Just saw this without having seen the TV show and I have some thoughts

Just saw this without having seen the TV show and I have some thoughts
>All around solid music. Maybe only one or two personal misses. Much better than I expected for a made for TV cartoon musical
>The animation was incredibly selective. Most action scenes were so smooth they almost felt out of place when the rest of it looked so generic, including some movements that just looked awful.
>Very good job at recapping the show, I never felt confused as to what was going on even though there were parts I clearly didn't grasp the full context of (the part everyone was "rebooted" felt like it was supposed to be some sort of fanservice I just couldn't appreciate)
>The villian is very very enjoyable to watch and sympathetic. Probably the best cartoon antagonist I have seen in a while
>on the flip side of that, Stevens mother came off as a GIANT cunt in the little time we saw of her. I don't know if that was deliberate but if not it's massive points off
>Steven and his dad fusing into such a hyper sexualized character was a little weird, but good character design and probably the best musical number in the movie save for the finale which honestly blew me away.
>Very little SJW stuff. Aside from the song I mentioned above being about pearl being her own woman, which seemed a bit on the nose despite making a bit more sense in context. I was really surprised by this based on what I knew about the series
>The art style is still shit but I found Steven more tolerable than I expected

Makes me wish I had watched the series beforehand because there is clearly a lot to enjoy about the film at least, despite what the show is like. I MIGHT check out season 1 at some point but now it feels a bit unnecessary since the movie spoils what I would assume are some pretty big twists.

Solid 8/10 from someone who hasn't seen the show. For reference, Zim got an 8.5 and Rocco got a 6

/Blogpost

Attached: steven-universe-the-movie.163857.jpg (1600x2400, 418K)

It was ok, S1 is solid everything past that is not. Watch it if you got nothing else to do. And Stevens mom did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1539153380221.gif (540x304, 791K)

Wrong board, faggot.

Attached: 1568006842562.jpg (1054x1117, 87K)

This is the movie board faggot. This isn't even a like, cartoon discussion thread. It's a widely released movie and it deserves to be treated as such

>Makes me wish I had watched the series beforehand because there is clearly a lot to enjoy
No.

>Ignoring the rest of the sentence just to argue about something.

Don't be a faggot

the first season is ok. I'll give it a 7 or 8 but the rest is absolute unwatchable garbage, Don't waste your time

Attached: 1526427800914.gif (554x400, 120K)

get out

Attached: 1567968446920.png (232x226, 61K)

>lead character is a hetro male
>enemies are a totalitarian matriarchal society
>continually btfo'd by Steven
>they realise he's boss and make him the leader
i don't understand why everyone is so pissed off with this show

I watched the scene with the "Other Friends" song and it was pretty catchy.

I'm never going to watch this movie or the show though.

Would have been better if it ended with Spinel going yandere for Steven again and having a sloppy makeout session together

What kind of person actually watches shit like this? MLP crowd?

Tumblr: the cartoon

the only person ive seen irl who was openly into it was some emasculated hipster who just talked about how its was great and inspiring to the faggot community for some reason

>duhhhhh i just saw this
Yeah, no. You're the same faggot whose been spamming Yea Forums with this gay calarts shit for the past week.

Attached: 1566090075707.jpg (1422x1626, 170K)

LGBT propaganda mixed with bad art and a very weak plot. There isn't much to like about the show honestly.
Queers and bored people. Everyone I know who watches it is a lesbian.

>It’s a “intentionally retarded take to try to gaslight people into thinking SU is le based le redpilled” episode

EVERY THREAD

Children in adult bodies

but that's exactly what happens, i don't even like the show

Yeah ok fag

Learn to take a joke

oh, sorry, yeah, it's about gays making lesbians suck their grans off while rubbing glass in jesus' wounds, i bum this show so hard, honesty has set me free you daft prick

It’s unfunny and overdone

ey whats the deal. isnt that the robot from the teenage robot show? is this a crossover? ive never seen steven universe. is this normal?

>Woman
>Problem glasses
>Tattoos
>Dressed like going to the store
>Shitty art style
>"It's just a cartoon" excuse

These people don't really respect their jobs like the cartoonists of the Golden Age did, do they?

Attached: 2343254235345.png (2386x1256, 1.85M)

i was wondering, with all the constant recapping the movie did, if it would be enjoyable without even having seen the tv show, gud to know

No, they dont even respect themselves

The poster just makes her look weird

Attached: she_groove.gif (366x305, 3.38M)

sneed

iirc there was a TERRIFIC troll tumblr called "Steven universe improved" where this guy would be all earnest and dorky like a typical deviantart autist, but make edits of characters to lighten their skin tone or male them thinner.
>hey guys! played around with Pearl today, maded her look even better by giving her long hair to make her look pretty! :) :)

Attached: DSr0v-yWAAA1buz.png (800x1200, 579K)

I love Spinel so much

You will never be a woman user :)

Attached: 1566385089266.jpg (781x522, 74K)

Someone on the SU staff seriously needs to get over their mommy issues. I don't know if it's Rebecca Sugar who has the problems, but damn.

>this man singlehandly took down the leader of an alien super race with the power of his cock alone

Drag your tranny shit back to Yea Forums and take your fag propaganda with you.

Attached: 1478054525204.png (350x499, 223K)

Attached: 1537069712826.jpg (601x599, 77K)

Attached: 1537501519081.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>omg cartoons are on cartoons are on

Attached: 1545250600779.png (248x203, 6K)

Attached: 1537844918379.jpg (1974x1080, 269K)

Attached: 1550697938575.jpg (1000x667, 79K)

Attached: DLtQ8IUVYAApYC7.jpg (1200x1200, 131K)

I would. I bet she'd be down for anything.

Attached: please let this be a normal field trip.png (644x3129, 1.99M)

Go and fuck yourself, faggot.

have sex, loser

Haha what if Steven did a thing that's basically the Gem version of sex with his female friend and then his dad haha that wouldn't be creepy and weird at all for a kids show haha

WHAT, ME HETERO?

>he doesn't watch cartoons

Your life must suck

It looks like something they would have made for 9 year old girls in the 80s

Its painfully cringey when I assume its adults posting clips from this thing and claim its great

you must have to be the very essence and stereotype of the creepy reject to even admit watching this even anonymously

I feel like I might be too cynical sometimes but not when it comes to stuff like this, grow up

Attached: hmmmmm.jpg (248x203, 7K)

>your life must suck

Attached: 1559179511543.png (454x520, 11K)

>Yea Forums tranny stumbled into Yea Forums again
begone faggot

>look mom I posted the funny meme again

>he replies with soijacks
dilate

God damn these are some ugly fucks.

so in Yea Forums discuss movies? look this boards has always hate this tranny shit why push it where is hated? co loves this shit go spam there feel free to dilatate.

is so obvious you aren't a Yea Forums regular, just get back to Yea Forums, discord or whatever tranny safe space you came from.

whats more embarrassing is how they play it off as something normal even in this thread

And now you think I read all this shit you stupid tranny?

Why can't these fuckers draw?

>implying watching cartoons as an adult is normal

>Quick, everybody on the couch!

Attached: 1568046672970.jpg (1024x710, 56K)

What the fuck would make anyone watch this show?

There is. Go check out the show. It's pretty good.

The music

It's a good movie

Attached: IMG_20190903_173052.jpg (540x331, 29K)

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Attached: 1550962085027.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

Attached: 1505745231703.png (1080x1029, 154K)

My 10 year old brother. And even he said he didn't like the movie.