Is the target audience of this children or teens/adults...

Is the target audience of this children or teens/adults? My friend says that in Japan its normal for kids shows to have gore and other mature things

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-100.jpg (361x500, 46K)

the target audience are weebs

The target audience was /m/ but then Yea Forums saw it and started jerking off to the 2d girls and rambling about how deep it is.

>The target audience was /m/
Uh, no, it wasn't.

FPBP

>teens/adults

Why teens/adults? why not teens OR adults? Are teens and adults the same thing now?

it definitely was considering Anno’s influences are the exact same as everything /m/ loves.

last two episodes don't even feature mechas

for all intensive purposes, yes

Most anime that is popular in the West are part of a demographic in Japan known as shonen (targeted at boys/teenagers). Sex, gore, etc. over there isn't as taboo as it is here for children. But yeah, anyone who thinks anime is superior to capeshit or whatever is still consuming literal children's programming and thinking they are better for it lol

>Anno is big time /m/an
>makes numerous references to other /m/ classics
>makes ultraman fanfic with a self insert of himself and his wife
>normalfags and t/a/rds miss all this because they're too busy jerking off to the emotionless husk that wasn't supposed to be liked at all
>Anno has a break down after retards missed the point and makes a movie where everything goes to shit as backlash

I was actually surprised how much Evangeillion shit I saw when I was in Japan. I'm not a big anime guy but I love the show and bought a soundtrack and some DVDs. There were figurines in a lot of stores and Rei and Asuka were on a lot of marketing there. Crazy how big it is after all these years. Based Japs.

probably because of the rebuilds

He met his wife after Eva.
Anno was a huge waifufag.
He definitely would have browsed Yea Forums.

moot waifus asuka
anno waifus asuka

is there anyone popular who actually likes rei or misato?

It aired on children's television but Anno was always more gearing towards young teens.
There's a reason all the main characters are 14.

the creator said he wanted kiddies to watch it, the same way one wants to show other people a man putting a jar inside his anus and breaking it

for sick kicks

probably hiro, japs call him "the hero of neets" so its only fitting

Japanese are more intelligent, that might explain it.

It's for teens but if you check the live action scene in EoE, every guy on the cinema looks like an adult.
In summary, it's for weebs.

Young teens

Elon Musk likes Misato

cryoto seinen

>intensive purposes

Attached: 1548556497436.gif (171x172, 962K)

Come in me if you want to live!

Attached: 208-2086353_rei-ayanami-nge-evangelion-evangelion-pilot-plugsuits.jpg (840x1161, 331K)

it's for people who feel crushed by society and who struggle making geniune connections. theres a reason why it became such a huge part of japanese culture, they literally have the theme tune play for train jingles and shit. in terms of age probably late teens to early adulthood.