What do you guys think of Interstellar?

What do you guys think of Interstellar?

Attached: interstellaraltartowrk1.jpg (1699x1788, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RGYHGc0pTeI
youtube.com/watch?v=V9C-XzzJ-S8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everyone EXCEPT CONTRARIAN INCELS though that it was good.

The final part of the movie is atrocious and ruins everything.
Great visual tho.

>no spaghettification

DROPPED

Tars set humor to 100 percent

Does spaghettification really happen with gigantic black holes?

My friend and I saw it in IMAX. We both thought that it was terrible and were bored

this is your brain on ameritardism

t. contrarian incel

Yes. If light can't even escape because shit is getting pulled into the core at the speed of light, then your atoms will feel it and any nanometer of difference in distance will have vastly different gravitational pulls. Even by the time he was nearing the event horizon he should've already been a pile of mushed up biotic matter on the windshield.

Trash. Dumb story, dumb characters, dumb dialogue, dumb set-pieces.

>Future humans master blackhole technology
>They use it to set up gravitational spycams in cunny bedrooms

Without a theory of quantum gravity, no one really knows how it would work at that scale. It isn't as easy as saying two neighboring atoms would feel different gravity, because how no one knows how to formulate quantum mechanics with extreme space time curvature.

We've literally observed it happening to things as big as stars.

top 2 nolan movie

>Abysmally bad writing and story
>Everyone just thinks moon landings and going into space are fake because..... plot reasons
>"It's LOVE, Tars."
>The ending is a giant paradox and plothole that further ruins the lukewarm story.

But hey! The visuals were pretty to look at right?

The dumbest part was them dipping to the water planet first. It was closest to the black hole, so the most affected by time dilation. If they hit the other planets first, that planet only loses a few minutes. Whereas by going to first, they left the astronauts on the other planets stranded for years.

Name your favourite sci-fi film.
If it is 2001, please apologize if I start laughing at you.

the plot is dumb and I wish Nolan would try to make something like 2001. A film that leaves you in awe because of how beautiful it is. No real plot but more of a visual masterpiece with thought provoking themes. i don't know why Nolan is so obsessed with plots
I still liked it a lot

We have seen bulk matter pulled about by tidal forces. That isn't the same as seeing gravity pull neighboring atoms apart because its curvature is comparable to wavelength of atoms.

>Name your favourite sci-fi film.
Under the Skin or Moon.

Faggot

Not as bad as Inception because unlike that movie I had to have it pointed out to me how awful the writing was.
Memento and Dunkirk are his only good films for obvious reasons.

They can literally see the "rod" breaking from being atomically separated. Also inverse-square law.

The Prestige was great though

Attached: fat ogre shit.webm (830x720, 630K)

She was such a useless character.

Terrible dialogue and script. Mediocre film.

I loved it. It was beautiful, but you emotionally stunted philistines go on and on about how you've never been loved and try to take it out on the movie.

2001: A Space Odyssey for the "OMG LOL SCIENCE 4 DA WIN!!" crowd.

2010>2001

You need to be at least 18 to post here.

Based, redpilled and provably correct.

It resonated with me emotionally at times but some of the dialogue was awful. Nolan needs to get someone else to write his script so he can elevate it with his kino visuals.

But Interstellar came out in 2014, you dunce.

Why did TARS save Anne Hathaway on the water planet but let the other guy die?

Becauce Nolan is a hack.

>Inverse square law
Means nothing at the quantum scale, just like classical field theories don't. Electromagnetism had to be replaced with quantum field theory to correctly describe subatomic interactions, and the same will need to be done with gravity. No one has any idea what happens to an atom when curvature is so great that it is irrelevant on the scale of that atoms wavelength.

(you)

>blocks your path

Attached: 9eocgab7jcp21.jpg (1423x589, 93K)

Was TARS an incel?

Attached: blade runner 2049.jpg (938x1080, 134K)

Observations and theories that prove correct time and time again>your appeal to the unknown

>We have studied black holes on a quantum scale
>A theory of quantum gravity isn't needed, GR+QM is good enough
I'm sure the bulk of the world's cosmologists working on string theory and loop quantum gravity will be happy to hear your insights.

It’s a very sad movie, for most of us. Reading between the lines, it’s about the success of a break away civilization that successfully reboots the human species elsewhere. Only a very very few of the upper eschelon make it. The rest of humanity perished on dead earth.

>>Everyone just thinks moon landings and going into space are fake because..... plot reasons
Some people think that because of propaganda. People say Nolan films have too much exposition yet say dumb shit like this.

I like Interstellar, but I do understand the criticisms over the "love conquers all" plot.

a potentially 10/10 unparalleled masterpiece held back by an adherence to boring cinematic tropes. it had everything there - incredible visuals, huge budget, fantastic score, a great director and a brilliant concept, but the addition of stuff like "duhhh the power of love :))" and overly quippy dialogue drag it down to just being a good film. it's like they had all the ingredients for an transcendent once in a lifetime cinematic event like 2001 but just didn't have enough faith in it and so had to make sure that the average audience member wouldn't feel uncomfortable watching it. really sad

Quite a lot of plot hole criticisms on Nolan movies are dumb but then again if they're bright they wouldn't be talking about plot holes.

Captivating plot, emotionally powerful, visually stunning, great actor performances, GOAT score

9/10
loses one point for being too overt with the main theme of love, some subtlety would have done it more justice but I suspect they had to lay it extra heavy for mass audiences

>"The secret ingredient is... LOVE?! Who's been messing with this thing?!"

Because Anne was the furthest away and was in trouble? Doyle was literally about to get inside immediately after TARs.

Different user here.
Under the skin is arthouse trash. Not even naked ScarJo can save that steaming pile of shit.

Moon is pretty dope tho.

user, they didn't add the power of love shit after revisions or some shit. The original script by Jonathan Nolan was even more melodramatic and ridiculous than this and was meant to be directed by Spielberg.

that's not what i was trying to imply, i meant that fundamentally the script falls into too many predictable tropes. doesn't matter when they were written in

1st Act problems like in Inception:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGYHGc0pTeI

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

L O V E
O
V
E

Attached: mah nigga.jpg (708x847, 224K)

it was better as a book

Attached: starfarers.jpg (292x475, 63K)

Damon's character is the best because he retains a kind of fatal flaw, expecting to find something. Since TDK, Nolan's lost sight of the need for character's individual fatal flaws, but that film had three great flaws - the need for absolute Fairness, the need for constant Order, and the need to find Chaos within order.

Attached: 674d98a24b696dc12f6b9d3119c0fb4a.jpg (400x400, 14K)

The water planet was splendid but the ending ruined the film. I also hated Rust crying, his girlfriend was annoying too.

>I also hated Rust crying
you better not be talking about the "I missed out on my children's entire lives" scene, niggie

Attached: peepee hitting u.gif (400x386, 279K)

I don't care what he was crying about. That was obscene. A movie hero should never cry like that but that's feminist Hollywood. Enjoy your deconstruction.

get better bait material, dood

Attached: YeeYee.jpg (6000x3756, 762K)

Jessica Chastain becomes Einstein x 1000

>Chris "dead wife" Nolan
>Feminist

He is not saying inception has first act problems.He is saying it was able to give that through line.

I have zero interest in his biography. One is required to research such things in the case of true artist. Nolan will never reach that level. Accept the movie looked cool but was long, boring, pretentious and mildly stupid. Typical Nolan.

Kek it’s actually kino then

I totally loved this film

Also I wanted to fuck all three versions of the main girl: foy, chastain and old lady

what the FUCK is time dialation??

Not as good as Sunshine.

Absolute kino and too smart for most of Yea Forums

Well bros does it deserve to be on this list?

Attached: l7h4x4wujxgz.jpg (2100x1500, 302K)

think Nolan wanted to introduce a whole bunch of Christian elements to the film. Here are some interesting points:

1) Church Organ soundtrack through the whole film.

2) Shots of Coop and Brand with eyes and hands closed praying

3) We have Christian Trinity: Cooper represents the Father and Holy Spirit/Ghost (once he joins with Tesseract). Murph represents the Son a.k.a Jesus the savior (remember she was 10 years old at start and after 23 years time dilation was 33 when she “saves” the world – same age as Jesus dies). They both represent the Holy trinity.

4) We have an otherworldly unknown powerful presence who created the wormhole and tessaract that guide the events of the film – aka Godlike who has have basically interfered with and guided Coop throughout his life going as far as to construct a tesseract for one particular moment in time. God advocates true love and is major theme of film with father and daughter.

5) There were 12 original astronauts sent out onto the planets – There were 12 apostles of Jesus sent out for his gospel.

6) Cooper also spends decades wandering desolate environments,"Lazarus". Dies and is reborn at black hole.

7) Holy Spirit/Ghost Coop reaching out to touch people (including hand shake scene white light)

7) And just like Jesus after his resurrection, he came back (albeit 3 days vs. 70-something years) then left again after a very short period of time.

8) Literal Noah’s Ark with at end with Cooper space station transporting humanity.

9) Adam and Eve with Coop and Brand (embryos for Plan B – start new race).

Attached: 1536010523282.jpg (2001x762, 496K)

yes

>Best anything
>BvS

Attached: 1516907132413.jpg (514x514, 47K)

Didn't peg Nolan for being a christcuck. Yeah I am thinking Nolan is cringe. Hopefully Russos and Rian Johnson will overshadow this hack.

but annie hathaways

interesting theory
saved

Ahh finally a sublime meme.

>character that stands in for man
>named HUGH MANN
BRAVO NOLAN

matt damon is judas oooooooh

It always struck as stupid that the bulk beings put the wormhole two years travel time from Earth. Talk about inconvenient. Wouldn't Earth orbit have been a lot more useful?

Attached: convenience-charges-when-buying-tickets-online-78760.jpg (244x244, 39K)

I watched this last week, it was genuinely one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life.

i think it would adversely effect life on earth if much closer

Now I realize why Nolan likes Snyder.

The aging on the monitor scene made me tear up.
I was also like 14 when it came out but it was a good movie. Not Nolan's best.

It's patrician.

Attached: 1523605534158.jpg (1995x5184, 3.4M)

It has a through line with respect to his goal, I'm not sure it establishes everything we need to know about Cobb's character.

I love the film because I watched it on cinema. I dont blame anyone Who dislike it because it was made for the big screen.

Kinda lame love-is-the-answer movie. I like a 2 or 3 Nolan films but this ain't one of them. 5/10 at best.

sonic tier cringe.

BASED

>I'm sure the bulk of the world's cosmologists working on string theory and loop quantum gravity will be happy to hear your insights.
Meme camps for meme scientists

yeah, but you're likely well inside the event horizon before it happens

BRAVO NOLAN: The Movie.

She was the only female and TARS was probably taught about the plan B where the woman would repopulate a new planet with all the frozen sperm they brought with them.

the image of kubrick sold those movies more than you can imagine
if someone else made something like 2001 today it'd feel pretentious and fake

*tips fedora*

Attached: Tips3.gif (500x281, 2.71M)

>I do understand the criticisms over the "love conquers all" plot.
Definitely agree on that. It was a decent payoff to have the ancient aliens connect with the guy in the black hole and have him send the message back, but getting back OUT of the black hole and having a Happily Ever After was nonsensical. They should have explicitly killed him, or cut to black, or do a weirdo 2001 ending, anything really. And having hathaway's character forget she's a scientist and go off on the Love Monologue was brutal.

In general all the space stuff was fun though, lots of cool bits, even Saving Private Damon was good. Take a couple points off for the complaints above, call it a 7/10.

sunshine has its own problems, but it's doubly impressive for doing such a good job on a budget

Very kino

Link me to a source of these "observations" my good tripfaggot.

this, essentially
The premise was already retarded and it got worse during the movie.

3 scripts weirdly fused together as one.

I liked the first 2 parts but the third act was totally bullshit

this

Light can't escape once its already within the event horizon, outside of that, light can escape just fine.

Interstallar and Incepation are my favorite movies. Yes my IQ is 165, why?

Attached: 14456431.jpg (1483x966, 796K)

You two are both dumb for different reasons. The distance from a black hole's singularity where you get an event horizon and the distance at which an astronaut would experience spaghettification are not the same and there isn't a linear correlation between them. And it doesn't require a theory of quantum gravity to explain either, just a basic understanding of what an event horizon is and what tidal forces are.

Most people understand the basic idea that a black hole's event horizon increases in proportion to the mass. Pretty basic, more mass means more gravitation means a larger radius from which light can't escape. But tidal forces aren't an absolute quantity, they're a ratio of the gravitation experienced by the near end of a body to the gravitation experienced by the far end. The thing is, with a supermassive black hole, the event horizon is really far from the singularity, at a distance where the length of your body is not a significant percentage of the total distance to the center. So with a small (solar) black hole, you'd spaghettify well before you reach the event horizon. With a very large one, you could actually get well inside the horizon and be fine, for a while, discounting any "firewalls" or other weird shit. Of course you never actually cross the horizon yourself, it retreats from you as you approach, but that's a separate issue.

user specifically claimed that two neighboring atoms could be pulled about gravity. That is speculative. No one had a coherent theory for how the atoms behave when space-time is bent on a scale comparable to their wavelengths. Two atoms in a strongly curved spacetime are going to undergo physics completely alien to us.

user said a nanometer, which is a full order of magnitude up. is there any reason tidal forces from gravity shouldn't behave outside expectations at that scale? plus it's not like you need spaghettification at an atomic scale to have a sad astronaut.

There are people right now that believe in a flat earth and outright deny the possibility of global warming. it's not so farfetched.

>it’s another episode of guy who says you’re wrong then says the same thing you said in a longer way so he can jump in and show everyone how much heckin loves science

I hate this episode

No. The tidal forces of an SMB are less then you'd feel with a spring tide on earth.
Also, if you have a Kerr black hole, there are certain geodesics where tidal forces cancel out.

one of Yea Forumss best moments

>Nolan
>Terrible dialogue and script
I think you might be onto something here

Numerically, yes.

>What do you guys think of Interstellar?
It went to shit once Foyfu stopped being in it.

All you said is that expectations are different now than 50 years ago. That's hardly a controversial or groundbreaking statement.

What about all those fake wombs?

Tranny gore webms
Based choices, both kino.
Pleb filtered.

Demolition Man, you shit-brained, fuck-faced, ball breaking, duck fucking pain in the ass

>sad

You're going to lose all your credits with a potty mouth like that, user.

Overhyped absolute fucking dogshit.

The main problem is that it was far, far too long. They should have cut out all the boring Earth shit and just made it about this small crew in the infinite vastness of space exploring these weirdo planets, as that's the best part of the movie. It wouldn't have been hard to squeeze into 100 minutes, and it would have made the movie infinitely more powerful. Nobody, not one person on the face of the earth, cared about the guy's whiney kids.

The movie is called "Interstellar" for pete's sake, why is half of it about some tornados in a dirt field?

The only thing you'd lose would be the cool visuals in the ending, but those could easily be written around.

Also, Quip-Bot 9000 was straight out of parody.

Attached: brian.jpg (550x545, 23K)

Oh god, this is Nolan? I didn't pay attention. No wonder it's both complete trash and obscenely overhyped.

>I wish Nolan would try to make something like 2001
Interstellar was Nolan trying to make 2001

Interstellar or Gravity?

Attached: 120638R1.jpg (1400x2100, 461K)

Source?

Neither.

Attached: 1567596408672.jpg (900x769, 145K)

None of them

>A Goofy Movie
Absolutely, undeniably, based

Induced an existential crisis.

IT'S AMAZING
youtube.com/watch?v=V9C-XzzJ-S8

Attached: 2015%2F01%2F16%2Fb4%2Finterstella.bd765.jpg%2F1200x627.jpg (1200x627, 51K)

Search uniform rod and read up on it in relation to spaghettification. There’s plenty of studies and books on it.

The only people that dis Gravity are the peasants that didn't see it in 3D IMAX.

Jessica Chastain lips nnnggghhhhhh me cumbrain me COOM A LOT

I would give a detailed review of this masterpiece but i will be told to fuck off back to raddit , kill myself. called a faggot and an incel.

In my country there is no IMAX, Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.

don't be a pussy

The music was nice