just a mentally ill girl who is faking symptoms of possession instead of being really possessed.

In short, to fuck with Karras.

Go back fag

You first, retarded christcuck

Attached: file.png (955x803, 664K)

Tranny retard

Is this 2011? Where did this reddit atheist come from? Nobody cares about your religion dipshit.

>anyone who isn't a christcuck is a tranny
Nice preset response you fucking retard lmao

Attached: file.png (1329x1218, 801K)

Have sex fag

>Have sex
Another boring premade response, got anything original christcuck?
>inb4 bible quotes

Attached: file.png (571x618, 135K)

All fucking atheists must fucking hang

what do you rest your knowledge on and justify your life with? Rationalism?

Seething

Attached: file.png (1104x927, 624K)

Dumb nigger

>Rationalism
Any thing other than this is retarded

Attached: CCF.gif (300x360, 2.96M)

>t. goes to mass

Attached: file.png (730x844, 146K)

Attached: file.png (758x638, 379K)

Hey fag you’re going to burn in Hell.

>it doesn't matter if you were a good person, did volunteer work for the needy, philanthropy, etc. if you weren't gullible and believed the ancient sandnigger manuals you're going to burn in hell for ETERNITY

>t. christcuck logic

Attached: file.png (645x729, 220K)

You are the retard

Agreed.

>implying you did any of those things

you're using synonyms thinking they mean different things/make your point more valid than someone who says the same thing in a different way