Why were none of Dostoevsky’s works ever made into kinos?

>AT THAT TIME I was only twenty-four. My life was even then gloomy, ill- regulated, and as solitary as that of a savage. I made friends with no one and positively avoided talking, and buried myself more and more in my hole. At work in the office I never looked at anyone, and was perfectly well aware that my companions looked upon me, not only as a queer fellow, but even looked upon me—I always fancied this—with a sort of loathing. I sometimes wondered why it was that nobody except me fancied that he was looked upon with aversion?

>One night as I was passing a tavern I saw through a lighted window some gentlemen fighting with billiard cues, and saw one of them thrown out of the window. At other times I should have felt very much disgusted, but I was in such a mood at the time, that I actually envied the gentleman thrown out of the window—and I envied him so much that I even went into the tavern and into the billiard-room. ‘Perhaps,’ I thought, ‘I’ll have a fight, too, and they’ll throw me out of the window.’I was not drunk—but what is one to do—depression will drive a man to such a pitch of hysteria? But nothing happened. It seemed that I was not even equal to being thrown out of the window and I went away without having my fight.An officer put me in my place from the first moment.I was standing by the billiard-table and in my ignorance blocking up the way, and he wanted to pass; he took me by the shoulders and without a word—without a warning or explanation—moved me from where I was standing to an-other spot and passed by as though he had not noticed me.

Attached: E852CC63-C1B2-45D0-9C20-4650BF46C6B3.jpg (460x268, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ohD-WUrMsjE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_based_on_works_by_Fyodor_Dostoyevsky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was a good C&P film with Peter Lorre as Raskolnikov.

Dumb zoomer doesn't know about Yule Brenner's Brothers Karamazov

Notes From Underground had a movie version with Sheryl Lee too but it really stinks.

Match point was basically crime and punishment. It was okay but it had prime Scarlett Johansson in the rain with a white tshirt

There was a BBC tv series of crime and punishment that seemed alright. I have just watched some scenes on youtube though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ohD-WUrMsjE

it was a little too christmassy for me

Taxi Driver is kinda like Notes From Underground

Le notti bianche by Visconti

The Idiot is Kurosawa-kino

Pickpocket

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_based_on_works_by_Fyodor_Dostoyevsky

Attached: Capture.png (1345x669, 45K)

>The film is a debate with Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, which Wilton is seen reading early on, identifying him with the anti-hero Raskolnikov.[8] That character is a brooding loner who kills two women to prove that he is a superior being, but is racked by guilt and is finally redeemed by confession of his crime, the love of a young woman forced into prostitution, and the discovery of God. Wilton is a brooding loner who kills a poor girl who loves him because he considers his interests superior to those around him, knows little guilt, and avoids detection through luck. Allen signals his intentions with more superficial similarities: both are almost caught by a painter's unexpected appearance in the stairwell, and both sleuths play cat and mouse with the suspect. Allen argues, unlike Dostoyevsky, that there is neither God, nor punishment, nor love to provide redemption.

heebs have to ruin everything

srsly
Crimes and Misdemeanors is basically the same story, but it's an open mockery and everyone except the girl who gets killed is a jew, which is the reverse of Match Point.

>Originally intended to be a two-part film with a running time of 265 minutes

Attached: 1538019969971.jpg (800x800, 66K)

Shit , this is quitensentially incelesque

Dostoevsky is the greatest literary genius that has ever lived

>I went out of the tavern straight home, confused and troubled, and the next night I went out again with the same lewd intentions, still more furtively, abjectly and miserably than before, as it were, with tears in my eyes--but still I did go out again.
>Don't imagine, though, it was cowardice made me slink away from the officer; I never have been a coward at heart, though I have always been a coward in action. Don't be in a hurry to laugh--I assure you I can explain it all.

what did he mean by this?

Way too deep for cinema. It just wouldn’t work. There have been loose adaptions but they don’t really have any substance, they just cover the plot.

Notes from the Underground is incelkino. The best part is where he paces back and forth in front of a chad who ignores him while playing cards with his friends, desperately trying to think of something clever to say.

>An officer put me in my place from the first moment.I was standing by the billiard-table and in my ignorance blocking up the way, and he wanted to pass; he took me by the shoulders and without a word—without a warning or explanation—moved me from where I was standing to an-other spot and passed by as though he had not noticed me.
The Virgin Dostoyevsky vs the Chad Police Officer

Yea Forums has a hard-on for Waquin but never ever mentions this kino, which is inspired by White Nights, by our guy James Gray who loves making autism movies. The poster tries to shill it as a romance drama but make no mistake Wakine is an autistic manchild incel in it.

Attached: Two_lovers_ver2.jpg (259x383, 20K)