/hmm/

*plots your demise over trivial slight*

Attached: 1568059699845.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4
youtube.com/watch?v=k8Uf4HjdSHM
youtube.com/watch?v=PDLWrKrweCs
youtube.com/watch?v=8XLqWdGCaDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Skeksis are literally responsible for every bad thing on Thra and should be eliminated.

Attached: 1568064993548.png (1000x1000, 218K)

only fucking rule skesis have is don't kill each other and he fucked that up

Ain't a fuckup if nobody knows about it

first for the puppeteer behind the 'Puppet show' of the Heretic, he made a good job

youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4

yes, but you don't ever take a skeksis's seat

UrSkeks are responsible for most bad stuff, Skesis just inherited it all

Am I the only one who wants to fuck this Gelfling?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x1228, 134K)

>tfw your penis will never be large enough to satisfy her gaping puppet hole

i noticed this too they just banish any skesis that seriously pisses the rest off

Besides Chamberlain in movie the other banishes Skesis were the Heretic (for being a heretic) and The Satirist (for being annoying)

Why haven't you serviced your emperor today?

Attached: 2.png (744x651, 191K)

what is this a word that stays for ants

If Season 2 gets greenlit I hope SkekSa appears

Attached: 11skeksa.jpg (400x288, 47K)

you make post of 125x119 pic, you are retarded yes? hmmmmmHHMM

This is where I would post a screenshot of the Scroll Keeper looking through his telescope, which I do not have, so please imagine one instead.

They have to die before the film so they'll appear.

Not since bigger better prospects walked in.

Attached: Ekt.jpg (470x560, 32K)

I want Satirist, he originally was a court jester then got tired of it so tried to be .a serious playwright which the Skesis found so annoying they banished him

Puppetry!

Attached: Time_to_Make%3FMy_Move.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

What happened here?

sounds like a potentially hilarious character given the good quality of writing on the show

Attached: 2019-09-08 02_16_23-Netflix.png (835x454, 677K)

Is that skekEkt's real hair and he just dyed it, or is it a wig he made from the scalps of gelflings

>yaaah

>Deet the only one happy
and that's why she's best, she appreciates real art

>Am I the only one who wants to fuck this Gelfling?
Yes. Now fuck off cumbrain.

dyed real hair, skekEkt is vain as fuck

If there are any meme/drawfags on this board, I'd like to see a variant of this meme but with the Scrollkeeper.

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

>this meme but with the Scrollkeeper.
lol'd hard

*appears in your home and peruses your literature disparagingly*

Attached: 3195506845_4de3e57486_b.jpg (768x1024, 196K)

MmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmm but General took my seat, yes? He made Chamberlain look weak in front of the Emperor. General is weak. His gone now. Sad. Very sad.

Attached: 1568064494152.png (396x339, 198K)

>Ah, Mira, now that was some good essence

Hey Chamberlain, how did the General die?

>ssssss this Peterson says i should wash my three penises? No!

Take a good look, Gelfling. A good, long look.

Attached: ddf8r04-3a5c272b-8dd5-48af-a722-26a471b29699.jpg (1920x865, 618K)

Took bad tumble. Very clumsy General. Terrible accident.

Attached: hmMMMmm.png (1281x574, 681K)

Should I watch this my dudes? The trailer looks good but is it childish?

Most soulful show of the year

Yes. It's definitely worth a watch and is one of the few things that Yea Forums and Yea Forums agree on being good.

DON'T STEP ON SKEK

It takes its sensibilities as far as being children's entertainment from the 1982 film, that is to say it has no compunctions about dark or scary content.
To summarize one of the comic relief villain smashes a helpless character's skull in with a metal rod during the show.

Do I watch the movie or the series first? I'm aware the series is a prequel, but is it meant to be watched first to set things up or watched second to provide interesting 'Ohhhhh' moments?

Name a more based motherfucker.

Attached: 1568080263404.jpg (565x414, 58K)

It's good if you like genuine fantasy, gorgeous production values and inexplicably good characterization.

Attached: 1486357886489.jpg (3807x2624, 2.82M)

Really depends on what you're in the mood for
Movie first if you're up for some pleb filter
Show first if you're up for a really great traditional fantasy series to get into the franchise

The show stands on its own. If you're a full on zoomer you might struggle with the pacing in the movie, but it's still one of the most original works of fiction ever put on screen.

I think the movie first but it's a difficult order to judge for many reasons. Just know that the film is written very differently from the show and is very strange/stilted in its plot and characters, really you're watching for the incredible visuals and atmosphere. The show on the other hand is well written and plotted. The film might seem very basic after watching the show.

It's pure genuine kino.

Attached: AgeOfResistance.png (1208x547, 811K)

>Thra is just UrSkek Australia

What fantasy movie/series should I watch to ward off withdrawal?

>Uhhhhhh No

Damn did the Emperor have to BTFO Seladon so hard?

Uhh....no. But he did it because he felt like it.

Lord of the Rings and Carnival Row.

>is it childish
There were scenes in it I found a good deal more disturbing than anything R-rated I've watched lately.

The skeksi are genuinely vile and evil.

Attached: 5435436564.png (1082x571, 212K)

Which one is the hunter? I just finished second episode

Mushishi 2014.

Attached: 1d4754e46a714f733461f1ea03ee4bce.jpg (1181x835, 171K)

he comes in later

He appears in the 4th one.

You will know him when he shows up.

He comes in episode 4 iirc

Attached: 0a1e3551-3651-495d-bda1-96d2a1163598.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

dont read any thread before ending the series, and the movie, it will ruin many of the kino experience.
just watch it, at full screen, without any distractions.

>Watch it, Chamby!

>Watch it, Voiello!

Attached: Watch it SkekSil!.jpg (1276x569, 145K)

if some clever fellow would do the thing with the hand that would be swell

I had to stop and think about it for a long time.

Attached: knowyourplace.jpg (1039x473, 37K)

>Is confronted with the opportunity to avoid some conflict and use Seladon as a puppet to gain as much essence as possible
>LMAO no bye bitch

Reminder that SkekSo is a moron.

Attached: awhat.jpg (1270x1089, 448K)

kino voices

youtube.com/watch?v=k8Uf4HjdSHM

Sad to see this show doesn't seem to be gaining as much traffic as the usual Netflix release. I guess normies are put off by the puppets?

I really hope the 2nd season isn't canceled due to low viewership.

That's why Chamberlain should have been Emperor. SkekSo leads them to ruin in his deranged fear of death and inability to control his greed.

I was surprised at the names they managed to get

Any images of Emperor's "Ahh....no!" bit?

10 hours of kino was a blessing, if that's all we get then at least we got it at all.

With WatchMojo making a video on it and Tumblr/Twitter fanworks getting more notes lately, plus theodd1sout's plan to make a review of it, the show seems to be picking up steam.

Would you a Deet?

Attached: thefrstdarkdrystalageofresistance.jpg (900x690, 31K)

Why is Heretic the only Skeksis that seems self aware of his nature if they are supposed to be split into good and bad halves?

It's a show that has to build up a fanbase through word of mouth, it's never gonna be that kind of instant blockbuster. The movie is a cult favorite but not widely known or seen today and the show being puppet based is a hurdle for normies.

WOULD I!?

Attached: would i.png (478x334, 172K)

>Guffawing, slobbering and fighting over the life essence like kids at a pinata party
>Mocking and stripping Seladon
>Taking a piss and casually talking about slaughtering your own guards and worshippers
>Beating peaceful muppet creatures to death with a metal rod

Made me uncomfortable.

Attached: 1459052516570.png (352x291, 139K)

He explained it himself, he and his Mystic half both had a vision at the same time, which gave them clarity and purpose. They are aware that they are split from the Mystics, the Emperor and General talk about it, but the General said he doesn't like to think about the time before they were them. The Emperor is only thinking about it because he's having an existential crisis. They relish being Skeksis and being free from guilt or hesitation, it's only the Heretic that realized through his vision how wrong being split in two is and that it has to be corrected.
uhGoh the Mystic half is different from the other Mystics too, they're content to stay hidden in their valley waiting for whatever comes and just miring in endless ritual and routine, he actively wants to influence things and rejoin with skekGra.

Also the Heretic has a metal spike embedded in his skull, which probably might explain some of his strangeness.

Don't forget their glee over the punishment ceremony with the peeper beetle

It's definitely one of those shows/franchises that doesn't become a cult-hit overnight. That's probably the main reason why we haven't heard about a season 2 renewal yet. They're waiting to see how far it goes with reception and word-of-mouth.

Don't forget about the peeper beetle torture scene. That shit made me wince.

Honestly I'd love to see a flashback of these two trying to convince the Mystics and Skeksis to fuse back.

Attached: 000000a.png (960x790, 1.22M)

>odd1sout review planned
That little shit better atone for his plebbery of a review on the film. Hopefully he does this series good, especially when Netflix sent him a shillbox with a Rian pop autographed by Taron Egerton.

Attached: BECF2D68-407D-48DA-A047-E16C3EE7FA90.jpg (644x800, 35K)

>Taking a piss and casually talking about slaughtering your own guards and worshippers
Considering how many centuries they had lived in peace with the Gelflings, I'm surprised at how completely unfazed the Skeksis were by the sudden slide from warm feelings to violent hostility. You'd think even the most evil creature would have built up some sort of emotional attachment to some or all of their servant race in all that time, but the Skeksis are just like "oh, we're killing them now? sounds fun, leave a few for me"

I made it just for you and the boys, my lad.

Attached: UhNo.gif (444x400, 3.6M)

>suggest using the crystal to drain Gelflings after the Scientist had written it off as a failed experiment
>procure slaves in the Gruenaks, the last two of their kind, and sow their mouths shut, then later make them aid your schemes with false promises of freedom
>deliberately drink the last of Mira's essence in front of the Gelfling you know was her boyfriend
>maneuver the Scientist into getting his eye eaten as punishment for YOUR fuckup
>talk Rian into giving his life and reputation up to preserve a "peace" with the Gelfling as subservient
>poison the General to weaken him and gain his trust, then murder him, the most forbidden sin of a Skeksis to kill another Skeksis. when he's injured and helpless, all because he shoved you and stood on your hand
>suggest the creation of the Garthim as a mindless unstoppable army to crush the Gelfling
Lord did they ramp up how vile the Chamberlain is from the film. By far the most evil of all of them. I'd argue he's the actual lead villain of the series.

Attached: skekSil.png (1247x544, 753K)

My most adored of the Five Ocular Castigation!

Attached: The_Ritual_Master.jpg (2000x2997, 949K)

kek they never cared and just did the song and dance with the gelfling royalty

What a based motherfucker

Their guilt and remorse is all in the mystics

I liked this dude, a guy barely bothering to conceal he's just a psycho sadist masquerading as a priest with his pomp and ceremony

this will come in handy

absolutamente basado

based gif creator user

They seemed to have very slight whisps of morality at the start of the show. The Scroll Keeper for instance while keeping up his noble persona to Brea compliments her in a condescending sort of way, like you might a pet. Also the other Skeksis seem rather freaked out at first by the Scientist disintegrating Mira with the Crystal. The Gourmand averts his eyes in apparent horror and the General yells "What have you done!?". Even the Emperor yells for the Scientist to explain himself.
But it goes out the window when they get a taste of essence and the youth and vigor it provides, and they quickly shred any outward decency for animalistic greed.

I'd murder all Skeksis with extreme prejudice for her.

Skeks look like they should be fighting Ultraman.

Attached: HYDRA-1.jpg (357x378, 136K)

>The scene where he showed the gelfling the peeper beetle, and said if we do this to other skeksis, imagine what we would do to you.
>Realizing he wasn't lying at all in that scene.

Attached: 1515783073259.png (239x229, 82K)

Nigga...

Attached: 65C79F0F-31CB-4154-9596-4C924F209CAF.gif (448x246, 2.44M)

I think when they were being well sustained daily by the Crystal and the ritual of the Suns, they were content to be relatively ok rulers, douchebags for sure but not openly abusing their subjects and keeping up the act of being lords of the Crystal. The ceremony losing its effectiveness is what drives them over the edge into their inherent cruelty and greed. From everyday villainy to cartoonish supervillainy and all that.

Or worse, he said imagine what the other Skeksis would do to you, since he is your friend yes, and wouldn't do that, he is good cop. Always playing some angle that Chamberlain.

It's children's entertainment circa the 80's and 90's when they weren't afraid to really scare children. Very refreshing, honestly. When you can't rely on constant gore and sex to tell a story like a lot of "adult" tv shows do, you have to work a lot harder to keep the audience's attention. That being said there is a lot of gore and sex in the show as well.

>it's a podling scene

Attached: cmon.jpg (229x220, 6K)

>it's a faggot enters the thread scene

I think it was about when he brought SkekTek the slaves as a peace offering and had sown their mouths shut that I realized what a total psychopath this character is, well beyond just being a sneaky chancellor type.

>PODLING CLEANING SEASON!

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 12K)

Hup is pure kino, get out

seladon is such a cunt

In the words of the show's head writers "It's not the Happy Crystal".

cope more sub 40 IQ podlings

KAMALEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

At least she gets thoroughly humiliated and almost raped by skeksis.

>it's a little creature is just sitting there eating books in the great library and no one does a damned thing about it scene

Attached: 1504026899785.png (197x228, 84K)

At least the podlings didn't get wiped out by a dozen asthmatic bird men.

Attached: chadlings.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Legit thought the show was going to go there and have them strip her naked.

This scene was made for kids right? The comedy (if you could even call it that) was day time children television tier.

you better not be spoilering shit ya cunt

Skeksis would never rape gelfling. Gelfling beneath Skeksis. Would be like fucking crawlies.

If you watch the behind the scenes, someone in the show room just had the idea for there to be a Podling Cleaning Season for fun. Then later on they realized they needed a weird and degrading task for the Order of Lesser Service to do, so they used the Podling Cleaning Season.

Combined with how effective his manipulation is, the Chamberlain is absolutely terrifying. You really wouldn’t want to get on his bad side.

>can't find any clip of Hup singing in his cell

Attached: 1566103235460.png (460x445, 386K)

>Almost all the enemies you need to defeat are in front of you and several have already died or been wounded
>multiple allied forces arrive ready to fight
>just let the bad guys go, don't even try to kill or capture them
Maybe the Gelflings deserved to be genocided

He's also the best villain because despite all that we still sympathize with him.
Especially when he's grovelling with 'please? PLEASE?'.
I mean I'm pretty much immune to acts of coercion due to being stubborn, but if someone appeals to my better nature I have difficulty resisting.

>It's a Hup scene

Attached: images.jpg (245x206, 5K)

They have three dicks, surely they reserve one for the especially depraved and dirty shit. I know I would.

>its a hup gets absolutely launched by a raging skeksis scene

Attached: E0D6A02C-18DA-4A9F-8381-69210105BDC7.png (694x634, 49K)

Isn't their name basically "those who don't care for the future?" Would make sense they aren't the best strategic planners.

Chamberlin getting stripped in the movie already had echoes of a gang rape. Seeing Seladon getting the same treatment had me bugging out for the second I thought they were completely stripping her.

Attached: j9z8fmhoxvj31.png (857x697, 738K)

SPOIL THE ENDING SINCE IT JUST GOT CANCELLED. Fill in the blanks up to the dark crystal movie.

Attached: 1558379279560.png (785x731, 201K)

Although, those same Skeksis wiped out the entire castle guard while unprepared. Even a few well-armed Skeksis could take out an army of Gelflings. Especially since Deet wasted all her MP in one go.

>t. seething #SaveTheOA fag

Fake and gay but you made me look it up.

I especially love that as he says, he plants stories and watches them grow into truth. 95% of what he says is true, making it hard to find the 5% that isn't. The little seed he planted that's rooting itself everywhere in your mind.
Like the scene where he shifts blame onto skekTek for his own fuckup letting Rian steal the essence. Almost everything he says about what happened is true, if misleadingly presented, with just a few important details omitted, meaning it's difficult for skekTek to dispute his account and easy to shift blame onto him. It's a very believable manipulator character that you can see how he isn't necessarily in control at all times (like how many "chessmaster" characters are just written like they read the script, lazy and weak), but you can see how easily and quickly he can take control of a situation and turn it around on someone. He flips unfavourable situations into his favour and it's great.

Don’t fuckin scare me like that

Fuck you for making me google just to be sure

They're not pushovers at all. They'd have won that battle if the other clans hadn't arrived or skekMal not been destroyed. They easily wiped out the castle guards in a total massacre, and even the goofy ones like the Scroll Keeper are out there armored and cleaving (in fact he's the one who gets a kill shot on a major character).
Also the Emperor still had the Darkening powers, and Deet was definitely not up for reflecting it a second time.

Especially that spooky shot of the newly naked Chamberlain clinging to the wall in fear. They knew what they were doing with that imagery.

The movie came out nearly forty years ago user. There's got to be some kind of statute of limitations on spoiling things.

THOSE WHO TROLL OUR THREADS MUST BE PUNISHED

Attached: [email protected] (1160x560, 253K)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Mystics.JPG.jpg (936x403, 47K)

Retarded OOOAAHHH poster. Leave.

Attached: 1567892724629.png (1920x1080, 981K)

>a dying race ruled by a dying emperor imprisoned within themselves in a dying land
pure kino

I'm gonna beat you like I beat my dick in Deet scenes!

>throws parties like some clubbing motherfucker
>that "no" scene where he absolutely reks that vapid cunt and tears her pretentious black dress away

Criminally underrated skek

Attached: netflix-dark-crystal-characters-emperor.jpg (2500x3746, 2.39M)

Another world.
Another time.

and takes his good buddy the General into his confidence and tells him about his existential fears, like a healthy ruler should rather than bottling it up

They most def knew what imagery they were evoking. Henson wasn't fucking around with the dark part of dark fantasy.

Attached: b53904.jpg (800x556, 142K)

is there a screen without the macro?

No

Attached: DC_JenMystic_2256.jpg (980x551, 109K)

I like these bits best, when the sometimes too present symbolism gives way to a more complex look at the skeksis.

Imagine the parties they used to throw back when they were young and healthy. The orgies must have lasted for days and days

I want those big gelf lips wrapped around my dick

underrated scene. they all keep talking about being immortal which is a common villain goal but having him talk about nightmares and the fear of dying and going nowhere forever made their motivation relatable

why isn't this on the netflix popular section? why isn't netflix shilling the fuck out of this?

>just finished episode 10
>Maudra Fara gets her shit pushed in
>"I can hear Thra calling me... It sounds like music...."
>"I'm home...."
>that one-eyed fizzgig shit starts howling
WHY AM I TEARING UP OVER PUPPETS LADS, I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS

>500 dollar
Would you?

Attached: 1565833188e303feacd554cb8af64e603aa67f7097_2000x.jpg (1000x1000, 93K)

I was reminded to watch it because it was on the front page with a big advert and play screen.

>why isn't this on the netflix popular section?
It was there last time I checked
>why isn't netflix shilling the fuck out of this?
They're too scared to divert their marketing eggs from the Stranger Things basket, especially on a niche property like this when normalfag plebs can't into puppets easily.

>Create world where leaders are mostly female
>Almost every single female leader plays a vital part in the Gelflings' genocide due to poor judgement and/or dramatic emotions.

What did they mean by this?

Attached: All-Maudra.jpg (2000x2997, 838K)

Already done

Attached: YES.png (1357x1595, 311K)

Have you finished it already? I imagine netflix' algorithm writes it out of those sections in an attempt to get you to watch something new instead of shilling something you've already seen.

Don't forget
>When his brethren is mortally wounded, he tries everything in his power to save him, including using up their whole store of essence, and when it all still fails, orders he be displayed as though he were still alive and ruling with them

Based.

Skeksis let them be in charge for that very purpose.

I'm kind of torn, I have a lot of friends I'd like to get into the Dark Crystal but I don't know which they should view first. Would you guys watch the prequel first, or the movie first? I didn't watch the movie for a long time and haven't yet touched the extended media, so I kind of appreciated twists regarding things I forgot about or misremembered like the General not being the one from the movie.

The Emperor also fears that instead of nothing, there is some kind of afterlife where he will have to face all the guilt, pain, sorrow and shame he did not have to feel over a thousand years as a Skeksis because he'd split it into his Mystic half. Very believable fear as far as an evil overlord goes.

I mean the Emperor rules almost entirely in terrible and poorly thought out decisions because he can't see past his own (lacking) beak but ok

Movie may put them off the series. It's much harder to get into. My friend thought the gelflings were too boring and the pacing bad, but he's still willing to watch the show.

*bashes your fucking head in*

Attached: skekTek.jpg (825x464, 49K)

This show shows you the consequences of 1000's years of bullying.

S

Attached: 20190909_222846.jpg (3272x1811, 2.3M)

Skeksis literally too angry to die

Attached: Hunter2.jpg (1197x611, 96K)

This. If you have a friend who you think would hate/be iffy on the movie, recommend them the series first. It's easily the most newcomer friendly way to get into the franchise.

Most unexpectedly dark scene in a show full of dark scenes.

best girl

This. Unless they're hardcore fantasy fans, start them on the series.

he knows that his future is dust or hell. it would scare anyone

The series is much more normie friendly. The movie is a very weird and experimental project that didn't quite come together perfectly, and it would be very likely that normies would be put off by it. The series on the other hand is perfectly realized and in sync with the culture's storytelling zeitgeist, so they'll have no problem getting into it as long as they can handle the puppets.

Prequel first IMO

Pumped up Kicks sounds in the background, the bullied skeksis is loose

I'm watching the movie again right now and it's dry as fuck compared tp the show. If you can convince them to devote 2 hours to it than start with the series, i feel like thats the better shot at getting them interested.

I was expecting it mostly because it seemed like the entire purpose of their introduction was to become part of the Garthim.

series first, i saw the movie later and it is not a good hook.

>"I will not die! I will never be dust"
- Quote from Skeksis turned to dust

I was expecting them to not survive, I wasn't expecting the Scientist to snap and savagely smash one of their heads in with a heavy metal lever, complete with blood splatter on his pet in the cage.

You always watch things in chronological order that they were MADE.
This goes for every movie, TV show and video game.
If your friends can't devote the patience to do something as simple as appreciate artistry from the '80s, they deserve to be fans, simple as that.
So obviously The Dark Crystal (1982) first, then the show.

Attached: 59234878957.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Went back and rewatched the movie after finishing this and it's amazing how the show seemed to transform the slower puppetry of the early 80s into part of the story. The skeksis are very jovial, a bit full of life in the show. In the movie they are slow, almost feel exhausting. The emperor's death is all that more chilling after seeing him on the show. The tough and aggressive ruler is a pathetic skeletal bird shrieking at the other skeksis in the movie.

probably because it's just real, gruesome violence, not more abstract fantasy violence like a magic crystal disintegrating you or even being dramatically stabbed by a sword. It's just a psycho with a club beating you til you stop moving.

and they're all just old and past their prime, like the Chamberlain is no longer the effective manipulator he once was, and in fact they all barely seem to do anything but sit around in the castle now, I don't think any have left the building in years before the movie starts

The poor Scientist Skeksis. Imagine being a wagie among Skeksis

*triple pisses in your path*

Attached: The_Gourmand.jpg (310x465, 31K)

I found it a bit odd that his lower teeth are more like molars than fangs

>implying he doesn’t shitpost in Yea Forums “write what’s on your mind” threads in his spare time

second

Been there my dude, feel better.

Watch The Never Ending Story

Is a Trine supposed to be a year?

eats so much his fangs are worn down

>The rock monster that plays voice recordings from etchings on his arm
TOO MUCH SOUL

CAN'T TAKE IT

Attached: 1470625673645.png (675x513, 396K)

*oozes*

Attached: dark-crystal-characters-netflix-collector.jpg (1600x1600, 645K)

i think so.

I wonder what he keeps in those vials

youtube.com/watch?v=PDLWrKrweCs

Boogers.
It's name is 'The Collector' after all.

A disgusting design to make Henson proud

How come Deet can have two Dads but we still don't see any lesbian Gelflings?

Also how the fuck do they even reproduce?

Attached: DeetHas2Daddies.jpg (1280x572, 58K)

probably spices, he is the head of cousine, the chef master, and a reflex on the sin of gluttony.

Smug

Attached: brea.png (1206x539, 750K)

DEATEA
DERATEA
KIDA KIDA
ARU GHARU

Aughra hit the wall hard is that why she started star gazing.

Tavra is gay
Jen had a penis on his puppet, so they reproduce like we do.

That's gourmand. Puss filled Skeksis is the collector.

Attached: hmMMMmm time to make my move.webm (752x582, 2.93M)

Attached: whimpering-chamberlain-is-always-seeking-for-power-and-always-losing.jpg (396x339, 40K)

F

Attached: 4ca8c8ae-133c-484f-91d9-90b7a34b71d2.jpg (812x485, 59K)

CEASE ALL MERRYMAKING!

Attached: 1554646433329.webm (640x640, 2.9M)

you right, thanks

Beat to Deet

kino scene

youtube.com/watch?v=8XLqWdGCaDs

Hey, I have this Gelfling Lying Tongue (Mint Condition) (1000 Trine), especially great at spreading lies about the Skeksis.

Any takers for it?

Attached: Horrible-Tongue-Professional-Magic-Tricks-Props-Halloween-Toy-Fake-Nail-Through-Tongue-Trick-Joke-Pr (1000x1000, 101K)

He was off his nuts on essence. Of course he wouldn't be 100% on his game.

I will pay three shattered skull fragments for it!

Attached: c00.jpg (721x1080, 143K)

Think of it like this. A year on our planet is how much time it takes the earth to orbit the sun. Thra has three suns. A trine would be how long it takes the planet to circle all three suns. Time is relative though, so it's probably a lot longer than a year on earth, but those on Thra process it the way we would process a year.

COOOOM

satirist died before the prequel.

This was the scene that convinced me the podlings were just retarded gelfling children who had been segregated away from the rest of the species, and what little responsibility their families felt toward them manifested in the order of inferior(?) services. If you imagine what a gelfling with down syndrome would look like, you'd have a podling. They also act the part, and their "language" sounds like down syndrome speech impediment.

Attached: podling care.png (864x552, 663K)

I only watched one episode but this show seems pretty good. Fantasy is such an under-utilised genre

That's what the Skekses are, hostility personified. If they allow such slights, they are free game.

I wonder why the heretic didn't join the fight against the hunter? I mean he was once called the conqueror so obviously he'd have fighting prowess.

Attached: IMG_20190904_150809.jpg (3609x4096, 1.01M)

>Jen had a penis on his puppet
Really? He had a nude scene, but I can't remember seeing dick.

>once called the conqueror
Sure, then they drove a spike through his head and let him waste away in the desert.

He's old and not the chad he used to be

Attached: b12.png (1280x1280, 370K)

It cant be seen in the movie, but in the photos of the original workshop and i think too in the documentary of the original movie

Didn't want to risk getting hurt and killing his mystic half.

No, but it's a hell of a piece.

>Just yeets that motherfucker into the planets core.
What a mad scientist lad.

See

God I fucking hate him so much.

Left dad can do sooooo much better.

That's an extremely lewd Skek

It's actually her dad and grandad.

>mystics can just commit a ritual suicide and stop poisoning thra, destroy skekses, and prevent mass genocide

how were they the "good" halves again? both of them only pursue things in pure self interest

They have a conscience, the emperor admitted to having nightmares where he is plagued by guilt and pain from before the split, and the general admits to secretly thinking about such things. They just can't show any weakness before the others, after the split they decided to make the best of the situation they found themselves in. After thousands of years of living in seclusion, treated as gods, they just lost a bit of regard for other species, especially since they're short lived bugs that worship them.

They were not a pure good/evil split but more abstract division. The mystics have no ambition.

I noticed that. When he caved the gruenoks head in, I thought that was really messed up, even for a show that already has portrayals of violence in it.

Pretty sure that one's a chick.

fur reer do

I watched 2 eps yesterday with my wife.
Skeks are cool and intresting.
Midget elves are retards.
Podlings are grots.
There is an older film called Dark Crystal too? I wonder if WoW Arakkoa are inspired by this.

fuck... I think I might be a mystic.

Attached: basicallyme.jpg (1620x1069, 205K)

Just noticed that the clothes Aughra wears in the movie are those she got from the Hunter when she burst out of him.

Is there any way to gauge the show's success? Does only Netflix know?

Yeah, they keep their statistics secret. Occasionally you'll get leaks but those aren't necessarily reliable.

I do notice a lot of discussion and almost all feedback is positive so that's a good sign.

They are

B U M P
U
M
P

Attached: 57A7B83F-3ACF-4F70-9B44-D7D011DFA32C.png (930x1005, 452K)

Hmmmmmmm

urAmaj and skekAyuk are both concider to be master chief of their time and very skill at culinary.
But who is actually the better chief ?
If they both open a restaurant and
culinary school, which one will be more popular to the people of thra (
essense is not included in the manue because skekAyuk need
Gelflings customer)

Also,What's each of their restaurant and school is like ?
Are there any Gelflings or Podling anons here who had worked or study there told me about their experiences ?

What exactly is the job of a chamberlain?

Counsel to the Emperor

HMMMMMMMM

Rotten Tomatoes has good score for it. So there's that.

Word-of-mouth, youtube reviews and fanart is how this show will gain a more traction.

How has no one made an angry Hup gif or webm yet? The one where he makes the farty sounds and his nose implodes

>carnival row
is it good? I only know the shooting was here in Adrspach mountains which are beautiful

It doesn't make sense with the original move
>this is a prequel to the movie, so why do none of the skeksis know who aughra is?
>the general dies in this but is in the movie (I guess another coulda just been named general)
>nebrie are completely different

they also explain some dumb ass details from the move that don't need an explanation
>why does the scientist have orange hands? hurr durr
>why one guy got light eye? duhhh
>where Garthim from? duh doy

and they re-use a bad exposition line from the original
>"I don't have wings" "of course not, you're a boy"
>it was bad in the original, why re-use it?

the generals are completely different characters and the general from the movie was name dropped in episode 9 i think

They know who Aughra is. They were moaning and groaning the moment she showed up.

The general in the show is another skeksis, and the general from the movie is away from the castle and not general yet. Very easy to confuse them though, they look similar and play similar roles..

Uhh, no those things didn't NEED explanation, but it makes perfect sense to do so in a prequel series. You want the Garthim to just appear out of nowhere in the potential second season?

Showing how the Scientist lost his eye was a good opportunity to showcase how cruel the skeksis can be to their own when they fail (they have created several torture devices for this purpose alone) and what a cunt Skeksil is.

>dude's wearing some gloves and has some orange foam visible underneath, better make him crippled from the crystal
>let's not keep this secondary crystal under the real one
>lets make the story so the protagonists have to lose cause everyone is dead in the original
>let's re-use shitty dialogue basically verbatim

rent free

Attached: 1568116141200.jpg (1612x1209, 343K)

How many times have you watched it? I'm on my 4th rewatch.

Half of that criticism is literally incorrect kek

>Gelfling love to be massive faggot hmmmMMMMmm?

they don't reproduce, they steal children from the surface

Am going to watch for the second time later today with a friend I've shilled it to.

I'm kinda mad they're making Deet evil and getting a bad end.
Also it's a bummer knowing the Skeksis essentially win since by the time of the movie there's only two remaining Gelflings (that we know of, they might retcon this) and 10 of the original 18 skeksis/urRu still alive.
So they killed off three here, one is neutral (heretic/wanderer) that means they can only kill 4 more max assuming they haven't died already.
I wonder how they are going to give the show a 'happy' ending.

don't worry, the gelfling are hiding near the planet core

deet isn't getting a bad end in the making of docu they whine about how it's a love story between her and rian, it's just some redemption/rescue arc to make the panties wet

this is an old trope i always noticed. these kind of extinction stories always tend to add in new survivors through other means the longer a franchise goes on, and i think one interview implied that people are assuming the ending will be darker than it has to be

The Grievous of The Dark Crystal

Attached: Griffon_vulture_Svetoslav_spasov-690x440.jpg (690x440, 80K)

Attached: image.jpg (1517x2048, 545K)

I was a bit bothered by it at first and I think the extended lore (books and comics) clarifies the Skeksis drove the Mystics away because they knew they were originally UrSeks and that could happen again. The Skeksis fear what happens after death (since they are not from Thra they do not go back to Thra like Gelflings and shit) making them want to prolong life as long as possible they believe the Mystics will get in their way and are not willing to gamble on the conjunction.

>All this in a fucking kids show

Attached: u9zi0l46uv021.jpg (1024x684, 92K)

Now that the series is over and I've had time to digest it, I still think I like the movie more. Don't get me wrong, this is the best prequel show that they could have possibly made, it's just that the original movie invoked such a sense of grand mystery and the show took a lot of that mystery away.
The movie made me wonder about how Jen and Kira would explore their new world, discover mysteries of the civilizations past and discover new weird and wonderful things about the regenerated world.
I know there's canonical comics/novels out there that tell the stories before AoR and after the movie, but it was so much cooler when it was vague.
Like what if the castle of the crystal acted as some sort of teleportation platform that could allow you to teleport to the crystals of other worlds and such.

Attached: lost_valley_by_tyleredlinart-d748fme[1].jpg (1024x508, 137K)

Attached: wkKHZfW.jpg (1280x720, 331K)

I thought this too

Attached: ee4b576eafd831404db2a9f3809f1785.jpg (454x455, 52K)

WE ARE ETERNAL!

>that scene where they try to hug and become one again but it's pointless

Genuinely curious at what they meant by that. The futility of being a homo?

Attached: cinereous_vulture_161546.jpg (600x450, 114K)

they're not homos, they're literally the same guy that wants to be himself already

The wings line was literal top tier worldbuilding. You don't know what the word exposition means.

>making of docu
Where can I watch this?

Attached: i8c86x9w56911.jpg (4158x2772, 937K)

What are some games that borrow a lot from The Dark Crystal aesthetic?
WoW is an obvious one, especially The Burning Crusade with the arakkoa and floating crystals.
Armello too, with the corruption and purifying crystals.

Attached: 1200px-Safe_Haven_-_Nagrand[1].jpg (1200x493, 96K)

>if it were not for the laws of this land, I would have slaughtered you

Attached: AAF39ADE-8AD6-467B-86CD-B6FB3135B864.jpg (480x480, 27K)

It'll just have a Rogue One style ending. The acts of the protagonists here will allow the prophecy to be fulfilled in the film.

Attached: cinereous-vulture-6.jpg (1023x682, 129K)

WoW isn't at all related its just standard Warhammer schlock with even bigger pauldrons.

Morrowind is the only game I can think of that directly took inspiration from Dark Crystal. It's very explicit, most of the creature designs and lots of the characters, the props and the architecture are taken from Dark Crystal.

Attached: 1347824074375[1].png (388x335, 155K)

Attached: Griffon Vulture nest prep Ricos Gregoriou.jpg (1000x638, 289K)

gatekeeping nonsense

>That one mystic that's probably confused as hell to why he's suddenly blind in one eye.

lol

The movie is vastly better, so that first. If they like that, the TV show is a good next thing to watch.

I'd have to kick myself square in the balls for my other half screwing us over like that

Do you think one a skeksis pisses, a mystic also gets the relief?

It's not gate-keeping at all.
It's trying to preserve an experience for the viewer.
If you watch the show first, the impact of the movie will be completely removed/tainted and you will NEVER know how the movie felt for people who watched it in the past because you will never be able to separate your foreknowledge from the series from the movie as a separate entity, doubly so because it's a prequel.
It's the same with everything, Star Wars, The Witcher, etc.

>Even the Emperor yells for the Scientist

The Emperor was laughing during Mira's ordeal.

yeah, that's jews alright

That's the same one that spontaneously bursts into flames in the movie. That fucker had a hard life.

I guess jews are based then

He truly was the most bullied creature on Thra...
>His hands are now spontaneously ornage

Everyone in this ITT needs to go back to Yea Forums and that other website with the upvotes

This user gets it.
It also works the other way around
The TV show is flawed but it is a labour of love full of references to the original, it's best enjoyed in that context.

His voice makes my peepee feel good.

Did you feel good when he ripped out his own nail or showed that his snout was a gaping oozing wound?

>No.

I wish these threads can become as fast and funny as /got/ threads were in the mid-life era of /got/

Attached: 1557757485459.png (142x254, 56K)

This scene is a metaphor for white mans burden. They are trying to civilize the savages instead of letting them just be free and separate.

I want to know where the terror threads went. Saw one up at all times and now that I've watched it, haven't seen one since.

Well that show ran its course, and eventually if there's no new content those threads will just get deleted. Dark Crystal is relatively new, and has a chance to get more seasons so it's cool for it to have a thread up all the time for now.

I was too fucking slow. Cursed to die alone.