I'm watching Blade Runner tonight for the first time since childhood. Which cut should I watch?

I'm watching Blade Runner tonight for the first time since childhood. Which cut should I watch?

Attached: h.jpg (768x433, 46K)

U.S. theatrical release

Watch ONCE the theatrical then the Final Cut every other time.
There is other way.

Don't bother. Jump straight to Blade Runner 2.

The Final Cut is the definitive version.
Btw prepare to be disappointed because the original Blade Runner is dull and boring. 2049 is superior in every way

Attached: image0.jpg (600x631, 81K)

The unicorn cut

Why falseflagging like this? Out of ideas?

Same. I picked final cut

Final cut. Ridley himself said it was his preferred cut so might as well experience the director's "vision" of what he wanted to movie to be

The original Blade Runner is genuinely a boring film

Final Cut

I don't really like either Blade Runner film but I enjoy the way they look and feel.

Can confirm.

I understand the impact that the original had on the science fiction genre as a whole. But damn is this movie boring and a snooze fest to get through.

Attached: 1484898521945.jpg (415x351, 85K)

Watch the ryan gosling version

My beef with the original Blade Runner is that it's basically a film noir detective story in a sci-fi setting first. It only PRESENTS or HINTS at the themes from the novel instead of exploring them. Blade Runner 2049 actually explores its themes, while doing a better job of mixing the philosophical questions with the action scenes and plot. The original should still absolutely be watched thought, if only for the tears in the rain monologue

ok kid

They are very similar, they both HINT a lot of things btw.
Try harder.

2049 actually explores its questions, it's what accounts for the 3+ hour runtime

I’d go with the Donner cut

Anything but theatrical.

It really is. Perfect movie to make you fall asleep less than 30 minutes in.

>It's not often you see the best post being the first one, but in this thread it happened.

Attached: blade-runner-harrison-ford.jpg (669x520, 63K)

I presume you're talking about the theatrical cut, in which case you're totally correct. I had my mind fucking blown when the director's cut was released. I read most of Dick's novels after that.

My advice to anyone is to watch the director's or the final.

uncut, heh

Took me 3 tries watching this movie.
I kept falling asleep

don't even watch theatrical cut. Just go straight for Final Cut and never look back.

>Releases Director's Cut
>Releases Preferred Cut
Hey, fuck that guy. Watch the original.

Just like with Star Wars or anything else. You make something and put it out there and it becomes a big phenomenon, for christ's sake don't ruin a success.