Does he have the potential to become a box office draw in an era where star power doesn't exist anymore and only brands...

Does he have the potential to become a box office draw in an era where star power doesn't exist anymore and only brands matter? He's already using his rising fame and marketability to make indie kinos. People who had never set foot in a theatre went to Broadway just to see him.

Attached: IMG_20190909_200010.jpg (976x1112, 193K)

El goblino...

>where star power doesn't exist anymore and only brands matter?
Does it? Brad Pitt and all the likes have seen the power of their fame gone? Did I miss something?

He was pretty great in Paterson.

Only few actors still have star power and they're either hitting or they're way past 50.

Doesn't matter, he's a pussy magnet

He's already a draw for me desu
Any non-star shits films with him I'd watch it

With his appearances in Netflix and Amazon films it's more streaming draw than box office.

He's a landwhale magnet, you mean.

His BDE radiates through the internet. He'll be names sexiest man in the world soon if he hasn't already. Holy shit he's packing a big one and he looks like someone from the 1800's.

No

You think the Gosling, McAvoy, Fassbender won't have star power?
Maybe our period sees director as more powerful people than actor, see that Chazelle guy.

Fassbender has disappeared. Gosling can't act. McAvoy I agree.

Those movies will also have a theatrical release though

Same for me. I'm tempted to watch IX in the theatre just for him.

I really enjoyed that movie. The casting for his girlfriend could have been better.

She was a qt

Mcavoy and fassbender have been at what would have been peak exposure back in the day for YEARS now. They still don't have star power. Star power is fucking dead. Literally no one will go and see a film purely because it has x actor in any more.

gyno goblin was a mistake

X-men is not peak exposure

W-why don't we have stars anymore?

Attached: CpdHq3BXEAEFJL1.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

I think he's pretty okay but I doubt he'll become a box office draw.

I like him and I have enjoyed him in everything I have seen him in so far. He was the best thing about the ST and was also good in Don Quixote, as well as Logan Lucky and Paterson.

What kind of peak exposure? By Hollywood standards they have almost only played in indie movies.
Now consider Hemsworth or Evans. Chicks would flock to movies with them if they did anything besides capeshit.

That's not true though. They're both shit actors and MIB International bombed.

He likes his indie stuff and NuWars was the exception because they reassured him he would play the most developed character so I doubt he will be doing another blockbuster soon. I just hope he does something big enough with him as lead or strong supporting role.

Ah shit, totally forgot about that. I stand corrected.

It's because films aren't marketed like they used to be in the 90's.

When a film trailer plays in the theater or TV there's no narration voice anymore that would say in a booming voice "MICHAEL FASSBENDER" while a shot of him is on the screen.

They don't sell movies based on actors anymore, they sell them on brand recognition. And sometimes on director recognition (Nolan,fincher, Wes Anderson, Tarantino, coens etc)

The phrase (from the visionary director) wasn't uttered untill like 12 years ago. People rarely knew directors other than Spielberg.

Just stepped in to say he's the best actor alive and the cutest as well.