youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA
youtube.com/watch?v=rjvVbnXll70
youtube.com/watch?v=UjrsggZSXRo&index=10&list=RDOebSryS5avk
youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw
youtube.com/watch?v=OYRy9Lv9jPs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you accepted Logos?

Attached: 1551573501552.jpg (700x522, 112K)

any movie with weak-willed, scared of death hypocritical protagonist should suffice
*tips*

Child molesters.

The cuckold.

The Passion user

him pronouncing german words is one of the worst things I have ever heard

NOT SILENCE

it's literally jewish propaganda that says it's ok to deny christ, anything but that.

as for your question, unironically Con Air, shawshank redemption and the Wickerman (old one)

Predictable teen movie with very little to do with Christianity. Enjoyed watching this with my family the other evening

Attached: MV5BMTg4NDk3MjQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ0MDIwMzE@._V1_.jpg (1584x2304, 971K)

What? The movie condemns the Jesuits for their failure. They did not go as far as the original Christians, willingly being mauled by lions in the Coliseum for their faith.

The Japanese Christians are willing to die for their beliefs, but the weak Jesuits fail them. The movie is not ok with denying Christ at all. It's incredibly harsh on those who do so.

Jesus of Nazerath

>read Book of Job
>understand Book of Job
>watch this kino and be blown away

Attached: MV5BMTMwNjQ0NjMzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjMxMTkyNA@@._V1_.jpg (1394x2048, 705K)

If you're a zoomer and not memeing, check this one out. Seriously it's amazing.
youtu.be/GJleW4TCQM0

Attached: poe.jpg (1111x634, 650K)

>"The Island" is a 2006 Russian biographical film about a 20th century Eastern Orthodox monk. Pyotr Mamonov, who plays the lead character, formerly a rock musician in the USSR, converted to Eastern Orthodoxy in the 1990s and lives now in an isolated village. Film director Pavel Lungin said about him that "to a large extent, he played himself." Mamonov was first very hesitant to play in the film, but then was urged by his confessor to play the character. After the filming, one of the movie crew staff decided to stay on the island and live there as a hermit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-vegualMg

Attached: cruce-2.jpg (640x480, 81K)

Yeshua literally says it's ok you tard

Absolute TOP FUCKING TIER KINO

Watch this OP, one of my favourite movies of all time

real life the movie

>Turned myself over to God a week ago

Attached: 1540954452584.jpg (848x800, 80K)

That's the devil you dumb brainlet

A rooster crows when the priest steps on Christ, this is a parable for the Denial of St. Peter. Educate thyself

I am a zoomer yes, but I swear to you God entered my life

This^

Also The Seventh Seal.

youtube.com/watch?v=mbgiWPJLSsM

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x320, 22K)

>but the weak Jesuits fail them.
jesuits don't fail their mission, they fail the people who place any trust in them. their mission is to fuck shit up and they always succeed.

You mean the Demiurge entered your life.

God christlarpers try way too hard.
I get it. It's the first woah so deep movie you watched but it's still shit.

Attached: p15500_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 236K)

Christfags became cucked user
Face it we were better off when we had Christ
Look at the 50's, most people were Christians and they were generally happy people

Blessings bro.

cringe

Attached: 1567089962827.jpg (455x455, 27K)

Why do atheists pretending to be christians always use this hyperpious language? Is it because they don't know any actual christians and imitate christians from movie spoofs?
Please pull that massive stick out of your ass

if you really have come to Christ, then you would not be saying things like "I swear to God" so easily on a mongolian chop squad bazaar

Attached: lies.jpg (800x450, 28K)

le ebin wojack me me

I'm atheist but this movie is kino

Sounds like you got BTFO

Scorsese is a serious Catholic, so you telling me this movie which is very clearly pro-Catholic somehow isn't sure is retarded.

Their mission was to spread the True Faith, the failed this through not wanting to sacrifice.

Yeah this movie was made for the secular to enjoy too.

Religulous
2008 ‧ Comedy/Documentary

I thought Yea Forums forgot about all that gnosis stuff

>Their mission
this nigga is seriously trying to tell me about Jesuits lol God please help this retard understand how out of his depth he is in this conversation

Rick and Morty

funny bait post, but imagine unironically still believing in god in fucking 2019, lmao

>nigga
>lol
>makes no argument at all

cringe and yawnpilled

I hope everyone in this thread dies so they can finally go to heaven

Attached: index.jpg (303x166, 11K)

>turn the other cheek
>the meek shall inherit the earth
>love thy enemy
No, it was like that from the outset. It's founded on the ultimate cope that getting BTFO in this world will be made up for by going to heaven in the next world.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA

>American education

Because I am a zoomer, was an atheist for a long time.

>"believing x in the current year"
What better way of saying you have no internal value system and are completely determined by historical processes. Not at all based and redpilled.

Attached: antilogos.jpg (436x323, 37K)

>imagine believing you didn't appear by random chance due to dumb matter smashing into other dumb matter
Huh, now that you put it that way...

Early Christianity was pretty much a death cult. There is an account of a roman governor being visited by early christians who ask to be executed, he tells them if they want death so much to jump off a cliff.

Relegion was good enough for your parents
Your grandparents and everyone before them
Why not you user?

I didn't say it's not catholic I said it's shit so in that regard it is extremely catholic. Still our original point was whether Rabbi Yeshua said it's okay to deny him in the movie which he objectively did.
You just can't own up to how cucked your cuck judaism you decide to larp as is.

Spotlight

Why wouldn't I?

Attached: 12325.jpg (3024x4032, 1.98M)

>unironically still believing in god
They don't though. They just fantasize about losing their virginity to a girl from church

>American Education
It's a standard Christian principle to not abuse things like "swearing to God" or saying "Goddammit"

based coomer

literally this

faith in science is no different(if anything worse) than faith in religion

So was living in squalor.

>Augustine's Confessions
Holy based.

He OBJECTIVELY LITERALLY VISUALLY didn't though.

I get your small brain can't handle symbolism, but actually read the Bible if you want to understand a Christian movie.

Denial of St. Peter - Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will." "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "This very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same.
Matthew 26:33-35

The scene in the movie when the priest steps on the image of Christ features the crowing of a Rooster. Can you really not work out that this is a betrayal? Can I be any more obvious?

>Relegion was good enough for your parents
>Your grandparents and everyone before them
>Why not you user?
No it wasn't. Because we now have more information. Christian judaism has objectively been disproven and you know it. Not that there is any benefit in upholding this anti white cuck cult.

I'm proud of you, user :)
Lord of the Rings has Christian themes, though I'm not sure if that helps as you've probably seen it.

>not KJV

Not if you are telling the truth

poisoning children's minds so it seems normal as an adult to believe in this jewish evil nonsense

Attached: brainlet.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>faith in science is no different(if anything worse) than faith in religion
America is up early today.

That's still a good suggestion. My mom loves that book, and I heard the author was a devout Christian too.

I'm a Catholic, I don't use a Protestant KJV

Alt-right christfags are so fucking cringe holy shit

god entered user lel

this. It's reactionary shit, there is nothing genuine about it.

Kek

You don't need to swear on/to God to tell the truth user. Let's say I believed you in the first place. You should not swear at the drop of a hat to some random user on the internet.

I was raised as a Catholic and have identified as such my entire life, yet I am somehow being reactionary?

Damn, you guys really read me like a book there.

>God real

Attached: 1555267114739.jpg (378x378, 28K)

Nothong about this implies it wasn't yeshua and the dynamic of the movie clearly implies it was Yeshua. Yes they could have made it more obvious by making any point about devilish subversion or betrayal which this movie wasn't about. Keep trying though. People desperate enough to christlarp can't be honest anyhow.

What do you believe in?

I was talking about the recent phenomenon of alt-righters getting into Christianity, not you specifically, unless you are also identifying with the alt right

Love Exposure is an easy contender for the greatest movie ever made that's explicitly about Christianity, don't know if I'd call it a Christian movie though. Watch it anyway because it's kino.

Ugly, bizarre, miserable movie.

>incredibly harsh on those who do
I saw the ending as bizarrely easy on Andrew Garfield despite his total compromise. A guilty conscience was treated like it mattered in the end. Garfield is like the guy who kept fucking them over only worse because he never even took another chance to stick his neck out before failing. Just wallowed in failure with Liam Neeson until death.

based

20th century America was always a demented hellscape and hollow-tree ready to be kicked over by modernity. Watch some neo-noir or something.

>Scorcese is a serious Catholic
A serious Catholic apostate. So he might be biased in his presentation of apostasy.

I believe it's pronounced
>LOW-GHOSS
This guy shouldn't be allowed to discuss anything other than the social history of the 20th century and popular culture. He's very good at that.

Attached: LOVE EXPOSURE.avi_snapshot_00.48.34_[2017.09.21_23.56.37].jpg (640x352, 42K)

Who gives a shit user?

>NONONONONO GOD CAN'T BE REAL I DON'T WANT TO ANSWER FOR MY SINS NOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1543699221792.jpg (1080x1020, 191K)

The movie is LITERALLY called Silence you brainless. The priest thinks that God is absent, God at no point speaks to him. This is why he betrays the faith. This is his motivation.

Why do I even bother explaining the basic plot points to someone this stupid? How could you have not understood this when watching the movie?

try going back to /r/politics or tranny discord then?

Attached: yourpals.jpg (1400x1035, 149K)

t. atheist

I read the bible back to front a few weeks ago and it's rambling incoherent nonsense

Attached: 152544553319.png (645x773, 11K)

Shit movies, shit source for Christianity if you can't understand the depths of Tolkien's anglo-autism. Mostly enjoyed by the faggy kind of blood-idolater noob-perennialist who would be better off pagan.

The basic plot contains Yeshua saying him it's okay and by no means does the movie imply it is not Yeshua who does so.
All these insults really show your conviction.

i have read maybe 2000 pages of reformed protestant theology

Are you baptised? Have you received grace?

If then of course you would not have understood it. Also it takes men their entire lives to wrap their head around the genius of the Bible

>Also it takes men their entire lives to wrap their head around the genius of the Bible
It takes men their whole lives to cope and explain away things in the bible that are clearly bullshit

There is no god but God, and Muhammad is his messenger

Except it does and I explained to you in the last post on why it couldn't have been Jesus.

You are literally too stupid to understand the basic plot points in an easy to understand movie that is aimed to the general audience. How does that feel for you?

The Passion of the Christ, by Mel Gibson. Absolute kino, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

And yet you know how much bs christian judaism is.

Why do white people worship sandn*gger gods?

Yeah, I've seen the 13th Warrior as well. Pretty cool movie.

>word of God, intended to be read and easily understood by all his children
>no dude, only us true high IQuers know the real meaning
So this is the Christian equivalent of the fedora meme

Just drop the act and say that you believe in
Karma, like every other dumb hippie girl.

movies and tv is haram

im an exmuslim

YOur explanation was retarded and you're a christlarper trying to defend his first lol so deep movie.
I couldn't give less of a fuck what someone with so little self respect as you thinks of me.
call me stupid again. God knows you need the self affirmation.

God this board is filled with Jews Commies and idiots

Attached: 1565296220300.jpg (785x731, 81K)

Thank goodness I'm gay because I got redpilled at age 12 that God does not exist.

They don't. It's literally spics thinking they are equal to Europeans if they have muh judeo-christian values. Look at any /pol/ meetup

Ahem, we call them calvinists.

some sect even goes to far branding music as haram

I was raised Catholic and realized it was bullshit by 5th grade. Maybe it's because I went to Catholic school, was an alter boy, the whole deal, but being around it every day you soon realize it's just all a big cope. Not that I suddenly thought genuinely believing in these stories was detrimental in any way, just that it wasn't for me.

i was a salafi

if you aren't a salafi, you aren't a muslim

youtube.com/watch?v=rjvVbnXll70

most sects you mean.

Father O'Flannigan raped you and made you gay?

But Europe has so much ancient culture and history of it's own. Why would someone who is educated literally choose to pray to a jew god?

You say you're Christian? This is part of being a Christian user. You have a code to follow. Like self-discipline. "Who gives a shit?" You've got no integrity. Imagine someone who still drinks diet coke after swearing off soda? How about start by giving a shit?

>Turned myself over to God
More like turned myself in. My bad!

Same. Imagine being a Christcuck/Islamist breeder

Attached: 14_large.png (428x480, 236K)

christianity is a jewish heresy

so nobody wants to actually talk movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=UjrsggZSXRo&index=10&list=RDOebSryS5avk

Attached: LOVE EXPOSURE.avi_snapshot_03.29.22_[2017.09.15_22.35.35].jpg (640x352, 42K)

Nobody has ever raped or abused me. The universe made me gay.

Attached: rainbow-bridge.jpg (480x300, 40K)

This is great to fall asleep to, not in a bad way

Attached: 49595703-D5BA-4FC9-9DD2-F055671DAF00.jpg (347x450, 27K)

Oh my

Attached: 1567919432856.webm (854x480, 1.63M)

>God is bullshit
>Posts sacred geometry and rainbows, seems to imply that love is real
makes me think

>Not the Apocryphon of John

Was breaking the 3rd commandment supposed to be ironic here, alt-right zoomer?

God is dead.

g-d was never alive

awful movie. All the worst and most frustrating aspects of Japanese culture shoved down your throat for 4 hours straight, including their complete inability to understand Catholicism.

Watching Christians weild logic is like watching a dog chasing it's tail.

GODS NOT DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE

HE'S LIVING ON THE INSIDE ROARING LIKE A LION

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw

the thing is whether you like christian or not at least they still retain some local culture like if you see church in japan or india the church had their nation unique architecture and they pray in their own language meanwhile if you're muslim literally your goal is just larping as 7th century arab men

>Why would someone who is educated literally choose to pray to a jew god?
Maybe because you're ignorant? Christianity is basically a Roman religion. It started in Antioch, spread through Anatolia and Greece. It has virtually nothing to do with the jewish tribes. The vast majority of Christianity is basically inspired by Roman culture and what it is.

The "Judeo-Christian" narrative is literally jewish mass propaganda to subvert imbeciles. And t b h to them, it works great.

Scorcese is a terrible catholic with weak faith who believes whatever he wants. He should have been threatened with excommunication for making The Last Temptation. Silence is a good movie, but again shows how he prefers to have a simpering, weak, compromising faith.

Actually looks kinda good. Glad that priest is happy.

Okay pleb.

Good for you user. I tried to accept God into my life, but i got held back by sin. My gf I had been dating for 3 months who has been an amazing influence in my life, we had sex once, and my bible group said I had to leave her to truly become a follower of God and I just couldnt do it. So I left the group and never went back

ok letterboxd faggot

science is real, religious faith is evil, and I'm accepting of the truth that we just don't have answers for some things, saying "god did it" isn't an acceptable answer.

Cringe LARP buddy. Scorsese makes human pictures about real people with conflict that are endlessly relatable to anyone with faith.

They don't christianity is dead in europe

Reminder to you fedora types that you are powerless to deny the experiences of those who have received the holy spirit.
>Th..they're just LARPing
Enjoy your SSRIs, being mentally and spiritually subverted, and living in despair. Your exaltation of sodomy and sin has to some of the saddest copes I see.

I'm not trying to defend it, I'm trying to defend the basics that anyone who watched this should understand.

The movie is called Silence because the priest believes that God does not speak to him. He hears God tell him to surrender his faith, but this is not God. This is either his own psyche telling him to do so, or the devil (you can decide which) because God refuses to speak to him (or so he believes)

The point of the film is that God is there, he is the creator. This is why the movie ends with the title credits and the sound of nature. Silence of God does not exist, because he is the creator of all things. As a non-christian this might be hard for you to understand, but it's not your fault. You just have not been exposed to Christian metaphysics and philosophy. In the same way you might struggle diving into whatever philosophy without background knowledge.

tl;dr: movie is called silence because the main priest believes God does not speak to him, but God is in fact always present as he is the creator. He does not need to directly interfere in your life for him to be present

I'm right though. they're good movies but this is a thread explicitly about Christian film, so i'm approaching my criticism from that perspective.

blessing this thread with my favorite non-liturgical hymn.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYRy9Lv9jPs

Why is the "Christian right" so needy for everyone else's attention? It's pathetic.

That sounds like a cope. Why are all the paragons in the bible sandnigge*s then? There are no Roman heroes and most places and names are Hebrew

— «THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST».

— «SILENCE» (2016).

— «IGNACIO DE LOYOLA» (2016).

— «FRATELLO SOLE, SORELLA LUNA».

— «THE MESSENGER: THE STORY OF JOAN OF ARC»,

— «SANTA ROSA DE LIMA» (SERIES, 2017).

— «VISION: AUS DEM LEBEN DER HILDEGARD VON BINGEN».

— «LA NOCHE OSCURA» (1989).

Attached: F4D95069-A0C7-4415-B9FE-2761CB0B3280.jpg (1536x2048, 1.36M)

The New testament makes it pretty clear that there should be no distinction between Gentile and Jew anymore. The people who call themselves Jews today are incongruous with the New Testament and actively reject the core tenants of Christianity. They can still be redeemed in Christ if they beg his forgiveness. All the turbo fedoras (including lots of "Jews") who reject don't only reject Jesus, but also the Holy Spirit are unironically irredeemable and beyond hope of salvation.

You have a good day too, buddy.

McGee and Me
Adventures in Odyssey
Commander Kelly and the Superkids
Veggie Tales
Yeah they're all kids shows but it kinda comes with the territory

Explain

A lot of them don't really believe and got into it just to ''trigger the libs''. They want a reaction.

I wonder how many kiked mouse shills got baited into this thread. For me this thread a cozy way to spread the good news, and turn the other cheek.

God bless you all.

May the lord bless you.

Interview with God. Truly kino stuff

Christians look pretty bad ITT as per the norm though. Weird post

>worshipping a kike deity
Good goy

>Watching Liberals wield logic
FTFY

True to a degree, but it's also a case of identifying with something to the point that it really does encompass their beliefs, even if it's not really genuine.
Changed your tone quickly there, buddy. Guess that wasn't the reaction you expected.

here OP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

at least you'll watch some kino for once

>NOOOO I TOLD YOU WE RETCONNED THE BIBLE AND NOW GOD IS WHITE!!! ONLY MY PERSONAL INTERPRETATION MATTERS! SHUT UUUUPP!

Attached: NOOOOOOO.png (1080x1020, 572K)

Yeshua means "may the name be blotted out". Its an Edomite aka jewish term. His actual name was Yahshua
Yah=God
Shua=Saves

It's interesting how neopagan types view religion exactly like the Jews they hate.

Are you aware of how little sense that makes?

>And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. 26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision

wtf did God mean by this, why did God just randomly want to kill moses

It doesn’t get anymore Christpilled than this.

Attached: F40DABC5-8018-4F47-ACB6-438260F8134F.jpg (430x516, 32K)

NOOO THIS ISN'T CANON! DELETE THIS!

Read book of Judges. That unlocks what the Old Testament is all about.

>some kike in the desert starts making up nonsense
>thousands of years later, dumb faggots still take it seriously

God doesn't answer my prayers so I stopped believing in him

Attached: 628743-58C.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>Claims to be the Jewish messiah
>Gets killed, literally nothing happens
>Redefine what the messiah actually was

Attached: 1569900612428.jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

Dumb and smelly post ironic contrarian Yea Forums christian

Christfags eternally BTFO as usual.

I'm not saying God is bullshit. I'm agnostic and pray sometimes.

My prayers start with: "God, if you're real, please...[insert request]"

But I'm 1000000% sure:

Judaism is fake. Judaism is evil.

Christianity is FAKE. Jesus is NOT GOD. Jesus is NOT the son of God.

Islam is fake. Muhammad was an EVIL man. Allah is not real.

Attached: 10-Ultimate-Truths-That-Only-Super-Enlightened-People-Understand.jpg (869x547, 575K)

>Turned myself over to God a week ago

Have you handed over you crucifix and your other crucifix?!?FACT!!!

>samefags up the thread with anti christian shitposting
>looks like i won haha

FUCK THE CHURCH

Attached: based and atheist pilled.png (545x589, 51K)

obsessed. God is real. Cry more about it.

Risen

>Jesus is Horus, no mithra, no krishna
Why do atheists have to make up lies to disprove Christianity?

A lot of /pol/ crossover

Signs

You're an absolute retard.

>people don't believe in god because they don't want answer for their sins
HOLY shit, how can christiancucks be this delusional.

>tfw you realize god exists

Attached: 1365204664361.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

>tfw hard right atheist
It’s an odd feel.

Attached: 1549940669417.jpg (296x362, 11K)

Fireproof
The Agony and the Ecstasy
The Ten Commandments
Ben-Hur
Over the Garden Wall
Courageous

>it’s a redditor projects episode

>forgetting this shithole is simultaneously a reddit, tumblr, discord, and /pol/ colony

Jannies, please nuke this board so we can start over

>reading YA

are you a woman or just low iq

Attached: 1536813600274.png (416x435, 99K)

None, they are all propaganda trash.

it is therapeutic

>Lord of the Rings has Christian themes
kek it absolutely doesn't. Tolkien was very careful not to put his religious beliefs into his fiction. It has more in common with the pagan faiths of the Old World that he loved to study since it was tied to history and linguistics, you know...the things he was a professor of?

That's even more cringe.

>I TURNED MYSELF INTO A CHRISTKEK MORTY! I'M DISCIPLE RICK!

The Young Pope

You know that the main character (the titular Young Pope) is the BAD guy, right?

repent

Attached: semana santa3234.jpg (1024x683, 59K)

Life of Brian