His helmet was stifling; it narrowed his vision, and he must see far

His helmet was stifling; it narrowed his vision, and he must see far.

Attached: 145a2bac70ebac7a397ede1bdbbe2073-700.jpg (1120x700, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=INgDss5gUWg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why didn't he just take it off. He only needs it on if he is going to fight

Attached: dionysos.jpg (220x258, 17K)

OP would you be able to answer this question? Preferably with another screenshot from the movie?

Why does he wear the mask?

>mfw Leonidas calls the Athenians "boylovers" when pederasty was far more common in Sparta than it was in Athens and was basically institutionalized as part of the agoge

Attached: leonidas.jpg (842x557, 80K)

There wasnt love there, only Lust you filthy Athenian. I bet your women cant even lift a spear over their heads.

>Athens spoke English

Reminder that spartans were manlets, Leonidas himself was likely no higher than 5'5

>characterizing Sparta as champions of Greek democracy and freedom
>Sparta's population was mostly made up of slaves and they didn't even consider themselves Greek
>were so paranoid about slave rebellions they organized their entire society into an absurd, unsustainable warrior culture where every adult spartan was expected to grab a weapon and start stabbing helots at the first sign of insurrection
>wage numerous wars of aggression against all their neighbors so they don't look like a bunch of paranoid dipshits for maintaining a constant military force at all times
>absurd inheritance laws mean a handful of wealthy widows control a third of the nation's capital and the government literally has to beg a bunch of wine aunts for cash to go to war
>their "empire" collapses under its own weight after a couple centuries and Sparta becomes an irrelevant backwater while Athens flourishes
Imagine being a Spartan

Attached: 1272507666538.png (428x510, 136K)

This is why Roman helmets were superior. No obstruction to your field of vision and actually had ear holes for orders.

Attached: 524525245246.jpg (344x400, 21K)

>tfw you learn sparta was real

Attached: 1519727652944.jpg (612x612, 44K)

Yeah, but they have nice oranges.

You also forgot the part where they regularly got cucked by the helots whenever they did go off to war.

this. spartans were an absolute joke who got left behind when the rest of greece went with alexander to btfo of persia.

They didn’t use those helmets for a reason.

The worst is people are adopting the name as some sort of badass workout or competition.

Attached: spartanrace2015.png (550x244, 32K)

no wonder xerxes won

Democracy is relative and limited to certain populations under every democratic system.
Sparta was free in that it refused to be subject to other governments. They were defiant until the end.

Did you not watch the ending you fucking faggot!

Why didn't they just roll boulders down to block the path?

Attached: frodo.jpg (400x399, 93K)

>Democracy is relative and limited to certain populations under every democratic system
Elaborate.

why didn't the spartans just surrender?

Democracy in athens was limited to citizens. Citizens being land owners.

Modern systems that are colloquially understoof as democracy (democratic republics) limited voting to free citizens (no blacks or women).

Very modern democracy limits voting to adults over the age of 18 in most places.

>movie is a true historical accoun
>t. Incel

Are we Yea Forums or /his/ now? Cocksucker.

Why didnt Frodo just ask Gandalf to send the ring into space?

/his/ is actually worse than Yea Forums at this point, no lie.

>Helots were ritually mistreated, humiliated and even slaughtered: every autumn the Spartans would declare war on the helots so they could be killed by a member of the Crypteia without fear of repercussion.
>tfw The Purge actually happened

Attached: 1_Y9U4vHy5MKomqrMPH0ZZuA.png (602x436, 700K)

>/his/ is actually worse than Yea Forums at this point
BUT YOU DREAM, user

Attached: 1520117949875.png (401x360, 316K)

>their "empire" collapses under its own weight after a couple centuries and Sparta becomes an irrelevant backwater while Athens flourishes
Was this before or after Sparta defeated Athens in a war leaving the latter city a shell of its former glory for centuries while not even Alexander attempted to subjugate the former?

Sparta is so fr*ckin' epic.. ugh not like those gay athenian!! lol

Attached: 1565390087454.jpg (1422x1626, 170K)

I wouldn't consider anyone below the age of 18 to be humans, why should they be allowed to vote or have a say? Very modern democracy seems to be working well.

>tfw 29 and know nothing about history
My life's greatest shame. I wish I could dispense autistic knowledge about some bullshit that happened thousands of years ago.

>Very modern democracy seems to be working well.

Attached: Crix.jpg (382x436, 54K)

You're a righteous fellow, user.

Start by reading Andrew Roberts' biography of Napoleon. I honestly and fully endorse this, no trolling.

Elaborate.

Piratebay has lots of History Packs. Search for Ancient Greece or Rome or whatever, and you'll find some 1-5 GB packs with tons of books in them. As starting points, I think they're great. It's not like you're training to be a historian. If you want to search for something specific, libgen is there, though it's been down for more than a week now.

I've read through the entirety of Penguin History of the World and successfully forgot 99% of it

Democracy puts the power in the hands of entertainment/media. Democracy is won through bread and circus.

Democracy is a system with the only goal of being keeping things generally peaceful. You trick people into thinking that their 1:300,000,000 vote matters and that anybody can advocate whatever and the best man wins. It keeps things relatively stable since the average logical person will not turn to extreme violence/revolt if they believe they can fix things in the next election cycle. Democracy places no value in truth or what is functional, it is a political system that is based solely off the idea of keeping things trending along a general path. Which is fine if you like that idea but it inevitably results in hedonists proliferating, politics based on bread and circus, entertainment having most power and visceral emotion driving policy.

I don't feel like typing that much so just wait 10 years and you'll see

Elaborate user, I want to learn.

Persians > Greeks

History's not about rote knowledge. It's more why things happened than simply what happened.
I'm an archaeologist, which has even less emphasis on rote learning

Oh. Well user, truth is, life's not big enough for someone to be an expert polymath these days. You pick something and you try to get good at it, but there's tons and tons and tons of info out there. People specialize a lot due to the nature of the world. You can't be some hotshot supergenius engineer who knows every part of history, be jacked, paint, etc. Even historians specialize in periods. If you're truly interested, pick one or two countries or eras and read about them.

Now tell us why we need Monarchism which will purge all the degeneracy with its chivalry!

Yeah the first one to be purge are losers who waste their time on an online forum all day.

what was leonidases tax policy?

tax athenians with blood

>i've no argument: the post

>Roman helmets
stolen from Celts lol

I'm sure between plowing the Court's women and being cucked by the Court, said Monarch will have ample time for purges...

Can confirm its retarded Nafris, Finngols, and Arabs larping as Chechens

>he thinks he'll be part of the upper echelon
Keep dreaming

>watching any movie by zack snyder

i hate that faggot director

Attached: TWICE GO! GO! Fightin'- Story SANA 1 - 5 Movie-dRte20uMJBA-[00.18.785-00.23.690].webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

Just curious, in your opinion what is the solution to these problems you share about?

Never said that. I'm not even saying that current "Democracy" is good. I'm just saying that the "muh pure Monarchy" meme is frustrating and I see it spouted here a ton.

Post your test levels, estronaut

Attached: E9C3FD81-5FC1-43D7-A4A7-2B5C28D8C3B8.jpg (695x960, 76K)

Oops, seems like I'm the retard here.

Attached: 1520631927199.jpg (692x703, 74K)

>*blocks your Enlightenment*

Attached: De Maistre.jpg (683x899, 52K)

Neoabsolutism actually makes sense compared to obfuscatory liberal democracy

Look at what letting anyone vote gets you? USA is $22 trillion in debt, not counting unfunded liabilities, all because politicians campaign on giving away free stuff. Having skin in the game, keeps government honest, because the people that have, don't want it stolen from them so the government can redistribute it to the have nots. I could go on, but you hopefully get the picture.

t. helot

Not really, persians had the numbers but Greek strategy and technology were vastly superior.
Most Persian soldiers had little to no armor and what armor and shields they had was nothing compared to the widespread use of bronze/leather Greeks used.
Also Greek weather pounded Xerxes army ass just as badly as the Greeks did

Based retard

Alexander could of destroyed all of Sparta at any time. He chose not too because it was convenient too have a boogeyman of Greece.

Sure. But the problem of the Monarchy is the baggage it carries. The Lords, the Titles, the Courts, the Successions. All of those things are corresive, and eventually will bring everything down. You can go back to /actual/ Democracy, the Ancient Athenian one, and have a central figure of power in times of crisis, but you can't go back to Medieval Western Europe.

There's no great solution to the problem of managing something as large as a country and the solution changes depending on that country.

I personally value the concept of some kind of inherit purpose and collective goal so what I find goof in a nation is going to be different from what someone who drinks and gets poor grades in his shitty degree wants. My solution is different to others because I solve a different problem.

My idea at the moment is having an vonstiution that asserts fundamental morals/values that must never be challenged or disagreed with (e.g. an explicit system of how to derive truth, the assertion that we exist, the assertion only members of the nation have value as humans, etc...). All othet laws and policies must respect these explicit fundamental assertions. A love it or leave it policy will be enstated with a very easy pathway for cirizens to emigrate in order to not have any pent-up frustrations with the constitution. A system of exile would also be enstated. The government beyond this could be whatever. It could be a republic or dictatorship or a democracy when the population is

>tfw you find out your family comes from there

Attached: sparta wobbayr8.jpg (272x272, 20K)

You left out them taking helots with them to war so that there wouldn't be too many for those at home to be able to handle

>Very modern democracy seems to be working well.

>muh heritage
Do you think where you're right now in life has anything to do with who your ancestors were?

>why didn't the spartans just surrender?
If you read Herodotus, you would understand that the Persians had attempted to invade Europe before, but they failed (scythians embarrassed them by running from town to town and some greks got together and burnt the bridge between asia minor and Europe)
Anyway, Persians were viewed as barbarians. To surrender to them would be like you letting a rat take your bed from you.
They were also in an alliance at this point with other cities, but they couldn't take a bigger army because spartans were real superstitious and observed a lot of festivals, hence only the king and his body guard could go
Thebeans were actually forced to fight at the battle (as the Greeks didn't trust them, rightly so too). In the final day of the battle the thebeans turned themselves over to the Persians and swore they were still the Persians allies.

People seem to evolutionarily hold their ancestry in high value.

Logically, it makes sense that successful people would have superior genes so people obviously do care about their ancestry.

Nigger slave.

>tfw you learn sparta was real

American education everyone

KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=INgDss5gUWg

Haha, you sound like my girlfriends husband

>mfw history discussion on Yea Forums is marginally better than on /his/ at this point

Attached: image0-43.jpg (559x549, 35K)

It has everything to do with that you retard. My ancestors are the reason I'm not some nigger dying in Africa

>I wouldn't consider anyone below the age of 18 to be humans
The voting age should be raised to 30

> "GREEKS WERE GAAAAYYY THEY WERE GAAAAAAAYYYY BBC HISTORY TOLD ME SO!"

Attached: 1567629902229.png (454x520, 11K)

So who's cucking who?

>the highest regard in my life is my bloodline rather than what I've achieved in this life
Are you sure you guys aren't the niggers?

Attached: 1498579606708.jpg (1019x675, 117K)

I'm playing AC:O just killed The Wolf
So not possible to side with Sparta right?

when will we get 40 year polyponesian war kino, could be bigger than game of thrones.

Attached: thucydides.jpg (1200x630, 118K)

Stop believing Oscar Wilde you faggot.

If that was true paedophilia would never have been outlawed since Sparta won ever world changing war against Athens. You know Leonardo da Vinci fucked tweens? Socrates had two tent rent boys tee agging around him in the gay bathhouses. Athens was so smart but Sparta had morals. By the way I'm not a Spartan.

His sword occupied his hand; it took his strength, and he must be stronger.

Attached: tumblr_inline_otodojORIf1sinj46_540.gif (320x180, 1013K)

How mad are you?

sparta didnt have boys
they only had men

3rd world education everyone

>dude epic cg bloom and slomo lmao
I miss the Yea Forums that used to shit on this garbage relentlessly. But that was a long time ago, before the zoomers

>leonidas ribs on the athenians for being "boyloving philosophers"
>spartans irl were the real boyraping homos
hmmm

Imagine being this new

>I'm an archaeologist
What's your speciality?

Attached: snke.jpg (474x474, 31K)

>empire" collapses under its own weight after a couple centuries
That’s longer than the American empire will last

mentioned

Attached: 1566732980029.jpg (335x365, 33K)

but you will die so youre no better off than the nigger in africa

What an absolute tool

Attached: 1515112818061.png (640x800, 353K)

Picking whichever side you want basically whenever you want is the whole point of the conflict. You’re a fucking mercenary.

>nuhistory propaganda

How did they choose who would be slaves back then when everyone looked similar?
Wouldn't you just deny where you were born? Who is going to say otherwise?

Spartan slaves, Helots, were basically everyone who wasn't Spartan. Also you couldn't just move somewhere as a vagrant individual, the locals wouldn't trust you and probably suspect you were an escaped slave.

>t. Greeks

Reminder that the Spartans were ultimtely defeated by a band of gay lovers despite greatly outnumbering them.

Well, of course.
Being gay is a mental disability
The sacred band therefore had tard strength
a bit unfair, if you ask me

But I'm just a traveling scroll salesmen? Everyone in my town has read all my scrolls so I've moved on.

Gates of Fire miniseries when?

its going to be filled with niggers, do you really want that?

You're referring to the Theban Band at Leuctra

Fuck you.

We know you aren't you fat fuck

Have sex, incel.

>brand someone a slave in their sleep
>IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

don't be mad
be un-gay

imagine majoring in history instead of something useful to society

Love this scene

His voice is fuckin amazing, I don't know how he never got any major roles

>and the government literally has to beg a bunch of wine aunts for cash to go to war
I fail to see the downsides.

(You)

So let’s see the scrolls

Fuck off and die a senseless war, Bolton.

What

>you will never groom a handsome young boy into a strong, handsome man through the delicate and intimate journey of male bonding

>givng any authority whatsoever to roasties
they had it coming.

Alexander was afraid too mess with the spartans. Hell even the romans where worried of facing them.
Even after they had long declined

Hey remember that time Sparta had to beg Persia for a fleet so they could fight Athens?

>300? ugh no thanks.

Attached: soyrage.jpg (233x217, 9K)

Spartans where near undefeatable on land for a very long time.
The athenians strenght lied on there ships and domination of the waters.
Plus spartans looked down on archers for not being honorable. While athenians favored archers to make up for their lack of numbers

>Spartans where near undefeatable on land for a very long time.
Which makes it even funnier when you learn they lost to an army of homosexuals.

Those homos were the strongest and most elite fighting force this world has ever known.

These guys were a couple hundred dudes conquering entire countries when they weren't having huge orgies in between, they weren't fucking around, they were fucking each other though.

Perhaps he is wondering why one would stab a man before kicking him down a well?

Quintessential /pol/posting. I can almost smell self hate

Yea but he will not die a horrible and brutal death by getting mauled by the local village's militia or by a mob for petty shit.