Since this board is ruined by capeshitters, Joker posting edgelords, coomers and other cretins...

Since this board is ruined by capeshitters, Joker posting edgelords, coomers and other cretins. Lets have a quality /THE LIGHTHOUSE/ thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=42_UHhpq530&feature=youtu.be Have you seen the new trailer? Its bone chilling, gritty, horror movie with a slow burn.

Attached: the lighthouse.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rbAhU913SSk&list=RDrbAhU913SSk&start_radio=1
youtube.com/watch?v=ubUIAIzLKxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SNEEEEEEEEEED GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1552647443294.png (329x424, 184K)

mods pleace hold my basedmilk while I smack this fool with a banhammer

>It's an A24 thread

Attached: 1565356624358.gif (365x400, 551K)

Slow burn

>artsy pretentiousness the movie
Yeah no.

Look at this diletant. I guess he loves jump scares and lack of ATMOSPHERE.

What the fuck is wromg withh you fags
We finally get a rare movie that takes itself seriously and isn't just another product on a shelf like some piece of shit Disney film and you shit on it and call it pretentious. Fuck off

after the fucking hereditary movie I thought a24 was past recovery but this looks enjoyable

>Muh bone chilling slowburn
Grow up kid. Ask a girl to see IT part 2 with you and maybe you'll have sex

How can you be this cringe, bro? Just enjoy a good Pattinson movie bruh.

Yea Forums is a terrible fucking board.

The Lightouse looks great. Will we find out why he split his beans?

but i want artho gf

I have high hopes.

>Yea Forums is a terrible fucking board.
We are slowly but surely degenerating into Yea Forums territory of cancer.

going to see this in Halifax (filmed in NS) on the 19th. Willem and Robert Eggers are gonna be there.

What?

Fucking nice. I don't even know where this movie is gonna play here in my home country and when. Prolly not even in october even.

ya tickets were only $30 canuck bux. I'm hyped.

It's not capeshitters ruining the board (though they aren't great, at least they're sorta on topic), it's all the off-topic shitposters and the machine gearing up for the 2020 election.
But sure, The Lighthouse looks decent

tv is a good board but its full of memesters. Lighthouse will be great

Same here. The cinema chain I prefer has a "connoisseurs cinema" thing when they have a single showing once every two weeks or so of something thats usually more ambitious. It can be foreign movies but also stuff like Isle of Dogs, which had all the seats sold while Han S o ylo was playing dozens of times to an empty room.

>We are slowly but surely degenerating into Yea Forums territory of cancer.

it already is

Is Spider-man in this movie? Or is that Batman? I wonder how that film is going to be.

the first trailer was far more effective

Attached: 1561839525681.jpg (318x306, 38K)

Nah man, I can assure you Yea Forums is even worse and finding a new low systematically.

its looks really good. does seem like its trying very hard to be good. but thats not a bad thing unless it ends up being self indulgent slog

True. The background music was really fitting in the first trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=rbAhU913SSk&list=RDrbAhU913SSk&start_radio=1

>that takes itself seriously
That's never a good thing.

Anyone remember when we used to shitpost about films instead of twitter posts?

Yeah, I'm thinking this is kino.

This will be RPats' last good film.
After this he's doing Nolan shit, capeshit and then inevitably oscar b8 shit. He had a good run though

>Horror

Dropped

The film is a comedy.
He shot The Devil All the Time and also wants to make another film with Claire Denis so i doubt that.

wronge

Yikes, looks like a SNL skit of a "serious" film.

What?

>muh black & white, slow burn, bone chilling, atmospheric A24 pseudshit
The only reason we’re even pretending to care about this dull looking sleep aid is that it allows us to build up Pattinson’s credibility before he becomes the face of DC. Also, Good Time was just ok and The Rover was utterly forgettable

SPOOKY CLOWNS!!

I wanna join you but can't be bothered at the same time. Board's went down the shitter.

Which part is wrong.
>DC
Fuck off with capeshit. Good Time was great, so was The Rover. Cosmopolis and Lost City of Z are good too.

Wrong. Pattinson is a fucking pleb because he admit he's been chasing the batman role for years. Good Time and The Rover are great though

>DC
Is there a movie that you disneyshills won't deface with your lies and retardation? Even DC just won in a European festival, come back to us when disney achieves something like that

Cosmopolis was mediocre, and I’m a big Cronenberg fan. Pattinson was fine in it, I suppose, for sitting around looking pensive in a limo for 90% of the screentime. Didn’t see Last City of Z, but the other 3 weren’t anything special just because they’re indie
>Fuck off with capeshit
It’s Matt Reeves CapeKino, user. It’s not going to be fatsuits and anus jokes like Disney quipfests, it’s going to have real artistic heft like Burton’s Batman ‘89, BvS, The Dark Knight, and Leone d’Or winner Joker
Know the difference

Attached: 9B7AC860-BAE9-4DD1-AE97-B85795000221.jpg (1125x1817, 1.11M)

Why does reddit talk like thiS

Attached: 6A114B43-2A29-45C1-B8EB-05235FAF6B29.jpg (1242x354, 67K)

What did you think of Le livre d image?

Actually don't even bother answering. >It’s Matt Reeves CapeKino,
Implies you probably share the same low IQ about cinema as this mongrel and probably haven't even seen it

Pattinson said that Batman is the only interesting superhero for me. He has also been chasing Claire Denis, Ciro Guerra and James Gray for years so that's that.
I like Cosmopolis, very alien like film. Good Time is adrenaline fueled intense ride.
BvS was mediocre, Nolan's films are bad. It's all capeshit and it's all garbage. The Joker clips that were posted look like a cringefest.

Should I watch the trailer if I already know I'm going to watch the movie?

>Le livre d image
Haven't seen it, lost interest in nu Godard after Adieu au langage as you will surely understand

No

What?

>another film with Claire Denis
High Life was utter shit that only the most pretentious pseuds defend. Don't know why you'd post that as something to look forward to...

actual retard
you can only say this once the movie is out

That means he won't be doing only mainstream capeshit garbage next. High Life is decent. Her other films are better.

>Cosmopolis was mediocre
Wrong
>I’m a big Cronenberg fan.
There's your problem. Cosmopolis is Cronenberg's least Cronenberg film (he's a great director, don't get me wrong). It's a social commentary with lots of heavy dialogue and subtle acting with zero body horror

Look at it this way! The movie is a little under two hours! The trailer is only a couple minutes! Math is hard!

Lmao, I remember my first semester of film school too. You’ll grow out of those tedious video essays in a year, trust me

you’re actually retarded

Finally someone who likes Cosmopolis. Good taste.

Why did you post this?

>so bone chilling, so intelligent, so AWESOME! man, I just LOVE A24!

Attached: 1565748297630.png (753x960, 29K)

>calling this a slow burn

watch more films.

youtube.com/watch?v=ubUIAIzLKxQ

Attached: indiasong.jpg (342x492, 33K)

Well obviously, lol. But you haven’t explained why that elevates it. Summarize the social commentary that you found insightful in that film? Seemed extremely superficial when I watched it several years ago
I’ll give you that it’s pretty, but it didn’t have much to say

If you want to defend a director, don't start by calling one of their trash films "decent".
High Life is embarrassingly bad. Awful writing full of plot holes, bad acting and visually inconsistent. Trash

because i can

Eggers isn’t reddit, they’re mad as hell that he’s not easy to get into. Every thread about his movies has total retards talking about how they can’t into Puritan English (lol) or trying to work out what the movie “is” because they’re genre babbies. Reddit is Marvel, not effortful cinema.

you can feel the chill burn your spine slowly

Wow what a coincidence that this bone chilling slow burn söyjack meme started when it was announced Pattinson was going to be the new Batman. It's almost as if viral marketers from the almost monopolistic rival studio and a bunch of videogame zoomers from capeshit discords were trying to shit on this movie as anti shilling just like they leaked the ending of Joker just today haha

>replying to memeing retards
I didn't like India Song. Tarr, Angelopoulos, Tarkovsky, Tsai Ming Liang are good slow burns.

This looks like some old bullshit white bois gonna love this. Y’all some fucking nerds

YAAAAAASSSSSS ANOTHER BONE CHILLING SLOW BURN WITH DARK LOVECRAFTIAN ATMOSPHERE FROM A24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1564675209585.jpg (454x520, 91K)

Lovecraftian, one could say

It's decent. Like 7 out 10. One of the better films of this year.
>plot
It's not like the film attempts to have some kind of logical plot
>writing
Was fine, except for some retarded exposition
>acting
All good except for adult daughter.
>visuals
Very good. Some scenes like the dog ship scene were pure kino.

>A24

Attached: BASED BOY.png (827x953, 279K)

It had a very poignant commentary on consumerism and the class divide that felt detailed and gave fair voice to both sides. Considering the film's release shortly after occupy, it was especially relevant. I have not seen a more intelligent dissection of the class divide in america in a fictional film

So all these wojacks are a bot right? I guess they're shitposting because we're trying to actually discuss films?

A dedicated troll. Just ignore that tranny.

Attached: 1551205631703.gif (815x815, 818K)

You sound like the Yea Forums equivalent of a James Joyce apologist lmao. I guess every medium will have it’s pseudtraps

Yeah. It's only going to get worse as we approach the 2020 elections too.

>Let Neptune strike ye dead, Winslow
>HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What did he mean by this?

>A24

Attached: le reddit.png (310x310, 25K)

I really despise the forced enthusiasm on reddit. I guess if you exclaim you get more toots!

>reee production studio bad because they release non-capeshit
Zoomers are a failed generation.

Someone tell me when this film releases in normal theatres? What about online?

you poor flower

This movie is going to be dope to watch while high.

October 18 in US. Online probably 3-5 months after that.

Yeah, what of idiot would come to a television and film board to talk about television and film, am I right?

Cheers fren

I don’t watch, care about, or have any interest in discussing screenshit. It’s boring

>screenshit

Attached: 600.png (261x212, 61K)

Attached: 1565907290055.png (730x800, 139K)