La Grande Bellezza

What's Yea Forums's opinion on this film?

Attached: MV5BNjg5NmI3NmUtZDQ2Mi00ZTI0LWE0YzAtOGRhOWJmNDJkOWNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzIzNDU1NTY@._V1_.jpg (1048x1500, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zOswhmJNqaI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALdOE3PfqKg
youtu.be/FskOzt6INlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fantastic movie. Defenetly best of Paolo's.

Its so colourful, so ripe. It almost like u can eat it.

I really enjoyed watching it.

Quinoa of the highest order

Infinitely rewatchable.

Storywise and structurewise it's a little too similar to Dolce Vita, but Sorrentino's humor is slightly different and his camerawork is absolutely sublime. It's truly gorgeous and incredibly tangible.

unironically top 10 of this decade and one of the greatest pleb filters ever conceived

What was this even about. Somebody explain.

tailored kino

What about this?

Attached: 71m7uTfE8LL._SY450_.jpg (324x450, 29K)

>Do you know... why I only eat roots?

Watch it before La Giovinezza. Even though there's more meat on this one, I found that a more organic experience... in a word's classic sense.

Attached: LaGiovinezzaClassicPoster.jpg (1080x1600, 126K)

It is about a man who can make giraffes dissapear
Kino but not as kino as Bellezza

it's a shit unashamedly derivative version of la dolce vita

Pretentious

itt: Yea Forums is finally right about something

It's very good.
Not as good

I was hugely underwhelmed by Loro. I think that might have been due to the international release being a bit of a cobbled-together version of the two separate parts. But even still, it wasn't very good. Perhaps even a bit too self-indulgent, which is why some of his earlier stuff (Il Divo, Conseguenze dell'Amore) are better, cause he's still developing that style.
At least The Young Pope smashed the trend of all his works in English being mediocre-to-bad

in Yea Forums best film of decade lits

Attached: l7h4x4wujxgz.jpg (2100x1500, 326K)

Kino

Except The Young Pope (absolute kino) I haven't seen any other stuff from Sorrentino. What should I watch ?

Il Divo and Le Conseguenze dell'Amore are must-watches.
Youth is alright
This Must be the Place is dreadful
Loro might be good in its original two-part form, but the international release wasn't very good, aside from maybe the sheer number of boobs on display.

Decent, little bit cheesy. Doesn't mesh that wannabe profound dialogue with some great moments as well as his other films.
I agree about Loro although i enjoyed it at the end. I would give it like 6/10.
Il Divo and Consequences of Love are his better works. Youth is also decent.

I dont think there is much to it. It's about a man who achieved great acclaim in his mid 20's, moved to Rome and became part of the upper social elite there for 40 years, never to write another book again because he completely lost touch with the things that inspired him to write his work in the first place.

I towards the end of the film, he realises how empty the life he has led has left him. No long lasting romantic relationship, friends come and go. Wherever he goes, he is constantly remined of how old he has become. His friends daughters and in their early 40's, his old girlfriends die, all his friends are older.

Life just whizzed by in the blink of an eye and he has very little to show for it in the ways that matter the most to him.
That's why he went back to the quiet little town that he grew up in, to maybe find a little of that which made him love life in the first place.

It's been a while since I saw it, but that's the lasting impression I got.

One of the best movies of this shitty decade. That opening scene alone was absolute kino.

life

I liked it.

incredibly good but still not as goot as the young pope and the consequences of love
you either love it or hate it
personally, I think it's a classic
this user is 100% right
you won't understand a thing in Il Divo if you don't know shit about 80s italian politics

I think you can get what's happening in Il Divo, if you concentrate. Il Traditore is a good companion piece to Il Divo.

I loved it

Bump

Absolutely fantastic

Attached: 1374032485643.jpg (610x582, 58K)

FUCKING AMAZING KINO

WAYYY WAYYYY BETTER THAN FELLINI'S LA DOLCE VITA

>BETTER THAN FELLINI'S LA DOLCE VITA
No

>BETTER THAN FELLINI'S LA DOLCE VITA
Absolutely not...

Jesus Christ Sorrentino, really?

Attached: cap14.png (1017x429, 1000K)

Is there a torrent for the extended version, has anybody seen that version?

youtube.com/watch?v=zOswhmJNqaI

you serious nigga?

What a shitty decade....

classic

>last week in Venice
>see Toni Servillio on the street
>start shouting: JEP! HEY JEP!
>he acknowledges my autism
>smiles and waves is hand

based

>projectionist playfully flicks the lights in acknowledgment

I'm feeling like a terrible brainlet now for disliking this and dropping it halfway in

Is this the most brutal verbal put down in movie history
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALdOE3PfqKg

The Turin Horse, The Tree of Life, Twin Peaks: The Return and this was released so it's not that bad.
Based
Very classy

Nah, it's not for everyone.

I personally cant understand why people are so up in arms about certain A24 films. I think they are rather dull. I just have to accept that they get something out of those films that I dont, like catholics thinking exorcist films is the scariest thing ever.

You should try another time and actually finish it.

Bump

youtu.be/FskOzt6INlQ

comfy