Tfw only one franchise of pirate movies

>tfw only one franchise of pirate movies
>and only the first one is kino

arrggg, feels bad me maties

Attached: tmp_DCkc8f_7b150b25a047925f_MCDPIOF_EC028.jpg (2048x888, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdBNVY55oM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first 2 sequels are kino

Not him but still a pretty big drop, it's like
1 >> 2 = 3 >>>> 4 >> 5
yagg sbaro :DDD

They're fun.

> Kill me and this meme amigo

Attached: 1506108681481s.jpg (159x250, 6K)

They fell victim to the superhero movie complex, which dictates that every threat in every sequel needs to be bigger and badder than the previous one. It gets tough when you already have world-ending threats, so you just come up with more varieties of them and it gets boring.

the yag sbarro one felt like it was made by people who WATCHED the first movie. it superficially resembled Pirates but was a giant pile of shit lacking any soul or creativity

HOLASBARRO

Attached: 1552436584661.jpg (500x555, 31K)

But the threat in movie 2 and 3 is the same, so how can it possibly apply to the original trilogy? And the threat in 4 and 5 is clearly not as big as the one in 2 and 3.

Is the Maelstrom Climax in the third movie as kino as I remember it being?

pirates are iconic as fuck and yet so underused, very sad

I've only seen the first one, I was just guessing.

2 is definitely better than 3, and arguably almost as good as 1. Agree with the rest though.

Are they still planning to move forward with that god awful idea for a live action One Piece adaptation?

this... is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow

Johnny Depp' English accent in these films are low key the greatest attempts at said accent by an American in cinematic history.

Elizabeth Swann was peak Keira Knightley

Attached: elizabeth-swann-38459-1920x1200.jpg (1920x1200, 559K)

is any nationality good at british accents? seems like you need to be deeply mentally ill to attempt it

There were iconic moments, but the 2nd and 3rd being cash ins tonally removed from the 1st is quite jarring.
Even the 4th one had pretty good scenes with the spanish and barbossa.

Why did he like Sbarro pizza so much?

>perfect white cute and virginal
>the only girl
how many times she was raped in the Black Pearl?

Attached: Elizabeth.png (657x421, 253K)

You tell me. I always wonder how she got lucky enough not to have a train run on her

I personally prefer the 2nd one, come at me.

>perfectly white
>brown eyes

At least Master and Commander is pure sailing kino, though it doesn't have pirates

Yeah. It still holds up.

What are some good pirate themed kinography? I fucking love pirates sailing on the open sea, burdened by nothing but the thieves they be.

>/pol/tard
yikes

black sails is good

Muppets Treasure Island
Black Sails
AC4: Black flag if you’re into vidya, if not just watch the cutscenes on youtube

based

t. shit eyed mudraces
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the undead crew took no pleasure in anything they were waiting til they were relieved of the curse. 'waste not.'

>2 is definitely better than 3, and arguably almost as good as 1
3 is hot trash and 2 is mediocre failed potential. 2 doesn't hold a candle to 1. It's not even close.

If you can't play the game why would you ever watch the cutscenes? Assassin's Creed has fucking TERRIBLE writing and an AWFUL plot, which is just stupid and ridiculous beyond all comprehension.

The gameplay is the ONLY reason you should touch an AC game.

2 > 1 > 3 >> 5 >>> 4

Attached: 1535378406775.gif (308x224, 1.7M)

>2 > 1
awful taste

It's true though so my only conclusion is that it's you who has awful taste :)

reddit-tier ranking, shit taste confirmed

>The look on Jack’s face when he shoots Barbosa
Fucking kino. Shame later movies made him into le wacky goof 100% of the time.
Black Pearl worked because it was a classic revenge story hidden beneath comedy and a charismatic lead. There was no such underlying structure in future installments

No, it's good taste because it's my taste :)

Black Flag clearly intentionally scaled back on all the stupid AC shit and a good 80% of the game or so is purely about the pirates

Attached: 2013-12-03_00008.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

2nd this

It was a solid 8/10 for me.

Attached: 1329799658203.png (480x480, 96K)

>black sails
I regret dismissing this show because it looked worse than Spartacus which I only half liked anyway. It's actually kino, S1e5 and the S1 finale in particular was top tier boats.

These movies are fucking confusing

The first one is the only one worth watching. 2 is okay, 3 is eh. After that, who cares.

I like 1,2, and 4. 3 was too serious for me if I recall and the latest one wasn’t that fun, actually really boring.

t. retard

naw, the second movie is better. Davey Jones and his crew of monsters was kino. still some of the most amazing cg ever put on screen.

Marathoning the first three makes for an absolutely kino pirate day

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdBNVY55oM

Captain Blood is essential buccaneerkino

I was 12

Her cleavage was beautiful, semen demon

Treasure Planet

One Piece

1 is the best, 4 is second best. these two stand out as the best films in the series because they're both self-contained stories that contain the character of jack incidentally, which is the proper use of the character, instead of him being the focal point of a large overarching story with recurring characters.

2 and 3 were too large and bloated and also flanderized almost every character. everything felt too forced and too familiar and there wasn't the feeling of adventure that the first movie had.

by the time 5 rolled around they were just out of steam and ideas and it really seemed like depp was tired of the character. can't blame him.

1 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 5

droopy botox face