Who the fuck is the target audience?

Who the fuck is the target audience?

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-100.jpg (361x500, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-QSmNReDyI
youtube.com/watch?v=47rpp0jg5D4
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=0uqg8tSwS70
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=47rpp0jg5D4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NEETs

Marxists

people who strangle themselves while fapping

Literally me. I know what shinji feels like all the time, except there are less people who care about me and I'm not good at anything

I care about you user

Depressed zoomers and pseuds

It's a cartoon so obviously the target audience is
>Children

Me.

big dongers

Attached: thelastkino.jpg (1549x863, 426K)

Wasn't Evangelion shown during an after school slot originally?

I don't know, it feels like a show aimed at people perhaps 16 to 18. Watching first at 22 felt like it being too grounded in adolescent angst, but younger than 16 years in general would have trouble following it.

people that exclusively post on 4 channel dot com

Elementary school students

Attached: typical eva fan.png (627x480, 535K)

This comeback will never not be funny...

You're good at breathing oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide.

Test

incels like you who watch anime

sometimes i'm not even good at that, and start choking on my own spit

people like me

Attached: 1567861631373.jpg (1473x1061, 280K)

i was embarassed while watching this documentary lmao

its point is to bring in NEETs then shit on them

Japanese teenagers to young adults of the early 90's.

Attached: 57511683_10157296180874662_5114560228465049600_n.jpg (205x197, 12K)

checked and basedpilled

zoomers were 1-2 when it came out.

Attached: giphy-downsized.gif (576x432, 403K)

Kek me too user, me too. The only thing you and I are good for is making people laugh at the inanity of our wretchedness.

My pee pee

Nice font, retard.

Losers. I say this as a loser myself. Worst thing is Shinji is way better than me.
>three hot women want his dick
>gets to pilot a world-saving mecha and is very good at it
Could be worse

Shinji is the literal embodiment of a Japanese herbivore man, the target audience of the show.

Literally me.

losers who were bullied in school
this show sucked shit for anyone who had a normal life and had real friends

Attached: 8dt2ojl0w2931.jpg (996x2048, 350K)

You had to understand it was a deconstruction of the mecha genre and its tropes. So its clearly aimed at otaku in Japan.

Give me the microphone.
Listen up.
I'm sick and tired of all you anonymutts runnin' your mouths.
Every single day you come out here, you make the same damn threads. "Eva is overrated" this, "WTF this isn't like Neptunia?!" that. Well, guess what shitheads? You are ironic weebs. You looked down on anime until it became "cool" to like it "ironically", with your faggy MLG weed smoking anime girls wearing snapbacks, your Nepgear worship and anime profile pics.
Tell you what son, Evangelion might be slightly overrated but it's a classic for a reason. It's approach to character development was unprecedented at the time, character depth and complexity was nowhere near Evangelion's level, it deconstructed and revitalized a genre that was largely seen as cheap entertainment and made masterful use of visuals and symbolism with a shoestring budget. So you ironic weebs can shut the fuck up and get some taste.

Attached: stone cold steven austin preaching the truth.png (651x388, 254K)

youtube.com/watch?v=t-QSmNReDyI

youtube.com/watch?v=47rpp0jg5D4

youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

Attached: 1487365056749.png (453x435, 75K)

Lonely faggots. Watched it in highschool when it first released and it was cool until it was over. One of those series where you just dismiss the direction it went and just create your own cannon/ending. Visually, its great. Story wise, its very vague and shinji is once of the most cringe characters ever

Come in me if you want to live!

Attached: 208-2086353_rei-ayanami-nge-evangelion-evangelion-pilot-plugsuits.jpg (840x1161, 331K)

Based Stone Cold

Young males in general imo
Like 12-30

I was 1 in 95 but I thought I was a millennial?

blessed quads

Attached: shinjo.png (397x601, 184K)

best girl

I was told everyone had a "Shinji" part of their personality, its just more prominent in some of us. Should really everyone be able to relate to Shinji? I sure as hell am and a lot of other people on here too but I dont know how normal people would react to his character.

It's more that all the characters have a personality flaw that prevents them from forming healthy relationships with others. EoE is about choosing to accept and overcome those flaws on your own rather than live in a perfect world without them

Normalfags uniformly think he's a wuss for not getting in the giant robot

Normalfags absolutely despise shinji

Normalfags should be shot.

No flaws can ever truly be overcome

The Japanese. So not you you dumb cumskin.

not you either monkey boy.

suck my dick cracker

i'm not a fucking biscuit!

Yeah, that's why I don't watch gay ass pussy fag anime you dumb double nigger.

No, I don't relate to a beta male who can't choose the greater good because he's too much of a pussy to put his worthless life at risk.

Shinji is a cringelord and most of the people who relate to him are fags.

>m-muh depression :(
fucking incels.

get the fuck out normalfag, you "people" are sociopaths who can't relate who people who have suffered

Behold, a faggot

Angsty teenagers and adults who had shitty teens. Big robot fans.
If you can stand shinji the show is probabaly for you

>I don't relate to a beta male
Cos you an omega runt

I watched it as a grade schooler and loved it.

I dont think so. Shinji has practically no redeeming characteristics.

have sex!

Attached: Have Sex.png (855x655, 234K)

Yes he does.

Name of documentary?

Me

Such as?

Pulling Rei out of the burning escape capsule, going back and getting in the robot repeatedly despite hating it. He's actually pretty brave for a kid his age.

*entry plug

Calm down Elliot

Attached: 6ae.png (830x974, 296K)

Attached: 6.jpg (890x490, 116K)

Japanese teenagers. 80% of the show is posed as a generic anime.

if Chad wake up from his bed without his muscles he will lose all confidence he has in himself to do this kind of things.
why internet people are constantly breaking opened doors?

Hmmm I must've hit a nerve. Are you faggots gonna improve your lives, or are you just gonna continue disappointing your parents while jerking off to Japanese children's cartoon characters?

I will improve my life AND continues to jerk off on chinese cartoon characters because it's just so fucking to masturbate on them because 2D > 3D.

Attached: 1ce19630265555d7053609da4aa781b6.jpg (646x999, 92K)

Option B

Hideaki Anno. And I guess people who like anime.

>why yes, I prefer 2D women over real women because I've never had a gf, how could you tell?

Attached: giga beta.jpg (859x960, 40K)

Everytime I see anime on Yea Forums its always Dragon Ball, Evangelion, Attack on Titan, or Death Note.

Why?

He rides the robot because hes compliant (he tries to run away unsuccessfully) and only he can, so it makes him special (he own admit it like asuka does).
As for saving rei, well that is somewhat courageous, but its more a projection of him saving himself (he tells himself hes ready to die, but it isnt true. Rei makes the same claim but shes willing to actually die)

I see you resort to ad hominem because you have no arguments. If your mother had died while you were a child and your father had abandoned you, later to recruit you to fight monsters, with death being a very real possibility and knowing that failure would lead to the end of the world, while everyone treats you like shit,all while you're 14, you would cry too

>still not accepting the supremacy of 2D.
>believing tasting 3D will magically change that.
user, liking 2D women is an ehanced sexuality basically.

but like every feminist (which are puritans in disguise) you are jealus because it destroy the hypocrite scheme you put since sexual revolutions, before that everyones was going to fucks whores and it was totally normal, and nobody was obsessed to compete for not being virgins, because it has zero interests to do that and it was awkward to speak about this kind of things, you boomer cocksuckers are the worst.

Attached: bfln5jRa_L37ziNWm-xNvKMbmFomj8-rqIHRtTz-u_wrWtG7QDRRJdu1QXxpE--5OehuOMDmt9otiy7t6wnd7yQlvVA7o-nOVn4C (500x281, 1.85M)

There was a decent JoJo thread yesterday.

Also, Dragon Ball is kino (Z, GT and Super blows), NGE is kino, SnK anime sucks, manga is kino, and only the first half of Death Note is good.

>Killing Bites girls
nice, sad the anime didn't follow up the time skip, just a tease of it.

Everybody likes 2d, even secretly. 2d is super aesthetic.
The only reason people claim to not like 2d is to seem cool or deride others who do.

of course, this people for some reason believe it's impossible to like 2D and 3D at the same times.
even if 2D was actually liked since the beginning of humanity, there are people who even masturbate reading erotic texts.

Attached: AD030.png (640x480, 321K)

I never said I don't like 2D. I'm making fun of the incels who go out of their way to boast about liking 2D more than 3D (which is a coping mechanism for their failure to cultivate real-life relationships).

liking both is heresy I do anyways

no no no dude, we all know you hated 2d and now you changed your mind about that, you were not talking about all that stuff on the first place.

Attached: 1409793382936.png (211x173, 75K)

Millenials are 81-95. You barely count.

>their failure to cultivate real-life relationships
you are basically saying that it's the fault of ugly people if they can't get laid, do you realize that you are an asshole at least?

This is now a Misato thread

Attached: 1632953_1.jpg (630x630, 55K)

What level of ugly? You can be ugly and still get laid by good looking women.

The only excuse would be if you're literally disfigured or proportionally fucked up. Do you idiots really never go out? There's tons of ugly faggots fucking girls way out of their league all the time.

>Asuka
Eww. It's absolutely baffling how such a shitty character has remained popular all these years

Attached: fucking gross.jpg (635x480, 65K)

I rented this movie from blockbuster with my big bro when I was 10 and he was 15....guess who is a fucker loser virgin (me) and still watches anime (also me).

No, but accepting them and trying your best anyway with the chance that you can make a real connection as a result is what makes human interaction worthwhile.

Daily reminder the entire world belongs to Shinji in the end, fuck normies fuck roastie fuck you.

He didn't get in the robot as a mercy and once he did you niggers all die

>You can be ugly and still get laid by good looking women.
yes if you have money and outside of this decade maybe.
>There's tons of ugly faggots fucking girls way out of their league all the time.
where? i don't see any of them honestly and i regularly go outside.

Attached: 31702695_1895508033812863_2737730162991824896_n.jpg (768x960, 66K)

yeah

Not him but I see it all the time. Men have flexibility and can fuck almost any type of woman. Ugly women have 0 flexibility and are either alone or huge skanks.

That's a lot of poop, dawg

Attached: 1476308270073.gif (1962x1255, 597K)

Attached: images2.jpg (299x168, 7K)

where do you even live? I see it every day. and desu, im not even great looking myself and yet have dated and fucked women that honestly have no business being next to me.

>hates Shinji
>didn't understand Instrumentality nor the ending
confirmed brainlet

Attached: Konachan.com - 33262 breasts jpeg_artifacts katsuragi_misato neon_genesis_evangelion nipples nude.jp (1280x1024, 151K)

It was about teenagers being used to cause the end of the world for some godhood plan by people who want to remake it by their own will using Ayy Lmao bio-machines with god-like powers.

But the most important is that there is a difference between truths and the reality.
there is only one reality but a lot of truths.
Shinji's problem is that he believe people like him only for being an Eva pilot, but this is not the reality, just a truth he chosed to believe for himself, he realize that he can decide to be another thing, believe in another truth, a truth where he likes himself, he is not an eva pilot and realize people don't hate him.

being an Eva pilot helped Shinji to meet people and connect with him, but it's not the reason of why they likes him.
>Misato became her new mom and want to protect him.
>Rei discovered that Shinji really cares about her unlike Gendo, and she hate being an eva pilot.
>Asuka discovered that she like him even if he's not what she expected, and also that her identity is not being an eva pilot.
>Toji and Kensuke are his true friends, Toji doesn't liked him on the first place, and the irony is that because he was an eva pilot.

also you can fuse this with the message of EoE about feeling pain to know happiness and love, and also getting out of a fantasy world for the reality, this is not perfect but this is better than remaining on a safe space where you feel nothing, it's basically a critic of escapism.

that's why this show is so great, congratulations to the ones who realized their self-worth.
youtube.com/watch?v=0uqg8tSwS70

Attached: 1548599891521.jpg (1660x1774, 521K)

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x675, 54K)

I live in France, different mentalities maybe, here even having friends is a complicate thing, people want to stay with the same fucking clique they met during middle/high school during years and don't want to meet or include new people in their lives.
there is also huge judgment concerning your appareance, like your clothes.

Imagine being Shinji and NOT trying to score a threesome with those two.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (224x300, 12K)

she was a pedo

Attached: sWcLVfw.jpg (1920x1080, 49K)

Attached: Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_anime_girls_Katsuragi_Misato-603116.jpg!d.jpg (1600x2337, 717K)

s-source?

Attached: RatSweat.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

Attached: 267221.jpg (636x640, 73K)

Attached: __katsuragi_misato_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_hamaya_shin_ichi__8452bb7d0c6bce43927a5e81fc9c3f (1280x1024, 190K)

Believe it or not but outside marketing the term “target audience” doesn’t exist

Attached: 4BA5480D-A9BE-483A-95C9-7BD81545F6AB.jpg (257x196, 8K)

I previously disagreed with this opinion, but Gundam Wing is way better.

Rei looks so uncomfortable, almost like...she knows she's third wheeling it. And that she can't have Shinji because he belongs to Asuka.

people with taste

Attached: 1561163517559.jpg (705x960, 83K)

If that means I can have her for myself then I agree

Are you kidding me? Asuka is totally on cuck mode here with the same position.

Attached: 1487316719376.jpg (857x1202, 292K)

What does Yea Forums think of /m/'s theory that Mari is Shinji and Asuka's future child who time traveled to make a better future?

Attached: Objectively Best Girl.jpg (640x480, 58K)

0/10 it's yui

Well don't just blueball me like that, what's the evidence?

>Shinji banged Asuka to produce Yui and sent her to the past to bang Gendo ensuring Shinji is born.

Damn that's some strategic thinking.

My favorite theory about the Rebuilds is that Shinji is a clone of Gendo with the soul of Adam, that's why we can ship him with Rei without any bizarre incest thing.

It also create a kino parallel with Gendo and Yui who are humans who want to become Gods, when Shinji and Rei are Gods who want to become humans.

Supposedly if you pay attention to her facial features and compare them to Asuka they look far too similar to each other - almost like they're related. She also has apparently a lighter shade of Shinji's hair. Its largely based off physical features.

Doesn't explain Mari's eyes though, Shinji's are brown and Asuka's are dark blue, theory never accounts for that.

>Shinji's are brown and Asuka's are dark blue, theory never accounts for that.
I've always thought that but they are blue in artwork like . Which is it, Anno and Sadamoto!?

I don't dig it, you remember the scene where she lands near Shinji with the parachute and sniffs him? She doesn't have any special reaction to him or later to Asuka, nothing that would really say that she is connected to them.

Attached: 1487674413.jpg (522x293, 41K)

Hardcore patricians who can appreciate true kino

If both of their eyes are dark blue, why are Mari's different? Assuming she IS their kid, unless there was some odd genetic mutation with them that happened after her birth or was going to happen anyway.

Do realize that going by the theory she was likely raised by two people who're...not entirely there mentally so odd mannerisms are pretty much going to happen.

Retarded ass shit, specially when Mari has already been shown on other media.

Odd mannerisms or not I doubt that Shinji and Asuka wouldn't have raised her without manners.

Unless they've already died by that point and she got brought up by her gramps.

That's not what I meant. She is landing on her (possibly late) younger due to time travel father and she isn't suprised in any way about this. You would think that she would react or comment (cryptically) on that but she didn't.

Attached: lkjhgfds.jpg (550x734, 94K)

Me

DUDE MARI IS A TIME TRAVELER LMAO

Fuck off already she's just Asuka's stepsister.

Attached: 7345896349856398.jpg (478x750, 119K)

Now this is a yas queen I can get behind.

>Supposedly if you pay attention to her facial features and compare them to Asuka they look far too similar to each other - almost like they're related.

Yeah also works for Rei. Sadamoto only knows how to draw one teenage girl face

>Shinji's are brown and Asuka's are dark blue
Shinji's are dark blue (fairly similar to Mari's color), Asuka's are bright blue

Anyway I don't buy any theory that Mari has an origin story or is related to anyone. In the 2.0 CRC Anno, Sadamoto and iirc Tsurumaki talk about how they wanted to bring in Mari out of nowhere as an inexplicable random element to put a twist on the story.

I came to this thread to say one thing.

Gendo
Did
Nothing
Wrong

everybody wants some love, of any form

Better question, when is Michael Bay gonna get off his faggot ass and do that EVA movie he wanted to do?

he's a fuckman. anno intends him to represent the generation that was in power at the time of WW2. they sacrificed their sons to a nationalistic crusade (eva pilots are portrayed as kamikaze pilots expected to lay down their lives to repel the foreign invader) and then sat back and surrendered when they were threatened and sold the nation out to the enemy. he represents everything disgusting about Jap manhood

Retarded interpretation, no one wanted to surrender except the emperor. They were all willing to fight to the end even after Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Stop coming up with bullshit to excuse Anno of his plain moneygrubbing.

Evangelion isn't about Japan and WW2, why would you evem think of that?

Attached: maymay.png (720x480, 103K)

I would've coom on asuka's comatose body

NGE expresses some fairly sharp geopolitical opinions. It's similar to how Gunbuster takes place in a setting where Japan defeated the US in WW2 and is now the USSR's only rival as a world superpower. Anno's work is charged by his Japanese nationalism, as w/ Matsumoto on Yamato. Rebuild excises or tones down most of these opinions because is correct, it's a money making machine.

Shows and movies aren't about only one thing. Anno can be coming at things from a psychoanalytic perspective, a perspective of geopolitics, a reflexive commentary on himself, a spectacle perspective, or any of these at the same time. I'm just trying to explain why Gendou is contemptible.

He only wanted to be reunited with his wife man, he loved her more than anything. Now Shinji on the other hand...

IM
GONNA
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: 1451514054164.png (450x300, 164K)

Children, like every other cartoon

>disgusting

this
based
best parts of the OST
Rei's themes
Cruel Angel's Thesis
Thanatos
Dance Like you want to win
Komm Susser Tod
my least favorite character, I don't relate to what him whatsoever beyond being insular
ew
>liking a character who gets literally no characterization
kek

Attached: muh dick.jpg (640x480, 64K)

90s anime connoisseurs

So I'm confused, do Shinji and Asuka hate each other? If he hates her enough to strangle her why did he fucking nut to her comatose body?

Damn, Rei has some big titties.

It's...complicated, its implied they're in love but at the same time their issues bar them from communicating properly.

However odds are any relationship between them would probably be a sickly dependence on each other.

>No i would be happy, because i want to die, I long for despair. I want to return to the void, but i can't, I can't return to the void, he won't let me go back

Hit me like a ton of bricks

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=47rpp0jg5D4

Attached: cry.png (691x653, 27K)

Does he jerk off to her in the movie? I mean, I'd honestly do the same

Yes, then he hates himself for doing it. Like Jesus, that broad could give Shinji a blowjob and he'd still hate himself for it afterwards.

Rei looks like she just peed in the bath.

You gotta wonder if that's a holdover from Yui.

Fuck the Rebuilds, I want a Tokyo-3 SoL

Attached: ReiRunning.png (500x375, 264K)

Yikes, the SOL was supposed to be cringy.

unironically this

Read the alternate high school manga

Honestly? Young Japanese males.

Still waiting for Gigguk to do an abridged parody of 2.22

I watched it when I was 14 and thought it was the greatest thing ever.

guys i just want to say i'm a 28 year old who has fits of depression randomly i even wake up at 4 am with my dopamine depleted its nuts i just tell myself "its okay its okay its fucking okay" until i fall back asleep

i'm also engaged to someone who loves and truly cares about me and she said eva is "her favorite anime i've shown her" (shown akira, ghost in the shell, and that pretty awful aggretsuko and your lie in april because my research said normies might like that shit)

i'm really proud of her and we're all gonna make it bros even when we feel like the chemicals inside us are crushing us to a pulp and we fantasize about bleeding out in bed until we go to sleep forever sometimes.

asuka introduction episode is next and i'm excited

this

Then you clearly haven't watched the Rebuilds

sauceme user

You don't understand, the audience are all targets.

people who like robot movies like

>Then you clearly haven't watched the Rebuilds
I have, three times. 3.0 is my favorite one

Attached: Gendo_Ikari_by_Darthval.jpg (680x485, 52K)

fuck this reply came way too late for all the (you)s it deserves

Humans.
Not NPCs.

Anno makes Shin Godzilla and then Shin Ultraman.

Is Shin Gamera next?

Neon Genesis Sneedvangelion

I finished the anime and EoE like a month ago.
Are the rebuilds any good or just a bunch of fanservice?