What would've made it better?

What would've made it better?

Attached: 342545342534534.jpg (1200x627, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rH6b_lSQst0
youtube.com/watch?v=pSsbhJ2E6IE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Competent director

Be based on a story not written by heroin-addicted liberal nutjob

One of two things
>he only kills people that will piss of liberals (brown people, fags, mentally ill, etc) simply because those idiots reacting would be more entertaining than the actual movie
>he is competent and rips the shit out of the nerds. Full 180 on the book, just as the nerds think theyre gonna win IT smiles and starts skinning them alive and picking out their eye balls to eat one by one

Removing the fag shit.

He already did

Attached: 69743661_2417582878311175_6949624708358733824_n.jpg (843x925, 77K)

Pennywise winning would have been fun twist but imagine the fucking rage

Ditch the alien origin and make him the ghost of Pennywise

More monsters, not just clown.
Showing the mass attroties like the foundry explosion, the black spot burning and so forth.
They introduce indians getting btfo, maybe a flashback.

>They introduce indians getting btfo, maybe a flashback.
Isn't there a bit of this in the film?

The Joker kills him halfway through the movie.

An animated short, like from a hallucination. It looked like it would have had interesting wolf and eagle monsters.

Pennywise wins but then in the sequel he gets killed by Paul Kersey from Death Wish.

Pennywise turns into a female and has her own (formerly his own) sex scene

Go on...

Attached: 1464065075627.jpg (414x414, 19K)

More trains.

And then after a timeskip she (formerly he) looks terrible and decides to join the 40% after getting tired of dilating every day.

Drider It vs Scorpion King Rock?

>here you go senpai pennywise but with spider legs LOL!
that fight was ridiculous, it ruined everything

No cgi just practical effects

nothing really. I remember that the book being a mess of a narrative, and really what people like about It is the concept, not the 'riveting' way Stephen King likes to structure his stories. The movies do the best job they can to make a worthwhile and entertaining story sit through, while trying to stay as true to the book as they reasonably could.

>Pennywise almost wins
>3 nerds left
>pennywise is going for the final blow
>massive spear through him
>noose thrown around his neck and he is suffocating and screaming
>nerds are confused
>plasma blast disintergrates pennywises body
>the noose is pulled up to a ledge with the skull still attached
>predator standing there doing a victory roar
>nerds think he is a saviour
>he goes invisible
>eyes glow
>red triangle lazer is seen on one of the nerds foreheads
>screen goes black
>hear the plazma shot
>hear the ither nerds scream, panic and run
>last sound you hear is some predator noise like he is about to go on a hunt

did he brap

Come on now

Not make it seem like the movie will end early with the main monster almost getting choked to death by just one of the guys and only escaping by puking.

>the killer clown isn't the ally we thought he was
I can't even

The monster was female in the book. It laid eggs and everything. King really missed out on the monster taking in a harem of helpless men. But that would be silly, ha ha.

It is revealed that Sophia Ellis' character is Pennywise's daughter

>post credits scene
>sonic boom is heard coming down
>ends with a shot of the Superman S

A little less levity. Overall, I was very pleased with it. My only other complaint was the dumb dadrock outburst in Eddie's basement scene.

KINO
I
N
O

More scenes like the opening kill and the little girl getting killed. Allowing the tension to build properly, allowing a kill to sink in more, rather than vonstant jumping bacvk and forth with jumpscares and over the top CGI. Some scenes are legit good and creepy, but sadly there's just too much jumping around, without allowing the viewer to take it all in properly. This is the major problem, I think.
A different edit might work a hell of a lot better.

Cocaine addicted**

Attached: 4AFDF35C-00FA-4A32-A6B6-67AF727AE5E5.jpg (997x1500, 552K)

killing more queers

more sensual shota foot fetish scenes

More Pennywise eating new kids. Lose the adults taking back memory thing Cut the old kids flashbacks. Let the adults do their things. Reduce their character building basically. Just let them do simple monster slaying in the end and make the movie be about Pennywise killing people

Basically what New Line Cinema used to deliver

This but then he's praised for it and gets confused. He receives the key to the city and becomes a good guy by only going after LGBTs.

I agree with you. Pennywise's value is in his scenes of talking to kids not in the CGI spider scenes

Pennywise just needed more screentime throughout the film tormenting everybody in his clown form. He lacked presence compared to the first film.
Also how did the gang manage to explain their way out of Henry and Eddie's death to the authorities (not that Derry's authorities seem to care about the murders though that seems to be the clown's manipulation work)?

Except for the whole deadlights shit, that was based and freaky as it should be.

If it's anything like the first one: more scares based on actual dread and not 100% sudden blaring noise scares.

The concept of the book itself is very strong but the problem that I've always had was, why did the people of Derry put up with IT's shit for soo long? King never went into this or maybe I can't remember since I haven't read the book in almost 3 decades. Every 27 years a bunch of kids go missing and no one says or does shit?!? How did that go unnoticed the last few times or was there a deliberate cover up by people who knew what was going on and said nothing? Why would they do this?

I think this needed some back story, like Pennywise promised the people of Derry prosperity if they let it feed every 27 years. Have it that only the Mayor, the Chief of Police and a few others in power know, so during the events of the first half of the story, the kids notice that these people and their families went on extended vacation for a few weeks until the coast is clear. So they have no one to turn to and can't convince adults about it while others secretly know but don't have children and don't say anything or make subtle threats not to cause trouble.

There needed to be more of an air of paranoia and I just don't get that. Also, the kids defeated IT in 1989, when the first movie takes place as the local theater is playing Batman and Lethal Weapon 2. So say they come back in 2017 because they get word from Mike, who stayed behind in Derry, that children are going missing again. They come back to find that Derry is a shell of its former self as manufacturing jobs left and the economy suffered. Have Pennywise running about but, here's the twist, he's not killing any kids because he's weak from hunger and not strong enough. He can still fuck with people using illusions and what not but it's actually Henry Bowers killing the kids. The town elders allow him to "escape" from prison, where he's been since killing his father, on the condition that he kills some random kids, as a sacrificial offering to Pennywise in the hope of bringing prosperity back to Derry, and they'll cover it up. They promise Henry that, if he does this, after the summer is over they'll get him out of the country with a new identity or some such bullshit to sucker him when they'll actually just murder him and say he was an escaped serial killer. Case closed.

Word gets around that the Losers Club has returned and the town folk try to scare them away as they don't want to kill them and draw attention from Federal authorities and their families. When that doesn't work they send Henry after them so that they can peg their deaths on him later on. Pennywise teams with Bowers and uses his powers to distract them so Henry can get to them when they go back into the sewer to finish IT once and for all. The Losers manage to kill Bowers but only after Eddie gets mortally wounded while saving them.

They find the heart of IT and it isn't some dumb fucking spider. Say in the cavern there's some sort of weird tree shaped thing, a kind of fungi, that took root in the ground after landing from outer space and grew, spreading its tendrils and spreading beneath the town. Somehow this allows IT to manifest itself anywhere in the town but no further as IT is afraid of drawing too much attention to itself and has relied on the towns superstition and fear to keep it safe for centuries. The truth is that the entity never had any sort of influence or power over Derry's economy but being a small town the elders believed IT's lies and allowed it to feed, passing the info only to a small handful of people in power. It was just a coincidence that the towns manufacturing base and jobs left due to NAFTA and Free Trade in the 90's after the Losers defeated IT in 1989.

The Losers torch the fungi, along with Eddie and Henry's bodies, which ignites its tendrils across the town, turning most of Derry into a raging inferno. The media chalk it up to a gas leak that built up in the sewers and ignited, something unforeseen due to the age of the city. Case closed. The town is abandoned and a news team interviews the Mayor who is the last person to officially leave Derry. He says he plans to retire and move to New York to live with his children. He says this while holding a small potted plant in his arms. The news reporter asks about the plant and he says "oh, I do a bit of botany and it's a hybrid that I've been breeding"...…

Two years later Bill is living in New York. His car is in the shop and he has to take the subway. He gets into the last car which is packed. He manages to get to the back of the car and finishes a cell phone conversation he's having with Ben who tells him that Bev is pregnant. Bill congratulates him and says goodbye. While waiting for the car to start he see's a red balloon passing by the cars side windows with the person holding the string out of view due to the other passengers blocking his view. He continues to watch from the back window and see's what appears to be a child in a yellow rain coat and green boots walking along the edge of the subway platform.

The child turns around and Bill's eyes go wide with horror. It's Georgie, his little brother, who smiles at him. Suddenly Pennywise steps out from behind one of the concrete pillars and begins to wave to Bill while Georgie does the same with his bloody stump of an arm as the subway car jerks forward and begins to depart. Once the train is gone, Pennywise jumps down onto the tracks and helps Georgie down. Pennywise holds the balloon while holding Georgie's only hand as they walk into the subway tunnel entrance and the darkness as Pennywise muses "You know something Georgie, I should have left Derry a long time ago..."

The end.

!!!FACT!!!

youtu.be/rH6b_lSQst0

FPBP

Less forced LGBT shit and cut out the filler around the middle of the movie with EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHARACTER having a flashback of being spooked only to then be spooked again in the present.

>What would've made it better?

Full Frontal

Attached: jessica-chastain-it-chapter-ii-ftr.jpg (620x349, 29K)

>More scenes like the opening kill and the little girl getting killed
These were the best scenes in the movie. The opening was particularly good and then the movie just went to shit after that. It could have been so much better. The garbage CGI ruined it as well.

They could've done a better job outlining IT's tax policy.

Eddie nearly choking It to death makes perfect sense, I'm perplexed why people don't get this. He stood his ground and faced his fear, fighting back - ie, exactly how they beat him at the end.

A completely different presentation.

Cringe

They also needed to clarify Pennywise's powers. He's a specter that can take form and kill people but how can he be hurt? How about that he mostly runs around and fucks with people using hallucinations and whatnot but he's not physical when doing this.

Say that in order for him to kill he must make himself solid to interact with the real world and that takes up a lot of his energy. When he's in this form he can be hurt which is why he pretends to be a clown and attacks children, because they're not strong and easily scared.

He doesn't go after adults because they can fight back, especially if in a group. This should be the reason why he's afraid of the Losers Club.

This would explain why they're able to fuck him up in part 1 because he's solid and trying to kill them and they fought back, defeating him!!!FACT!!!

It truly felt to me like an ADHD ride in which the movie makers were trying to reel in as much of a diverse crowd as possible. Scenes don't linger, they jump, characters go from sadness to comedy constantly (sometimes is very good, and this movie has some great character moments and very witty funny dialogue, but too much is too much).

A different studio

issabad , watching it right now , cant hold my attention unlike the first one then again im not a big fan of remakes and it´s a big letdown with MUH CGI AND MUH LOUD NOISES like everyotherfucking "horror" nowadays.

this is the fortnite version of stephen "im afraid of the dark due to drug abuse" king KINO.

funniest part of the movie was eddie’s flashback scene when he’s shown going into the pharmacy basement and runs into a box and screams. just made me wish i was watching chapter 1 instead

Staying as a book
Both IT movies are abhorrent dogshit

They needed to completely rework the adult portions of the book. In the book the adult and children parts are more intertwined, so you don’t really notice just how aimless and meandering the adult parts are because you’re caught up in the mystery of It and learning through flashbacks about the losers childhoods. When you actually divide it into two distinct parts it becomes painfully obvious that the adult characters don’t actually have anything to do and spend the majority of the story just aimlessly wandering around Derry. It just doesn’t make for a very engaging or exciting plot.

To be fair, the book is also pretty bad. The cult of worship around Stephen King is completely undeserved. He has a lot of decent horror ideas but he is by no means a great writer. This movie is basically the best possible adaptation we could hope for.

Director seems interested in doing an IT supercut with both movies. Saw it in some interview. Chances are if the movie's a success it'll happen.

That would be rough. Not just because the movie will be stupidly long, but they’ll have to splice footage of the kids from part 1 with the digitally altered footage of the kids from part 2 and the awkwardness will be really obvious and distracting.

>Full Frontal

Not from that man faced sneering cunt!!!FACT!!!

I'm not saying that King is the new Cormac McCarthy, but hes books are definitely way higher quality than the movie adaptations

Kinda wish that Sam Raimi would have made part 2. He could have nailed it!!!FACT!!!

They should also explain why when Edie hit him Pennywise got hurt and looked like it's dying and the next moment Pennywise came back and killed Edie and the next moment he became weak as fuck and died.

Or better they could have avoided all those.

What you said was great. Just make it that Pennywise can't win against a group. Simple and upbeat.

The flashbacks don’t work because there isn’t any tension when we know the character becomes an adult
This seems like film 101 stuff

Ben did notice
You are asking why nobody did the thing the doing of which is the plot of the book
If what you said happened the book would be set earlier, but not different

King has referred to himself as "the McDonald's of literature" before, so he's aware.

Depends entirely upon the adaptation. This is often true when there are so many trash SK adaptations like Dark Tower, but many of the adaptations are actually better than the books. People just like to claim the books are better to feel superior to all the movie fans.

The Shining, Carrie, Misery, Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, The Dead Zone, and Christine are all better than the books they’re based on. They’re elevated by the ability of the filmmakers. Kubrick, Reiner, Cronenberg, and Carpenter are all better directors than King is a writer. It literally just depends on whose adapting it. Admittedly Muschietti is a hack so the It movies aren’t great.

In the book it's implied that IT is slightly manipulating the town. People living there don't realize just how bad the town is because the presence of IT is having influence over them. I know that's not a very satisfying answer to your question but it is what it is.

Stand By Me and The Mist are also better movies than their novella counterparts, though neither of those novellas are particularly bad, with The Body being quite good.

less jokes
more creepy
go full spider, not clown spider hybrid
100% less angel of the morning

Take out the kids flash backs, like the fuck, Ben building the entire clubhouse on his own while everything was happening? The damn and the clubhouse in the book was how the kids really bonded and came together at first.

Also, remove the stupid native stuff. Shouldn't have been fucking dumbasses and put the clubhouse shit in the first movie and had them have the vision of the coming of IT.

Also if you're not gonna do the Ritual of Chud correctly, then don't even try to fucking hamfist it in. Less bad CGI, and don't have that fucking pussy ass ending. "WE JUST HAD TO USE OUR IMAGINATIONS ALL ALONG."

Attached: Paulieee.png (537x537, 401K)

You're misremembering a lot from the book. Pennywise isn't a specture and he's not rooted to the ground. It's a real physical creature that moves in and out of the sewers.

There is also a part about how they are always new kids born and people don't leave dispite all the bad stuff, pennywise tends to his cattle

The book isn't even hard to follow. Anyone who says otherwise is more retarded then a Stephen king fan, has never read it, or read it 15 years ago and barely remembers anything.

Should have been like an HBO series and really flesh stuff out. Have the Derry Interludes as episodes in between the Parts, and go through all the spooky history of Derry and Pennywise

I dont think them showing the graphic deaths of some of the kids would do well in todays world. Or bev getting beaten and then fucked hard by her abuser and liking it so much she admits to cumming 3 times. Or blacks getting burned alive inside a night club. Honestly this could have been a really provactive film without the sewer sex scene, they just never include anything worth remembering. The retarded kid who killed animals in the locking fridge getting eaten alive my giant mosquitos. The boy getting hisbhead twisted off by the creature from the black lagoon. So much left out.

why is the factposter always right

So, does the farmer make a deal with the cattle that if some keep the others in line, but let him feed every couple of years, he'd help them? No

IT came from the macroverse and landed in that spot, knowing that eventually people would come there. It would wake up with an initial event some sort of disaster or tragedy, feeds for a few months, then another thing happens, and it goes back to bed.

The influence IT has on the towns people is in the subconscious. IT can possess some people and manipulate them into doing what it wants.

While IT is a shape shifting entity, it's form follows the rules of what shape it takes. When IT becomes the werewolf, they all believe in the power of silver to kill monsters. The new film sort of touched on that, with Eddie and the spear.

based ha ha poster

1408 is one of my favorite movies, it is just so well done

Weird how they showed young bev in her undies, but not adult bev....

Let Henry Bowers say kike and nigger. Like what the fuck, he was full on bully and they wouldn't let him do that. Plus why did they body swap Belch and Hockstedder. Patrick Hockstedder from the book was more interesting.

add the kids have sex in the sewer in part 1 and maybe add that scene were all the niggers get burned alive in part 2.

Attached: 1565952053371.jpg (574x881, 54K)

It’s not that it’s difficult to follow, it’s that it’s ridiculously and needlessly strange is nonsensical ways. A lot of the weirdness of the book can’t really be translated to the screen. Even in the book there are some headscratching decisions.

ben is such a nothing character in part 2. just a blank vapid chad, zero chemistry between himself and beverly. he doesn’t act like a former fat kid who’s still yearning and insecure

Since the book is set partially in the 50s It takes the form of old classic movie monsters to scare the kids. They really fucked up by moving the kids part in the 80's and completely ignoring the opportunity to have It turn into Jason or Freddy or some other slasher character.

>So, does the farmer make a deal with the cattle that if some keep the others in line, but let him feed every couple of years, he'd help them? No
No indeed it's just Matrix

>Plus why did they body swap Belch and Hockstedder
Because Hockstetter died in part 1 and they didn't know if they'd make enough money back to make part 2.

They used a spider head from The Thing. They also paid some tributes to 90s movies.
What you said may be reasonable but they probably don't want Freddy or Jason in the movie because Pennywise himself is already too similar to them two

Adult Bev gets a boobs in rain scene early on.

Attached: BR-edb0bf4.jpg (620x413, 35K)

>In the book it's implied that IT is slightly manipulating the town. People living there don't realize just how bad the town is because the presence of IT is having influence over them. I know that's not a very satisfying answer to your question but it is what it is.
Which is why in the book after IT is killed, the town starts to die.

Also Freddy is referenced on the theater billboard at the end, they're showing Nightmare part 5.

>Goes to the quarry knowing they're going swimming.
>literally no one brings a bathing suit
didn't make sense to me.

Half the town vanishes in a freak storm and subsequential flood, you mean.

>Half the town vanishes in a freak storm and subsequential flood, you mean.
yes, that.

is this not a parody?

Attached: honkhonk.jpg (800x450, 47K)

Why did it pull its punches? First It had little boy Georgie getting his arm bitten off then staggering around and getting pulled into a storm drain whilst crying and squirting blood everywhere.
It 2's worst/goriest moment
>gay bashing scene, has nothing to do with Pennywise really
>little girl with birthmark gets bitten and killed by Pennywise but it doesn't even really show it
>little boy in mirror funhouse gets killed by Pennywise but the blood splatter blocks the view of the kill
It's rated R, why was it so tame?

Why the forced homosexuality onto Richie?

The film is so long and it's filled with so much bloat and characters and subplots that feel utterly pointless and not interesting. All of the "retrieve your personal memento" scenes felt stupid.

Richie is le funny man but the constant joking from everyone else sucked.
>Eddie choking music blast scene
WTF it was so bizarre

This, where the fuck was Pennywise?
>not using your best tool throughout the movie
??

They pulled punches indeed. 1 felt almost better in your comparison.

I was expecting with the adults they could have done more edgy things but apparently it's the opposite all the big shots in this movie probably demanded better images and less gore

I thought the CGI and effects were noticeably worse in It 2. The entire plot felt really disjointed and not in a spooky horror way but instead in a shitty writing way.

I see IT like Freddy Kreuger. A terrible secret between adults and how it affects children.

A monster that eats kids is scary but what's really terrifying is the idea of people who are willing to sacrifice children for their own selfish ends. It should have been about the realization of what being an adult is about. That as you get older you're willing to make compromises to secure your safety. War between the generations and all that "don't trust anyone over 30" stuff.

The protagonists of IT as adults trapped in their own lives should have came to this conclusion while their ultimate triumph against IT makes them break free of whatever was holding them back and allowing them to move on trough life.

!!!FACT!!!

>Which is why in the book after IT is killed, the town starts to die.

That's why I came up with the idea that after the kids defeat IT in part 1 the town dies as IT-1 takes place in 1989. Not because of what they did but just by pure coincidence as NAFTA and Free Trade started to kill small towns like Derry. IT was playing a long game con on the town!!!FACT!!!

>sneering
sneeding

flowcharts are supposed to be readable

the person who made this should be ashamed of themselves

How different was Fukunaga's version? Maybe they should've kept him

The gay subtext was much more obvious

Based

Attached: noneofthismatters.png (720x480, 256K)

MORE CGI!!!!! MOOOOOOREEE

>The killer clown isn't the ally we thought he was

Are we living in a post-new-sincerity world now?

King's strength is in short fiction. His ideas are much more powerful than the execution.
If he isn't given sufficient rope to hang himself, you get great stuff like Night Shift, which might be the best horror collection of all time.

The whole thing literally feels like a horror film for children, which is weird when the previous movie starring child actors felt more frightening and adult. Pennywise just isn’t scary in this film. Don’t get me wrong, I like him. I think he’s a fun presence whenever he’s on screen, but he almost never does anything scary. He transforms into a gangly googly eyed old lady, he makes eyeballs and little evil pokemon things come out of fortune cookies, he comically vomits on eddie as a silly gross leper and, most laughably of all, turns into a giant cartoon statue of Paul Bunyan. And in all those aforementioned scenes he never actually kills or harms any of the people he’s after. He feels like a joke in this movie. It’s like one of the later nightmare on elm street movies but less self aware and fun.

Based

I dont think the fault lies with the person who made the flow chart, thats kind of the point

should’ve been a scene where richie fucks eddie’s delicious boy thighs

After the S pan over and see the Millennium Falcon fly by

>that gay bashing scene in the beginning
wtf guys you didn't tell me this was a comedy

I actually know the context of this wtf

Attached: 35C190D8-0F78-43B9-9FF4-36C576D7E332.jpg (750x1081, 91K)

Pennywise taking the forms of classic monsters was really interesting in the book, also the fact that the book is called IT seems to be a reference to the 50s sci fi films like It! Terror From Beyond Space and It Came From Outer Space. The idea of Pennywise being this creature thats preying on this shared consciousness of horror that is created in part by horror films is incredibly cool but the films do nothing with this. Also the whole story just makes less sense in the 80s/2000s timelines

how was a cannibal clown pro faggot?

His interest in other people’s children

Attached: EC02380B-C462-4E05-8981-DB26C0603670.jpg (393x373, 35K)

As the millennium falcon goes to land, the ground turns into a pillow and the background mountains is actually a head. And Angel lifts her head from the pillow and stretches and yawns. It was just a dream all alon as the millennium falcon goes to land, the ground turns into a pillow and the background mounds is actually a head. And angel lifts her head from the pillow and stretches and yawns. It was just a strange dream all along.

I thought Pennywise only ate children.

jesus fucking christ what the fuck is going on anymore

an actual giant spider monster
and female Penny

Quick question...

Did they explain the origin of IT ? is it a Lovecraftian deity that crashed on Earth centur=ies ago?

Not be a shitty >>>loud noises jumpscare fest, rely on something other than shitty CGI and after-effects animations to make the movie frightening. Jumped once and expected it, was the scene when the zombie crawled out from under the bed and I only jumped because they resorted to an explosion-tier popping noise for the balloon. Thought IT was supposed to be horror?

>King's strength is in short fiction.

100% correct but I think Horror in general works better in short form. Lovecraft was the same. The longer a story goes the less effective it is!!!FACT!!!

there is something like that mentioned
but it's also related to the dark tower so it's maybe more like a demon from a parallel world rather than an alien from a distant world

>pedo demon clown spider alien
>gay icon

checks out

RIP DFW

Tim Curry

>related to the dark tower

explain.

Of course Pennywise isn't a fag ally. He's obviously not a pedophile.

Same cosmology, the divine petting zoo also helps a group in the dark Tower, and without their group bond, the group is fucked.

>Sonic ring pickup sound is heard
>Ganxta's paradise starts playing
>someone says "Gotta go fast"

>the ally we thought he was
This is a, what, thirty year old best-seller with other adaptations out there and they're just finding this out?

All of king's shit ties back to the dark tower.
It's the trunk of the tree from which all other stories of his ultimately flow back into.
The turtle everyone's going on about is perhaps more important in the DT series than it was in IT where it couldn't really do shit for the kids.

>What would've made it better?

Attached: IT.png (1280x536, 354K)

1) Rework the plot, give the adult characters something to do besides just walking around town aimlessly. There need to be clear goals and stakes.

2) Make Pennywise more dangerous, he eats a couple kids in this movie but the adult characters are almost never in danger. He scares them a little and then they just get away every time.

3) Get a competent horror director, make the film actually scary. An eldritch alien that takes to form of a clown and terrifies its victims with whatever they fear most should be really scary. Instead Pennywise feels like fucking Beetlejuice or something. Turning into a giant Paul Bunyan or whatever is just dumb. Is this a comedy or what?

4) Less comedy. Some humor to ease the tension is fine, but it’s hard to take a movie seriously when it undercuts every single scare or dramatic moment with a dumb quip.

5) Less forced drama. The drama in this movie is comically overwrought and cheap. It feels so forced and rushed that it is never once convincing. Inserting a bad joke every other minute doesn’t help. You can’t have it both ways, either make this a full-on horror comedy ala Evil Dead 2 or commit to the drama.

The cast is the only reason this movie doesn’t immediately fall apart within the first hour but even actors this talented can’t get me to invest in such a messy script.

IT is too tied up in nostalgia from 40 year old boomers to ever be remotely substantial. The theater was filled with children and their parents, who presumably took them to give them le spooky clown experience. The movie delivered just that, and whoever is behind IT would have been stupid to not cater to the lowest common denominator. Most normies loved it and it'll be considered a huge success

you sound like you're just a blast at parties

Did I hit a nerve? Mommy didn't buy you popcorn when she took you?

Attached: 1562569829719.jpg (636x773, 44K)

Guys, these memes are getting to advanced for me

Clowns in make up can't be scary anymore because now they're reading books to kindergarden kids. What did you expect, Pennywise the drag queen look-alike tearing kids limb from limb as blood and gore splashes everywhere as the children die screaming? idk wtf drugs people are on to not see this larger picture.

Fuck off retard.

it's too plot driven, pennywise shows up too much and when he does he's not a threat. the kids phone it in or just suffer from bad direction, the whole tone is off.

saw it yesterday and was dissapointed, the old one was better

>A Predator
>hunting non threats with no weapons
It must be the incel beta of Predators.

kys zoomie

Pennywise Is Surprisingly Anti-Queer in ‘It Chaper Two
The killer clown isn’t the ally we thought he was.

BY ROSE DOMMU
In the aftermath of 2017’s It, Bill Skarsgård’s Pennywise the Dancing Clown became something of a gay icon. Between memes and makeup tutorials, Pennywise was everywhere — he and another monstrous LGBTQ+ favorite, the Babadook, were seen as #couplegoals. But after seeing It Chapter Two, I’m sad to announce that Pennywise is not gay, or even an ally. In fact, Pennywise is surprisingly anti-queer.

Spoilers for It Chapter Two follow.

As has been previously reported, the film opens with a scene straight from Stephen King’s original novel, in which a gay couple (Xavier Dolan and Taylor Frey) are attacked by a group of homophobes, who beat Dolan’s character Adrian and throw him over the side of a bridge. His boyfriend, Don, follows him down to the river below, just in time to watch Pennywise literally eat his heart out. This attack, inspired by the real-life murder of Charlie Howard, could be written off as simply Pennywise taking an opportunity to feed (although its implied, moreso in King’s novel than the film, that the entity It — the name the Losers Club gives to the monster otherwise known as Pennywise — controls the town of Derry and may have telepathically inspired the homophobes to attack the couple.)

But what really cements Pennywise’s bigotry is his treatment of Richie (Bill Hader), who is revealed to be closeted and in love with his childhood friend Eddie (James Ransone). When Richie sets off to Derry’s arcade to procure a token needed for the ritual to defeat It once and for all — which turns out to be a literal arcade token — he reminisces about being called a “fag” as a child (Finn Wolfhard returns as his younger incarnation) by bully-turned-sociopath Henry Bowers (Nicholas Hamilton). Then he’s attacked by a giant Paul Bunyan statue and, eventually, Pennywise himself.

The killer clown isn’t content to just threaten Richie with violence. Instead, he reveals that he knows Richie’s secret, his “dirty little secret.” He doesn’t just say it, he sings it — the song even appears on the album’s soundtrack (coming for all the pop girls’ necks, I see). So Pennywise isn’t just the physical manifestation of what is revealed to be some kind of cosmic entity that feeds off fear and human flesh, he’s a homophobe. Trump’s America strikes again!

>Trump’s America strikes again!

underage gangbang
space turtle
no jump scares

If you honestly believe that Stephen King is a good writer than you’re either underage or dumb. He’s bestseller tier aka sensational genre trash which appeals to the pleb normie audience.

Ah, I meant how belch is a tall lanky fuck in the book and first movie, and patrick hockstedder is weird ass psychopath that kills his baby brother and gives henry a handjob. He's so fucked up IT can barely know how to scare him. When it takes him it's like a melting wax figure.

"Hello and goodbye"

Joker is /ourclown/ though. At least Pennywise is slightly redpilled.

Well, main street collapses into the sewers, and most of the town is flooded. Newspapers say how the rebuilding is failing and stuff. But by the time the book Insomnia occurs, Derry is mostly recovered, but Ralph Roberts mentions how Derry was always a place where people seemed to be angry, and bad things would happen. But it had gotten better after the big storm.

Anyone have a screenshot of Spider form Pennywise?

Apparently the writer and director some how felt that there was "homosexual tension" with Richie from the novel and miniseries. Mean while Richie in the book be talking about how he got his vasectomy because his gf didn't want kids, and in the mini series goes on about his many ex wives.

Also you saw how punches were pulled with Bowers, saying nigger, not say kike, not even going on about how he killed Michael's dog, even saying he called it "nigger dog."

But hey, they made the jewish kid SUPER jewish. His dad is suddenly a Rabbi. Oy Vey gotta play that up

Also, why even include the fucking mummy, did you see that when it fucks around with Ben in both endings. Do you think they fucking forgot they cut out anything to do with Ben being scared of the mummy, but kept it in. "WOAH ITS A REFERENCE TO THE BOOK!"

“I think part of being a parent is trying to kill your kids.”
- T. Stephen King - Christine

I hate that fucking blockface fuck twat

Is this Pooh's Adventures?

More kid deaths from Pennywise, show the victim's parents a bit, they kill themselves and present it as being a hint that IT feeds on the despair of the adults as well, dont have kid flashbacks in the adult part, go full balls to the wall with trippy astral projection eldritch horror fight (I was wondering if this was gonna happen and sadly not)

I’m in for the long haul watching it now

Attached: 4E7CFB1A-A600-479C-A26D-D34D78312719.jpg (750x829, 521K)

I agree with your last part. If you're gonna use shitty cgi monsters, go all the way and show a joke telling contest on the astral plane of the macroverse

A torrent could make it better, *hint hint*.

the background tv shows showing the sewers and fucked up messages to the kids was kino, they should have done more of that in chapter 2

Gay

>biting children's arms off is okay
>calling somebody a "fag" is not

Attached: 1567833553090.gif (402x243, 36K)

Pennywise is /ourclown/

11/10 would buy collector's edition

Richie and Eddie should've had a sex scene.

Attached: 1567829765906.webm (640x296, 2.69M)

where’s a webm of eddie knocking richie’s glasses off with his foot

Attached: 9F61BC62-C32C-4B19-99CD-329F393317E4.jpg (800x370, 70K)

I need to find a full clip of that scene first.

For me the most kino moment is when Richie throws the rocks at Spider-It and is talking shit and It full on blasts him with the Deadlights mid-sentence and Richie is just fucking GONE.

The way his eyes glaze over instantly, his arms swinging limply, and the sound design. All so fucking good.

decent rip when? my local cinema has no singles policy

More Richie as he’s the standout of both movies

Anything that RedLetterMedia specifically criticized.

They already clearly doubled down on him, feels like Bill Hader and Finn Wolfhard were in the movie more than Bill was

>no scene of Henry Bowers rage fucks the shit out of Richie for being a fag
Missed opportunity

Tell the fucking origin of It
A 30 seconds scene could've do it. Wasnt that hard

Attached: 1509126861203.jpg (250x250, 37K)

>my local cinema has no singles policy

some intense rage-fueled repressed homolust could have been pretty kino

>Pennywise going for the final kill
>suddenly hears slow clap coming from behind him
>"Well look at the city slicker..."

>Every 27 years a bunch of kids go missing
no they don't. That happened only in the 50s and 80s, but before that it was just a tragic event like the factory burning, the guy killing people at a bar, a flood, shit like that. They had a logical explanation. In the 50s they thought they were animal attacks. Also this

Attached: 53E1A9EF-0FC6-459A-916C-C816F7A6783F.jpg (271x339, 17K)

>Henry Bowers rage fucks the shit out of Richie for being a fag
Go on...

Attached: image.jpg (500x700, 102K)

I thought Eddie was a standout in both films desu.

i wanna take finn to the movies...

Attached: 792B53CB-EEBE-47CA-B7A1-D145E3BC83CD.jpg (1200x644, 98K)

Y'all forgetting about the real QT from It

Attached: NEW+WORK_Jack+Dylan+Grazer_Boys+By+Girls_©+2019+Rachael+Wright-32.jpg (2000x3000, 741K)

In IT Chapter 2 I’m fairly certain that during the scene where Bill is drugged by Mike he sees IT crash landing to Earth

Those lips are unreal

What’s there to go on? Henry Bowers is a repressed homo who got abused by his dad and had his dick sucked by his friend, and Finn humiliating him in the rock war only infuriated (aroused) him more
For more go to wattpad.com

some niggas dont know that yautja dont hunt women or children.

The 2014 draft of the first movie is actually really cool, and I like it better than what we got. The Black Spot fire is in there and it has the bit with a lumberjack murdering a bunch of people in a saloon while Pennywise plays the piano. The ending is much more interesting too from what I remember. They go through a weird chamber with millions of spiders crawling around under a thin membrane of some kind. The final confrontation is in a trippy place with fucked up gravity and a portal into deep space, and they encounter It in a kind of ancient obsidian mausoleum thing in the middle of a gigantic reflecting pool.
I think the 2015 or 2016 draft is where things went off the rails. I've never read it but supposedly Richie and Stan are combined into one character among other stupid changes.

today, i will remind them

Attached: this is normal.jpg (988x766, 110K)

Link it to me senpai

Attached: AE803869-CC79-480E-B8C9-92013E41266F.jpg (1080x1350, 197K)

>Superman attacks predator
>Massive punch sound is heard, screen goes black
>cuts to Saitama with a bloody fist out, shrugging and looking at the camera bored while pieces of Superman are falling down on the background

Just search Henry Bowers x Richie Tozier on Wattpad

All they had to do was have the kids have their damn smoke house scene where they see IT arrive on earth. Nah, gotta have muh sacred native americans.

Shoulda had a whole Bully Zombie Squad, i thought that was the direction they were going

Attached: zompat.jpg (640x575, 71K)

To be fair, in the book it was just a handjob and he was pretty damn out of it mentally, but even when Patrick offered to blow him, he slapped the shit out of Patrick

HOLY FUCK, I GOT IT, the ending should have taken the gangbang and in part 2 turned it around that the Losers club RAPES PENNYWISE TO DEATH!!!FACT!!!

They could have, but for some reason they only had one bully die. In the book, Belch and Victor Criss (Patrick wasn't really one of the squad), were basically forced by IT to follow Henry into the morlock pipes after the Loser Squad. They wander around chasing the Losers, but Victor gets killed by the Frankenstein monster, and Belch actually tries to fight it, and Henry just takes off, eventually finding his way out, and getting arrested by the police. They found Belch and Victors stuff with his (of course) but then the panties of Betty Ripson (implying IT planted evidence on Henry)

handjob kino status: DENIED

Attached: it_bullys.gif (500x217, 1.85M)

just saw this crapolla. it was shit and cringe and inconsistent
>suddenly use the term dead lights
>eddies cast doesnt have the loser on it when he goes to the pharmacy
>beverly killed her dad last flick, in this hes alive
>no spider, just multiarmed clown
>never ending quips
>shitty effects somehow worse than last flick
>the actors act like theyre kids, awkward dialogue

I like how they throw in lame "Ritual of Chud" reference.

>>eddies cast doesnt have the loser on it when he goes to the pharmacy
I noticed that too, but i assume he gos AGAIN sometime after that which makes it confusing

>beverly killed her dad last flick, in this hes alive
this can't be real

Why did they have a Mortal Kombat arcade machine in 1988 when didn't come out until 92 or 93? It's not a huge deal but it just feels extremely lazy when they make such a huge deal out of the le 80s kids meme.

First release Street Fighter August 30, 1987
retart

Pepsi Presents Progress: A Disney DNC co-production. Executive Producers Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and the Council on Foreign Relations. Story by MSNBC.

Eddie has kino legs, no wonder Richie wants to fuck his boypussy.

Attached: f0652b85-1ebc-4bdc-bfa7-72861192f09c.jpg (640x256, 36K)

richie x eddie intercrural sex scene would have been too kino to handle

Attached: 099D639C-6F19-4154-9AB4-7CD2747B4C50.jpg (640x630, 179K)

anyone else find their post processed voices distracting

It’s a shame that Finn weren’t wearing shorts in that scene, it would have been kino.

If the two morbidly obese lesbians sitting in front of me would have shut the fuck up and quit laughing during every suspenseful scene.

it isnt

>suspenseful scene
>In this movie

agreed

Attached: C683E630-DF30-4C20-B0C5-27A61D4BBDCA.jpg (1600x902, 134K)

Stranger Things did everything wrong but got one thing right

Attached: image0.jpg (683x846, 55K)

it's true, and they added flashbacks so they could add more jumpscares, movie probably woulda been 90 minutes without them
ch1 + 2 supercut when

nothing

Attached: blade-runner-2049_trans++NJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpg (1728x1080, 141K)

fuck yes

why is fact poster always so factually incorrect?
how wrong can one person be? don't act like you read the book, because literally every reddit spaced statement is 100% incorrect
!!!FACT!!!

What the fuck? I love Pennywise now

Sounds kinda gay to me, buster...

Thank you

>we ally with faggot clowns now
Based and Gacy pilled.

OP I KNOW YOUR SECRET
OP... I KNOW IT

Attached: SECRET.jpg (3000x1600, 176K)

By making it an athmospheric slow burn

that was pretty great actually yeah

laffed

no gays

anyone got pics or webms/gifs of Richie caught in the deadlights?

why the full didn't Richie ever tell Eddie how he felt?

>in the book and original movie Bill and Ben are the main characters
>in the new remakes Eddie and Richie are by far the most popular, entertaining and have the best chemistry
uhhh??? and this is in the face of the Richie being homosexual being a totally forced thing that has no basis in the source material at all

The fact that the homosexual community identified with a evil clown that terrifies and eats children and made him a gay icon really makes you think.

Attached: faggot235.png (1226x860, 181K)

>cut out the kid flashbacks and either leave flashbacks gone, or replace them with tableaus showing all the fucked up shit IT has caused throughout Derry's history
>cut back on the humor, keep in some black comedy and Ritchie being Ritchie but don't compromise every single scare with a one liner
>emphasize the cosmic horror aspects, do something with the implication that his victims are suffering in the Deadlights even after their death
>spider form isn't "Pennywise drider" but is either IT mutilating him into a spider or it's a monster wearing an empty Pennywise husk

Attached: 1543919961387.gif (194x181, 1.45M)

Shoot both parts at the same time, cut it like the book with consistent back and forth in the timeline, have a scene of the first time It took a child in Derry (which was actually shot), have the adult bits be more psychological as opposed to the same jump scares that work on kids, have the balls to release it as a four hour ride.

They’re by far the most likeable characters of the films

Attached: BDDA263B-4CE8-4A75-9A4C-D4847461BAFE.jpg (1080x1080, 939K)

>no stupid fetch personal token quests
>no Native American shit
>have Mike die (no one cares about him at all)
>have Eddie live but only barely
>no humor besides Richie (no random music blasts during monster showdowns)
>less CGI and needs to be higher quality
>no Henry Bowers plot
>more Pennywise
>more violence and gore, it kept cutting AWAY from the kid deaths (???)
>extend Richie caught in the Deadlights scene, have him end up somehow being fucked up like Beverly was at least a little
>scrap long Steven King cameo, give him a background cameo where he can be seen but no talking
>less Bill
>Ben and Beverly need more chemistry
>make Pennywise more menacing (in first IT remake he waved at kids using a disembodied child's arm to wave at them, this movie was oddly tame)
>trim down plot/reduce bloat
>no stupid fortune cookies creatures that weren't scary OR change it to something scary
>Beverly scenes should have focused on her father's emotional incest and abusive parenting along with the abusive husband she married, those are the scariest elements of Beverly's story, WE'VE ALREADY SEEN LE EPIC BLOOD EXPLOSION
>scrap personal fetch quest scenes and Native American scenes, instead have Mike dose all of them with that drug and each of them get their own personal version of hell

Ben looks like a divorced middle aged lesbian in this shot

good post. I agree

thanks

adding:
>no random little boy scenes, the one kid in the mirror funhouse
I didn't give a shit about him! I don't care! adult Bill was flat as fuck!
>show people FUCKING DYING
stop cutting away from the most revolting parts! wtf?

is stephen king bisexual or something?

Why/how did Pennywise feel much less frightening and have so much less presence in this one?

I doubt it but I'm pretty sure he's a huge prevert

>evil child predator
>gay icon

Clown world is amazing

Attached: 1565179557171.gif (294x231, 1.37M)

>no stupid fortune cookies creatures that weren't scary
I agree with your post, though I did like the baby head creature.

Maybe snakes with baby heads? I didn't like the the CGI quality and how fake the creatures looked, weird choice.
>magma/lava onions sauce
>birds and snaked hatch out of the cookies with baby's heads on them
this would've worked better imo ^

goddamnit
>magma/lava s/oy sauce

What makes Pennywise creepy is that he isn't actually a clown, and is just a vehicle for IT to lure kids in. Little moments like him spacing out as he talks to Georgie made for the first movie's most effective scares.

In this one we only see him do that trick with the burn victim kid in the beginning, and everywhere else he's just "evil clown", like the kind you'd hear about in the 2016 sightings. It's as if someone decided to throw buildup out the window.

Kino

the little girl? that was a birthmark not a burn just fyi

you're right wtf happened to his cruel underlying menace? in this he was just like, "oooga boooga I'm a clown that's supposed to be scary!"

reactionaries fuck off

Amy Adams should have played Bev.

Attached: amy-adams-bafta-nespresso-nominees-party-02-09-2019-11.jpg (1024x1535, 101K)

IT Chapter 1 is peak zoomer nu-horror. Just has that feel y'know?

this

Havnt seen the second movie yet, but a fan of the books. This is what I hate the most.

Would have preferred if he was a literal demon (and stayed a he).

Those Lois Lane comments too

JDG and Finn just had great chemistry that actually managed to carry over to Hader and Ransone too. They're by far the most entertaining characters. Bill has always been a shitty Stephen King insert across all canons desu.

Attached: tumblr_pxeptzFfj01xtt5af_1.webm (640x296, 2.21M)

For real, in the book It even conjures a bunch of balloons that say DERRY NIGGERS GET THE BIRD just to fuck with Mike.

Should've kept the god turtle and Tibetan tongue biting ritual in the book. IT is already a crazy unfilmable work of art, might as well have gone balls to the wall. Also should've had the Losers forget each other after they killed IT.

>shows intense concern over childrren's right to a normal famiyl structure

Great! now, tell me, what are your thoughts on children being separated from their families at the border?

>thatsthejoke.jpg
Smartphones have ruined the internet

The scene where Richie gets puked on as it plays Angel(?) for 3 seconds was the most bipolar and rushed thing I've seen in a movie ever possibly. It didn't seem like it was done on purpose either, you could tell what they were going for but it just felt awkward.

The biggest flaw is that they didn't have a far superior Fukunaga script to crib from and it shows.

sexy bunny girls

Attached: iocos69.webm (500x889, 2.92M)

test

>how wrong can one person be? don't act like you read the book, because literally every reddit spaced statement is 100% incorrect

Haven't read IT since 1989 fucko and King was too coked out of his skull to work out the books problems logically. Also explains the gangbang scene!!!FACT!!!

What's his name

>What's his name

Ho Lee Fuk!!!FACT!!!

>Parents do illegal shit
>It is somewhat wrong to separate them for processing

The filename is her twitter and instagram nick.

>doesn't do porn
whats the point

Better, ose the flashbacks, add more kids dying, including the ones they cut. Maybe have them visit a classroom...no, have Mike the Librarian do a reading and he notices theres, like, twenty empty seats in the classroom and the kids are missing but no one really cares.

They decide to find out ITs origins and instead of being told, we get flashbacks of all those Old Derry murders, culminating with them speaking to the Indians (there aren't many left, the tribe was devoured by IT a century ago. One ancient old injun flashbacks them to the time of those murders and their desperate ritual. Mike runs with it, even though it clearly fails in the flashback.

They destroy IT using the ritual, triggering the destruction of the town. However, the town is still haunted, as the camera pans across the statue the Losers leave behind and it slowly lowers beyond that to the sewers, where we hear the giggles and screams of the dead in the sewers.

Families get seperated whenever both parents get in trouble with the law.

Dark cave sex scene with all the kids from the book.

based

Gangbang flashback, or a scene where Bev gets raped by papa

Those are some weird looking Skittles.

Honestly, and this movie is proof of it, the book drops the ball in the last act. Even King knows this. So making it 3 H O U R S!!!! L O N G !!! doesnt help.

>tfw no adaptation will include the sewer gangbang

youtube.com/watch?v=pSsbhJ2E6IE

I think they made it pretty clear in the movie what happens to fags in Derry.

My fellow hebe

I never thought of him as an alien, I just thought he was like an interdimensional being like some H.P Lovecraft Old Ones type shit that took an interest in Earth

yuck

He said MORTAL KOMBAT you braindead retard

You sure said it, Jay! I was distracted the whole time!

it was street fighter in the movie, confirmed for not watching

there was a mortal kombat cab in the movie too you dumb nigger

no it wasn't

It depends on what you want.

If you want a more accurate adaptation, it should've been a Netflix or HBO series.

If you want a better horror movie, the story should've been radically streamlined in order to let the movie breathe. It's an ensemble story. Bill is the male protagonist. Beverly is the female protagonist. Richie is the best friend / comic relief. Ben and Mike are the brains. Eddie and Stan are the weaklings who die. Cut out Ben and Eddie or Mike and Stan. They're redundant archetypically.

Dial down the quips. Crank up the horror and dread. Rely less on CGI. Don't have to show everything, audio can be horrifying (like a black box). Push the rating as close to NC-17 as humanly possible.

Possibly create some rules so folks know when the heroes are in danger and when they are not. Pennywise is an emotion vampire. What's ITs garlic? Turtle charms / friendship bracelets? What's ITs wooden stake? Ritual of the Chud?

It is. It comes from somewhere outside space and then tears its way into space and crashes on Earth. The movie simplified this.

Still say Sam Raimi would have made a fucking great movie out of part 2!!!FACT!!!

lack of 80s music, the only one I remember was the "don't call me angel" song, and then the score was just danny elfman/tim burton shit