TIFF critics pan Jojo Rabbit for trying to “make Nazis funny”

>TIFF critics pan Jojo Rabbit for trying to “make Nazis funny”
>praise Rian Johnson’s new movie for being “anti-Trump”
>highest praise so far has gone to a YAAS KWEEN stripper movie
This has absolutely fuck all chance of being positively reviewed tonight, doesn’t it?

Attached: B2259D5D-23A0-48BC-984C-CFC05DBD8B80.jpg (1400x1400, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRG1tWQN6e8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's important to pan films for political reasons, and perfectly fine at that. The culture war, which is a war incel nazis wage against a diverse, multiethnic society of decent people, a war where those decent people fight for their LITERAL survival, has to be fought at any place of public discourse, including, of course, film and TV.
If anything, RT reviewers should be criticized for not panning Chapelle hard enough.

bait or not, you need to jump off a bridge

it's too kino to be panned
besides, who cares? TIFF is nothing compared to winning the Golden Lion

They'll love this leftist propaganda piece since it's clear they're going by Cameron Baileys preferences

>North American film festivals
well there's your problem

Attached: rat-throw.gif (500x322, 1001K)

>tfw too dumb for movie criticism

Attached: Screenshot_20190909-141155~01.png (720x353, 76K)

Tiff is not even a major festival, who cares

Find one flaw in my argument.

>surname
Yeah, but (((they))) bypass that easily

>praise Rian Johnson’s new movie for being “anti-Trump”
It's an over the top mystery film, how did you get anything political?
I know jack shit about it other than the unsubtle trailers

The reason why they dave Daniel Day Lewis a 3rd fucking oscar for Lincoln was because he played Lincoln during the 2012 election and also republicans bad.

Why does it matter if it's positively reviewed?

Idk man, but look at any of the tweets giving initial thoughts on it, a good 70% of them refer to it being Anti-Trump for some unknown reason

My guess is because the main suspects aka the family of the victim are all spoilt rich assholes so “hahaha let’s offhandedly say this mean orang man”

gtfo he was great, even if the movie faltered in the last act

Because as much as these plebs want you to believe they don't care, they do
It's why they all spammed it's RT score so quickly when it was 100% or whatever and now they claim it doesn't matter.

It’s less subtle than that. They literally just have unlikable characters that they outright tell you are Trump supporters. It’s a stunningly banal flick

1. The premise that your political opponents are all incel nazis, and those on your side are all diverse and “decent people”.
2. The idea that movies are to be weaponized for a “culture war” that amounts to little more than a sports match.
3. The idea that we should critique films based on how closely they adhere to the gospel of woke.

Other than that, pretty good argument.

>republicans bad
>let’s celebrate a movie where a republican ends slavery

based and redpilled

No minorities in America are fighting to survive anything but the knifes and guns of those they call friends and family

>one flaw
You clicked Post.

>NA Film Festivals
You are going to get nothing but biased political opinions. To them, everything is either pro-trump or anti-trump, it all ends up being "orange man bad" and it's fucking retarded. It's why we have shit like EU Film Festivals which are taken more serious.

holy fuck, i thought that it will be kino

Attached: -REEcAOrZt8 (1).jpg (982x483, 84K)

>kino
Can't become of the cool kids club if your only good thing is making fun of nazis. People are gonna end up realizing that everything else besides that is bland, cliché and couldn't be more generic.

Attached: 1568045990825.jpg (828x930, 41K)

>implying Cannes and Berlin don't also have political shit
>implying Venice choosing to award Joker and Roman Polanski isn't political
and San Sebastian, Locarno, and Moscow are completely irrelevant

Hahaha no fucking way
Then again, when has RJ been known for subtlety? The fucking hack

holy shit actual reasoning found in Yea Forums of all places

Waititi was way overrated. Like every other disney assembly line director he isn't all that great.

>TIFF critics pan Jojo Rabbit for trying to “make Nazis funny”
Are you fucking retarded?

He doesn’t seem to be. More worried about you, to be honest. Are you wearing Velcro shoes by chance?

Hitler used to use movies as propaganda for his side so you're acting like Hitler.

>jojo rabbit not coming to danish cinemas until january 2020
nani?

Attached: part5.jpg (267x310, 30K)

Spic here.
Fuck you nigger I don't want you speaking for me.
Europeans have every right to be angry that doesn't necessarily make them nazis because I don't think you know what that even means.
That is like forcing japan to accept many races in there nation and telling them they should kill them selves for being japanese.
Other races don't have a reason to be angry because they willingly on there own accord came here instead of respecting the laws and rules of the owners of this country and assimilating to there culture and progress and evolution of said culture, a good chunk spit on it and forcing their culture upon others while speaking a foreign language.
Hell americans didn't like when germans came to there country and speaking german which was a nuisance back then when it was the 2nd most spoken language.
At least the germans did assimilate later on.

but this is literally what some critic said in review

IT`S A TRANNY MOVIE. And they are too fucking stupid to realize it.

I mean if you think about it. Look at the people who haven´t realized it. This joker, EXACTLY SAME AS the heath ledger joker. Is MASSIVELY tranny without the movies making an effort to explain it to the audience, the heath ledger joker was tranny before tranny even became a more pop culture phenomenon. Just pissed off that everybody hates 'him' and won´t accept him for who 'he' is and just eventually just flips his lid completely, has gone through so much shit, that nothing matters anymore. So he just starts random fucking mayhem, and when batman grabs him in the old movies he always has these femine mannerism and feminine type of ring to his voice.
Remember this from the old batman movies the heath ledger joker. In nurse uniform after talking to that police officer or whatever. As he blows up the police station.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRG1tWQN6e8
I can´t wait till the sjw's find out that it´s a tranny movie, about a shat on and misunderstood tranny abused by his daddy, saw his daddy kill his mother, shat on by everybody and decides to create chaos for the people who never gave two shits about him but always laughing at him as if he was a joke to them.

It´s almost undeniable about this character that he has a lot of tranny vibes! In the video clip with harvey dent from the old heath ledger joker, he´s even disguised as a female nurse, hair and all.
Probably would think of another disguise if you are as straight as they come don´t you think?

And ofcourse this new joker, similar kind of deal it seems. Going to be interesting.

Attached: joker.gif (498x387, 2.9M)

Based and truthpilled
>yfw when your problems genocide themselves

Yeah I've noticed this too. I remember how whedon was supposed to be the next big thing (all those whedon vs Nolan arguments) now it's the Russos, Rian Johnson, coogler, Abrams, Waititi, etc...

I wonder if any of these guys will great out like Nolan.

Honestly I'm amazed you could spell velcro given that you're clearly dumb as shit

And this is what actually happened

Attached: Screenshot_20190909-143914_Chrome.jpg (1080x1305, 592K)

They don’t have a chance because the studio won’t let them make something interesting. Nolan had free reign and was allowed to make something approaching kino, these guys barely direct, they just repeat orders from the producers. That’s why Philips actually has more of a chance to break out, which is pretty hilarious considering his previous work.

wtf I love Jojo Rabbit now

>I wonder if any of these guys will great out like Nolan.
nah. regardless, Disney won't let them if they had the talent and vision. they have to put out a product that fits the brand.

>all those whedon vs Nolan arguments
Was this actually a thing?

If it gives enough nods to the need for more spending on social services and mental health, the insanity of so many Americans owning guns, and the Wayne-Trump parallels are on point, it could be very well-received.

yes
specially because Avengers and TDKR were released on the same year

>Jojo Rabbit for trying to “make Nazis funny”
what a shock, critics can't read narrative

>insanity of so many Americans owning guns
You understand the entire constitutional reasoning for that right is so the Americans can form essentially a gaint insurgency and overthrow (legally) a tyrannical government (which you’re claiming in trump).

Trump is a dictator yet it is his opposition who want to ban firearms?... something isn’t adding up here you fucking moron

this but ironically unironic

>They CLAPPED
And then they pilloried it in their columns, rendering it rotten. Go fuck yourself

Attached: 2316B1EE-A551-4547-BA64-B12E93623F21.jpg (1125x1654, 599K)

>six reviews
You people are definitely fucking retarded

>A second positive review!
Let’s make a bet over whether it turns out “Fresh”, you backpedaling COPEshitter

The highest murder rate in the world is like 60 per 100k
Yet Americans, who have the most guns, have a murder rate of..........5

Please, it's Toronto. A Nazis Bad Hitler Bad film made by a Man of Colour was never going to land poorly in fucking Toronto.

Wow you mousecucks really are making an ass of yourselves over this movie

While it might if lucky rise to a positive tomatometer rating its award chances are pretty much dead and for a film a like this if it can't light up the festival circuit it's pretty much over at the box office.

Of course they stood up and clapped when the cast came out. You don't want to be thought rude, do you?

I want jojo rabbit to be good tho', what we do in the shadows and wilderpeople were both funny films, at least back when I saw them.
I hate comic book films but feel I should take a chance on Joker.

>canadian festival
>audience apologizes to the cast for the movie being shit

It would be around 1.5 per 100k without blacks/hispanics.

How I get paid to toss word salad as the guise of movie criticism?

I just saw the trailer for Jojo The Rabbit for the first time, muted though.
I like a lot of the imaginary, that at times it felt a little like a nice warm Wes Anderson about a kid in the Hitler Youth. I hated the moment that fat blonde bitch appeared laughing and then a shot of them burning books, that felt like the typical bullshit of portraying nazis like this evil mass of burn all books. Also that fat bitch is such a fucking horrible actress you can't just give a penny for her in any kind of role.
But I like that little shot of Sam Rockwell, the one in pic related, it gives me a vibe similar to the one that The Tin Drum gives me, like the slight bizarreness of Germany during Nazi times because of the Nazi obsession for the sublime, for looking sublime, for creating the most sublime things.

I just want that, a sort of wes anderson-y story set in those years, from the perspective of a child, without the typical hollywood bullshit. I'm not saying Nazi's were the good guys, I'm just saying that it's sickening how they are portrayed all the time: Soldiers were just soldiers. Kids were just kids, and they were brainwashed with all that propaganda. Can't people understand that and allow a movie about the innocence of a child with all that enviroment in the background? Germany was beautiful and strange back then, really strange, and if we could forget about the whole HURR DURR THEY BAD shit, maybe we could make some great movies about those themes with subtleness and without being so in your face. Communist genocided, too. And I don't see games rewarding you for killing as many soviets as possible.

Attached: Cspan.png (847x427, 564K)

I feel you, I'd actually be fine if they went full comedy with it and didn't try to make it some teachable moment. Who's fucking mind are they changing with these movies? All normies hate nazis and nazis like me hate normies and won't let normie media change my mind about niggers or jews. Just give me a fun film and let the worst of the propaganda be them making hitler look bad or some obligatory faggot shit like that

>nazis like me
You're not natsoc

you're right, I meant racist but the media conflates the two so why can't I

fair enough

> I'm saving lives by negatively reviewing a movie i didn't even invest myself in while i watched it

I know this is bait, but the real bait is knowing there are people out there that actually think like this.

Who gives a fuck what some leafs think?

>TIFF
Toronto is a leftist shithole and nobody outside of it gives a fuck about TIFF.