Which movie kicked off the superhero Hollywood craze?

which movie kicked off the superhero Hollywood craze?

Attached: 9988c173398acb3787353d6e7d7ea40a.jpg (947x1474, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/stan-lee-favorite-superhero-movie-spider-man/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. YOU MEAN: «WHAT», NOT: «WHICH».

2. «X MEN» (2000).

I know what I meant bitch

Yeah X Men did it, got everyone into gradually doing more stuff with Superheroes until we hit critical mass with Avengers.

Batman 89 to some extend but mostly X-Men and Spider-Man.

Also, Jessica Alba was hot as fuck in these movies.

It was fuckin Avengers you retarded thots stop saying your favorite movie did it and be objective for the first time in your life no the 2000’s superhero movies don’t count it wasn’t a craze

>the 2000’s superhero movies don’t count it wasn’t a craze
t. born in 1999

Spider-Man (2002)

Anyone who says otherwise is a moronic fanboy or MCU cuck.

It's not x-men cause that finished 9th at the worldwide box office. Spider-Man was the first movie in history to make over 100 million in it's opening weekend.

Blade

No.

All wrong.
This. Hollywood gave up on capeshit after Batman and Robin. Blade brought back capeshit.

This. When Spider-Man domestically beat Star Wars Episode II, Lord of the Rings II and Harry Potter II by almost $100 million each.

Although they were still making the campy batman movies in the 90's, I think the crow showed studios peeps could handle sumthin more serious.. That was when the comic book movie matured sonewhat. Then, came x-men.

It’s Iron Man, not Spiderman. Spiderman was big but not any other superhero movies that followed.

The Incredible Hulk, niglets. It had the Iron Man after credits tease. Yeet.

This

Batman '89

I'm pretty sure society just became more infantile

The original Batman you underaged dumb fucks

Iron Man had the Nick Fury tease first dumbass.

>Nick Fury
wtf i love capeshit now

You gotta be 18+ to post here kiddo.
Why don't you take your superhero movies and go back to playing fortnite?

>t. wishful thinking tarbabies
Hollywood didn't give up on Batman.

>not Superman (1978)
Underage detected

Attached: boomboom.jpg (840x472, 115K)

Gotta be X-Men 2

Attached: Wedding.gif (294x423, 2.92M)

Everybody’s gonna have a different answer to this question based off of when their favorite superhero movies were. I’d say X-Men and Spider-Man really brought capeshit back after Joel Schumacher fucking killed it, and the Dark Knight Trilogy kept it alive until Marvel happened. Marvel’s gonna be the biggest superhero franchise of all time until another one comes along, because superhero movies have thousands of comics worth of source material, and have shown time and time again that they’re immensely profitable. They’ve never really stopped making them for that reason.

This. X-men and the original Spiderman. We're talking block busters with great summer soundtracks.

Blade was a cool vampire movie, most had no idea it was based on a comic book.

>Which movie kicked off the superhero Hollywood craze?

Hmm let's ask Stan Lee

movieweb.com/stan-lee-favorite-superhero-movie-spider-man/

"I think my favorite comic book movie was the first one that was such a hit, the first Spider-Man. After that [Spider-Man], everything else seemed easy."

Don't ask anymore stupid questions.

Attached: bMNGaF.gif (480x270, 2.68M)

The correct answer and Yea Forums claims to be RLM fans.

>and the Dark Knight Trilogy kept it alive until Marvel happened

I think the Dark Knight and Iron Man came out the same year too

This movie marked the point when cgi was good enough for cape films to be realized well enough to entertain mainstream audiences.

This. Spider-Man 2002 was the first that really captured the mainstream audiences, had the merchandise to back it up, and had the hype, something X-Men never really had. The early days of capeshit also meant that all movies basically had to star A-listers or were forgotten about.

The Crow

First Superman movie, then Batman, then Ninja Turtles, then The Crow, then spider-man/xmen combo.

Spider-man.