So did Pennywise really kill Eddie’s lardass mom, or was he just hallucinating?

So did Pennywise really kill Eddie’s lardass mom, or was he just hallucinating?

Attached: EE2C8AA0-4D40-49A2-843A-F6BA3CB6417D.jpg (800x500, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18301190/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hallucinating.

It was a flashback to a portion of the first movie that we never saw. After the sequence at the house but prior to Beverly getting captured.

So chronologically the "Gazebos" line hadn't even happened yet.

honestly what was with all that faggot shoehorning stuff in this movie?
did they go completely retard or were those scenes in the book as well?

The stuff with Ritchie and Eddie is a little less implicit but still there in the book.

The stuff at the beginning with the murder was a major part of the book.

>a major part of the book.
so youre saying that king already put the faggoty shit implying that derry was a homophobic town but then IT the movie brought it to the next level because it so conveniently fits the current PRIDE narrative?

In the book the one gay dude gets murdered and the other one gets blamed and goes to trial for it.

1 more Question.
How come chapter 2 has so many miscellaneous zombie/monster types? wtf, it felt so random, whereas part 1 was much more focused on pennywise simply just being the only villain.

Get off the internet for a little bit

now that sounds more based.
you first.

There were way more zombie and other monster types in Part 1 than Part 2.

Part 1 has

>Crazy jewish painting lady
>Zombie group that kills bully
>Zombie that messes with germophobe kid
>Headless zombie that chases fatty around the library
>Zombie georgie in the basement

Part 2 has

>Zombie teenager bully from Part 1
>Return of germophobe kid's gross zombie
>Crazy grandma bitch

wtf was with that subplot of the bully guy breaking out of the asylum with his former friend who meanwhile has become a zombie and perfectly able to live a normal life and even drive cars?

No idea. Added nothing to the movie.

I hear in the book he's also supposed to be driving the killer car from the John Carpenter movie. Honestly disappointed that wasn't a part of it.

They seriously completely wasted Henry's character in Chapter 2. I couldn't believe how useless he was, in a movie that already feels horribly bloated he was nothing but dead weight. It's really a shame because that scene where he waves to them through the window after attacking Eddie was probably the most effective scare to me in the movie, some crazy escaped mental patient that could pop out at any time in the town was way more frightening of a prospect than anything Pennywise could pull off, he was really good too which makes me angrier he got nothing to do

They don't even bother explaining the reason from the book why IT is using Henry to attack them so it feels even more useless in this version, not to mention he doesn't even take out Mike in his attack either

so was pennywise just an alien come to earth with a meteorite?

>They don't even bother explaining the reason from the book why IT is using Henry to attack them
why then?

Henry was also the best looking kid in first movie. The only kid I cared about.
even cuter than the girl

Attached: 3F656845-64C4-47BA-809F-428422350E7B.jpg (798x420, 18K)

does anyone have pictures of the final spider form

>so was pennywise just an alien come to earth with a meteorite?

Short version: Pennywise is a lovecraftian kind of being from outside of the universe. His true form is those three little balls of light that you see. His brother/nemesis is a space-turtle.

you're an actual moron. Stop posting user, you're boring.

After the Losers were able to fight him off as children he finally learned what it feels like to experience fear, even in the Chapter 1 version of these new films he acknowledges it since before jumping into his hole after getting his butt kicked he is cowering and says 'fear...'

When he realizes they're coming back for him as adults he genuinely worries they have the ability to kill him for good and manipulates Bowers into working as an agent for him where he wouldn't have the weaknesses that IT does in confronting them, so might have a better chance at killing them. It's basically implied in this one but, I don't think it's obvious enough for anyone who isn't familiar with the source material. Even the 90s movie had Pennywise talk to him before breaking him out of the asylum

A better question is that was it the kid or the adult hallucinating.
In the movie it was the kids hallucinating. Then the adults came back to confront the that memory. So it's a flashback within a flashback. Then after the adults relived the memory Pennywise visited the adults and continue the scare.

Which looks like shit.

I don't understand why these kids are special, even none of them had come back wouldn't some other people just work uit out and eventually kill pennywise, they aren't the chosen ones in any way??? If they didn't come back would people just keep getting killed until the towns gone? Why the fuck are these kids special!!! Why the fuck did that black dude think that that stupid ceremony would kill it when it didn't work for the indi
ans? "Oh this time i thought it'd be different".. why?

Nevermind I just saw it and I'm incredibly disappointed.

Attached: 1409407120250.jpg (461x462, 79K)

sewer scene

Why did pennywise without makeup look like simple jack?

> McAvoy and Chastain kisses
>cuts to the guy and Sophia Lilis kisses
>Jay Ryan and Chastain kisses
>doesn't cut to Jeremy Taylor and Sophia Lilis kisses

>no fat boy was kissed in this film
Wouldn't it be great to film that?

Attached: 62FC55CE-15D5-486F-B60E-D792C1065FE7.jpg (480x360, 24K)

I really liked that part where Bill was talking to that kid on the skateboard and they tell him they hear voices come out of the sink, I kept thinking wow I want to know how a child would react knowing an adult knows about the voices too. Since the first part basically shows that the adults are oblivious and the kids feel crazy, but the kid doesn't react at all, doesn't ask any questions, doesn't seem anything but annoyed and it was a real missed opportunity. I'd have a million questions for that old man if I were in his shoes, since I'm sure he's not the only kid in town who hears these voices and he probably has friends who feel just as crazy as they did 27 years ago.

No, he doesn't. He just gives the cops his side of the story. The other attackers go to trial.

what are you doing here?
you should be marching with your faggot friends in serbia now or whereever else the fuck theyre having the gay pride this week.

It kinda looks cool once the clown face opens up all the way like it did in part 1 and a big gaping hole appears in back of his head.

best comedy ive seen for a while

Yeah that's the problem of this movie. It didn't stay with the interesting new kids but instead it used all its muscles to convince as the adult and the kid Billy are the same person.
Things can get so much interesting if we get more new kids scenes

But I guess they focused on adult Billy and the message is "get out of this town and never come back!"
And they need this to set up that Bill went to the funhouse and saw his warning went unheeded and...
Anyway it's all his character arc but it got in the way of the more interesting stuff.

It's an inherent flaw with the way they told this, they treat them coming back to Derry as them not just remembering their childhood memories but them basically reverting into their childhood selves so much their adult lives and personas essentially become non-existent. It's not even character regression so much as it's character stagnation, it's the opposite of character development and it's so boring. They don't utilize their fears or issues in adult life at all outside of Richie's fear of coming out of the closet, everyone else is just afraid of, monsters I guess.

>Richie's fear of coming out of the closet
was he gay in the book too?

No, it's kind of there if you want to interpret it that way but the way it's handled in the movie is essentially new material. It sucks because it's one of the few things in this movie that works and adds to the narrative, which annoys me because if they did more things like that it might have actually made the movie better overall. That recurring gag of 'your endings suck!' felt less like a joke to me and more like the screenwriters saying 'yeah we know this book's ending has a lot of problems but we're not gonna change things, do our job and make this script work into a good movie' a lot of it's problems come from being too faithful to the book at times at the expense of actual payoff. There are a million plot points and scenes that go absolutely nowhere and exist in the movie only because they were in the book but they end up changing parts of how they work so their meaning is stripped away. Like Henry Bowers attacking the group in the book actually puts Mike in the hospital and he's not there in the final battle against IT because of it. In the movie he attacks Mike and... Nothing becomes of it at all and there's no payoff. The movie is full of that.

You reminded me how this movie could have gone the other direction. The issues of the adults. It could be so much better.

Maybe read the book retard

no i read why did they remove the kids orgy with beth?

That's what I mean, Richie is the only one whose fear in the movie actually is something that still affects him in real life as an adult while everyone else's fears they focus on are just reverting back to their fears as children again, it's like nothing changed at all since they were kids and it almost makes the movie feel less like a sequel and more like a remake of the first movie. When you really look at it, it basically follows the same plot points. And they even beat Pennywise essentially the same way they did as children, this whole Chapter 2 feels completely meaningless and a waste of time.

Like for example adult Eddie went to drug store and remembered as a kid he hallucinated about his mom dying.
The thing is Eddie actually saw his mom died with cancer as an adult. There is supposed to be something about that.

Anyway I don't know. They probably got too many problems

I feel like it might have been better suited being 3 movies instead of 2 honestly if they really wanted to put so much book material in it. I can't believe we live in a world where The Hobbit got made into 3 movies but IT couldn't. It feels like such a huge waste how bad this movie is when the first part was so good, they just totally pissed all over the good faith they built up

I dont remember him being gay... I could be wrong though. For some reason more than other authors its hard to recall Kings details, despite liking his books. There is a gay dude in the book.

They added the skateboard kid scenes late into the production. Basically, Bill was supposed to get the ship back after getting spooked by zombie hands and that's it, but McAvoy felt like it wasn't enough for his character's "journey" or whatever and proposed the idea to the director who then made up the whole bit with the fun house and mirrors and shit. It was either a very last minute addition or even something they came up with during shooting, I don't remember. McAvoy talks about it in the latest Kermode and Mayo episode, he also told it cost extra $5mln, but I don't know if he was joking or not

Your analysis is great but I never liked any trilogy. So I would like them to trim and focus. But I guess repeating the first movie somehow became their target

That's crazy that such a late inclusion worked as good as it did, even if I felt there wasn't enough in that scene with the kid the attack in the hall of mirrors was absolutely a highlight of the movie and helped push Bill even more off the deep end of guilt

It does explain though why him running to the house to confront Pennywise alone amounted to nothing in the actual movie and they got there before he could. They already shot everything else so it had to be that way

I would have preferred trim and focus too over an overly long trilogy. An entire HOUR of IT Chapter 2 is wasted on flashbacks that are totally unnecessary and repetitive. Think of all that wasted time in those flashback scenes that could have gone to something more substantive.

Did this movie actually do the cosmical stuff where Bill and Richie astral-elevate their minds to cosmically beat up It? In the first one nothing about the chüd was even slighty mentioned

Barely, they have psychic visions that tell them to do the Ritual of Chud after getting high off a root (that is called Maturin) that some native americans gave Mike

But all the stuff about they yelling to It in the void at the end of the universe it's shown?

No not at all, the Ritual doesn't work and they almost die because of it and end it by just shouting names at him in the cave

In the book, some local guys push a faggot off an embankment and Pennywise takes a bite out of his arm after he's dead. Despite the faggots blatantly asking to get beat up, SK portrays this as the most horrendous act of evil ever. In a book about a demonic creature that tortures and eats children.

Well that fucking sucks

It's extra frustrating because nothing they do really is that different from how they fought him off in the last movie so it is weird that it worked now. It almost feels like if they just jumped down the hole after him in part 1 they could have easily finished the job 27 years early.

I was so disappointed with this travesty.

Attached: 1558975237551.gif (499x281, 862K)

A modern Hollywood film sidelining the only black actor for the final confrontation? They'd get eaten alive by the woke crowd if they did that. Hell, they're already being eaten alive for implying that gay people can die too in horror movies.

Based and twinkpilled

Attached: NicHamilton.gif (268x441, 2.39M)

They really could've cut the kid flashbacks out and have Henry get released earlier on, and give him some scenes establishing how broken his mind is.

wrong

Attached: 83495317d8647c208d37ba9b01f65ed3[1].png (545x660, 230K)

just saw this crapolla. it was shit and cringe and inconsistent
>suddenly use the term dead lights
>eddies cast doesnt have the loser on it when he goes to the pharmacy
>beverly killed her dad last flick, in this hes alive
>no spider, just multiarmed clown
>never ending quips
>shitty effects somehow worse than last flick
>the actors act like theyre kids, awkward dialogue

Why would Bev kiss someone as fat and disgusting as Hanscom?

Because he has a big fat ass penis acording to the book, fat ass penis which actually made Beverly had her first orgasm. It was so good that Beverly only moaned with him

No friends, huh?
That's okay, user.

Goddamnnnnn
muh duck

t. Pennywise

>I don't understand why these kids are special
Are you familiar with the concept of main characters?

Not really.

Part 2 also had the Paul Bunyan statue and Stan's spider head, along with the monsters in the chinese restaurant if you count those too.

The Chinese restaurant was...the best Chinese restaurant I have ever seen...and the waitress was too cute to be a real Chinese restaurant...
But it's ok because it's part of the fantasy.

strawpoll.me/18301190/r

The cutest twink in Chapter Two:

Attached: Ry Prior.jpg (668x519, 41K)

what the fuck is the deal with the "daughter" anyway?

wasen't she IT?