Doctor Who thread

Fuck it, I am on a roll. Just rewatched the very first season of revived series for the first time since I caught it on TV 14 years ago. Holds up extremely well and fuck anyone who says this season can be skipped and you can pretty much start with Tennant.

And by the way: Father's Day > Doctor Dances > the Dalek.

Attached: Madlad with second hand jacket.jpg (482x555, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-06-06/doctor-who-writer-gareth-roberts-dropped-over-transgender-tweets/
youtube.com/watch?v=jIjUSzpYcuA
youtube.com/watch?v=9bDGH3dKo90
youtube.com/watch?v=S2EDdyNSHow
youtube.com/watch?v=jhklrve5xmw
youtube.com/watch?v=VLZOFZggG4w
youtube.com/watch?v=qa3NM9Jhkn0
youtube.com/watch?v=6ThpkjDgdvY
youtube.com/watch?v=Pa74e8oAvIM
youtu.be/_C2Jmg82_1g
youtube.com/watch?v=zkD4PQjvtTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6LOSgRRXkX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doctor Who is dead.

>fuck anyone who says this season can be skipped and you can pretty much start with Tennant
I don't think anybody says that.

Attached: bestdoctor.webm (640x360, 116K)

You'd be surprised.

Eccleston is based. Probably won't happen but I wish he'd return for a special, or big finish audios.

Season one of NuWho is the only season I watched in its entirety. Eccleston was a million times better than that gurning twat Tennant.

I hope not, the BBC doesn't deserve him

Capaldi > Eccleston > Smith > Tennant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whittaker

Eccleston > Tennant > rest is shit

Switch Eccleston and Capaldi and you're spot on

It's mostly Tennant girlies who watched the show to ship The Doctor and his latest companion and not for all that boring sci-fi stuff.

I've not seen enough Smith or Capaldi to judge and I've not seen any Whittaker.

Wilderness years had soul.

Attached: warhead.jpg (506x1600, 539K)

>I've not seen any Whittaker.

You don't want to, that season was terrible to say the least

I miss the Ponds
Why was the Ponds so good?

Absorbed Bridget was my first childhood fap.

Attached: 1563397762543.gif (342x239, 981K)

Capaldi was great but every script he had was sheer garbage

Because Amy was hot as fuck
Rory was just Mickey but instead of an arc he turned into an anime character

Except for that edgy one where he punches the glass wall.

>tfw cover art kino is dead

Attached: Virgin-New-Adventures-2-2000x1200.jpg (2000x1200, 510K)

That actually is a good episode of Doctor Who.

Matt Smith was really good, and mixed well with the Ponds, the Pond's were likable and Amy was hot as has been said, plus the stories were crazy, legit off the wall, after that, with the new Doctors, the stories became more straight forward and less crazy, and the characters didn't feel like friends, but really the problem is the crazy stories have become less crazy

Only season 7 Ponds were good. At first I hated how they monopolized the first half of the season when we were supposed to get a new companion but looking back, this was Amy and Rory at their best. No stupid love triangles, no Rory being an insecure mess, no angst from Amy about the crack in the wall. I wish they had a happier ending, especially considering everything Clara got .

They did get to live out a full and happy life together all things said. Obviously nothing compared to Clara and Bill both becoming time-travelling immortals but still sweet

I actually found Bill hot.

why?

Yeah I guess you're right. I'm honestly just sick of these overdramatic endings for the companions. Martha is actually one of my favorites ONLY because she was implemented well. Comes in for a season, leaves at the end relatively unscathed and comes back for cameos. I wish the writers did more simple stories like that so the Doctor can stop grieving all the time too.

She had a nice arse.

>but really the problem is the crazy stories have become less crazy
I'd argue that they tried to keep one-upping the crazy until it became self parody
I can't even describe the nonsensical plots in late Matt Smiths run.
Her face is like a boot print though.

Martha is still the only nuwho companion to leave the Tardis by choice (not counting Mickey I guess). She's pretty based

agreed, s1 had a kind of cyberpunk/bladerunner feel to it in episodes like the end of the world and the finale that needs to come back

Exactly and it's fitting that they ended up together now that you said that.

The fanbase certainly is. In the first half of the decade, the whole internet was talking about DW. Then after Smith left it's as if the show never existed. I blame the lengthy hiatuses for killing hype. Internet attention span is too short for any show to go on break longer than 6 months.

>RTD
1>3>4>2
>Moffat
5>8>10>7>9>6
>Chibbers
Literal dogshit>11

It's harder to rank the series together because with each showrunner change, it doesn't feel like the same show. You could probably slot in RTD and Moffat alternately (ie, 1>5>3>8, etc) but series 11 is always last.

Remember Adric? He died.

Attached: 17873.jpg (825x464, 221K)

based Adric.

Mickey was the most based companion. Change my mind.

When are they bringing back Adric?

I love how Doctor just straight up offered him to join himself, without Rose behind his back.

It's criminal how long Moffat stayed on. Looking at your ranking, I wouldn't rank any of his seasons over RTD's. Maybe some individual episodes but none of the seasons as a whole though that might just be my nostalgia talking.

Wilf > Jack > Nardole > Amy's legs > Mickey > Young Amy > Martha > Donna > Rory > Rose > Rest of Amy > River Song > Bill > Clara > Lizard Lesbian & Co

His speech about War not being a game was amazing. But yeah, he had three seasons and not even a handful of overall good episodes. None of which was his fault I think

Ironically, most of the best RTD era episodes are Moffat's.

I dropped the show at series 8. Why does 11 get so much hate? People complained that stories were getting too ambitious and overblown. Series 11 seemed to have brought down the scope and stakes. So isn't that what you wanted?

Father's Day and Family of Blood weren't Moffat though

Nobody in it can act. And most of the episodes have no resolution at all. Chibnall spends 3/4s of the show on the intro then rushes an ending in the last 5 minutes.

I mean, people also wanted Rocksteady and Bebop in TMNT movies, look how that turned out. People wanted to see Batman and Superman together on big screen, look how that turned out.

Father's Day wasn't all that good, and Family of Blood was adapted from a New Adventures novel.

Are you a fucking retard?
Nobody wanted what happened with series 11. Nobody wanted it to go from one extreme to another. People want a middle ground.

>Family of Blood was adapted from a New Adventures novel
What does that have to do with anything?

I actually liked the the Moffat era was ambitious. I didn't like that it was poorly paced, and sometimes just outright abandoned plot threads.

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-06-06/doctor-who-writer-gareth-roberts-dropped-over-transgender-tweets/

Remember when that Doctor Who writer got fired over being a transphobe

Don't you mean Bliss.

Attached: Arse Bliss.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

It's about as far removed from RTD as you can get while still technically being a product of the RTD era.

>“I love how trannies choose names like Munroe, Paris and Chelsea. It’s never Julie or Bev is it?” adding, “It’s almost like a clueless gayboy’s idea of a glamorous lady. But of course it’s definitely not that.”
That's pretty good. The only good episode he wrote was The Lodger though.

They were too fairy-tale.
Amy was okay
Rory's nice. The lonely centurion thing is fucking nice. Though inconsistent.

To be honest, not really, NuWho is literally a product for fans by fans. Some people who fucking worked in BBV ended up working in NuWho.

WISH
youtube.com/watch?v=jIjUSzpYcuA
WE
youtube.com/watch?v=9bDGH3dKo90
COULD
youtube.com/watch?v=S2EDdyNSHow
TURN
youtube.com/watch?v=jhklrve5xmw
BACK
youtube.com/watch?v=VLZOFZggG4w
TIME
youtube.com/watch?v=qa3NM9Jhkn0

Attached: so was I.jpg (400x238, 38K)

It doesn't show.

Because the showrunner was being poetic with them.

>Lizard Lesbian & Co
Why was this a thing?

'comedy'

Doctor Who is fucking shit and I say this as a true fan

How the hell do your opinions work that you think season 7 was better than 6?

I know, man.

Attached: doctor who fanbase.png (468x854, 397K)

Shit, Moffat was poetic with fucking just calling the characters. Every character has like 5 different nicknames.
>The Raggity man
>The Madman in a Box
>The Girl who Waited
>The Last Centurion
>The Sexy

That was fucking insufferable though
>muh girl who waited
>muh last centurion
>muh impossible girl

Rory's dad should have been in more episodes, he was great

I wish Moffat would keep his mother fetish to himself. It's embarrassing.

I blame the fact it's been becoming progressively shitter for years.

>Rory was just Mickey but instead of an arc he turned into an anime character
>becomes a centurion
>sometimes knows how to fight
>sometimes doesn't
bothered me a fucking lot

Use the fucking spoiler tags, you cunt!

youtube.com/watch?v=6ThpkjDgdvY
>Doctor yells at two Daleks making them jump back in fright
>Eccleston has a real intimidating presence
>The forcefield means theres a good reason for him to be cocky
SOUL

youtube.com/watch?v=Pa74e8oAvIM
>Doctor shouts an over the top and clearly rehearsed speech to a bunch of CGI lights in the sky
>Smith can't act outside of comedy
>There's nothing at all stopping the ships from opening fire on him (obviously their plan was to capture him alive but he doesn't know that, he's just relying on his plot armor)
SOULLESS

If we had him as showrunner I might possibly consider paying for a TV licence.

The whole point of the Pandorica storyline is the Doctor gets played and makes a fool of himself though.

That's the one

BRRRRRRRRP

That scene was to sow that he was being played though.

>gets played
You realise he was in the Pandorica for about 30 seconds right?

So?

The show is dead. They don't even make action figures any more. Only from the Big Finish audio series, which says a lot.

for me it's
Tennant > Eccleston > Capaldi > Smith
grew up watching tennant. will probably always resonate more with him over eccleston. have only seen about 10 capaldi episodes. i think he's a great actor but wasn't given a fair go with the declining quality of the writing.
also haven't seen Whittaker and not planning to

What does it take to be really corrupt?

Attached: colin-baker-the-6th-doctor-classic-doctor-who-23555170.png (573x409, 605K)

Any news on the new series?

Attached: jodie-whittaker-doctor-who-bbc-america-official-panel-at-nycc-2018-3.jpg (1280x1920, 233K)

Whittaker isn't worth watching. There are no good villains either.

>Implying Closing Time wasn't kino

Cast the 14th Doctor lads, who can possibly save this shitshow?

Jodie and Chibnall confirmed gone after next season

Attached: kino.jpg (1000x559, 300K)

redesigned cybermen and those rhino aliens are in it

>Jodie and Chibnall confirmed gone after next season
source?
also user, i don't think pic related will work out...

Sean Bean or Rowan Atkinson

>Cast the 14th Doctor
Eddie Tudor-Pole

The latest season could've been good if they made it good. It's weird to me that despite taking a certain amount of risk by casting a woman to play Doctor, which is absolutely nothing in comparison with how risky the historical pieces this series tackles (poorly), and churn out probably the blandest, sterile, and devoid of any originality or risk season of Doctor Who since the revival. It's like what, they thought taking political brownie points was the risk enough?

OFFICIAL RANKING. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REFUTE
>Tom Baker
>Matt Smith
>Peter Davison
>Peter Capaldi
>Sylvester McCoy
>William Hartnell
>Christopher Eccleston
>David Tennant
>Patrick Troughton
>Paul Mcgann
>Jon Pertwee
>Colin Baker
>John Hurt
>
>
>
>Jodie Whittaker

It's over bro. Who is dead? SJW's killed it

I have never seen a single episode of this show and i dont understand how anyone can enjoy this garbage.

the worst part of the new seasons is that they don't even fucking make the companions question the doctor or stop being such yes mans

Baker is literally just Boomer Tennant. He's sooo quirky so people eat that shit up while Pertwee/Eccleston were the patrician chocie all along

I want a Troughton or McCoy type. Someone small, strange and impish. Toby Jones? Warrick Davis?

Doctor Midge

I want to fill Nicola Bryant with my hot cum.

Attached: On trial again.png (1280x720, 662K)

Calpadi above Smith. Then it's a complete list. Calpadi just had shit writing to deal with. But he owned the role.

Eccleston series is so based that even farting aliums and midget pigman couldn't stop his first two-parter from being kino

Paterson Joseph or Natalie Dormer since it's certainly gonna be a diversity hire.

Attached: paterson joseph.jpg (666x1000, 73K)

Charlie Cox. His action star background would bring incredible physicality to the role arguably not seen since 2nd Doctor and 3rd Doctor. And he definitely has proven himself to have the acting chops.

Attached: Boxing.jpg (368x286, 28K)

ben whishaw

Attached: file.png (850x560, 726K)

You have shit taste.

Either would unironically be kino.
Glad Chibbers didn't get to ruin any promising actor/actress in the role.

No.

I was just about to say. Looks a bit too much like Matt though.

People have suggested Peter Dinklage, which could work. He is American though, which would be strange.

except Troughton is the best doctor

Attached: file.png (563x514, 221K)

Americans aren't any worse than women.

>*blocks your dalek path*

Attached: JS66254718.jpg (615x409, 31K)

I'd never take Doctor who seriously again, I'd never be able to see him as anything other than Johnson from Peepshow.

Attached: 1526292138600s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

If you've got to do a black Doctor, Joseph's the one to go with. Alternatively, maybe Alexander Siddig, for someone who's a bit Asian.

Attached: S0355-LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-GLAMDRING-GANDALF-SWORD-W-SCABBARD-ROUND-RING-POMMEL-39.jpg (232x350, 15K)

People said that about Capaldi/Malcolm Tucker too

For me, it's Tegan Jovanka.

Attached: d4-5v-021.jpg (600x344, 38K)

true but he could act more autistic, shy and socially awkward, where matt would usually make the doctor be very loud and oblivious around people

I said that and my headcannon for that season is that the doctor took a holiday in politics for a bit.

>do you see a sign on my TARDIS that says dead Silurian storage?

Attached: 1568037709636.jpg (466x687, 86K)

Wrong

>never got a comic relief special where Capaldi plays the Doctor as Malcolm Tucker
It hurts bros

Lot of daft buggers used to.

>ever taking Doctor Who seriously

Where can I watch classic who?

>Eccleston Doctor is mature about his regeneration, and fondly reminisces with Rose about their time together
>Tennant just cries like a bitch 'I DON'T WANNA GO!'

You know that I meant I'd never be able to watch it properly samanticsfag.

>who can possibly save this shitshow?
No one. You just know the BBC is going to double down.

That the Chibnall era is BASED as FUCK. SEETHE.

The doctors have different personalities though, they just share memories.

It's gonna be some former GoT actor/actress who can't get any new roles most likely

>Holds up extremely well
Eccleston is one of, perhaps even my favourite Doctor... but almost all the stories in his one series were shit. He had 2 good stories. It's sad but it's true, the series doesn't 'hold up' because it was never good. The incredibly charasmatic character carries the show through the most shit stories, and I know that describes Doctor Who in a bloody butshell, but never was it as consistantly so as the series with Dalek game shows.

Indeed you are. Don't be upset though. We all have shit taste otherwise we wouldn't be dr who fans.

>tfw it'll never be Charles Dance

I'd take a Charles Dance Master any fucking day

Is this the return of /who/ general?

Attached: 67459893_849891442045840_5487836944261971968_n.png (1293x892, 107K)

Sadly this.
He'd make a better Master than Doctor 2bh

fucking hope not

Let's be honest. The best choice for the Doctor is Jonathan Creek era Alan Davies.

Attached: creek-t.jpg (820x492, 145K)

i love that show so much. so comfy. and definitely yes

>KABLAB MAN
>KABLAB MAN
>KABLAB MAN
>DESPITE THE FACT THE TARDIS IS A FUCKING TARDIS AND IS PRACTICALLY A FUCKING SUPER-WEAPON AGAINST EVERYTHING AND IS VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE AGAINST CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS, AMAZON PRIME ™ © CAN TELEPORT INSIDE OF IT DESPITE IT BEING EITHER IN THE ENDLESS VOID THAT IS SPACE OR MOVING THROUGH THE THIN STRINGS OF TIME AND SPACE IN A CHAOTIC WARP VORTEX
>OOOOOOooooOOOOH ITS THE FEZ OOOOOOH
youtu.be/_C2Jmg82_1g
Tardis also looks like shit

Most /who/ regulars went off to another place

Well, BBC managed to kill off Doctor Who once.

There was a classic dr who community on vk that had all the eps but I don't know if it's still there.

The thing about Doctor Who is it's an amazing premise, that has almost never truly been done justice. The BBC has never really understood what they had their hands on. I don't think it's any coincidence that a company like Big Finish who really "get it", and are mostly left alone by the BBC produce consistently better Doctor Who stories.

>I caught it on TV 14 years ago

There are girls having sex today who weren't even born when the first series of revived dr who aired

What's some Big Finish kino and where can I find it if I am not British?

Seethe. How many other times has shit been able to teleport into the TARDIS without authorization - also implying 11th Doctor didn't give authorization to let the Kerblam man in.

Also Thirteen is the best Doctor after McGann, seethe and also cope

My vision for the 90's Doctor Who series we never got is kind of a mashup of Johnathan Creek and the X-Files.

Paul Bettany.
Dormer would also be kino.

Yay! Circle jerking tripfags!

"Cast the next Doctor" threads were basically the Smash rosterfagging of Yea Forums.

Steve for who.

where is /who/ general now?
If you know what I mean

Attached: 772-42cad5e976da57743de43a485529f64a[1].png (500x313, 193K)

>ctrl+f
>puh
>0 results

PUH-PUH-PIZZA

Please don't remind me how shit /who/ got in its last few years. God that was depressing.

Torrents, or buy it.

Big Finish stopped being kino in 2008, the only good Who was made while Gary Russel was top dog.

Buy it from their website.

You know it to be true.

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I thought that chan was no more

How bad was the rest of series 11? I dropped it halfway throught cause it was beyond awful, and now i have no desire to watch Doctor Who ever again.

Dormer could be good if they let her act like a woman, instead of the andogynous asexual robot we have now.
For all their progressive wanking they made a female Doctor as unfeminine as possible. So what's even the fucking point?

I am still seething at the fact that Victorian Era Clara had more soul than Modern Clara

BASED

Attached: puh.png (500x288, 255K)

Why yes, I do collect the Eighth Doctor Adventure novels, how could you tell?

That's what happens when a show goes year long stretches without any new content to discuss.
8ch is Deep Web now. You need special software to access it. Thanks, shooters!

Attached: doom.jpg (975x558, 31K)

>no image

Attached: yikes.png (1048x874, 92K)

How are those, anyway?

A lot of /who/ regulars are also in the Tardisposting group on Facebook.

That's because she was meant to be the Clara that travelled with the Doctor. But somebody decided that the companion must always be from the modern day and killed her off to quickly make the bland 'real' Clara we know today

Jim's bringing it back soon.

Chris Barrie

Attached: barrie.jpg (309x309, 20K)

I forgot. No image is better than frogfag though.

This would get to me watch the show again for the first time in years

Smash will be good regardless of who gets added, this is about saving this godforsaken show.
Worst part is any random Yea Forums user would unironically do a better job of this show than the BBC

Either really good or really REALLY shit. Just buy the good ones and fill in blanks by skimming the wiki. Natural History and Alien Bodies BTFO anything the show has ever done. 8 has/had the best run in EU. Best novels, best audios (before 2011), simple is simple as. Cheers.

Robert Llewellyn has more Alienness about him, though he might be a bit old and fat now.

He was considered for the 9th at one point.

Are talking about the guy who launched the satellite in Ep 1 of Tennant?

You are wrong in all of your statements though

Fuck it just have him play Kryten as the Doctors companion. No need for a cross show explanation

8th Doctor comics (from the 90's) aren't half bad. I like the 7th Doctor ones more though.

Maybe. But more famously, Kryten in Red Dwarf.

Let's hope they stay there.

Times you were the Eighth Doctor
>Walking home from work
>Check my pocket watch
>
>
>Have intercourse with the nearest man.

Attached: Doctor-Who-series-6-Paul-McGann.jpg (616x451, 55K)

Attached: Welshname.jpg (796x515, 33K)

Yeah, nah, I'll pass on the memey wemey wibbly wobbly army warmy flaily waily baby waby doctor thanks

Imagine being Welsh.

Yeah that place is cancer, I left pretty much as soon as I joined. You can tell a lot of them used to post in /who/ though because of their posting styles. Probably explains why the general got so shit in later years.

Seethe. Probably New Who fag.
Based. DWM are pretty good, based Frobisher and based Izzy. Haven't read much 7th Doctor stuff, he's one of my least favorites, not because he's bad - he's just has rapist vibes.

I went hiking in Wales once and suddenly a bunch of Bowmen dressed in Green garb came out from the trees and threatened me while speaking Welsh, I was terrified and gave them some Cheese. They accepted my gift and let me pass, quite scary.

>frobisher
I see you are a man of culture as well

It's like being English only foreigners dont hate you

Write a better death sequence for him.

Here are the rules:
>It can't exceed time that his death was given in the movie
>It can't exceed budget
>Basically you can't have him die while duking it out with Daleks, Cybermen and whatnot for hour of the movie

Attached: 250px-Seventh_Doctor's_TV_Movie_Clothing.jpg (250x292, 19K)

Younger Robert would have been great. He's got those crazy eyes.

Attached: S0355-LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-GLAMDRING-GANDALF-SWORD-W-SCABBARD-ROUND-RING-POMMEL-39.jpg (566x430, 43K)

Same death only hes saving someone else from a mugging

Please stop posting Ashens.

>Tardisposting group on Facebook.

Attached: VDHoKCePrq1w.jpg (227x280, 26K)

>be me
>go to family reunion
>everybody recognises and remembers my siblings
>who am I?

>Just gets shot in a gang war
Why did they do this?

I want to come along Pond

Attached: Karen Kiss2.webm (830x564, 169K)

>americans

Same setup, up until he opens the door.
The Doctor opens the door, steps out, and slips on a banana peel on the floor. He hits his head against the TARDIS and dies almost immediately, instead of in the hospital.

Okay I'll give it a shot:
>The Master wiggles itself inside the console.
>An emergency landing is initiated.
>7 lands in L.A, New Years 1999
>A group of Chinese gang members are having a shooting match in an alleyway
>The TARDIS lands, protecting one of the Chinese men from being shot.
>The Doctor steps outside and gets shot.
>He passes out on the floor and is taken to hospital
>He dies on the operating table after his to-be companion pierces his hearts with a surgical wire.

BTFO!

The master of cosmic chess getting caught up in a random act of violence always seemed like pottery to me.

The fact that the chess master Doctor is killed by a random act of violence he had no way of planning against, just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, is kind of unintentional kino.
TV movie is still shit though.

proto-"be american, get shot" posting

Attached: file.png (1092x729, 933K)

Based Moffat for writing moids as cumbrained morons with no loyalty.

cosmic chess mind

>he's just has rapist vibes.
Yikes

Kill yourself nufag

>Facebook
no

Attached: file.png (500x281, 123K)

When would you say this show started to decline? I'd say series 6.

I never understood if they were even in America or not, because the poster behind the TARDIS is Buckingham palace with Mandarin text that isn't graffiti.

Attached: Amy_3.webm (450x540, 2.98M)

6 was definitely the point of no return
Wedding of River Song remains to be one of the worst episodes of any show I've ever seen

Classic Who? I agree
Nu-who? Matt Smith

i'd say let's kill hitler was worse. but yes, S6 was when things started to go down the shitter

Attached: oKXprwSIQRlIBOI6.jpg (1128x607, 111K)

Why would would anyone watch after the ponds leave.

Modern Clara was revolting and the expanding eyes bullshit she does was shite

As soon as Matt Smith Doctor met River Song

New who is shit bar Series 1, 10 and 11. Nice cope though.
>/r/yikes! When an internet reply has bad grammar!

>10 and 11
nice bait
It's 1, 3 and 5

>bills lesbian girlfriend showing up out of nowhere at the end of the doctor falls
Why did Moffat think this was a good idea? Ruined an otherwise good episode.

>nobody at any point considers Donna (the LITERAL Time-Lord/Human hybrid) to be related the the Hybrid prophecy even though the Doctor and Davros knew about the propphecy at the time
Moffat??????

They're alright, you can have that.
10 and 11 are based because Moffat was dying down and Jodie carries 11.

>le Jodie is actually good meme

>Jodie carries 11

Attached: 1524171763058.jpg (400x300, 29K)

>3
except martha was a shit companion

Because the DoctorDonna was a terrible idea and everybody should forget it ever happened

Good character Arc though.

>Jodie carries 11
She can't act for shit m8

Martha was best female companion, you literally can't argue this

Get him in, just for one series, to bring attention to the show and elevate it's status.
Like Eccleston did.

Attached: Colin_Firth.jpg (600x900, 96K)

While I don't think it was a terrible idea, I do think it was just retread of what RTD had already done.
>Rose absorbed Tardis inside of her
>Martha absorbed the fan hate after Rose left
>Donna absorbed Doctor inside of her

When Clara wasn't a walking plot piece she was reminding us she was bisexual every five minutes.

Turn left is the worst episode of who, and should be buried and only dug up 20 years later like those episodes that were found in Africa

Attached: 1564864255167.jpg (408x390, 16K)

Should have ended NuWho after the fourth series with Tennant and then did big budget movies with him. Bring Emma Watson as the new companion and it could have been good!!!FACT!!!

Donna was better. Wasn't trying to fuck the Doctor 24/7. Actually questioned what was going on and called out his bullshit.

Turn Left was great though, what's not to like?

i think Donna was and turn left proves it

Capaldi's Doctor made peace with the Master, and decided not to regenerate after encountering his former self, instead dying in the TARDIS. That's the real canon. The Chibnall/Whittaker era isn't canon.

based and tumblrpilled

Seethe

Attached: 67492891_2434198676852682_1313542483929464832_n.png (480x480, 289K)

>reminding me that Twice Upon A Time happened
thanks asshole

Attached: jason-statham-wallpaper.jpg (800x1200, 155K)

>England becomes Chernobyl
>Government rounds up the fucking Italians and puts them into camps
>Bin bag manufacturing goes up by 9001% with the 900% surplus being distributed in the streets via Howitzer shelling from Cornwall

Martha and Bill had the nicest arses. Donna was probably the best NuWho companion though. The current companions are shit.

SOUL

Attached: Annedroid.jpg (500x291, 13K)

now you are just too obvious

It's the final episode as far as i'm concerned

Just end at The Doctor Falls, since it was at least good
TuaT is irredeemable garbage

>moffat writing the first doctor as a comically sexist old man because 'dude people were sexist in the 60s lmao'
For what purpose?

>Government rounds up the fucking Italians and puts them into camps

user those were pakis

It's unironically Chibnall's fault too. Moffat wanted to end at TDF but Chibnall didn't want to start on a Christmas special so Moffat wrote TUAT to ensure that the show didn't lose its Christmas slot.

As much as I, well, pretty much dropped Doctor Who at exactly the point this come out, pic related is actually my favorite adaption of Christmas Carol for TV, unironically, I loved every minute of it except weird spaz attack Moffat had with chairs when he clearly confused script of Doctor Who for Sherlock one.

Attached: MV5BMTg1MDI1MDEyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzcwNTMyNA@@._V1_.jpg (2048x1534, 1.05M)

I think the idea is that he behaved condescendingly toward Susan, but that's missing that fact that Susan was 15 and his granddaughter, so no shit he treated her like a child.

It was, but they messed up the old cybermen by making them stomp

Chibnall destroyed the show. That frog on the chair was pathetic.

>All of Southern and Central England, excluding Cornwall becomes Chernobyl
>Government just decides its a good idea to send the army to round up the Pakis and Pajeets rather than setting up a Quarantine of the MASSIVE FUCKING RADIATION
>Send them to concentration camps
>Some random fuck with a Italian accent decides to salute a veteran despite not ever having being in any military and calling him a Captain, despite he's not.
>Wilson realises that the 'labour camps' are what 'they called them last time' as if he was a man in a Jewish neighbourhood in Bavaria circa 1936
What the fuck happened in this episode?

Attached: Kapitan.jpg (748x393, 25K)

>Doctor tells Bill multiple times that season that Timelords don't have a concept of gender and shit
>But the Doctor's older self is a raging bigot
What gives? Is not caring about gender a timelord thing, or just a belief the Doctor developed over time then?

Then why did he have an Italian accent?

It's like all regard for continuity and consistent worldbuilding goes out the window when you decide political soapboxing is more important.

Oh my bad, in my defence he does look swarthy.

muh political statement against the evil daily mail BNP voters or something.

Attached: MV5BMTQ5NzA3NDQ2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDQ3MDA2MjE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 8K)

>Nuwho is by fans for fanfiction
FTFY

>Turn Left
I had to Google this. Completely forgot about it.

>The BNP takes over the government after nuclear catastrophe
Still unbelievable

Mark Rylance

Hnnnnggggg OH YES!

Attached: Amy-pond.png (1294x1600, 1.5M)

Think they'll do a Christmas episode?

Attached: 543897539.png (150x203, 57K)

Series one overrated Eccleston is the contrarian’s Doctor

>Davison and Smith that high
>Pertwee and Troughton that low
Absolutely abhorrent taste, although I rightly appreciate you putting Hurt last. Useless character poorly performed.

Blonde Doctors are always fucking crap

>This is the niggers face after thirteens clothes reveal
I am convinced Chibnall is a raging racist because he stereotypes everything to such an extent, I love it.

Attached: Wheredawhitewomenat.jpg (401x293, 12K)

*takes a dump in your toilet*

Attached: Farting Donna.png (780x666, 747K)

Hurt was honestly terrible, he didn't even play a character, it was just John Hurt reading Dr Who lines.
They had McGann back for that mini-ep and it was pretty great, why not keep him to be the War Doctor, makes sense really.

The real reason was that Moffat needed to inflate the regeneration count so he could steal the big 'breaking 12 regeneration cycle' moment for himself

Shitty VHS level rips on dailymotion or just buy the DVDs

The only thing good about the Donna period was Wilson

Attached: help.jpg (235x222, 7K)

>but almost all the stories in his one series were shit.
Lol no most of series 1 is good

>Rosa
I actually get PTSD flashbacks everytime I think about that episode

Attached: end it.jpg (567x736, 62K)

The first half was mostly mediocre but past the Slitheen double ep it was all great.

That was the last series 11 I watched

>scolds Ryan for shooting fucking ROBOTS
>yeah shoot that fucking racist white male who gives a shit lol

Tenfags say the most outrageous shit

Attached: Donna_3.webm (500x600, 2.97M)

Having a Christopher Eccleston as your favorite doctor is like having Ringo as your favorite beatle

youtube.com/watch?v=zkD4PQjvtTQ
>It's a Doctor loses faith in humanity episode

It really is heartbreaking how many leagues ahead our Bradders is over everyone else in "Team TARDIS". Even when the cast are out and about away from filming, he looks like the natural leader even though he really does fit better as the Wilfred Mott-type grandad rather than the Doctor. Jodie is so mogged.

Attached: Bradders rise up.png (1372x456, 931K)

Correct. It's based.

No
Eccleston = Harrison (the best one but nobody remembers them)
Tennant = McCartney (the shit one everyone knows)
Smith = Ringo (literally who?)
Capaldi = Lennon (talented but a lot of questionable shit makes them hard to enjoy)

>Implying like it hasn't always been that way
I thought he was from the North.

meant for

Ecclescunt was based

Attached: big_1425929906_image.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>It's a doctor loses faith in God episode
youtube.com/watch?v=6LOSgRRXkX0

>Capaldi = Lennon
And a lot of brainlet fans think he was the second coming of Christ

Who /BigFinish/ here? Just listened to pic related, its legit earkino.

Attached: Rose_Tyler_The_Dimension_Cannon_(audio_anthology).jpg (600x600, 67K)

> Smith = Ringo (literally who?)
This is just stupid

Smith isn't really anybody's favourite, he doesn't excel at anything in the show and he's massively overshadowed by the people who came before and after him. I think it's fair

is she bothered

Probably didn't want to step on the characterisation of the 8th Doctor. It would be strange if he was the dark and brooding hardened warrior. That's not really who his character is. It was supposed to be Ecclestone in the first place, but that fell through.

>Doctor leaves Sarah Jane for 20 years after saying he'll be back soon
>Doctor just fucking forgets about her
>Meets her again by accident
>Fucks off again and repairs K-9
>Sarah Jane admits her love for the Doctor, but has said she has grown out from it and she will no longer wait and will properly move on with her life even though it may be too late in her life to do alot of things she wanted too.
>Finally decides to get married to the genuine love of her life
>Doctor fucking crashes the wedding by bursting in and screaming "STOP THIS WEDDING!"
>"SARAH GET AWAY FROM HIM"
>Him being her fiance as they were about to say their vowes
Who else remembers this shit? Legit kino.

Attached: Weddingcrash.jpg (788x417, 37K)

>supposed to be Eccleston
I don't think that works either, in Rose Eccleston was clearly seeing his face for the first time, implying it was a pretty recent regeneration.

Sarah Jane for me

Smith is the NuWho Troughton. He's better than Whittaker.

The Doctor Who/Torchwood/SJA running side by side era was so fucking good.

Attached: 1549898097639.jpg (924x640, 267K)

>Team TARDIS in Rosa

Attached: out of place.jpg (1200x1200, 2.08M)

Whitaker is the Yoko Ono

No but there's a Ramadan special in the pipeline.

Why is she holding the thing in Half life 2 that gives you those bouncy balls on the combine gun.

When normies think of Doctor Who they think of either Smith or Tennant while most people that don’t watch the show don’t even know he exists and even some who watch the show just straight up skip him
Also when the show was starting to get big in America and the rest of the world smith was the doctor so for many he was the first

I suppose I didn't consider the American audience (in the UK Doctor Who = Baker/Tennant for the majority of people, most stopped people watching during Smith).
But at the same time Burgers are the ones who fucking ruined this show, so who cares.

>Harrison
Mein neger

It's either that or unimaginative shit like 'I've always felt more like Danielle than Daniel'

What exactly is it about? Is it showing how Rose & co developed the inter-dimensional travel to meet 10 again?

Don't mind me, just posting the patrician nuWho rankings

>Doctors
Based Capaldi > Based Eccleston > Smith > Tennant > Whittaker

>Companions
Donna > Clara > Wilf > The Ponds > Nardole > Martha > Bill > Jack > shit > Muh Rose

>Seasons
9 > 1 > 5 > 4 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 10 > 7 > Specials Year > shit > 2 > 11

>Christmas/Holidays
Carol >>>>>>> Voyage of the Damned > Last Christmas > Dr. Mysterio > Husbands > TWAT > Runaway Bride > Christmas Invasion > Next Doctor > shit > Widow, Wardrobe > New Years of the Daleks

>Battle of the GOATs
Heaven Sent/Hell Bent > Midnight > Turn Left > Blink > World Enough/Doctor Falls > The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances > Human Nature/The Family of Blood > Dalek > Vincent and the Doctor > Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead > Waters of Mars

>Battle of the WOATs
The End of Time is worse than literally all of the shit Moffat episodes combined

>Battle of the underrated
Love and Monsters > Boom Town > Listen > Rings of Akathen > School Reunion > Hide

>Showrunners
Good Moff > Good RTD > Bad Moff > Bad RTD > cancellation > Chibnall in any way, shape or form

Attached: 1499298209496.jpg (200x235, 14K)

I love that episode in Sarah Jane Adventures when K-9 lifts the veil of a Muslim women and the face is revealed and it evaporates.

Attached: Burkha.jpg (744x384, 46K)

Based sweetheart

Maybe he was checking out a new haircut?

still love watching old classic Tom Baker stories

>Clara > Wilf
tits or gtfo roastie

But that doesn't account for the pics of him on the Titanic, and at the JFK assassination, so who knows?
Maybe he just never looked in a mirror up to that point.

Clara is unironically the plebfilter of companions

He remarked on the ears iirc

oh I forgot about that

only good thing about nu one was the gurl in the fireplace , and sally sparrow rest was shit

No that's Martha and Mickey, Clara is beloved by the tumblr trash that this show is aimed at now.

This was the highest of kino

nah he's surprised at how big his ears are

but honestly it's a bit of bullshit. When rose goes to visit the fat /pol/-/x/ man he tells her The Doctor's been on the titanic, on the kennedy assassination and some other island. He's traveled before meeting Rose. Could have travelled for years without looking at a mirror

Without getting too spoilery, Rose and her team are basically using the technology to search the multiverse to find the Doctor back in the prime timeline. Each episode is set in an different parallel universe, with different versions of the Rose's family.

nice face but shit tiddies

>Doctors
Contrarian
>Companions
Pleb
>Seasons
Pleb
>Christmas/Holidays
Patrician
>Battle of the GOATs
Patrician
>Battle of the WOATs
Contrarian
Patrician
>Showrunners
Shit taste all round

Could've happened in the period where he's off screen in Rose. Big Finish says the Titanic is pre-Rose.

>He remarked on the ears iirc
A perfectly normal observation to make when inspecting a new haircut

The Muslim fears the dog.

Martha's the plebfilter of RTD's era for the tumblrgirls who want rose
Clara's the plebfilter of Moff's era for anons
Mickey has never been overly based, but we love him because he's just a bloke

will the bana splits gurning slut be in it

I never understood why GITFP gets so much acclaim. I thought it was crap.

Wow, what shit taste.

>Mickey the nigger is based

Ok

>he doesn't like Mickey
absolute pleb

I'm often surprised how big my ears are after a haircut.

The story in the time constraint was based

>school reunion
>underrated

I was always amused when Mickey was pushed alongside by the doctor and realises it, and suspects him of taking Rose off him, then some not even the doctor, doctor does it. Sad.

Attached: The weak should fear the strong.webm (404x454, 1.5M)

It's a common idea that the Doctor went to the titanic and shit between leaving Rose and Mickey in that alley and returning to tell Rose that the TARDIS travels in time too.

Rose? Yeah that goes without saying.

>Acts like a whiteman
>Yea Forums still treats him like a nigger
Mickey just cant catch a break.

Mickey was the token chav golly
Big eared farm boys , Aha

If Eccleston ever struggles with finding work and is forced to reprise the Ninth Doctor for Big Finish they're gonna stick three or four companions in that 2 second slot.

whos t. fat munter ?

checksum
To think ginger nut Evans ruined her when she was 16

>Doctors
Based Eccleston > Based Capaldi > Smith > Tennant > Whittaker

>Companions
Wilf > Jack > Nardole > Martha > Mickey > The Ponds > Bill > Rose > Muh Clara

>Seasons
1 > 3 > 5 > specials > 4 > 6 > 2 > 7 > 10 > 9 > 8 > 11

>Christmas/Holidays
Who watches this shit lol

>Battle of the GOATs
Family of Blood > Father's Day > Dalek > Parting of the Ways > Waters of Mars > Empty Child > The Doctor Falls > Blink > Girl in the Fireplace > Heaven Sent > Turn Left

>Battle of the WOATs
The End of Time part 1 is trash, EoT part 2 is god-tier
Worst ever (not counting S11, which eclipses the lot) is Wedding of River Song > Let's Kill Hitler > Hell Bent > Twice Upon a Time

Gridlock > Boom Town > Love and Monsters > School Reuinion
The rest aren't underrated, they're exactly as shit as everyone says

>Showrunners
Good Moff > Good RTD > Bad RTD > cancellation > Bad Moff > Chibnall in any way, shape or form

> is you typical chav darkie
>gets called on this here

whats the problem

Im assuming you mean the 'it' in the WebM. I have no fucking clue I just went into a Twitch live stream by Twitch and she showed up and it was hilarious.

>Whittaker
hahahaha

>gridlock
Unironically one of the best episodes RTD ever wrote

He's pretty much a white guy though, guy doesn't even go to his own families Christmas with a Turkey and goes to Rose's with the Doctor for meatpaste.

> assuming

kek

We getting a new thread? I've actually quite enjoyed talking about Doctor Who again.

what inner city chav apes have xmas dinner ?
he was better off having meat paste than being stabbed on the streets

I don't think he has a family does he? That's why he stayed with his blind nan in the parallel universe

should i watch SJA and torchwood?

Torchwood has some great episodes (a few of them written by Chibnall which is pretty strange) and a few terrible ones, but it's well worth a watch.

bet he was tucking into her pension purse

Cant comment on Torchwood since I never watched it but SJA was loved by my grandkids when they stay over.

>Torchwood
You need to Go Back

>torchwood
Just watch Children of Earth the rest is either unremarkable or straight up shit.

Make a new thread but don’t call it /who/ to keep tripfags away

It's too late for that, the longer a Doctor Who thread stays up the more likely it is that it gains attention on their facebook page and they come shit it up

Face of bo ruined that

Victoria best girl

Attached: victoria.jpg (470x621, 88K)

Caring about your nan does not equal not having a family, first thing I'd do is check on my nan if I was in that situation.

Since you asked

300 IQ

I love how old Who got a lot of guys into the Sciences

>my grandkids

Attached: Tomber.jpg (383x334, 27K)

Very pure and lovely

How old are you, user?

Dont make fun of me.
I'm in my really late 60's

No but the whole point was that his nan raised him in our universe but then died. She was still alive in that universe but their version of Mickey died.
So Mickey stuck around to look after her. Then in Stolen Earth he says she died there too so there's nothing left, and he comes back to our universe.

What the fuck are you doing on Yea Forums granddad

Unironically based, when did you start watching the show?