Joe Rogan says something dumb

>Joe Rogan says something dumb
>Neil deGrasse Tyson: Listen here, you stupid fuck.
Was that really necessary?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qwZXR2PlcEM
youtube.com/watch?v=csl7e0TU44U&t=
haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/media/pdf/1994-AJ-107,1444.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=XaQpjMR6xhA
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30&t
youtube.com/watch?v=4io8HBtX9pA&t
haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/about/cv.php
youtube.com/watch?v=Uhx7_7mItIw
youtube.com/watch?v=36GT2zI8lVA&t=202s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love how black science man keeps fucking interrupting joe and talking about things he has no idea about. Some of their topics are interesting but NDT just keeps acting like he has supreme knowledge of anything ever brought up, but can't elaborate. And a few times he keeps trying to force his opinion as fact. (I watched both NDT interviews back to back so I may be mixing them here)

Neil Degrasse Tyson could look a smelly pile of poop and explain for two hours why it is beautiful and how without it, life on Earth would never have arisen

Tyson did a pretty bad job explaining why Tesla's broadcast energy concept wouldn't work.

Did they smoke before this? Neil seemed out of it for a bit there.

>I watched both NDT interviews
There's a new one from several days ago and Joe Rogan was about to get chocked.

>when he got up to touch the walls

>So, Neal, you were recently accused of rape. Care to explain why that was?
>NDT has autistic fit
>based Rogan wins again

>it's fake, like your walls are fake
>MY WALLS ARE NOT FAKE
>they're fake, joe
>TOUCH THEM
>what
>TOUCH THEM. STAND UP AND TOUCH THEM.
>jamie, is he serious?
>TOUCH THE FUCKING WALLS

>Neal, I thought because you were a science black man you wouldn’t be a rapist but I guess a spade is a spade

I didn't get that at all. It really sounded like Neil was off his game and actually came off arrogant and stupid. It's amazing when Joe was the one in the conversation that actually kept a level head. Also Neil's generalizations are idiotic.

Was Neil on drugs?

Attached: 1542973135310.png (1223x935, 777K)

neil is really dumb. I really dont get why people like him.

If he actually said that and in an appropriate context I would have some respect for him.
But he is still inferior in every way -- as a scientist, as a television personality, in dank retention -- to Sagan.

Oh by the way I was responding to OP.

>Did they smoke before this? Neil seemed out of it for a bit there.
he's way too full of himself because joe bigs him up a lot and babies himself

Joe seemed pretty irritated with him and NDT seemed pissy during this interview. Pretty odd when you’d think NDT would want to come across as pleasant since his accusations

Because people are dumb.

Who isn't on something?

he has autism

it seemed like he was on coke

No, he has autism.

Attached: 1567793687177.png (770x978, 100K)

I watched his gay StarTalk show on NatGeo that claimed to be on the science of cycling and all he did was interview Lance Armstrong and make inane comments like, "Is sleep a performance enhancing drug....for me it could be music!"

Lance provided the only science when he tried to briefly explain power to weight ratio.

so what's NDT's opinion on DMT?

That's a reasonable point tho, people get worked up over what are basically freak anomalies.

>psychadelics are for hippies and niggers. Stims is where's at, breh.

Me nigga

Why is this autistic? He is just putting it into perspective.

Pretty much. The people who complain about gun crime dont care about car deaths, unskilled brown doctors, male suicide rate, etc. Fucking hypocrites.

someBODY ONCE TOLD ME

Based NDT, this is why (((joe))) made him look foolish

Did Joe make him look foolish though?

Yeah I saw Van Gogh Vest Neil and Cowboy Hat Neil

With editing

>Pretty odd when you’d think NDT would want to come across as pleasant since his accusations
Not really if you follow him on social media. He reminds me of a RL Ian Malcolm

Damn this podcast still exists?

It's all ogre

Attached: Joe Rogan.jpg (712x800, 105K)

Kek.

Why did Joe drop the live format? I have two theories but I'm not sure about either one.

>After Elon Musk smoking caused his stocks to drop celebs were less willing to go on live
>After that incident, Kanye wanted to appear but, going through his own media scrutiny at the time, requested to not be live.

I think after these two consecutive incidents Joe figured it'd be safer to pre-record the whole thing.

People get worked up over things for varying reasons.
Sometimes it's when it's things you have no control over. I'm not afraid I'm going to commit suicide for example. I'm not likely to die to the flu even if I catch it. Also while I do worry about being the victim in a deadly car accident, I also know that I can drive more safely and take more precautions to lower that risk. Furthermore some risks are just forced on us by life and are understood as such. Odds are that anyone undergoing major surgery made a risk assessment (or explicitly trusted in their Doctor's risk assessment).

Meanwhile, mass shootings are random events people have little control over and dramatically violate the sense of security provided by society. Airplane crashes are events you have no control over and often involve a being trapped in a terrifying scenario of impending doom. It's not just a case of spectacle vs data. It's not just that mass shootings are "spectacle" it's that they are gross violations of the expected order.

No he's a nigger. So maybe he was on coke.

>Meanwhile, mass shootings are random events people have little control over and dramatically violate the sense of security provided by society. Airplane crashes are events you have no control over and often involve a being trapped in a terrifying scenario of impending doom. It's not just a case of spectacle vs data. It's not just that mass shootings are "spectacle" it's that they are gross violations of the expected order.

Is it though, I'd say a large part of it had to do with media reporting, no one looses their shit, when 10 people get shot in Chicago over the weekend.

Has rogan ever explained why it stopped being a live show?

>Just shut up for a minute, Joe. Ok?

youtu.be/qwZXR2PlcEM

Attached: Screenshot_20190907-213002.png (638x553, 251K)

Why does it has to be drugs? The dude was accused of raping scores of females of questionable age. That pressure is obviously still hanging over him, he was just on edge

>I thought pipes break just because the water expands.
>Yeah, I just described that in the opposite direction.
>Ooooh, but I didn't know it gets larger.
>That's what expansion means.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure it's because Elon Musk made his company lose a bunch of money live while he was on the show

>just eating a bowl of jalapenos and hot sauce for breakfast

Is he always shitting?

>accused of raping scores of females
Lol it was 3.
1. Landwhale had a tattoo of the solar system, he rolled her sleeve up to see Pluto
2. Crew member on a tv show asked him for a hug, he said no and joked that "if I hugged you I'd just want more"
3. Crazy ex-girlfriend who had consensual sex with him a bunch of times but said one time it was rape with no evidence

The only real rape accusation was from the 3rd girl and she was a nutter.

Joe rolling his eyes after being cut off for the 5th time was hilarious

>Was that really necessary?
I mean yeah kinda, he was being very stupid.

Calling him a wop was uncalled for tho

I think it was the twitter ceo who caused it. The first episode made twitter look so bad that he came back for a redo and brought his fucking lawyer.

>Joe already mad because Schaub told everyone that he's cheating on his wife
>NDT being his usual pompous self
>Joe asking his dumb stoner questions
>NDT responding like Joe is a 5 year old
Neither of them had any patience for each other, just a shit episode all around

>>Joe already mad because Schaub told everyone that he's cheating on his wife
ooh what I missed this, sauce?

Schaub deleted the entire episode, you can probably find it on youtube though. Basically Schaub was talking about bald guys who still got a lot of chicks, and he said "Dana White, Joe Rogan" and then stopped. Fucking idiot.

Brendan said something about bald guys slinging dick
he had two examples, joe rogan and dana white

Brendan Schaub isn't a comedian though, so that probably wasn't a joke.

Touch a nerve there m8?

A bit, I hate how a lot of guys are getting #MeToo'd over innocuous shit.

Neil's tone completely changes about 30 minutes into the interview when he realizes "oh, this guy is a fucking idiot" because Joe doesn't know the meaning of words and rather than use context clues he has his trained monkey pull up the dictionary.

Meh

There are no "context clues" for scientific definitions.

He was redpilling about tranny suicide rates. I don't remember who the guest was, but the day after that and from then on, the show has been taped.

>Beatification, what's that mean?

Yeah, I can hypothesise but I was wondering if he'd addressed it. I assume not.

>Joe: I thought frozen pipes burst because the water expands
>Tyson: Right, that's what I just described
>Joe: But I thought the ice would take up more space than the water
>Tyson: That's what expansion means

Neil was a confrontational dick in this episode. Swearing, getting angry, insults Joe and his bald head, holier than thou know it all attitude, belching and stomach gas noises into the mic. What a fucking chode.

Why should I give a fuck about what someBODY who's not the SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED says?

It could just be jewish tricks?

>implying you knew what it means, or that it's multiple words

Interdesting, I know it was Graham Hancock that spilled the secret.

Isn't black science man, bill neigh teir scientist though.or is he actually accomplished?

Hes far above Bill but still more or an entertainer

Black science man has a phd in astrophysics, he's more than qualified to talk about that stuff. It's when he starts talking about unrelated shit that hw gets into trouble.

probably did some of that high grade hollywood hills powdered snow. joe was chill because hes got tolerance by black science man couldnt stop interrupting dude was spun

He's the Gordon Ramsey of science

Naeh, not at all.
>Bill Neigh
BS in Mechanical Engineering.
>Neigh Degrasse
AB Physics, MA Astronomy, MPhil Astrophysics and PhD Astrophysics
and a career in various universities and instutitons in astronomy after that

>Meanwhile, mass shootings are random events people have little control over

I think the general hysteria over mass shootings is because the general perception is the opposite. Those most upset believe they could have a lot of control over the issue by just banning all guns or asking for background checks (that we already have). They see the people trying to be rational about the issue as irrational for not being upset that simple solutions aren't being sought after.

The elite are all about trascendence and living forever and the secret of the universe and they want to know all this. Some are good, some are bad, some are a mix. But the good one never want to organize, the bad ones instead the want to organize because the lust for power. Powerful consciusnesses don't want to dominate other people, they want to empower them so they don't tend to get together until things are late in the game, then they come together, evil is always defeated, because good is so much stronger.
And we are on this planet and, Einstein's physics showed it, and Max Planck physics showed it, all physics showed it: there's at least 12 dimensions. And now all top scientists and billionaires are coming out and saying "it's a false hologram, it is artificial" the computers are scanning it and finding tension points where it's artificially projected and gravity is bleeding in to this universe. That's what they call dark matter.
So we are like a thought or a dream, that's a whisp in some computer program, some God's mind, whatever (they're proving all, it's all coming out). Now, there's like this sub-transimission zone, below the third dimension, that's just turned over the most terrible things, it's what it resonates to, and it's trying to get up into the third dimension, that's just the basic level consciousness to launch into the next levels. And our species is already way up into the fifth, sixth dimension consciusnly, our best people. But there's this big war trying to basically destroy humanity, because humanity has free will and there's a decision to which level we want to go to. We have free will so evil is allowed to come and contend, not just good.

Didnt le black science man claim that bats were blind, something any 6th grader knows is false?

He's so arrogant, it's insane.

THAT POST WAS IN BAD TASTE BUT IT WAS ALSO BASED

Black science man caused Mike to lose to Buster Douglas

Give an example fuckwit

So it probably is just autism kek
>one of us, one of us.

smash mouth still desperately trying to stay relevant I see

>tfw Smashmouth retweeted a Shadman pic

Neil's biggest contribution to science was demoting Pluto from planet status.

I wont watch a 2 hour video where a nigger fraud lectures me

>fraud
He's an arrogant ass but he's not a fraud

>Joe doesn't know the meaning of words
It's true
youtube.com/watch?v=csl7e0TU44U&t=

Attached: 1566406209162.jpg (396x396, 97K)

Have you read any of BSM's papers?
Neither has anyone else. He has zero (0) papers listed on google scholar. He's not a scientist.

Kinda like seeing someone talk to Joe like the retard that he actually is for once. Also, Joe interrupts his guests that he doesn't like a lot so fuck him.

Joe is a dummy of epic proportions - wonder if the normies will ever find out

He calls himself a scientist, when he's actually a nigger. My favourite clip is where he's talking to another one that claims to have evidence that our reality is some sort of artificial construct, but the data is "too complex" to publish and nigger science fraud is giddy about it.

Neil was a complete cunt on this episode. Came off as a rude asshole, sounds like hes been hitting to much adderall.

so it really is a false hologram?

haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/media/pdf/1994-AJ-107,1444.pdf

Seriously, are we going to pretend Joe Rogan never interrupted a podcast guest before?

i feel like there's a slew of big / interesting jre guests and then... nothing for months. The guy who made Doom to Neil is fucking great and I can't keep up.

He is a scientist, you dolt

>Care to explain why that was?

>Rape and sex assault is about power joe , since black men have no power in society we cant rape.

Attached: ndt.gif (336x258, 2.11M)

>you know they say it's near all the time neal, day of the, look up 'day of the rope' jamie, yeah that there, they say it's coming any day now Neal

anything to watch on what you've just said?

Rogan is actually much better than other podcast hosts at not interrupting. He does occasionally but he usually will let his guests talk freely. Tyson just came off as a prick

I’m laughing imagining Rogan locking Neal’s fatass in the studio and getting a rope out. Tyson sweats profusely and starts pleading with Joe

BASED

Just looked him up on Google Scholar, he's a total hack fraud who only writes about other people's work.

>Is there a term "ghetto"? What does that mean?

>dramatically violate the sense of security provided by society.
Literally no one but yourself is responsible for your own safety. This is what people don't understand. The thought that they might have to kill a bitch who is trying to kill them makes them freeze up like a D2 toon running into the black wall of death. They've been so coddled by this nerf society that the very concept of self defense DDOS's their brain.

Painful.

"Noted Black Non-Athlete found hanging from battle rope"

>make grand, ridiculous claim
>turns out it was nowhere near as big as you claimed
>lol, seething
You're a retarded person.

youtube.com/watch?v=XaQpjMR6xhA

pull that up for me jamie

Fuck dude I'm not gonna run through the whole vid and get timestamps but lemme try to cite what I recall

>keeps interrupting Joe
throughout
>has no idea what he's talking about
he admits it himself when joe says something about physics equation, Joe: "I won't know what it means, you'll know, maybe they'll know" Neil: "No, they'll know and maybe I will".
>supreme knowledge over anything
any time joe starts to say something and Neil goes on a tangent explaining it
>forcing his opinion as fact
"ANY PROBLEM WE HAVE ON EARTH MUST BE EASIER THAN TERRAFORMING OTHER PLANETS" is simply not true by any means and his idea of making an injection that makes a person to any possible current or future disease is pure fucking bullshit

>bill neigh

Attached: Science Horse.png (1020x684, 1.09M)

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30&t
youtube.com/watch?v=4io8HBtX9pA&t

Kek
Enjoy how he was a SpaceX naysayer, and after being proven wrong still claims he's going to be proved right eventually.

his audience has made him think hes infallible and infinitely interesting

someBODY

hes right, but he cucked out on this later, so hes not based though

>Was that really necessary?
Yes, no one deserves a grisly demise more than low IQ /x/ tier schizo retards.

The fact that he insist on people adding the deGrasse on his name already shows what sort of egomaniac he is

I dunno, I'm pretty tired of people calling me "Seen". Kinda get where he's coming from.

I really hope you didn't make that image just for this terrible joke.

over 9000 hours in mspaint

I made a thread about it, didnt gain much traction though

holy shit how are there that many episodes since i last saw this getting shilled, does he film two a day?

google scholar doesn't have all the papers.

it would be right tho

If i ate something like this i will literally shit blood and and my asshole will burn for 2 days

Holy shit. This sounds like something they might actually say.

Mexican here i don't even eat that much of jalapenos and the sauce is a bit overkill.
Jalapenos are bad for your stomach in big quantities so try any other pepper

In those cases it's often gang related. If you don't live there, aren't in the gang, it won't effect you.

Now being afraid to go to a festival, a movie, or a concert for fear of being shot to death? That's not something many want to deal with.

You ever deal with fucktards all day? I completely get his attitude. Here's a comparison.
>study military tech for fun
>Study military history for fun
>Talk to numerous WWII vets who fired battle ships and artillery
>All of them describe factoring in the curvature of the earth
>THE EARTH IS FLAT BRO ITS A SCHEME, MATHEMATICS ARE CONTROLLED BY THE JEWS
So yea, he's tired of talking to dipfucks.

Attached: 1567611174200.jpg (1280x960, 167K)

Attached: 1413940570058.jpg (540x510, 71K)

>anime poster
It checks out, another retarded tranny.

roganiggers on suicide watch

I get it too, but as a public figure it's not appealing to me, especially when there's much better questions going on in cutting edge science/philosophy right now than Neil trying to prove flat earth is fake in 2019. Plus it seemed like Joe was just trying to have a laff at flat earthers and spiritualists with Neil but NDT got all defensive.

i hate black science man because he said in one podcast that he stopped tweeting stuff like "The only thing accurate in star wars(1977) was the 2 stars rising" because people kept defending star wars's science and told him to fuck off. Now i disagree with the basedboys that defend star wars's science of all fucking movies, but i also disagree with BSM because he misses the point of star wars, a movie that was never intended to be realistic, but was inspired by the fucking pulps and is basically fantasy/space opera. Joe rogan is based and should put dmt in guest's water

source

He was excessively aggressive, even for him. You could see him pull back at several points, like he's thinking "Must not dominate". If you threw in some teeth grinding, I'd think he'd just discovered nose candy. Tyson usually sucks all the oxygen out of the room, but he's never been this much of a buttinsky. He'd let people finish their fucking question, at least. Not sure what's going on there. I can usually tolerate him, but I wanted to smack a bitch watching this one. You could tell Joe was completely bummed out, too.

Americans don't know what "beatification" is?

Nah. Not coke. I thought the same thing too, but he doesn't have any of the signs of it, other than never shutting the fuck up. I think they just got him in a fucking mood, like he had a bad day or something. Like he was in LA for his COSMOS show, and they canceled it or something.

Joe getting a taste of his own medicine

>it's a "everyone's retarded except me" weeb virgin episode
Lmao

Rogan is really uneducated and annoyingly ignorant regarding lots of subjects while science nigger gets off on "teaching" people science trivia you learn in high school. They are made for each other.

Here's a (You) for effort

That's just good branding for a media personality.

He was not accused of raping "scores of women", you trolling piece of shit. ONE woman claimed it, with no corroboration, and no criminal charges filed - and most people think she's crazy. The other THREE women who accused him, said he was just acting inappropriately. Which he apologized for.
Don't like the guy, but stop with the womanish bullshit accusing him of shit he didn't do. If he'd been accused by ONE credible woman of rape, he'd have been fired on the spot by the Hayden. Spoiler: he didn't.

Of course Joe Rogan is cheating on his wife. He's a famous millionaire and pretty manly for "famous millionaire" standards. These high-level guys are never monogamous, it's stupid to think they are. They have mistresses. It's just the nature of the game.

If true...YES. That means that fuckhead won't be on Rogan's show anymore.

ill beatify the fuckify outta yo face /dab

Neil has been on the show at least three other times, and has NEVER been like this. It's his job to explain complex ideas to people like Joe, at the planetarium. He was just in an extra-pompous mood. He has always been patient with Joe in the past, bringing him up to speed.

Joe should just get brian cox back on

He's moving out of LA. So it'll be easier for him to head back to LA occasionally and pre-record podcasts with different celebrities in bulk.

He's published plenty. He's just never been a lead scientist on projects.
haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/about/cv.php
The Faint-End Slopes of Galaxy Luminosity Functions in the COSMOS Field
C. T. Liu et al., 2008, Astrophysical Journal Letters, v.672, p.198

COSMOS: Hubble Space Telescope Observations
N. Scoville et al., 2007, Astrophysical Journal Supplement, v.172, p.38

The Cosmic Evolution Survey (COSMOS): Overview
N. Scoville et al., 2007, Astrophysical Journal Supplement, v.172, p.1

Optical light curves of the Type IA supernovae SN 1990N and 1991T
P. Lira et al., 1998, Astronomical Journal, v.115, p.234

(See also Erratum: 1998, Astronomical Journal, v.116, p.1006)

BVRI Light Curves For 29 Type Ia Supernovae
M. Hamuy et al., 1996, Astronomical Journal, v.112, p.2408

The Type Ia Supernova 1989B in NGC3627 (M66)
L. A. Wells et al., 1994, Astronomical Journal, v.108, p.2233

The Expanding Photosphere Method Applied to SN1992am at cz = 14600 km/s
B. P. Schmidt et al., 1994, Astronomical Journal, v.107, p.1444

On the Possibility of a Major Impact on Uranus in the Past Century
Neil D. Tyson et al, 1993, Astronomy & Astrophysics (Research Notes), v.275, p.630

An Exposure Guide for Taking Twilight Flatfields with Large Format CCDs
Neil D. Tyson & Roy R. Gal, 1993, Astronomical Journal, v.105, p.1206

Radial Velocity Distribution and Line Strengths of 33 Carbon Stars in the Galactic Bulge
Neil D. Tyson & R. Michael Rich, 1991, Astrophysical Journal, v.367, p.547

On the possibility of Gas-Rich Dwarf Galaxies in the Lyman-alpha Forest
Neil D. Tyson, 1988, Astrophysical Journal (Letters), v.329, p.L57

Bursting Dwarf Galaxies: Implications for Luminosity Function, Space Density, and Cosmological Mass Density
Neil D. Tyson & John M. Scalo, 1988, Astrophysical Journal, v.329, p.618

uvby Photometry of Blue Stragglers in NGC 7789
Bruce A. Twarog & Neil D. Tyson, 1985, Astronomical Journal, v.90, p.1247

Joe should just think about things a bit more.
youtube.com/watch?v=Uhx7_7mItIw

>is ghettoize based on the world “ghetto”

Holy shit. It’s worse than I thought

i couldn't make it past 30 minutes of this fucking garbade. i cant stand this pretentious cunt

This. Joe acts so fucking stupid sometimes that I have to turn it off.

>guest: they did a study that shows...
>joe: but how do they test that?
>guest: it’s was a scientific study...
>joe: but how can they know how...
>guest: They did some tests and it shows that...
>joe: how exactly did they test that?
>guest: uhhhh... I didn’t personally—

>On the Possibility of a Major Impact on Uranus in the Past Century
>Neil D. Tyson

Attached: smile.jpg (600x600, 30K)

What's wrong with that line of questioning? You're saying people shouldn't question or pay attention to methodology and just accept any paper labelled as scientific?

>Crew member on a tv show asked him for a hug, he said no and joked that "if I hugged you I'd just want more"
Kind of amazing that you can get MeTood for telling a girl that you *don't* want to touch her. Absolute no-win scenario.

I don't mind when he asks questions. I hate when he tries to come off as an authority, like when it comes to the work of Peterson and whatever Hancock is babbling about at any given time. Joe gets REALLY aggressive when Peterson's theories are questioned.
He needs to be more Art Bell, and let the guest go where they want.

Rogan is a brainlet but what's really troubling is his lack of reasoning. Asking why a fundamental force exists is equivalent to an overactive 5 year old wanting to know how things happen in everyday life without having a deeper understanding of any of it. There's a Feynman video about "Why" questions. Funnily enough, he explains why ice is slippery.

youtube.com/watch?v=36GT2zI8lVA&t=202s

>Tries to hold Joe's hand at the start
>Joe is playing comedic dumb guy
>Oh, shit. He is really dumber than I remembered.
>Joe's mind blown by triple point
>Gets bombarded by elementary level questions, tries to answer them but obviously perturbed
>Joe: BUT WHY GRAVITY??

And really it's the end of Schaub's comedy career, which is great for comedy.

>all these roidchimps buttmad their podcast hero got slapped by a based black man

>NOOOOOOO STOP QUESTIONING WHY THINGS EXIST JUST ACCEPT THEY EXIST AND DON'T LOOK ANY FURTHER JUST STOP

The worst was when he had a surgeon advocating eating less meat against a blogger advocating a carnivore diet.
>surgeon cites decades-long studies linking the western diet to heart disease
>joe: but why are you relying on these old studies
>surgeon: well these studies take a long time, you have to study the long-term impact of a diet-
>joe: but you keep citing these old studies
It was like watching someone try to argue with a wall. Only that wall was made out of elk meat and steroids.

Then Jordan Peterson goes on the podcast and says "eating only meat cured all my diseases also I once drank apple cider and couldn't sleep for a month" and Joe just nods and goes "wow".

NDT has been out of his field of study for years and is incompetent at all fields of study, even astrophysics. He's just a narcissist who mindlessly spews nonsense.

Attached: Consider the OHOHOHO.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

You’re right that things should be questioned. However, there should be an amount of credibility to real scientific studies. You shouldn’t start at zero. And he needs to stop assuming his guests know every detail when they are simply supplying a piece of somewhat credible data in a conversation.

Please god no. Cox is very willing to spoon feed Joe even when presented with his small, feeble brain. Last time he literally had to explain why cosmologist see Space as flat. He kept asking the question until Cox was able to put it the most simplest of terms...and even then I'm not sure he understands it.

>there should be an amount of credibility yo real scientific studies
Why? And what makes a study "real"?

Ok fuck off I’m not going to argue the merit of scientific studies as a whole with you. You a flat earther, by the way?

>and is incompetent at all fields of study, even astrophysics.
I think he's only competent in physics/astronomy but has convinced himself he's an expert in everything. Idk if there's a word for this, but sometimes people who are well-educated in one area spout opinions about everything else from the same position of extreme confidence authority as if they were talking about their actual area of expertise. Like brain surgeon Ben Carson thinking the pyramids were built a Hebrew man to store grain.

>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU QUESTIONING THE AUTHORITY OF OUR PRIESTHOOD YOU MUST BE SOME KIND OF CRAZY SCHIZOPHRENIC THESE SCIENTISTS ARE YOUR BETTERS UNDERSTAND SO STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND ACCEPT WHAT THEY TELL YOU IS THE TRUTH THEIR METHODOLOGY DOES NOT MATTER

*confidence and authority
*pyramids were built by a

Lefties think that the only reason there aren't more blacks and women in STEM is because math types need cheerleading.
Thus publicly loving Neil has the effects of proving you're not a witch -- sorry, I mean not a racist, plus supposedly some imaginary black kid will see all the Neillove and decide to do extra math homework.

Literally Dunning-Kruger, which was first studied in academics and university students.

>Not understanding why asking a stupid question is stupid
>Asking someone to explain something neither of them can understand

It's like Rogan and his fans have the capacity of a 5 year old. No, no one is going to give you the answer to the most fundamental questions in existence. Just try to understand the physical states of water first. Surprised Jamie's A in physics couldn't step in an save the day.

>a person calling himself a scientist deserves some respect
Look up Alan Sokal.

Attached: 1561691578937.jpg (750x608, 64K)

NDT was in a bad mood that day. Dunno why. But if it had been me and Rogan was asking me about gravity AGAIN I would lose my shit too.

Eh. He's a neckbeard, is all. He loves the smell of his own farts - and likes the money and fame of his job, instead of hard science. It wasn't lost on me that he was complaining it cost the equivalent of a monthly home mortgage to park his $100k car in New York City - that book money must be good.
I recall in the past, when he was more humble, he admitted he chose the PR/Education path at the Hayden, because he enjoyed it more.
If you want more enjoyable hard science lectures, go check out the Royal Institute channel on Youtube, it's talks by the people doing the actual science, it's good stuff.

>Joe. JOE. Listen.
>There are two types of electrons. Electrons and Positrons. Minus and Plus. They are both fermionic leptons, but we say positrons are the anti particle to electrons, anti electrons. Because we live in a world of electrons and NOT positrons.
>You see Joe. JOE. Hey.
>Now we might think we live in a world were electrons are negative. BUT HOW, JOE, would we know? What if they are really positrons, and WE are the anti particles?
>WOAH DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS
>JAMIE PULL UP A PICTURE OF THAT GORILLA
>LOOK AT THAT
>ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT CHIMP IS POSITRONIC?
>Yes. Joe. JOE. Maybe. It doesnt matter. Its all an illusion, man-made, a non existent definition.

"Squirrels are basically tiny chimpanzees" has me laughing like a fucking tard over here, lol.

I thought Dunning-Kruger was a more general thing, where people who are bad at something are more likely to overestimate how good they are. Like the most basic level I can think of is a baseball fan who never played past high school, yelling at a professional for swinging and missing at a 100mph fastball. I was thinking specifically about people who are really smart in one specific area letting that confidence bleed into all other aspects of their life.

Yeah that might be it. I think it was on his first JRE appearance, he talked about how he had this childhood fantasy about being some kind of nerd king/superhero. I figured he was just joking but I can't help but wonder if that's literally how he sees himself.

What actual questions did Joe present was he not competent in answering? How ice is slippery? Do you like internet ads?

You guys pretend like Joe is trying to have a scientific conversation when he just wants opinions and spoon fed answers.

>Joe gets REALLY aggressive when Peterson's theories are questioned.
>expose molyneux for cult leader he actually is
>fails to see peterson is no different

>tfw Joe wants to know why (how) gravity exists but he never into thermodynamics once

Aggressive lack of Alphabrain

Attached: triplepoint.png (795x665, 46K)

>What actual questions did Joe present was he not competent in answering?
I wasn't talking about the questions Joe was asking, I was talking more about Tyson in general. His tweets especially.

>You guys pretend like Joe is trying to have a scientific conversation
I've been listening to the podcast since 2015, I'm well aware Joe's not trying to have deep scientific conversations. Unless you consider hypothetical chimpanzee vs human combat scenarios to be scientific.

Dang man, you got to watch out for them weeds. They'll get you.

Tyson wants to be Carl Sagan. Tyson met and spent time with Sagan when he was a kid, and it had a profound effect on him. He's spoken about it often - and it's why he's doing the Cosmos reboot. Early on, his motivations were more pure, now he's cash grabbing as hard as he can, unlike Sagan. He's patterned his whole career after Sagan, but he'll never write a book that had as much impact as Cosmos. And please, god, don't let him try science fiction like Sagan did. Contact was actually good, Tyson will just write a self insert of a sexy, dashing black man holding alien's hands and staring into their eyes for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Nobody knows? Its all GR and empirical. No gravitons are known to exist. G Waves were the last thinh predicted, and if I remember correctly, they travel at the speed of spacetime.

>Joe is a dummy of epic proportions - wonder if the normies will ever find out
Joe is completely self-aware about not being smart. He's said many times that he's a dummy repeating what smarter people told him.

>Tyson will just write a self insert of a sexy, dashing black man holding alien's hands and staring into their eyes for an uncomfortable amount of time.
Mass Effect 5: Cosmos
>*Neil Degrasse Shepard grabs Liara*
>Did you know that Van Gogh painted Starry Night during AN ACTUAL NIGHT?!

I don't think you understand why people listen to Rogan. Yes, Rogan is the dumb guy asking smart people questions and he hides behind that fact. But the fact that he has conversations with this person for hours means that we can get well past the spoon-fed opinions and answers and get to something actually meaty.

The worst Rogan podcasts are when Joe just can't get the host past the basic shit - and it's often his fault because he just can't remember shit from past conversations or done any background to get past the regular shit. You can get the basic shit anywhere; you just Google the guest's name and any of the top YouTube results will get you the basic talking points.

I'm not going to listen to NDT because I don't like how bitchy that man can get. Even if Joe fucks up and doesn't prep any background information NDT or any other guest ought to understand that this fucking podcast is your moment to thoroughly vent an actual difficult or challenging idea. The whole fucking point of sitting there across from this neanderthal is that his audience wants whatever shit you can't say in a 5-minute television interview. If NDT is angry at the fact that he's the "black science guy activist" he has this opportunity to not play into that caricature but clearly he doesn't. I will dare say that fucker doesn't HAVE anything deeper to say because he's been peddling his ass on the media talking-head circuit for so fucking long.

Think about how David Wallace-Wells, a journalist who really has been on the scene for a couple years, just shows up and fucking just gives away all the hyper bleak shit on climate on Rogan - that's the sort of shit people want and NDT has his head too far up his ass to either have or deliver that shit and he's been fucking on the scene for nearly two decades.

IIRC, Joe wasn't really asking how but literally WHY.

fucking lol

Attached: joe.jpg (621x565, 55K)

Neil is usually an easy guest for Joe - he likes the "blow your mind" guests, like Tyson or Carlin, who can feed Joe a string of wild stories he can go 'woahhhhhh" over. That's literally Tyson's job - to spoon feed the juicy parts of science to the public, to get funding for the Hayden (who do good work, at the end of it all), and to promote his books and lectures. I usually can't get too far into a Tyson lecture, like the ones on Youtube when he's speaking to a college crowd, because he's just dropping anecdotes and funny stories and "woahhhhh" tidbits. He jumps around from topic to topic, for the ADHD crowd.
That's why I watch the more serious hard science lectures, like the Royal Institute. It's meat, to tyson's cocktail sausages.
The only point in discussing this latest episode is Tyson usually isn't so "WHY U SO STUPID?"

Attached: download-1.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Runny egg yolks, some peppers on a toast and hot pepper sauce on top. Great nutritional value and a great meal, not!

Why gravity exists? Tough question. Its either God or it exists because we are capable of discussing it.

Yeah this guy definitely did too many stimulants. You can just hear the dryness in his mouth.

That's not really bad, studies can suffer from poor methodology so it's good to ask such questions and not just take every study at face value.

You can generally be lazy and just mentioned that there was a study, but if it's more important to you, you should read the study and understand it before you cite it.

I expected better of you, user.

I guess I'm glad that Joe enjoys NDT. Unfortunately I'm not motivated to find his hard science lectures. This "WHY U SO STUPID" incident feels just like confirmation of how I feel about NDT.

The thing is, there are just people out there who are so smart that everyone else looks like ants. But the good ones, like Elon Musk or Eric Weinstein are cordial about it and don't lord over you with it; NDT, whether he's smart or not, just is a fucking asshole about it like Chomsky. It's one thing to say scientists suck at sharing facts with the public, but assholes like NDT or Chomskky in my opinion don't help either.

>fishes

Imagine thinking knowing a lot of random useless bullshit makes you smart. He got lucky and Affirmative Action'd through life fuck him

You kill one little ol' mayor, and everybody goes mad

Don't forget the show where Joe had on that guy that was faking studies that were accepted by acedemia. Joe just doesn't have an organized enough mind to gather his thoughts, pull his past conversations in and have a laser guided intent to a line of questioning like that - he had a guest who showed that a lot of published "science' is a fraud, he's just too mush brained to remember.
Plus, he's usually gakked out of his mind on caffeine and nutropics and pot when he's doing his show.

just fyi musk is like a irl homelander, you'd be shocked the shit that fucker gets into lol

his "super villain plan" is pretty dope tho so keep supporting him

>Joe gets REALLY aggressive when Peterson's theories are questioned
Which is strange because in his first podcast with Peterson he came off as passive aggressive and sarcastic at times.

You can't fucking be skeptical about the methodology if you don't know what kind of answer affirms or discredits the study. Do you really think Joe has any understanding of what would be a good or bullshit answer? In situations where he comes off skeptical it's not because he's being scientifically rigorous, he's just being a child. And to be fair, it goes the other way too, when he questions dipshits like Candice Owens about her batshit lack of intellectual honesty it's not that Joe is cognizant of disassembling her broken viewpoint but that he feels like she's fucking wrong, which in this case she is.

In order for conversation to happen you just have to trust the person across from you isn't lying. You take their citations of studies at face value and you move on. Given the quality of his guests and the time he gives them I wish Joe put a bit of fucking legwork into some background points to give a bit of thoughtful jousting but anytime he does it's because it's fortunate he remembers something from someone else.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's fine to be lazy because if you're credible, we can trust you have some sense of what you're reading is also credible. And Joe just presuming that the person across from them isn't credible when they are is kinda not the greatest. I seriously don't think Joe can muster a reasonable defense of marijuana or any other drug he uses that is structured enough that someone can take-away and use themselves; instead he would just dump a cavalcade of facts on the person and look like a big man. I don't know if it's the drug or culture but marijuana advocates are fucking retarded and can't be fucking bothered to listen to anybody if they disagree with them on any issue relating to pot. I fucking support legalization but the dipshits who are militant about using pot do nothing but bitch and yell at people who oppose it. And I feel like Joe is like that; he doesn't really help; he just provides a platform.

Neil alpha'd the fuck out of Joe. 30 minutes in Joe starts talking in a high pitched trembling voice for the rest of the episode

>it's a Joey Diaz defends shitting on the floor for 30 minutes episode

>Do you really think Joe has any understanding of what would be a good or bullshit answer?
I want to say that he's asking for the benefit of the viewer, but probably not.

>Think about how David Wallace-Wells, a journalist who really has been on the scene for a couple years, just shows up and fucking just gives away all the hyper bleak shit on climate on Rogan
Yeah, it's annoying how his lack of knowledge means he gets retards on the show who spout bs and he doesn't know any better to challenge them.

>Elon Musk or Eric Weinstein
>so smart everyone else looks like ants

I'm pretty certain most of the time Joe isn't asking for the benefit of the viewer. It's a technical skill many good interviewers either purposefully or subconsciously perform but by no means is Joe consistent enough at it for it to be a trait he has.

If Joe had a small piece of paper with like two or three key talking points relevant to the guests that ought to be covered his show would double in quality. But he doesn't and instead often just asks dumb fucking questions or goes on shit tangents.

Don't get me wrong, I like it when well-known guests talk about something outside their topic of expertise like Sam Harris talking about his fucked up attempts at going vegan or Michael Malice talking about his jeans or tropical fish or Mike Baker's adventures in car repair, but those are accidents and not something Joe has purposely or artificially teased out of people. I'm not saying Joe has to Nardwuar the shit out of his guests but it'd be nice if he had something.

>BTFOs Yea Forums eternally

Attached: 1548985377355.jpg (1065x1127, 560K)

Where can I take one of these online but one that's legitimate

Nothing to write home about. IQ also isn't the same as education.

You can't

Part of Joe's success is he's an everyman

>127

LMAOOOOOO ahahhahahahaha Joe is a fucking BRAINLET ahahahahaha

Why

>paying someone to tell you your """IQ"""
Much dumber Joe. So much dumber.

Attached: simple fried egg & cheese sandwich.png (1706x1040, 1.95M)

Joe must have skipped his Alpha Brain that day

was there any conspiracy talk on the newest podcast with eddie bravo? I couldn't give a shit about MMA i just want to see eddie bravo get BTFO by bryan callen

Attached: francesa laugh.gif (283x283, 856K)

This is fucking amazing and on point

Wonder how an Alex Jones with NDT show would be.

Attached: Joe Logan.jpg (816x404, 131K)

Wait, is there something wrong with runny yolk? That's how I make my bacon & eggs.

Attached: favorite way to eat elk.jpg (932x598, 204K)

WHY AREN'T YOU SQUEEZING YOUR ICE CUBES YET

>I think it's fish it's fish

To be fair they were actually just there for aesthetic purposes, it wasn't structural brick, just a thin layer.

Clearly a paid promotion. Also the phrase kosher salt is retarded.

I don’t understand why anyone bothers looking at Instagram when most of the big pages are literally just giant ads. Last time I was in there I got linked to a qt girl from someone here and literally every single post was a blatant ad. “Wow look at these new sandals from #sandalcocali they are great huh, etc. instagram is like if you bought a magazine and tore out everything but the ads and just looked at that all day. Wtf is wrong with people. And don’t say, but Instagram has celebs and cute girls! Because that’s exactly what the ads in magazines have too. It’s like everyone collectively went braindead one night when I was asleep and are all consumer drones but they forgot to give me the cocktail.

I've always thought this looks fucking delicious.

imagine the late night diarrhea though

They should hate fuck.

I screen capped this cuz it was one of the funniest things I've ever read on Yea Forums.

Attached: Screenshot_20190909-153322_Chrome.jpg (1080x2280, 701K)

OY VEY WHAT DO YOU MEAN ANTI-SEMITE

Holy shit neil was losing his shit. He is either, on some stimulant, or he was under breaking amounts of pressure. Which if he was he wouldn't do the show.