Luke failed as a Jedi and died

>Luke failed as a Jedi and died
>Palpatine is still alive

So basically Darth Vader died for nothing and the original trilogy and prequel trilogy were meaningless?

Attached: star-wars-rise-skywalker-poster-rips-off-hot-toys-palpatine.jpg (1052x777, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rtLcKOLhAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No man can defeat him

Only a strong powerful white woman can defeat him

It's comic book logic infecting everything. No villain is ever dead forever, they just come back over and over again. Or:
>nobody's ever really gone.

Luke is gone. Han is gone.

Luke is already confirmed back for Episode 9 and there'll be a Han cameo as well I bet.

He died to save his son and redeem himself. This has not changed

To be fair, the "beloved" eu books did that too

what's the point of anything anymore?

We don’t know at what capacity he is back, but even Palpatine without the force is a threat, especially if he finds a small group of Sith/Empire fanatics to help him crush the First Order and claim Rey’s power.

In EU books luke did not fail and Palpatine had a xanatos gambit that paid in thew end, however Luke victory over the Empire was never undone

shareholder dividends. you want art, go to the village

who cares what the European Union's books say?

Just pretend everything besides the OT never happened

No, because no one with a brain aknoledges Disney Wars as part of the canon.

No. JJ is trying to fuck up rj's bullshit setup from the last movie. And I can't blame him.

Fuck rj

This could be said for all of the OT characters. What did blowing up deathstars do when the empire was still just as strong 20+ years later? It was ruined from the start.

Attached: 56613564.jpg (600x300, 21K)

Yes shut up goy, you like sheev so shut and watch

Don't ask questions. Just consume product and then be excited for next product.

Dont forget Leia, she's really gone tho

>Palpatine came back in the old EU continuity
>LEGENDS SUCKS I'M GLAD DISNEY GOT RID OF TI
>Palpatine comes back in the Disney canon in an even stupider way
>WTF? I CLAPPED WHEN PALPATINE CAME BACK
I fucking hate Disney fanboys.

but isn't darth vader also not really gone

but Clone Wars is amazing.
and I even like the prequels now.

Lucas was very money minded, but still could do lucrative without being soulless.

Attached: bigger-mess.jpg (500x281, 46K)

The irony is that except maybe for Loki, villains in capeshit flicks tend to stay dead.

Clone Wars is good, but don't even pretend the prequels are even ok

Nuwars is fanfiction. Stop reading into it.

Friendly Reminder that if you like Star Wars at all you're s*y, nu or old Star Wars are both for man children

Attached: 1736488474.png (246x205, 18K)

Fuck this shitty argument and everyone who parrots it. Yeah, Vader still sacrificed himself for his son. But back in ‘83, it was more than that. He saved his son /and/ saved the galaxy as well. It was ironically a pretty big (((subversion))) that it was the bad guy who ended up saving the world.
You can not argue that his death has not been diminished in any way. While his sacrifice for his son is still intact, everything else he accomplished through this sacrifice is undone. The empire just /comes back/ and all these characters who were initially freed by his sacrifice end up dying alone as miserable failures. This isn’t debatable.

I hope they just go full Tumblr when writing this thing
>that's right I came back to life because a politician you didn't like won an election and I harnessed the HATE
>during the final battle a Doctor Strange portal opens and both Fetts appear
>"Sam and Dean used the Colt to get us out of hell, and now we're here to redeem ourselves!"
>CGI fight with shit choreography ensues
>rap or dadrock plays when the heroes start to win
>after the credits the Doctor Who box appears and a big fat lesbian waltzes out
>"Did someone call for a doctor?"

Attached: Lando-Calrissian-Cloud-City-Administrator.jpg (1400x700, 95K)

Rebels suck at everything. How does anyone follow these incompetents?
>deathstar rebuilt as a multiple planet killing machine
>empire reborn and on killing rampage
>emperor is back
Bang up job rebels, if this wasnt a predictable story where their victory was asured through a shallow plot then they would have dissolved.

correct. Everything that happened in movies 4-6 is meaningless, the Empire comes back bigger and stronger just 20 years later and succeeds in blowing up an entire solar system. The measly death star that could only blow up one planet at a time, and took 3 movies to destroy completely, pales in comparison to StarKiller base which exists only because the writers were too lazy to come up with anything else. There is no happy ending in ROTJ anymore

The nu-Disney trilogy completely fucked over the existing lore, themes, accomplishments and character arcs that were established & concluded in the previous 2 trilogies.

Would've unironically preferred having Darth Jar Jar appear as the real final boss than this shit. At least Darth JarJar makes sense and would be a decent twist that ties all 3 trilogies together in its own right.

Attached: jarjarsenate.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

doesn’t even matter if they win at this point, because who’s to say the bad guys won’t just come back once again after another thirty in-universe years

why the fuck does anyone still care about star wars, the movies don’t even care about themselves anymore

Based Sheev dabbing on the jedi legacy.

They're ok.

>The Emperor envokes the power of a dark entity in a galaxy far far away and far into the future, he merges with Donald Trump and only Rey, Finn and Kylo can defeat Drumpf.
>After successfully defeating Donald Drumpf at the peak of the Death Trump Star Hotel in Scotland Kylo sits and watches as Finn impreginates Rey and then abandons her when she reveals her pregnancy who will grow up to spur the next trilogy of films.

Thanks, Disney.

Don't forget the droid lies matter abortion is retconned into the millennium falcon now.

This, the nu-Falcon AI is now a fucking feminist. You just can't make that shit up.

No one's ever really gone

Thanos died twice in the same movie

There has to be a point where people look at a franchise and they put their foot down and say,

>No, I don't accept this, I don't want this. I choose not to acknowledge this.

Star Wars was perfectly fucking fine with just three movies, a bad holiday special and the extended universe novels, any one of which is miles better written than the shit kids read today.

The rest of this was never necessary. The prequels were the least necessary backstory imaginable AND ruined the Force AND made Darth Vader one of the lamest character arcs in fucking history

rey and friends are about to lose, but then elizabeth warren appears ready to finish the fight

Attached: 5779891423_561ba1c458_b.jpg (720x405, 52K)

>see OP's image
>people keep saying it is the official poster for the film
>watch our favourite reddit group, Reddit Letter Memeia
>they too say it is the official poster when it isn't the poster despite claiming to be experts who look further than the average film goer
>they ignore all the other times that Disney has released non-official poster images like that because they're hacks
I wonder if they've become infected with Yea Forums's retardation or Yea Forums has become infected by theirs.

Attached: retarded .jpg (1024x1024, 164K)

and all the droids are slaves and only ever helped the heroes because of their restraining bolts. R2 never liked luke.

>no MAN

Attached: 7477475.png (277x277, 109K)

If they actually pull this shit...

Attached: 1566529881980.jpg (334x372, 30K)

Luke is a flashback

They have good stuff in them, dumb contrarian

>So the prophecy is true
youtube.com/watch?v=4rtLcKOLhAQ
I like how the ST completely undid George's story.

Attached: 1545959046499.jpg (1248x2645, 236K)

He wasn't though. Tolkien specifically wrote the scene in reply to Macbeth, because he was disappointed that the prophesy was just referencing a C section rather than a woman.

Wait seriously?

>ruined the Force
How exactly did they do that? I agree with everything else you said but that's just retarded.

It's a meme you dip

I just want to know what made George think the Midochlorians were something he needed to explain, why is it every single time they talk about the force in movies after the OG, they keep demystifying it further?

Korra did this same shit and it was completely rejected by everybody. Demystification is fucking shit writing. it's explaining something that didn't need explaining

Anakin was to destroy the Sith. Redeemed by his son, he kills Palpatine, and dies himself. The Sith are gone. Luke is the last living Jedi and the religion will die with him. With no more combating sides, The Force just is, neutral, at peace.
Just kidding Palpatine is still alive.

How is Han coming back? Luke is one of like 5 guys who can "survive" death, and they're all Jedi.

Based

Except it doesn't "Demystify" the force at all you knucklehead. Midochlorians are just parasites that are attracted to the force, so you can use them to get a vague reading on how connected to the force something is, but the keyword being vague. They aren't LITERALLY the force, that's a bunch of bullshit whisper-down-the-isle effect that's been taking place ever since TPM came out. Go back and watch that scene again. The mystery of the force is still perfectly intact.

Not him but I never really felt like the midichlorians demystifified anything. Obi-Wan says in the first movie that it's an energy field created by all living things.

Clone Wars is zoomer trash, and the only prequel that exists is Revenge of the Sith. Fact.

that's dumb and you know it's dumb

>Korra did this same shit and it was completely rejected by everybody
They did? I watched that whole show and don't remember anything like that. Then again I was pretty bored and not really paying as much attention as I should have.

What's really dumb is getting bent out of shape for 20 years over a line in a movie that you misunderstood.

... Do you not remember the entire part with the original avatar, and Rava, and the giant turtles, and all of that shit?

>letting bad movies invalidate good movies
user, "canon" is for autists.

Oh shit now I do. Yeah that was pretty stupid. The original guy himself seemed like a chill dude but those few episodes were really dumb and out of nowhere. I never knew the fanbase hated it though, I never knew anybody else who was into avatar so I didn't really have any other points of reference.

This is what happens when you write a universe instead of a story. You're not supposed to know what happens after Return of the Jedi: the story's done.

>Luke died as the most powerful Jedi who ever existed
>Palpatine isn't even alive
Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

i don't blame you for forgetting, the creator commentaries literally say even they felt like none of the emotional weight was really there for anything they did in s2 and they were justpushing through it because they wanted to draw cool stuff

>yfw episode 9 is having reshoots
AHAHAHAHAHA THE MOUSE IS FUGGED

dude everybody has the Force lmao

>Luke is dead

>How is Han coming back?
some sort of hallucination or vision when Kylo is struggling with the light and dark. there's been a rumor for months that Harrison Ford filmed one scene.

>Luke is dead

Attached: 1540709758134.jpg (862x778, 101K)

Because one of the major underlying themes in the prequels was the dehumanization and objectification of people.

At their core, the Clone Wars were essentially about two enslaved, objectified, "sentient" races slaughtering each other in an inevitably pointless conflict with no wining side.
Anakin was objectified by the Jedi who shamed and repressed his humanity, while Palpatine literally manipulated and objectified said humanity for his own, personal gain.

The point was that Midichlorians were supposed to de-mistify the force, because it showed just how impersonal, apathetic and inhumane the Jedi and The Repulic had become. It got so fucking bad that a person's entire worth - all of their potential actions, dreams, force potential, determination, beliefs, characteristics and etc. - could be ignored and discarded through a fucking DNA scan.

Attached: 23453w469e5465e.png (371x453, 169K)

Pretty neat. You'd think Ford would be completely over Star Wars though.

Gotta destroy the horcruxes... Err, I mean, Forcecruxes, to be able to kill him once and for all.

What do you think the next trilogy is about, shitlord?

>Pretty neat. You'd think Ford would be completely over Star Wars though.
true, but maybe he liked working with JJ. if he does appear, his "ghost" better be wearing his ANH outfit.

Why didn't Liam Neeson just pull out his lightsaber and just take the part he needed along with Anakin and his mom? Is it part of the jedi code that they have to respect slavers property rights? Does that Luke and Leia bad guys for killing Jabba the Hutt?

You do realize that in the expanded universe Palpatine came back multiple times.

His spirit lives on and his force power is incredibly strong. This means he can take over a new body.

He had a whole factory of clones that were pretty much blank slates and his spirit would take over them.

Pretty much. Unless you pretend the new trilogy doesn’t exist.

>still watching /S/oy Wars
have a free sneed

Attached: 1564970174699.jpg (185x243, 16K)

And that is why I'm gone.

tst

Attached: nature.jpg (1600x1200, 372K)

TFA invalidated 1-6. TLJ invalidated TFA. Star Wars has become utterly meaningless tripe under Disney and Kennedy.

Bruh you made me like midichlorians

>muh childhood heroes all died

Can't you manchildren ever move on?

Why are you being willfully obtuse? Jedi don't use violence except in self-defense or the defense of others.

Its true, all of it

You mean the Ashoka show?

Are you fucking retarded? They cloned palpatine in the legends more than once. And he comes back in this and suddenly disney us ruining everything?

I feel like rescuing a woman from slavery counts as the defense of others.

He probably isn't still alive in the traditional sense.

Fuck JJ
Fuck RJ
Fuck KK

You could get someone fired for mentioning that, be careful..

Willfully obtuse it is.

dont forget leia and han have 3 children and name the third kid anakin.
ANAKIN. the one that destroyed leia's home planet and everyone on it?
AND leia never saw "her father" turn good at the end like luke did. she only saw vader torture her, her future husband, and then lock han in carbonite and sell him to jabba. plus chopping off luke's hand, murdering luke's parents (uncle owen) andddddd murdering all of leia's friends on the rebel ships after torturing them to death.

then, due to the empire falling after a second death star explosion (how did the entire empire fail after just one stupid ship goes blooey?), the first order came and destroyed 5 planets full of people.
so basically the rebels are responsible for alderaan, those 5 planets in TFA, all this shit...
over what? a trade dispute? fuckin space taxes? fuckin space taxes.
these movies are fuckin retarded.

The Jedi aren't crusaders.

Yet they fought in the clone wars for no reason

In defense of the Republic.

r2's bolt came off right before luke saw the message stupid

>And he comes back in this and suddenly disney us ruining everything?

With no thread in either of the the 2 mouse massacres? Really who gives a fuck about mouse wars at this point but yes. If the main villain of your trilogy is introduced (not introduced as the villain but as a fucking character in the world) in the last movie you are shit.

This post is fucking retarded.

Then why did they try to arrest the chancellor who didn't do anything illegal? I think Anakin was onto something when he talked about the jedi being evil from his perspective.

hi mouse

And we're back to being willfully obtuse.

>Disney runs the Star Wars franchise into shit
>those niggers actually paid 4 fucking billion dollarydoos for it
this shit is too much

Attached: 1566331895404.jpg (342x342, 56K)

Fuck the mouse, I can hate Disney and also tell when an user posts 2 paragraphs of stupid nonsense in an attempt to sound smart.

And FUCK the Fucking Diaz Brothers!

I just watched TLJ and I kind of liked it. Everything that everyone says is bad is bad but because I knew about all the bad stuff 2 years in advanced, I only focused on the good parts and had a decent time. If you edit out Holdo and Rose and ignore everything after Rey escapes the star destroyer except for the Luke scenes then the movie really isn't that bad. Not great, but not bad.

>Disney thought they could just take the Marvel route and hire a bunch shitty writers and directors to mass-produce a slew of of quip-filled movies on an annual basis
>thought they could just recycle OT elements without minimal room for word-building expansion while shitting on the legacies and events established from former installments and characters throughout the series
>they actually thought they could get away with all of this shit while the franchise was still recovering from the shitty prequel movies

>So basically Darth Vader died for nothing and the original trilogy and prequel trilogy were meaningless?
Yes, it ended with VI, everything afterwards is fan fiction.

>good parts

Attached: 1562712966268.gif (220x225, 55K)

Correct
>fuck inventing creative new stories in an established universe

>If you ignore everything bad it's not bad
Thanks for sharing user

>everything afterwards is fan fiction
About the "fan" thing...

Kylo and Rey's relationship was good. Any time Poe is doing things is fun and makes you wish the series was just about him. Luke wasn't as character assassinated as I was led to believe. That's about it.

It's just a movie and you can still watch ROTJ today and experience Vader's sacrifice as it was intended. Just like you can watch ANH and experience it as a stand alone movie. It's lazy storytelling, I agree, but who gives a fuck about the ""canon"" of any fictional universe? IT'S NOT REAL, experience it however you want. It's why I can still replay Jedi Outcast and love it, the old EU is my EU because I can get to pick and choose whatever I want.

I did after seeing the shit pile that is TLJ, never again

>if you cut out 75% of the film it's not that bad

Attached: 1564516933947.gif (400x418, 397K)

Obviously Rey or Kylo (but probably Rey) will turn out to be the really realest Chosen One. For real this time. Really.

It was supposed to go somewhere with Clone Wars, before George decided that Clones aren't going to have much to do with the Jedi after all.

Na, the story ended with Jedi. The Nu Trilogy is just Disney fanfic bullshit. I dont recognize it as canon.

No no you see, because Palpatine and Vader created their evil Empire, a counterbalance of light (thanks Rian) arose in the form of a poorly equipped, tiny little Rebellion whose only advantage was being the only non-retarded people in the entire galaxy. Once Sheev and Vader kicked the bucket, The Great Galactic Stupid descended on the heroes as well.

Qui Gonn literally tells Anakin that you interact with the force through midichlorians and to add salt to the wound does all but equals them to the force by saying that they penetrate and influence everything.

If you remove 50-75% of the film you'll get a decent, 90 min movie instead of the 3 hour shitfest it turned out to be. There is a good movie in there somewhere, its just buried under tons of trash.

>Luke believes in genocidal lunatic father
>doesn't believe in same but little boy
>fucks off and abandons everything he loves
Just stop trying to be "reasonable" it's one of the most egregious character assassination in film history

The original trilogy was rendered meaningless from the opening crawl of TFA. They defeated The Empire and reforged The Republic, but somehow The Empire came back stronger than ever except they're not The Empire, and The Republic forces are back to being scrappy rebels except they're not really rebels cause they're still fighting for the governing power. Oh and Luke was nowhere to be found during all of this.

There really is not, throughout the entire film writing (particularly characterization) is fucking appalling and the fight choreography may be the worst I have seen in a major blockbuster. What exactly, pray tell, is the diamond in the rough here? I am genuinely curious because as I see it, none of the intermingling and dreadfully dull subplots that the film is overflowing with have any point whatsoever.

Qui Gonn literally tells Anakin that you interact with the force through midichlorians
What's wrong with this? Some people think that the pineal gland is the organ that communicates with god.
>and to add salt to the wound does all but equals them to the force by saying that they penetrate and influence everything
No he doesn't.

In truth I just want to fuck the weird nun aliens.

In EU Palpatine had literally dozens of children, concubines, wifes... Honestly resurrecting him is a bit less offensive than having Palpatine's three eyed mutant son fight with Luke in a loincloth.

The Kylo Ren and Rey relationship and the cool X-Wing fights.

Too bad that, like every other good intent behind the Prequels, it was so poorly communicated and constantly undercut by George's own baffling writing choices. And while I agree it should have been a critique on the Jedi, even Qui-Gon Jinn, allegedly the realest Jedi of his time, still used blood tests. It also raises so many questions, like if you're not bothering to use the Force to feel out candidates anyway, why the fuck aren't you running blood tests on every politician in the Senate?That would've ferreted Palpatine out real quick.

Plus the idea of magic bacteria gatekeeping the Force is the dumbest fucking thing imaginable. What's connecting *them* to the Force, Mini-Midichlorians?

And if there's one thing the EU was known for, it was the universally high quality of storytelling.

>dumb contrarian
on how many levels of delusion are you on?

>Jar Jar was always destined to ruin Star Wars.

>star wars

Attached: oh... so you actually like this sh. movie....jpg (900x1333, 153K)

No, they STARTED the Clone Wars by rushing in to save their buddies. The entire conflict was completely unnecessary to begin with. The CSI had a vested interest in not actually kicking it off and leaving peacefully, so Dooku had to stoke the flames and it worked and it's incredible that no one blamed the Jedi from day one.

>Kylo and Rey's relationship was good.
Yeah, I like how Rey suddenly has a crush on the man who killed her new found father figure just one movie ago. God, the writing was shit in TLJ.

In a sense, the biggest critique of the Jedi is that they failed to protect the Republic, so the main question for writing the prequels was, how did they fail? Apparently the answer is that they did a bad job of bringing up Anakin. Which is also weird, since I seem to remember Obi-wan saying that Darth was seduced by the easy power of the Dark Side. When what he really meant to say was, he fell off the wagon because the Jedi were a bunch of dicks to him, and the future emperor became his surrogate father instead of Obi-wan himself.
But he was a good friend.

Even Qui-Gon was forced to practice and follow modernized Jedi standards at the time, but outside of that I agree with you. It's a good idea in theory and it ties in well with the prequels intended themes, but it was handled in such a fucking terrible way that the message flew over post peoples' heads Also good point about the Jedi never using it to identify Palpatine. That's actually such a fucking huge plot hole that I'm surprised it doesn't come up more often.

>suddenly
The movie was written by a retard, you can at least show some basic intelligence to understand the movie. Rey doesn't suddenly fall in love with him, she is slowly won over during their force bond. She calls him a monster yet, like all women, start to believe that she can fix him. It's a completely believable character arc because its basic female nature to believe that they can temper a man's nature. That, and Snoke outright says that he's been manipulating them into falling in love and the fact that her disillusionment with Luke pushes her into Kylo's arms.

IIRC they "started" the war at the behest of the Senate and after Obi-Wan's discovery of Dooku's intent. My point however was that the Jedi serve the republic. They can't just go around freeing all the slaves on non-republic worlds where slavery is legally and culturally allowed. The buck has to stop somewhere. Should they make exceptions? Perhaps, but Watto didn't appear to be violent or abusive towards his slaves, so Qui-Gon had no right to use violence or the threat of it against him.
All that said it's readily apparent in the prequels that the Jedi are too mired in the politics of republic and make several grave errors that contribute to their downfall.

>Kylo Ren and Rey relationship

Attached: 1566066165509.png (223x274, 64K)

While Anakin was on a bad road for many reasons the tipping point is his evil surrogate father's promise to teach Anakin the sith power to stop his wife from dying. Is that not a seduction by the power of the dark side?

>Watto
>Slave literally has her own rather nice house, and as far as I can tell doesn't actually do any work
>Her son helps around the shop, and has enough free time to make a race winning pod racer
Hes the nicest slaver in all of fiction

Do you retards honestly believe that moving from a metaphysical determined relationship to the force to a biologically determined relationship is not de facto demystifying?

You missed a key word, though: Obi-wan's diagnosis is that Darth was seduced by the EASY power of the dark side, not the unusual power. Besides which, Obi-wan wasn't aware of that conversation, and from everything Obi-wan was aware of, Darth's fall came about because of the political shitshow.

Yes that is believable, just not over the course of a few hours.

He knows enough to know Anakin wants to protect Padme. Also using the Jedis philosophy, trying to escape death instead of communing with the Force is "easy"

>You missed a key word, though: Obi-wan's diagnosis is that Darth was seduced by the EASY power of the dark side, not the unusual power
Obi-Wan never uses the word easy.
>Besides which, Obi-wan wasn't aware of that conversation, and from everything Obi-wan was aware of, Darth's fall came about because of the political shitshow
You're right, he wasn't aware of the particulars, which means from his point of view Anakin was simply seduced by the power of the dark side. Where's the hangup?

The whole Rey-Kylo romance is basically a retread on the Luke-Vader father/son relationship from the OT. Both Rey and Luke can sense that there's still some repressed good left Kylo and Vader, so they try to guilt-trip them into joining the light with unconditional forgiveness. But it doesn't work because both Kylo and Vader clearly know they're completely irredeemable to everyone else (which they are.)
So the finale's clearly going to end with Kylo sacrificing himself for Rey in some way or another.

We knew since the original movie that the force is an energy field that is created and sustained by all living things. If it's in everything then naturally is can be said to have a biological component, yes? Is spirituality demystified because I know for a fact that I have a heart in my chest instead of a candle?
By all means be upset about it, but the harmless mitochondrial parallel never demystified anything to me because the Force itself is still ultimately ethereal and unknowable.

Yes, thank you for pointing out that I'm using a metaphor. "Easy" money comes from committing crime, but it's not really easy or a good idea.
What Obi-wan tells Luke about Darth is that Darth chose the quick but dangerous way to power, and betrayed his fellow students in the process. This is not what happens in Revenge of the Sith. What actually happens, particularly from Obi-wan's point of view, is that Anakin gets put on the Council prematurely by the influence of Sheev, and the Jedi proceed to act like huge dicks to him. Anakin then proceeds to side with Sheev, not least because the Jedi hid their own plans from him and don't really make their case to Anakin. So Anakin is left dangling in the wind, between two political forces, and only one of them actually seems to give a shit about him personally.
Obi-wan was in the loop about enough of this that he would've been agonizing over it for the entirety of his voluntary exile on Tatooine, and what we're left with is that he lied to Luke not only about Darth's identity, but also the reasons for his fall. I guess, again, to paint the Jedi in an artificially positive light.

That's fine. Gives me more of a reason to ignore anything Disney has made.

Saying that it's an energy field created by all living things isn't biological, just like saying the souls dwells within the body makes it biological. So yes if I said "oh yeah your soul is actually a cluster of nerves at the base of the skull" that is demystifying. I'm not super upset about it, but I won't tolerate blatant dishonesty.

The smartest thing they could have done is just freed the woman and let her go on her way so Anakin would stop worrying about her so much and actually concentrate on being a Jedi.

I don't know what you mean by metaphor. You said that I missed a key word in Obi-Wan's diagnosis but I did not, you inserted a word that wasn't there. I apologize if I mistook your meaning.
Yes, Anakin's fall is instigated in part by his perceived mistreatment at the hands of the council, but I guess we must also examine Obi-Wan's words in light of the prequels. In the original movie it seems pretty clear-cut that Obi-Wan means that Vader was seduced by the power offered by the dark side. There was no indication that there were any other darksiders, for all we know Vader was the only one.
In light of the prequels however I think there are other ways this can be interpreted.
To be "seduced by the power of the dark side" could mean Sidious' coercion of Anakin, or Anakin's giving in to his emotions of fear, hate, anger, etc.; especially considering it stems from Anakin's feelings of jealousy and inadequacy. So yes, while much of it is driven by Padme, it is also helped a great deal by Palpatine offering Anakin the power and respect he feels he deserves. And the last time Obi-Wan sees him, Anakin is ranting about his new empire. In Obi-Wan's eyes, I think, while he and the council may have been partly to blame for Anakin's situation, Anakin is still ultimately responsible for giving in, which I think qualifies as a seduction (and possibly an easy one at that considering how on-guard the Jedi are supposed to be concerning the dark side.).
Or as you say, it could be Obi-Wan making it up for a number of reasons. I guess it depends on your certain point of view.
Quality post at any rate user, I appreciate the discussion.

>Saying that it's an energy field created by all living things isn't biological, just like saying the souls dwells within the body makes it biological
Have you never heard of the 21 grams? Or again, anything regarding the pineal gland as a spiritual organ?
>So yes if I said "oh yeah your soul is actually a cluster of nerves at the base of the skull" that is demystifying
The Force is not the midichlorians.

Probably, but I wouldn't exactly call the order smart. Their logic, assuming he told anyone besides Obi-Wan about his dreams, was probably that Anakin must learn to detach himself and to fo auch a thing on his behalf would be a disservice to his training. But hindsight's 20/20 and all that.

>So basically Darth Vader died for nothing and the original trilogy and prequel trilogy were meaningless?

The whole point of Hollywood nowadays is to destroy all the white male heroes and replace it with non-white no-male heroes.

John Connor is next with Dark Fate, if the spoilers are true. Indiana Jones is also next.

No, making money is not the main goal.

>George Lucas' original outline for the sequel trilogy explained that the midi-chlorians served as a conduit between the vessels (who were all the living things) and the Whills, who controlled the Force and were essentially it. When Lucas sold Lucasfilm Ltd. to The Walt Disney Company in 2012, these plans for the sequels were ultimately scrapped. However, Lucas is sure that fans would have hated his idea much like they hated the prequels, though at least the story from the beginning to the end would have been told.
>at least the story from the beginning to the end would have been told
>the story from the beginning to the end would have been told
>would have been told

Attached: 1543463380458.png (882x758, 17K)

Would have been bizarre to say the least, even compared to the prequels. And yeah, definitely pissed everyone off again regardless of quality. I wonder what the ultimate outcome and purpose of this revelation would have been.

is this a shop?

Attached: 1565721619601.gif (300x224, 1.31M)

You know I read discussions about the prequels in threads like this and the story itself is actually really fascinating but fuck man, the dialogue is just so fucking shit.
>You can write this shit George but you can't fucking say it

Attached: tumblr_m6wl0khutz1r7nc50.gif (500x214, 478K)

Multiple posters are made for movies, and while you're right that this one isn't the main one, it's still one officially released by disney

He's not physically back though, is he? I thought his ghost was still hanging around, and he possessed Snoke, and then when he died, he possessed Matt Smith or something.

What does the potential theories of should have to do with that pineal example literally being a physical and ot metaphysical phenomenon?

I wrote that poorly. Read it as "the soul is just the projection if the cluster of nerves at the base of your skull"

This

Maybe Ray goes back in time to becomes Aniken's mother and breaks him out of slavery stopping him from ever losing her and keeping in touch with his Jedi training to not have him go killing younglings.

About Skywalkers. And more of Palpatine's Forcecruxes.

>its an edgy gen X'er is STILL salty about the prequels episode

Yawn. Take your meds grampa. You're shitposting again

Nah, Kathleen will keep puppeteering and CGIing Carrie’s body long after Her corpse rots. Her lady boner for Leia will never allow her to die. I wouldn’t be surprised if after ep 9 they have Leia train the new Jedi Order with Rey

>willfully obtuse
You've been spouting that same shit for days now on other threads too.
Did someone call you an obtuse faggot in the past and you still haven't gotten over it or something?

They’ve made every fuck up in the book
>New Death Star but bigger and better!
Check
>Jedi/Sith in hiding crop up again
Check
>Emperor comes back
Check
>writers ignominiously kill off established characters without peer review due to a personal grudge
Check
>Mandowank
Can’t be sure, but I’m hardly holding my breath.

The main difference is that it took twenty years for the EU’s mistakes to hit the point where George was about to clean it up, while Disney has fucked it up in 5 and shows no sign of stopping. They also have absolutely nothing worthwhile to make up for it.

>Mandowank
Didn't they kinda fuck them up in TCW? Like Jango and Boba aren't Mandos anymore, and they're super special peaceful but formally led by a jedi mando with a black katana saber

Believe it or not, TCW was a repair job on them. They were basically split into two factions of the old guard of war mongering retards, and nearly as stupid pacifists who went too far the other way because of how badly the retards fucked up their planet.
They were incredibly obnoxious prior to that, except in the old republic era that actually explored the contradictions of their philosophies.

>Macbeth

Attached: 643423.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Yeah until they decide to bring him back anyway 20 years from now

don´t you mean Person of Color? fucking BIGOT

The story isn't over. Kylo is the Skywalker heir, he will make everything right again with the conclusion of his story.

FG Luke will probably show up to help and encourage him and/or Rey so whiny manbaby fucks like you stop crying and have something to clap about.

Kylo is a man, baby.

Just chill bros.

Attached: lando1.png (473x743, 525K)

It actually looks like they shopped John Boyega's mouth onto her face kek

>freak my vibe and coast while we glide
unironically, what did he mean by this?

>all this false concern

So you have a problem with Rey falling for Kylo in a matter of hours, but yet you can apparently believe that Han became her dad in a few hours? Fuck off with your disingenuous bullshit. Just say you are a cucked nice guy who is mad the girl chose the hot bad boy and go.

>durr it's cuz she wanted to fix him

Like how Luke wanted to fix Vader? You're so offended by her love for Kylo because it's romantic love as opposed to familal? Like that makes it better somehow? Even though the entire reason the ST exists is because of Anakin's romantic love for Padme? But it's okay if it's the man falling in love, right? It's okay if it's Luke falling for Mara Jade and wanting for fix her? Then it's just the old Jedi compassion, but when Rey does it for Kylo, it's suddenly the most shallow and retarded thing ever? Just say you hate women and go.

Rey fell for Kylo because he's hot as fuck and he's the only person who can understand her and her loneliness. He comforted her and guided her when no one else would. Any girl would fall for that, dumb autists. And Han is BENS FATHER NOT REYS. Get over it. He is more torn up about Han's death than she ever will be.

The story is a Skywalker saga story and it's not going to end in tragedy with the Skywalker heir dying. Keep dreaming.

Attached: tumblr_pqzpndMnm81tu5a7l_1280.jpg (900x939, 212K)

Kylo and Rey were actually together for weeks from Rey's POV, for the record. Time moves slower on Ach-To.

TCW is mediocre at best.

I like how anyone is acting like Palpy isn't going to get merked by Kylo and his dumb girlfriend in the end anyway kek

Rey and Kylos "relationship" is the most nonsensical toxic garage to come out of Rian's shit film. Even Daisy ridley hates that shit.

Shippers are mentally ill, user. They unironically assume anyone calling them out MUST be another rival shipper, that’s how far gone they are.
Don’t expect reason from them.

Yep. The sequels make nothing in the OT matter. Empire defeated? So what, they just come back.

Reylo is the most nonsensical shit to come out of Rian's shit movie. Even Daisy ridley hates it.

They calls lasted weeks? Yeah no. Also time moving slower is such bullshit I'm going to deny Disney the validity of that.

Attached: 1566242376473.jpg (1132x504, 98K)

Quit projecting faggot. I think the relationship between Han and Rey is rushed bullshit but at least we know that she has daddy issues and they both like tinkering or some shit. None if that is there for Rey and newsflash I'm talking about the 2nd Skype call, which is before she "hears his side and becomes sympathetic" (because genocidal maniacs are trustworthy). The movie should have spent way longer on ach to and flashed out the Rey-kylo interaction.

Also "muh Rey is just like all women she lives shirtless bad boys", Rey hasn't been written as a horny airhead so it's not believable for me to accept your premise. Also I'm not saying anything about how Kylo should be feeling about Han (he fucking killed him btw and either doesn't care or is purposefully suppressing his emotions), which is why I focus on the one who isn't controlling their emotions, Rey.

#SlayQueen

Attached: ptSP-ewCw-rAytrU53fJuBmoQ09MN_Xt2T3VwJgmq8M.png (1200x1781, 1.33M)

It saved the rebellion

Disney feels confident in ignoring/minimizing the Prophecy of the Chosen One because in their mind that's "prequel stuff" that nobody cares about

If pressed, they'll offer an explanation in some comic or book that "the prophecy was misread just like Yoda feared :^)"
>but Lucas said Anakin was the chosen one and ended the sith by sacri--
doesn't matter they don't care

Ghost Luke is the one who finally ends Palpatine anyway, and you'd be surprised how many people out there still think Luke was the real chosen one

Clone Wars is reddit
The Clone Wars is kino

>Luke failed as a Jedi

You really, really didn't pay attention to the movie

>the sequel trilogy would have been a weird metaphysical acid trip like the Mortis Arc of TCW
could have been interesting

I've always found it weird that Kylo was able to convince 6 other students to leave with him. Was Snoke influencing them too, or was Luke's new academy just full of bad apples?

They're all just hanging out learning the force and one night Kylo goes full Columbine, slaughtering students left and right, and a handful of them are like
>Hell yeah, count us in

How can a man not die when you throw him down some huge shaft and then the whole thing explodes?
I mean at this point I want him to live. The Rebellion is too incompetent to govern and their leaders died because of cocaine or because a planet blew up (something Sheev can obviously survive)

probably that jizz music they're all listening to

I think he did die, but his spirit survived
Considering he had 30 years of iron-fisted rule to freely explore the secrets of the Dark Side, I'm willing to allow that

more like those final episodes where Yoda learns to ghost

So everything they did in the OT was pointless.
>defeating the Empire doesn't matter because they are back
>destroying 2 Death Stars doesn't matter since they have a whole Death Planet (Death Star but bigger) now
>Vader sacrificing himself to save Luke doesn't matter since Sheev is back anyway

This! I'm not worried, JJ is back I'm sure we will see Finn and Rey ending up together after they kill that patricidal nazi.

That shit will burn with it's shippers when in TROS Finn and Rey share a passionate kiss!

Yeah, pretty much

>Palpatine's own granddaughter is the one who undoes his ultimate plans
so the message is don't have kids, they'll kill you

Not every shipper is like that you retard. Reyloosers are racist nazi sympathizers. By your logic people who want healthy, normal and happy relationship between female lead and MAIN MALE lead Finn are mentally ill? Fuck off retard with your garbage logic.

>Giving a shit about the """"""""""""Lore""""""""""""" of a childrens movie series
The absolute state of modern men

Finn is solidly a side character now

>nurepublic are soiboi cucks who just rollover and get fucked by empirelarpers
>jedis are extinct again
>han died as a shitty father
>luke died worse than when he was whiny farm boy
>ghost yoda apparently could have force lightning the shit out of people
>hyperspace ramming is the best super weapon, cheaper to boot

nuWars is fucking terrible shit

In your dreams reylooser, listen to John, he is so happy that JJ is back even on twitter he gave us hint that Finn's role is big in nine. When JJ casted him, he said you are the new star of SW, racist Ruin Johnson sidelined him, but JJ will bring him back to glory and give him Rey as love interest.

You're going to be disappointed
What a bizarre thing to get invested in

You will be the one in pain when your fave emo boy dies and rots. All the leaks are in my favor. Cope harder reylooser.

I'm not a Reylo person
I couldn't care less who fucks who, these movies are shit

Sheevs been playing 164D quantum shuffleboard since episode 1 and you contrarian faggots hate this incredible arc because you didn’t figure it out it’s amazing writing and George, JJ and Rian have done an amazing service to the SW lore

Yes, aren't your expectations subverted yet?

Yes, I was expecting to enjoy the new trilogy
in retrospect that was very naive

LMFO reyloosers pretending they don't care and now movies are "shit", oh huh TLJ was good when your lord and savior Ruin Johnson made your wet dreams real? JJ will turn it all into your nightmare. No one wants you in SW fandom, fuck off with your fanfic shit, lurking on boards discussing it and acting like you don't care when you know all you dreams will be crashed in December is hilarious for me.

You're arguing against an imaginary person who is not present. I do not care about who fucks who in these movies.

Do you even believe yourself retard?

Yeah
Not everyone is a shipping autist

the exact dilemma i face at all times. it is a dark, dark time we live in, the sacred cow is standing on one leg

they probably just saw which way the wind was blowing and decided it was better to go with Kylo than get slaughtered too

You don't want Rey to be with a main male lead Finn, because he is black? you racist piece
of shit. It's very important to support Finnrey, and don't let that ugly "fans" keep their shitty agenda of sidelining black man in favor of white schoolshooter.

in the OT they won 2 out of 3 of the major battles besides hoth they were pretty competent tho I havent read any of the legends book series. disney wars isnt cannon to me

you pushed the bit too far and made yourself obvious

why do you care? why does anyone even pay attention to this shit? anyone that even saw any star wars movie after episode 1 is retarded.

Lame attempt at deflecting. Rey is a first main female lead and ugly sluts want her to end up with only white male who also is a genocidal maniac. Where is the lie here? They don't want her to be Finn because they are too fucked up and racist to see good and right relationship with a main lead who happened to be black. It's not a funny topic, there is always discussion about it on twitter and we are in majority, you shouldn't close your eyes on such a racist and disgusting part of fandom, I have suspicions you are one of reyloosers, just felt that it's never gonna happen by JJ so now you are pretending like "you don't care" yet you are here.

>there'll be a Han cameo as well
This. It's like the worst kept secret
Flashbacks & force visions

You’re all fucking idiots for caring about any characters in this garbage series

I mean... yeah. You'd think their entire model would revolve around moving on from the OT to doing their own thing and making their own mark. But all they've done is call the OT pointless so that they could do it again but shit

And who the fuck are you lurking here?

Not one of you shipper fags, so clearly doing well.

If you hadn't noticed this is a thread about why people are disappointed in the sequel trilogy

I liked Solo.
But yeah. Truly remarkable that they've managed to capture decades of strewn-out shit in only 5 years and condensed

You could easily make the opposite argument. Stop bullshitting.

>every critic worth his salt and the vast majority of the fan community absolutely hated these terrible movies

>>THEY WEREN'T TERRIBLE. EVERYONE CLAIMING SO IS A CONTRARIAN. NOT ME.

The prequels are the only good Star Wars movies

You're a contrarian piece of shit, old Star Wars was based

Nobody with a brain spells acknowledges wrong

No. Sit down, be humble and know your fucking place.

Attached: black-cons-always-silenced-e1564686863953.jpg (350x368, 32K)

>Quit projecting faggot

You're the one projecting, you ugly fucking incel.

>muh Han and Rey

Stop with the false concern, you just hate romance, especially when it's the girl with the bad boy instead of a nice guy cuck like you. Rey isn't going to be a pure and chaste waifu that is saving her pussy for a "good guy" cuck like you, she wants to fuck the tall, Dark Chad who killed his own father. Die mad about it.

>they both like tinkering or some shit

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Your argument is so fucking pathetic and weak you can't even pull something better out of your ass.

Rey's "daddy issues" are a large part of the reason she connects with Kylo. They both have the Force and sought guidance, they both have family issues, they both feel lonely and want to fulfill their destinies. She can have everything she wants with Kylo.

She doesn't have to feel bad about your ugly cuck dead loser fave and she doesn't after she sees Kylo shirtless. Han Solo who? DIE MAD KEK

>waaah why do women get horny over shirtless bad boys???

Cope more, sexist incel. Rey did get horny for shirtless Kylo, why did you think the scene was even in there? You are such a pathetic fucking cuck you can't even fathom that your "pure waifu" would lust after bad boy dick, it triggers you so badly this is hilarious.

Kylo feeling bad over killing his father is shoved in your face so hard and you are so fucking autistic and only paying attention when Rey is onscreen so you can project your "pure waifu fantasies" on her.

You are an ugly, disgusting cuck and you are going to have to watch you waifu Rey marry Kylo and live happily ever after with him, getting pounded and bred by him for the rest of her life. Stay cucked and see you in December, nerd.

omg this is so fucking funny

>muh Rey isn't like the other girls, she's not allowed to like hot shirtless bad boys
>only girls who are airheads like that stuff!
AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *breathes in* AHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAAA

Kylo is the heir of the Chosen One, he'll be the one to save the day and fulfill the prophecy for good this time.

Kylo was never a bad apple in the first place. Luke did try to kill him and if he told everyone that and they could sense that he wasn't lying, it's not surprising some of them sided with Ben.

You wrote all that gay shit and nobody read a word of it lol

You are doing better complaining for ruined childhood? Fuck off retard

I know the cuck I responded to will read it and that's good enough for me. I also know you read it, too. Stay cucked and mad fucking ugly loser.

Yeah but slaughtering all of his fellow students might have been going a bit too far you'd think

It's not like others had weapons too and maybe attacked him because of what he did to Luke

You’re a shipper, who cares what you think?

Where does it say he woke up and slaughtered them all? Luke? The known fucking liar who was also known to have been unconscious for the entire thing so he doesn't actually know what happened?

It's more likely that when everyone came to check shit out and Ben was shaken and telling them Luke tried to kill him, some sided with him and the others turned against him and they had to fight to the death.

Luke woke up and the survivors had gone and the losers were dead. The end.

Disney/LF seeing as they made the entire ST centered around Kylo Ren and the Reylo relationship and they market Reylo everywhere for IX. Did you miss the OP picture? No ugly manlets like Finn or Poe, just the important characters. Reylo and the villain to be defeated, Palpatine.

Daisy Ridley also said Reylo fans will be happy, die mad.

That makes sense

t. redditlettermedia basedboi

If it was going to be canon she would have never used words toxic and emotional abuse in the same sentence as reylo, but she did, cope harder retard. Also she said reyloosers will be happy because they will actually see Adam, she called you out rats, she knows you don't care about Rey and just get wet for Crylo

U mad :^)

why does disney humiliate and kill off heroes while reviving villains? is it because the company is run by villainous individuals?

>fight to the death
>not slaughter
You're retarded

>felt like Jew Jew had taken me on ride to a cynical, creatively empty nostalgia pandering shlock
>point this out to boomers and normie friends while we were talking about VII
>brushed off and they change the topic
>Ruin Johnson’s smarmy feminist post-modernism hit piece came out
>felt vindicated and get to feast on boomer tears
Its a good feel

R2 still a slave because he owe Luke Droid Life Debt for taking restraining bolt off.

Woah. Do you really mean to tell me Star Wars is... just a movie? Holy shit man I had no idea I can’t believe STAR WARS is nothing more than a FILM my entire world has been shattered I can’t believe I put any level of investment into something that WASN’T REAL on Yea Forums I’m literally sobbing how could this be true

>from my point of view the jedi are evil!

I got about a minute into ep1 of Korra and noped the fuck out as soon as that little cunt came out "IM THE AVATAR, UVE GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!".

Based and redpilled

Attached: 1545253295045s.jpg (165x250, 6K)

Everything.

Attached: hmmmmmm.gif (500x375, 486K)

the hobbit stabbed him you moron

I thought she came out as anti-Reylo?

What was the point of WWII? Everyone dies anyway.

>Time moves slower on Ach-To.
I must have missed that part.

The first nu-wars movie had made that perfectly clear already. Everything was back to square one to the point that the entire fucking plot of Episode 4 was basically re-done.

>Yeah no.

You're acting like this is up for debate, it's not. It's canon. Deal with it, nerd.

Good thing I informed you.

TLJ is the only movie I've ever come out of feeling legitimately like I wanted my money back.

still better than the sequels

Yeah, and they replaced it with a retarded bloated cheesy mess.

Stop
Watching
This
Retarded
Odious
Shit

Why do so many people like the new series? I sometimes feel like this is the only place on the internet that isn't completely blind to their many, many faults.

>Abusive
Never really got that considering that they're on opposite sides of a War, and he's just doing his job.

anti-Reylos are dumb af and can't separate fiction from reality. They don't even care about storytelling, they are just looking for the next thing to virtue signal about.

If anything, Rey is the abusive one. He goes out of his way to treat her much more nicely than he does other prisoners or enemies.

All Rey does is yell at him and slice him up. That bitch needs to fucking chill.

His daddy willfully obtused his anus hole.

That what Daisy said. Disney would have never have allowed her to use words like toxic and abuse, if reylo was going to happen. I love how you don't have an argument against it

TLJ clearly had a serious effect on the brand, they cannot even GIVE AWAY sw merch these days. Kids don't give a shit about the characters, except for the little girls whose parents have failed them and given them no female role models but rey to look up to.

Does anyone have the "IT'S MA'AM" meme?

anakin brought balance to the force no wait jk.

he brought balance. nothing said that balance had to last

Star Wars died with the Prequels. Disney is now pissing on it's grave.

Are you a nigger because I hate you ?
This should help you understand simple causal relationships

This post with the picture entails that you are the npc you retard

Or you're so autistic that you need constant quips and exposition to tell you exactly what to think. You're more autismal than Giorgio, think about that for a minute.

I bet you think Padme literally died of a broken heart and Palpatine didn't prank Anakin into draining Padme to survive as a funny Sith joke.

you'd think (i mean any reasonable person would think) that a 1000 year old prophecy would last more than 20 years....

It was obvious broadcast from the first time they met and it's about the only remotely coherent thing in the shitheap of capeshit schlock

This one image summarizes all that is wrong with Disney and NuWars.

>it doesn't matter

Attached: 1567501603473.png (1054x382, 513K)

Obi Wan is also a deceiving jew that wants Luke to butcher his own daddy with out even considering that he still has some good in him

Literally no one ever even remotely alludes to the idea that the midichlorians somehow are or"create" the Force, and if you believe so you have a very tenuous grasp on causality

I remember the days when people looked forward to a Star Wars movie coming out.

>father figure
Hadn't she only known him for a day or so at that point? I get they were pushing that, but the whole movie's on fast forward so hard that none of the relationships seem remotely believable.
>Leia gives a comforting hug to the stranger Mary Sue she just met instead of FUCKING CHEWBACCA

>Kylo was never a bad apple

Attached: 1545988796803.jpg (748x719, 156K)

it's about family and that's what makes it really special

Attached: 1559309178691.png (1488x716, 916K)

Of course. The only way for a female main character to accomplish anything would be by invalidating what men have already done.

Or, more aptly, this.

the point is no one is ever really gone

>t. braindead fag who only likes what rotten tomatoes tells him to

>Kylo dindu nuffin

Attached: 1548998082117.jpg (500x500, 141K)

>Hi Yea Forums
>KK here. It's hilarious that you think I give a shit was some 5'8 incel on 4channel thinks about my franchise. we made BILLIONS by pandering to the LGBTQQIP2SAA and minority communities. And guess what. WE ARE DOING IT AGAIN IN EPISODE 9. LOL. Rey will be gay. Sheev is a metal fucking force robot. The nigger and chink are hooking up. AHAHAHAHAHA. So keep fucking whining on your Mongolian fishing forum. your opinions mean nothing. I own Star Wars now.
>t. your new queen

Attached: Kathleen-Kennedy.png (750x400, 403K)

Not that guy.

I just find it hilarious that they had to defend fucking TLJ by going "b-but the EU!"

Attached: 1568024306853.jpg (640x892, 305K)

They need to stop forcing this image of people with perfect teeth in movies. It's disturbing and unnatural. Anakin and Rey look like fucking xenomorphs.

Attached: 1566854462396.jpg (1507x563, 151K)