Is it unadaptable?

Is it unadaptable?

Attached: CITR.jpg (244x350, 17K)

no

Igby Goes Down is basically it

NO, BUT IT SHOULD NEVER BE ADAPTED.

Attached: JDS TO MR HERBERT LETTER.jpg (500x700, 143K)

Nope. It could easily becomes 3hour last & half piece. So I say making trilogy out of this reading material would fit right into its funs’s needs

Why the fuck are you trying so hard to get a Schtick? Do you really think anyone is going to give a shit in 6 months about you?

I feel the urge to assassinate John Lennon

This book hasn't aged well. I can appreciate when it came out it may have been revolutionary but holy fuck, what a slog to read through in current year.

IT HAS AGED WELL; THE FACT IS THAT YOU NEVER REALLY LIKED IT.

Yeah I didn't get the appeal. Just some fucktard complaining about his life. What was the point?

Scorsese do it (Taxi Driver)

Fortunately.
Based Salinger.

he has been here for like 10 years dude

People were literally obsessed with the idea of the normal, but yet twisted "average American family" in the late 50s/early 60s. You either like that kinda thing or you don't. We've seen a lot of it since we were young, (unless you were born in 1945 or earlier) so it can only come across as dated. Salinger is a phenomenal writer though, miles ahead of most other authors doing this kind of thing at the time.

This was god awful

Yes, Salinger said the only person that could play Holden was himself

filtered

Ralph Bakshi tried to turn it into an animated film.

Catcher in the Rye is Huckleberry Finn for New York Jews. I enjoyed it actually. But it's not first tier literature.

No but because it’s shit.

Not, but it is terrible and should be forgotten.

Americans cannot write literature.

Total pleb opinion. Even if you don't dig the themes, Salinger's writing is excellent.

I could do it, fuck Salinger, I'll prove him wrong.
Give me the camera, I'll show that pretentious sub-100 IQ hack.