Explain to me why modern day audiences wouldn't watch a TV show about a bumbling boss at an everyday job...

Explain to me why modern day audiences wouldn't watch a TV show about a bumbling boss at an everyday job? How exactly is that already "outdated"?

Attached: 3453535.png (836x1111, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLUr3AHZihU
theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/
youtube.com/watch?v=qRqOg1Dq5K4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He means that 95%+ of Michael Scott's jokes would have women, niggers and trannies up in arms if it were released today.

Please guy who makes more money from one shitty movie nobody watches or remembers, tell the working class that they should just appreciate being able to work because Drumpf has made the economy so bad.

I bet he doesnt think that when he's cashing the royalty checks from how popular the show still is

only morons watched it anyways

Giving a shit about some bloggers opinion is also outdated.

But even then, Michael was always portrayed as being in the wrong and totally ignorant and that was the joke. It was literally a bunch of tolerant, woke people watching a bumbling racist naive fool make an idiot out of himself. That sounds like leftist humor heaven.

he's not talking about being a bumbling boss. There's a million office ripoffs in that sense.

He's talking about all the shit michael said that would be seen as racist / sexist now.

>Darryl writes a theme song for the dunder miffilin commercial
>Michael walks in
>Uhhhh I thought this was gonna be a rap....

This isn't a blogger's opinion, this is Steve Carell's opinion. How else do you screencap an interview unless it's from an article or a tweet? Should I print it out and take a picture?

The show wasn't edgy at all and 99% of people in real life don't give a shit about SJW crap despite what /pol/ and literal who bloggers would have you believe.

Context doesn't matter to social justice nuts.

Do you think these people are capable of analytical reasoning?

That's what xir said!

These nuts have to be watching something. If not a show that shits on an ignorant straight white man, what the hell are they watching?

this.
leftists NPCs are programmed and conditioned to respond to certain stimuli in a certain way. humor and context are irrelevant.

>white man say bad word
>me ANGRY

believe it or not, zoomers don't really watch TV

Back in the day you could have a character portray something negative, then the joke was "ha ha, look how backwards this character is." Now you're not even allowed to to portray something negative, or say something ironically. Depicting a racist, even in a negative light, is racism because at some point there was racism on the screen.

I mean, these people have yet to boycott South Park off the air. So they must not be as outraged as people think.

Because Michael is still loveable at the end of the day and that wouldn't fly

see

Watch Superstore.
It's basically a modernized The Office with all humor removed, and they work in a WalMart.

>with all humor removed
Is it? Shit. I saw some previews of it and thought about checking it out.

South Park is a pozzed SJW mouthpiece now, why would they boycott it?

Their too busy trying to get Netflix to take down the Chapelle special.

If the other user's entire point was that "any racism on screen makes SJWs rage", then Cartman mocking Jews would be seen as not O-K the same way Apu isn't anymore.

>Is it? Shit. I saw some previews of it and thought about checking it out.

It's "jokey" in the sense that something happens, and there's a beat pause of awkward silence, and you go
>oh this is the part where I'm supposed to laugh.

It's okay just to have something inoffensive on in the background as you eat dinner with the family or something.

South Park has been blamed for Trump and the Altright by Vice and wokefag journalists despite shitting on Trump and criticizing his supporters in multiple seasons. But South Park is like teflon so nobody really tries to take them on.
If someone said they wanted it cancelled and were gaining serious support, they would make an autistic season long arc to call that person stupid and defend themselves.

South Park is the biggest success that Comedy Central has ever had by far even compared to The Daily Show. Before South Park, Comedy Central was a minor cable channel that no one cared about but some people occasionally watched because it was part of their cable package.

The Office was on prime time NBC. It wasn't even the top rated show on that channel for most years it was on, let alone top all time.

Completely different audiences.

The Office being taken off of Netflix was a huge blow.

The real problem with today's "climate" is that the people with the power to put shit to air think that a loud woke twitter minority represent people generally, which is statistically not true.

Name one episode in the last two seasons where Cartman mocks Jews. It's a different show now, written almost entirely by women. Matt and Trey have little to no input, they're just cashing in the checks.

youtube.com/watch?v=hLUr3AHZihU

Does this count? Pretty sure this was last season.

It's ok he burned the US flag.

Making an alternative, OP. Except make the "bumbling boss" Trump.

This
theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/

That's not really mocking Jews though, it's not nearly in the same vein as the Jew gold episode. It's just showing them dancing and the butt of the joke is still Cartman. The entire premise of this scene is Cartman getting cucked by Kyle.

I'm pretty sure during that whole Heidi arc where he thinks Kyle is cucking him, he calls Kyle a sneaky Jew.

Yeah, for the thousandth time. They're pulling their punches and they have been for years.

>not posting an archived link
not clicking.

Old Cartman arranged a kid's parents to be shot and killed by a redneck farmer, grinds their corpses into raw meat, organizes a town chili tasting competition, cooks the dead parents into his chili entry, feeds it to the other kid, and had also arranged for Radiohead to be present to call the kid a crybaby for crying when he ate the chili. All because the other kid owed him a few dollars.

New Cartman calls the guy that he thinks is trying to steal his first girlfriend away from him a sneaky Jew.

Yup. Cartman is just as bad as always.

It wouldn't work because there is an entire industry built around tearing down everything in society. Even though it represents a small number of people it is blasted out across the media by the rich.

not all bad

youtube.com/watch?v=qRqOg1Dq5K4

That episode was six years ago.

and still in the years people bitch about

what are you talking about? who is bitching and what years?

Steve Carell didn’t say that part though. That’s the fucking faggot blogger writing the first paragraph.

>How exactly is that already "outdated"?
thin skin retards like

Attached: Capture.png (671x870, 69K)

Well the office was mostly white and straight people. (Which seemed to actually represent the nation racial population). These days shows and movies are all about egalitarianism. Well I’m that, less white/straight people =better.

kek
underrated

He means he doesn't want to do a reboot and is too much of a coward to just admit it.

He feels he's too good for comedy now

They say the word "faggy" one episode

He didn't even want to make a cameo for the final episode, why would he want to do a soulless reboot?

>There was a point in time you could say Faggy and Retard on primetime TV

Those were the good ol' days.

Todays climate you cant even make people uncomfortable

Both versions of the Office are terrible because they ultimately portray David Brent and Michael Scott as sympathetic when in fact most Americans and Britons would like to murder their bosses

It wouldn't be popular today because it's 2019 and life sucks

All the whiny bitches in this thread seem pretty uncomfortable

>most Americans and Britons would like to murder their bosses
That's the whole premise of The Office though.

Oh, you mean like you're doing right now?